Pokemon: Path of Destiny; No Longer Seeking; Thank You!

Started by King Serperior, July 27, 2016, 07:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

Game Notes and Rules

- This game will take place in the Tokai Region.  Tokai is a region I created and is NOT canon.  Tokai has it's own towns, Gyms, Gym Leaders, Pokemon League, lores, and many other things.
- There will Not be any "Fakemon" in this game.  Mega Evolution will be strictly limited, especially in the early game.
- As Sun and Moon are NOT out yet, please refrain from asking about the new Gen 7 Pokemon, moves, abilities, or items.  I will include them when the game comes out and I have played through it myself.
- This will Not be a system game.  We are all adults here, so I believe that we won't need a system to get things done.
- This will be a loosely guided freeform game with the plot moving forward via story events.
- That in mind, all final decisions will be decided by me.  If all else fails and a conflict can't be resolved, I will step in and resolve it.
- I am only looking for Trainers, not Gym Leader, Elite Four members, or past champions.  This game is OCs Only.
- This will not be a super-fast game.  I will try for once-a-week posts, but it may be a little slower than that.
- I do not plan for a smut-filled game.  Although such things are fun, but it can really bog down a game.  I would like this to be mostly story based.  As such, character genders don't matter.
- On that note, any sexual content will remain between humans.  I am not too much a fan of Pokemon x Human pairings.
- I only plan on taking five trainers with me on this adventure.  As such, though character gender doesn't matter, it is nice to have an even pairing of males and females.
- I would like all interested players to have an O/O's thread.  This makes it easier for everyone instead of having to try and navigate a matrix or the like.
- Finally, I would prefer anyone who wants to play this game to have taken the Oath of Drake (Note:  Though it is preferred, it's NOT required) and have an O/Os thread (The matrix is nice, but having an actual thread would be much preferred).

So, with all of that out of the way, let me welcome you to the Tokai Region!  This region is very much separated from the rest of the Pokemon world and the only way to get there is by plane or by sea, and even then, it's a long journey.  It's one of the newest regions in existence, their Pokemon League being barely three years old.  Despite it's isolation from the rest of the world by vast seas, Tokai is very big and it has been speculated that it was the center of a vast super-continent millions of years ago.  However, not all is grand in this region.

A war, unlike any other in the other regions, ravished the land and left much of the region in ruin.  Now, the region is in a state of rebuilding and, for the first time in the region's history, a Pokemon League was built.  It was a rough job, but structure was finally found in Tokai.  After three years, the region is now open to trainers from the outside.  Compared to other regions, this region is harsh and dangerous.  Though their are places where different Pokemon can live perfectly in their natural habitats, but a vast portion of the region is a ruined wasteland.  Most of the population resides around the edges of the region in large, coastal, modern towns and cities, leaving smaller, makeshift towns and villages throughout the rest of the region.

That's where we come in.  We get to test this fledgling region and League.  Some will come by air and others by sea, relatively new trainers with high hopes and dreams, willing to risk it all in the search for Championship.  There will be danger, there will be action, there will be adventure, and there may even be romance, but nothing is ever truly guaranteed.  Who is willing to find out where this adventure takes us?

This game will be a more realistic take on Pokemon.  People and Pokemon can be badly injured and there will likely be deaths.  There will be parts of this game that will be quite dark.  However, this doesn't mean that your character or their Pokemon will die or be injured.  That is still the player's choice, but there will be scenes where NPCs and their Pokemon will be hurt and/or killed by other NPCs and their Pokemon.  This doesn't mean it will be all gloom, doom, death, and violence, but it won't be all sunshine and sparkles either.

