Legend of the Five Rings Interest thread.

Started by BraveEarth, February 26, 2013, 02:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ofDelusions

So, a rules question: can I take that obligation disadvantage on other player (either Katina or Pumpkin)? And if so, which one of the mwould like to take it on?

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

I do believe you can as a tie in though the obligation would probably be more toward their families than to the individual character.  As for which, I don't really know.  Obviously we both benefit from having a guard.  My character will attempt to gain you the greatest possible advantage since you are her acquaintence and then would owe her a favor anyway, so it's kinda up to your preference.  Guard the artist or the courtier.

Katina Tarask

The artist will exploit you when the time comes.

Pumpkin Seeds

So we are gaining a Dragon courtier?

Anyone heard from Songbird?

BraveEarth

I've not heard from Songbird but yes One Dragon Courtier extra Investigation.

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Fiver214

I'll be making edits to my character sheet when I find time. Got wrapped up in watching the MLG streams: since I can't be there, might as well watch from home. I expect Monday will be the day, sometime in the afternoon.
Well, I'm back after more than a year!

ofDelusions

So my choice is who will abuse me more? Works for me...

Anyway if BBB would be more close with Pumpkin's char (or I'd imagine Dueslist working a lot with Courtier) then I could go with Katina so to say.

Next question then is how did the obligation come to be.

BraveEarth

Quote from: Fiver214 on March 17, 2013, 12:19:55 PM
I'll be making edits to my character sheet when I find time. Got wrapped up in watching the MLG streams: since I can't be there, might as well watch from home. I expect Monday will be the day, sometime in the afternoon.

I assume MLG is Major League Gaming. I could be assuming wrong but it's a fair guess. I'll be working with our Dragon Courtier on Friday so should see results around that time. Also just letting everyone know that I have been watching this thread and haven't died or contracted the plague.

BigBuckBob

Sorry, still paying attention.

I think what I worked out with Pumpkin is that she is married to my brother.

And my heritage table came up Ancestor rescued a kidnapped relative. Gain Major Ally from the Crane Clan and 3 points of glory.
So presumably my brother also has such an ally.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name Kakita Onago
School / Rank Rank 1 Kakita Bushi
Description / Background
Insight:121
Earth2  (Stamina 2 / Willpower 2 )
Water 2 (Strength 2  / Perception 2 )
Fire 2(Agility 3 / Intelligence 2 )
Air 3 (Reflexes 4 / Awareness3 )
Void 2
Initiative:5k4
TN to be hit:25
Wounds: Current -38
Healthy (+0):28
Nicked (+3):24
Grazed (+5):20
Hurt (+10):16
Injured (+15):12
Crippled (+20):8
Down (+40):4
Out :0
Skills:
Skill (Emphasis): Rank – Attribute
Etiquette      1
Tea Ceremony   1
Courtier       1
Kenjutsu       1
Kyujutsu       1
Sincerity      1
Iajutsu(focus) 5
School Techniques / Spells
Katas / Kihos
Advantages:Luck
Disadvantages: Can't Lie / Obligation
Heritage Ancestor rescued a kidnapped relative. Gain Major Ally from the Crane Clan and 3 points of glory.
Outfit:
Honour: 6
Glory: 4
Taint: 0
XP Spent:40
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

BraveEarth

Quote from: BigBuckBob on March 19, 2013, 05:53:52 PM
And my heritage table came up Ancestor rescued a kidnapped relative. Gain Major Ally from the Crane Clan and 3 points of glory.
Where is this? I'm looking at the Crane Table right now

BigBuckBob

Looking into it it appears I used an old version of the heritage tables.

Will find my book for correct ones.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Fiver214

I'm steppin' out of this before it really starts. Sorry ya'll, got really busy, and I can keep up with my other obligations, but I'm not sure if I could keep up with one more at this moment.
Well, I'm back after more than a year!

kckolbe

Intro Thread