Character Sheets:

[float=left][img height=200 padding=5]INSERT IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (Preferably 17-21)
[b]Trainer Class:[/b]  (What sort of trainer is the character?  Are they a trainer who wants to take on all the gyms?  Do they want to do contests instead?  Perhaps they are a breeder?  Are they a monotype trainer who only likes one type of Pokemon?  Maybe they are just an explorer out for adventure?  Or do they strive to one day become a Pokemon professor?  This section is open for all EXCEPT expert trainers, league champions, (ex-)gym leaders, (ex-)elite four members, professors, or (ex-)champions.
[b]Orientation:[/b] (Can be any orientation, but being specifically Hetrosexual or Homosexual can be limiting;  However, as this isn't a game run off the sexual element, that shouldn't come up too often, so don't worry too much about this.)
[b]Home Region:[/b] (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos)
[b]Pokemon Team:[/b] (Everyone is given '6 Points' for team building;  Explained below;  Each trainer can have 1, 2, or 3 Pokemon to start;  Please list the three Pokemon and include a brief bit of information about them, such as nicknames, personality, which one did the trainer start with, and other interesting tidbits.)
[list]
[li][u]Pokemon One:[/u][/li]
[li][u]Pokemon Two:[/u][/li]
[li][u]Pokemon Three:[/u][/li]
[/list]
[b]Personality:[/b]  (Just a few sentences)
[b]Biography:[/b]  (Just a paragraph or two;  I'm not looking for League Champions, Ex-Gym Leaders, or anything like that;  However, 1 or, at most, 2 gym badges from their home region is good enough;  Any more than that wouldn't make them fairly new trainers.)
[b]Bag Contents:[/b]  ([u]The contents of the bag will be subject to GM approval[/u], however, the standard for trainers are: a sleeping back and/or small tent, 10-20 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, some Pokemon food, a canister for water, some food for the trainer, some spare clothes, and extra items like a rope or grooming tools for their Pokemon.)
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b] (Link to player's Ons/Offs thread;  Do not link to any matrix as those are not very fun to navigate)

One final note before moving on to the Pokemon:  No newly arrived trainer knows much about Tokai except these facts:

• Tokai is, by far, the largest region known.
  • There was a major civil war about five years ago.
  • The land is harsh, but beautiful.
  • The Tokai Pokemon League is said to be the toughest League of all regions.
  • The Tokai Region is so large that it is believed that almost all Pokemon species live there somewhere.
  • It has recently opened its borders to accept new trainers now that it is fairly safe.
  • As far as anyone is aware, there are NO powerful groups with malicious intent like seen in other regions (Teams Rocket, Plasma, Flare, etc);  This, however, is not true, but more will be revealed later;  As such, it is deemed somewhat safer than some regions.

Now, before you begin working on your Character, you'll notice that the team needs explaining.  This game is about following the journeys of six relatively new trainers in a new, strange region.  It's possible that your characters can have a badge, maybe even two badges from whatever region they came from, but no more than that.  They certainly won't have any badges in this region.  So, that brings us to the reasoning behind this.

Our characters can have anywhere between one and three Pokemon on their starting team.  However, there are some restrictions on this.  It would be easy for someone to have a team of Arcanine, Blastoise, and Sawsbuck to start, but that would be too easy, if you get what I mean.  So, here's the Pokemon Team Rule:

As you noticed in the character sheet, each trainer has six 'points' that allows them to have anywhere from one to three Pokemon.  Each Pokemon has a certain 'price,' but don't let that confuse you.  Here's the 'prices:'

- 2 Points:  Includes most First Stage Pokemon (Ex. Charmander, Wurmple, and Yamask) and all Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pichu, Budew, and Cleffa).
- 4 Points:  Includes most Single Stage Pokemon (Tauros, Druddigon, and Stantler), Fully-Evolved Early Bug-Type Pokemon (Beedrill, Dustox, Vespiquen, and Mothim (No one wants a Combee any of their other first stages!)), Gyarados/Milotic (No one really wants a Magikarp/Feebas, do they?), Evolved forms of Baby Pokemon (Ex. Pikachu, Magmar, and Marill), Eeveelutions (Ex. Jolteon, Espeon, and Leafeon), Most Middle-Stage Pokemon (Ex. Gloom, Marshtomp, and Tranquill), and First Stage Pseudo-Legendary Pokemon (Ex. Bagon, Beldum, and Dratini).
- 6 Points:  Includes Middle-Stage Pseudo-Legendaries (Ex. Pupitar, Sliggoo, and Zweilous) and Most Fully-Evolved Pokemon (Ex. Golem, Shiftry, and Blastoise).

You do NOT have to use all six points.  If you want a brand new trainer with just a Chimchar, feel free!  That's just 2 points and one Pokemon, but if it suits your character, do it!  Just the same, you could use all six points and get a Shellder, Bidoof, and an Eevee.  Just pick what Pokemon you feel that you want and works well with the character you have in mind!  It's your character, so play what you want!

Next up, in regards to Pokemon, these types will be limited:  Pseudo-Legendaries, Shiny Pokemon, Fossils, and Mega Evolutions.  Here's why:

- Pseudo-Legendaries:  Among the strongest of Pokemon when they reach their final stage, they are among the most difficult to train and take the longest to fully evolve;  Finding them, let alone catching them, can be very difficult.
- Shiny Pokemon:  Extremely rare, these Pokemon are highly valued, despite their coloration being the only difference between them and normal colored versions.  As such, Shiny Pokemon are often stolen and sold on black markets.
- Fossils:  Finding a fossil that is intact enough to revive is very rare.  While not as rare as a Shiny (or anywhere close to that), intact fossils are highly valued by scientists.  As such, unless someone is actively looking for them, most trainers ignore them.  While Fossil Pokemon are much less likely to be stolen than a Shiny or a Mega Stone, they're rare enough that they may pose a threat to their trainer.  I, personally, plan to have a Fossil Pokemon myself as I adore them.
- Mega Stones:  Extremely valuable and highly sought after, Mega Stones allow a Pokemon to Mega Evolve.  Because of this, trainers with Mega Stones are often targets for thieves.

While these restrictions on these Pokemon types might seem harsh, I am doing it for balance reasons.  I know that if I do not do this, then everyone and their friend will be going for shiny Pokemon, Mega Pokemon, and Pseudo-Legends.  Besides, the more rare and powerful a Pokemon is, the larger the target the trainer is!  In terms of danger levels, from most dangerous to least, we have:  Mega Stones -> Shiny Pokemon -> Pseudo-Legends -> Fossil Pokemon.  So, if you want to add one of these elements to your trainer, just take note of the risk of having them verses the reward.  One major note, however:  No trainer will have a Mega Stone or Key Stone at the beginning!  Even if the trainer did, having both and the Pokemon to use them mean nothing until a very strong bond between trainer and Pokemon is achieved!

It's complicated, I know, but if you have any questions, let me know.  I will be more than happy to answer your questions.    :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Latooni Subota

I have an idea for a girl who is prooobably in-over-her-head, heading to the Tokai region to be one of the first to try and complete the league challenge . . with the intent of recording her battles and adventures traveling across the region, and uploading them to the net for the world to see her glorious victory that surely won't have anything bad happen.

Trainer Class: PokeJournalist? Net Idol? PokeBlogger?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

King Serperior

Hey, Latooni Subota!

A PokeJournalist could certainly work.  Of course, trainers don't have to enter the League Challenge at all if you don't want them to.  A character can completely ignore the league if they just want an adventure.  As for uploading to the internet, I like to think that there isn't actually something exactly like that in the Pokemon world.  It's more television as the media and video conferences.  So, if you want your character to focus on creating a video document of the world around her during her adventures, feel free!

I hope that answers your questions?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Latooni Subota

Yeah, I figured it would be something like (Especially considering the way you described the region) her recording bits of her adventure on PokeGear or something, then whenever she gets to a PokeCenter using the PC system to send it to where it needs to go. Without the internet, it's probably a weekly TV show she got fresh out of school. (By being the only person brave enough to volunteer for this kinda gig in a completely untested region)

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

King Serperior

So, what you're saying is that she just recently got out of school and chose to make a career as a beginner journalist/reporter?  I would imagine that the Tokai region isn't a primary objective for most news stations in the various regions since there is little to no information about it and most regions have bigger fish to fry.  So, I think it would make sense for her to volunteer for this sort of thing, being new and 'not skilled enough' for bigger stories in the regions.

Do you have any other questions or ideas for your character or the character sheet itself?  Remember, you can have between 1-3 Pokemon to start, but you don't have to go for three if you feel your character wouldn't have that many.

I'm personally planning for a spelunking, cave-diving explorer with a fondness for very hardy Pokemon.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

As an example to see a completed character sheet, this will be my character.

Name:  Koga Nakamura
Trainer Class:  Explorer
Orientation: Bisexual, but isn't worried about that sort of thing right now
Home Region: Sinnoh

Pokemon Team:
| |

• Amaura:  Koga's first Pokemon, Amaura's fossil was discovered by him as a child while exploring the Iron Islands.  After revival, Amaura proved to have a caring nature and highly protective of her trainer.  Though not Koga's strongest Pokemon in terms of sheer brute force, it shouldn't be underestimated in battle.
  • Golett:  Koga came across Golett while traveling through Mt. Coronet where it was being harassed by a swarm of Zubat.  After saving it, Golett started following Koga around until it decided to join him.  Golett is, by far, Koga's strongest Pokemon, but it isn't very good at doing delicate things, often accidentally breaking fragile objects.  It can often be seen staring at the sky and climbing high places.
  • Noibat:  When Koga visited the Great Marsh, he noticed that a Noibat was being bullied by a swarm of Yanma led by a Yanmega.  Amaura felt bad for it and managed to convince Koga to capture it instead of leaving it where it would be bullied.  Even after capture, Noibat proved to be rather jittery and twitchy and prone to occasionally attacking anything that scares it with Supersonic attacks and Biting them.

Personality:  Koga sees himself as an explorer, often taking the less traveled road just to see where it takes him.  He's tough, but not without compassion.  He tends to tackle problems head-on more times than not, but is usually more cautious when he battles.  Koga tends to prefer the Rock, Steel, and Ground types over the others and isn't too fond of Fire types since some caves are filled with flammable gasses and fire eats valuable oxygen.  Overall, Koga is the kind of person you can depend on when things get dangerous.

Biography:  Though Koga was born in Oreburg City, he spent a lot of his childhood Canalave City with his uncle Byron.  His father was Roark, but he never knew his mother because she died when he was young due to a sickness that came with sudden intensity.  It was because of this that he spent a lot of time with his uncle while his father threw himself into running his gym to distract himself from grief.  When he was old enough, Byron took him to the Iron Islands, which used to be a mine, but was now a habitat for the various Pokemon that lived there.  It was on one of those expeditions that he found a Sail Fossil, which was extremely rare in Sinnoh.

When he returned home in Oreburg, he and his father revived the Amaura.  After a couple of years, he decided that it was time to be a true Pokemon Trainer and begin exploring.  So, at the usual age of 10, Koga set out with his Amaura to explore the world.  Over the next few years, Koga had traveled to all but the most northern regions of Sinnoh.  At 15, while trying to navigate his way through Mt. Coronet, he came across a swarm of Zubat attacking a Golett every time it poked its head from behind some rocks.  A few well-placed Icy Winds and Aurora Beams later and the flock was scattered, allowing the Golett to escape into the darkness of the cave.  Over the next couple of years, Koga and Amaura noticed that that same Golett seemed to be following them, but it always ran and hid whenever they tried to get too close.  It wasn't until he was 18 and training to take on the  Eterna City Gym Leader, Gardenia, that the Golett decided that it wanted to join in.  The battle against the Automaton Pokemon was one of their toughest as the Golett proved to be stronger than it looked, despite being weak to Amaura's ice moves.  It knew strong attacks, such as Fire Punch and Shadow Punch but it eventually allowed itself to be caught.

Despite the type disadvantage, Amaura's ice attacks and Golett's sheer strength proved to be just what Koga needed to triumph over Gardenia.  With a badge under his belt, Koga made his way down to the more southern parts of Sinnoh.  Soon, he found himself in Pastoria City where they decided to try their hand at battling Crasher Wake.  However, the Gym Leader proved far too strong for them and easily defeated them without having a single his Pokemon faint.  After that complete defeat, Koga decided it was time to take a break and go check out the Great Marsh.  As night began to fall hours later, he began to head back to the exit where he witnessed a Noibat fleeing from a swarm of Yanma and a Yanmega that were being territorial.  It kept trying to defend itself, but there were too many and the Yanmega was too strong.  After Amaura's insistence, Koga helped the smaller Pokemon and then convinced it to join him, which the Noibat accepted rather than stay with the scary Bug Pokemon.

Not long after his 19th birthday, Koga received a letter from his father telling him of a new league that recently opened in a region that was torn by a war a few years back.  Because Koga was always looking for adventure, Roark thought that this would be a grand opportunity for him to test his skills.  So, with a little extra money in his pocket, Koga took the boat to Kanto where he boarded the ship to Tokai....

Bag Contents:  1x Sleeping Bag, 10x Pokeballs, 5x Great Balls, 5x Potions, 1x Super Potion, 1x water canister with a built-in water purifier, some Pokemon food, some dried fruits and salted meats, 20ft of coiled rope, a change of clothes, a two-foot long shovel, and a hardhat with a light.
Ons/Offs: Located right here

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Name:  Kyra Onishino
Trainer Class: Battlegirl (MonoFighting type)
Orientation:  Bisexual (she is more concerned with combat and honor and hasn't given a lot of thought to sex)
Home Region:  Kanto
Pokemon Team:

• Riolu (Chikara):  Chikara was Kyra's first pokemon.  Her father, in one of his few wins at a informal tournament, won an egg.  He gave it to his daughter Kyra as a little girl.  When she hatched it a Riolu came out.  As it is not a native pokemon to Kanto, the little girl didn't know what it was at first, but she loved it anyway.  After that, the two were inseparable, constantly playing and training in the martial arts together.  Chikara is very stubborn and, like his trainer, often refuses to back down.  Even if he is facing a superior opponent he will refuse to retreat and actively fight to stay on the field.
  • Tyrogue (Kuren):  Kyra captured Kuren in one of her first major battles with Chikara as they encountered him while up in the mountains training with her grandfather when she was 12.  The Tyrogue nearly knocked out the young Riolu but she threw her only pokeball before it could.  Kuren greatly desires to be a Hitmonlee one day and so he refuses to use punching attacks and only likes to use his legs. He is much more offensive than defensive.
  • Meditite (Seishin):  Seishin was Kyra's final pokemon and her most recent acquisition. She received it from ironically a psychic trainer after he wiped the floor with her.  She has not been with Kyra long enough for Kyra to really figure out her personality and she never says a word.
Personality:  Kyra will not back down from a challenge no matter what the odds due to the oath she swore her dead father, but she is tough as nails and rather smart in battle too. She is not afraid to enter battle with her Pokemon if the situation calls for it and often does in the wild. She is highly skilled with her bokken and in various hand to hand styles.

Biography:  Kyra is from Saffron city.  Kyra is the granddaughter of Kiyo the original Saffron city dojo gym master who fought Red.  Her father swore to earn back the prestige for the dojo after the humiliation at the hands of the psychics.  He trained hard but did not have the talents of his father and after many humiliating defeats took his own life.  Kyra was told he died in battle valiantly fighting a dangerous assassin of Team Rockets.  Kyra however did inherit her grandfathers talents and has trained very hard from a young age in personal martial arts and fighting type Pokemon knowledge and moves.  She left home as a teenager determined to bring honor back to her families dojo.  After taking the earth and boulder badges she heard about the new region, while accidentally overhearing the conversation of an experienced Pokemon trainer in Lavender Town.  The trainer was talking to a girl and bragging about how he was going to go to Tokai and only someone with his skill could handle it.  Kyra decided what better way to challenge herself and bring honor to the gym than to take on some of the toughest conditions she could. So she set out on the journey to Tokai with Chikara and Kuren.  Along the way to a port city, while traveling through the mountains, she met a man who was floating cross legged above a small lake.  Seeing the man she challenged him to a battle thinking him a strong trainer.  She was right and he wiped the floor with her using his psychic Pokemon.  For Kyra it was a humiliating defeat to be beaten so badly by a psychic, but still she turned her anger inward and not outward at the stranger.  The man was impressed with her fortitude and determination and told her that the best way to beat a psychic trainer was to understand one.  He then left her with a pokeball and levitated away.  In the pokeball was a meditite. Kyra thought long and hard on the mans words and began training the meditite who she named Seishin.

Bag Contents:  10x pokeballs, 1x great ball, a compass, 20ft of rope, 4 potions, 1 revive, a change of clothes, travel rations with some pokechow, and her father's Bokken which she keeps strapped to her back.
Ons/Offs:https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253395.0

http://pokecharms.com/trainer-card-maker/

King Serperior

Alright, Shadowfox, let's take a closer look at Kyra:

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 01:09:39 AM
She looks pretty awesome!  However, do you happen to have a clearer image of her?  As in, do you have an image of her so we can see her face a little better?

Name: Kyra Onishino
Trainer Class:Fighting type trainer
Orientation:Bi (she is more concerned with combat and honor and hasn't given a lot of thought to sex)
Home Region:Kanto
It looks like you have some things bolded where they shouldn't be.  Would you mind editing that?  Also, perhaps a more suitable trainer class name could be 'Battle Girl?'  Perhaps with parentheses indicating that she is a mono-fighting trainer?

Pokemon Team:

• Chikara:This Rilolu was Kyra's first pokemon. Her father in one of his few wins at a informal tournament won an egg. He gave it to his daughter Kyra as a little girl. When she hatched it a Riolu came out. As it is not a native pokemon to Kanto the little girl didn't know what it was at first but she loved it anyway. After that the two were inseparable, constantly playing and training in the martial arts together.
  • Kuren:Kyra captured this Tyrogue in one of her first major battles with Chikara as they encountered him while up in the mountains training with her grandfather when she was 12. The Tyrogue nearly knocked out the young Riolu but she threw her only pokeball before it could.
  • Seishin:This meditite was Kyra's final pokemon and her most recent acquisition. She recieved it from ironically a psychic trainer after he wiped the floor with her.
As stated earlier, I really like the added touch of a trainer card!  Could you perhaps provide a link to the trainer card maker in case others want to create one for themselves?  No one has to, but it is a nice touch.

As for the Pokemon:  Could you please not list their nicknames first?  Instead, it would be preferred if you did something like this:  Riolu (Chikara):.  It makes it easier to remember what Pokemon is what.

Personality:  Kyra will not back down from a challenge no matter what the odds due to the oath she swore her dead father, but she is tough as nails and rather smart in battle too. She is not afraid to enter battle with her Pokemon if the situation calls for it and often does in the wild. She is highly skilled with her bokken and in various hth styles.
I am not sure what you mean by 'hth,' but I would be careful about her skills being too high.  This isn't an action game where everyone is an expert and, considering her age, I think she would be fairly skilled if she trained with her wooden sparing sword (I had to look up what a bokken was).  Remember, the game is going to focus on relatively new and novice trainers in a dangerous region.  They'll hone their skills and abilities in battle here.

Biography:
Okay, I have a couple of things I would like to point out here:
He trained hard but did not have the talents of his father and after many humiliating defeats took his own life. Kyra was told he died in battle valiantly fighting a dangerous assassin of Team Rockets.
I am not sure that Team Rocket would send a hit team to a run-down dojo, but if the situation called for it, I could see a more feasible lie being that her father died during a skirmish with Pokemon thieves.  Of course, there would be no way to know if it was actually Team Rocket who did that or just a thief.
After taking the earth and boulder badges she heard about the new region. Kyra decided what better way to challenge herself and bring honor to the gym than to take on some of the toughest conditions she could. So she set out on the journey to Tokai with Chikara and Kuren. Along the way while traveling through the mountains,
It should be noted that the only way to access the Tokai region is via boat or plane, so there would be no way to walk there.  Also, where or how did she learn of Tokai?  It's not extremely common knowledge like the other regions.
she met a man who was floating in cross legged above a small lake. Seeing the man she challenged him to a battle thinking him a strong trainer. She was right and he wiped the floor with her using his psychic Pokemon. For Kyra it was a humiliating defeat to be beaten so badly by a psychic, but still she turned her anger inward and not outward at the stranger. The man was impressed with her fortitude and determination and told her that the best way to beat a psychic trainer was to understand one. He then left her with a pokeball and levitated away. In the pokeball was a meditite. Kyra thought long and hard on the mans words and began training the meditite who she named Seishin.
This looks good, but I don't think that a human can simply float away on his own.  Sit cross-legged to meditate, thus levitating some, certainly, but not psychically float away.  That said, you might want to make some edits to make it where she met him on her travels, perhaps before learning of Tokai?  After all, it's a vast ocean between Kanto (the closest region) and Tokai, one that would require many days of journey over the water.

Bag Contents:10xpokeballs 1xgreat ball a compass, 50ft of rope, 4 potions, 1 revive,  a change of clothes, travel rations with some pokechow, her fathers Bokken which she keeps strapped to her back
Ons/Offs:https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=253395.0
Alright, this looks good to me.  It would be good to note that I consider Revives to be special, small crystals that have to be ground up into powder, mixed into water, and given to a weakened Pokemon to restore their energy.

Make the changes and let me know so I can go back over the character.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Ok will make the changes soon. To address some things for you real quick first.

Hth is hand to hand an abbreviated blanket term for different styles of physical combat. Her skill as a trainer are still not that high and even a skilled martial artist is no match for most Pokemon. As for the dude floating away, in standard Pokemon cannon their are people with psychic powers of their own like Sabrina. Some of them pretty damn strong. Also the story of the team rocket thing. Two things one while the dojo may have lost a lot of prestige it is still the top fighting dojo in Saffron City (which is based off of Tokoyo irl)

Please understand I am not arguing. I will make every single change you request as the st. I was just bringing up some points. As for getting to Tokai. I was meaning her journey on foot was to a port town to catch the boat. Oh and the backstory on her father never stated he died at the dojo.

(Wow sorry about that post it was bad.)

King Serperior

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 03:38:42 PM
Hth is hand to hand a abbreviated blanket term for different styles of physical combat. Her skill ads trainer is still not that high and even a skilled martial artist is I match for most Pokemon.
Ah, okay.  Hand-to-hand it is.  You might want to state it as that rather than 'hth' for convenience.  It's not uncommon for Fighting type trainers to spar with their Pokemon.
As for the dude floating away in standard Pokemon cannon their are people with psychic powers of their own like Sabrina. Some of them pretty damn strong.
True enough.  It could be feasible for someone like that to exist somewhere secluded, but the really powerful telekinetic skills are limited to Gym Leaders, Elite Four members, Champions, and a very select few powerful trainers.  Most Psychic trainers aren't nowhere near Sabrina's level of skill.
Also the story of the team rocket thing. Two things one while the dojo may have lost a lot of prestige it is still the top fighting dojo in Saffron City (which is based off of Tokoyo irl)
The Dojo in Saffron is certainly one of the top dojos out there, no argument there.
Please understand I am not arguing. I will make every single change you request as the st. I was just brining up some points. As for getting to Tokai I was meaning her on foot journey to a port town to catch the boat. Oh and the backstory on her father never stated he died at the dojo.
I understand.  I was just bringing some points up.  No worries about the foot journey to the port.  I just needed to have some clarification.

There is something else I want to point out:  I hate having to say this, but I'm going to need you to slow down and focus on your spelling and grammar here.  There have been a few places where I had difficulty making out what I was reading.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

Sorry about the spelling. I just woke up and typing from a damn smart phone. Usually on forum post I will go back after posting and proof read then do edits when I find them.

King Serperior

No worries.  It's understandable.  I generally try to avoid posting via phone to avoid autocorrect issues.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wolfy

Kiiiiiiing! I remember you posting this up...like, a long time ago. @-@

Can I reserve a spot to make a profile later? <3

King Serperior

Hey, Wolfy!

I can't technically reserve a spot, but there are still technically 5/5 spaces left open for characters until some have been completed and/or made.

Do you have a character concept in mind?  Do you have any questions about the character sheet or anything?  Also, I think I remember you showing interest all that time ago and I think the post length led to issues?  I'm still looking for the post length average to be between 3-5 paragraphs, depending on the situation at hand.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Shadowfox

I made the changes to her profile. Please let me know if I need to change the psychic or clarify an identity.

Latooni Subota

Name: Penelope "Penny" Weber
Trainer Class: PokeJournalist
Orientation: Bi-curious
Home Region: Kalos
Pokemon Team:

• Pokemon One: Whimsicott
"Whimsy" Whimsicott is a rather cuddly and meek pokemon at first glance, pretty much nothing but cute (Just how Penny likes her). It takes a bit of nudging to get Whimsicott to pose for the camera, though Penny is working at it with the cute little thing. What IS surprising is just how brave the pokemon is when battles happen. Whimsicott would throw herself in front of a fire pokemon to protect Penny, likely due to Penny raising her from an egg in the Kalos Trainer School.
  • Pokemon Two:
  • Pokemon Three:
Personality:  Penny is a confident, fun-loving, and a little bit naive young woman. She is a firm believer in thinking positively, even when things go bad, and that putting forth effort will pay dividends. Despite her bubbly and flighty attitude, she's actually fairly intelligent, having graduated top of her class from the Kalos Region Trainer School. She is a bit of an attention whore though, leading to her current choice in career. Her main goal is to make a name for herself and become famous as both a trainer and TV personality. When it comes to the negative aspects of her personality, the biggest ones are also some of her biggest assets: Confidence and tenacity. She simply doesn't know when to give up.

Biography: Penelope Weber is a recent graduate from the Kalos Region Trainer School, hailing from Lumiose City. She spent her school years lovingly caring for her Cottonee, hitting the books on poke-theory and survival tips, and making all manner of friends and connections. Some would say she has lead a charmed life, with a mother filming movies and a fairly well-off doctor (for people, not pokemon) for parents, making it easy for her to afford all the luxuries in life . . and those people would be absolutely right. She got into school with a handshake and a donation, made friends with movie premiere tickets, and generally had the best gear and clothes out of anyone in school. Really, it's just a shame that this meant early on she didn't have what someone would consider 'real' friends, just hangers on.

Thankfully, Penny had the affections of her Cottonee that never wanted for anything other than attention and basic care. The stark difference, even considering one was a pokemon and the rest were humans, let her take a step back and adjust her life. While her inner attention-whore wouldn't reject her hangers-on, she was far more careful with real friendships, slowly forming true bonds with people that didn't just want to use her. She hit the books with a vengeance, learning battle theory, breeding tips, and general academics to prove she deserved her place in school. Through sheer determination (and a bit of social savvy) she rocketed through the rankings to stand at the top of her graduating class. Being the number one trainer from the Kalos Pokemon School meant that, along with her parents influence, countless doors were opened to the young woman . . much to her dismay.

The world of adults was infinitely more complicated than a closed world like school was, and political pressure from friends and enemies of her family combined with too much choice brought her to a screeching halt. While she had her newly-evolved Whimsicott to comfort her and be a constant friend, she really didn't know exactly what to do with her life. The only thing she knew for sure was that she wanted to do something involving Pokemon, so as to not waste her education. Taking the League Challenge didn't interest her at all . . until she heard about the Tokai region's League being ready to be challenged. That was what gave her the idea! What if she was one of the first to take on the league, and she documented her challenge every step of the way? No big name stations seemed interested in finding out what was going on there beyond simple gossip, so she had no real competition. Not only that, it would prove she could do something without her parents influence! It didn't take long to cut a deal with a tv studio in Kalos and hop on a boat to the Tokai region, ready to film the first episode of the future hit series: "Tokai: A Trainer's Journey!" Who knows? Maybe one they they'll make a movie about her!

Bag Contents:  The bag itself (A waterproofed backpack, top o' the line!), 10 Pokeballs, 5 Potions, PokeFood, a Filter Water Bottle with replacement filter, some good ol' human food, a small cookery set, a heating element with a little solar panel, colder weather clothes and some spares, 20ft of nylon rope, a small lantern (also with a solar powered battery), and enough make-up and grooming tools to keep her and Whimsicott looking good for the camera. Using her money to her advantage, she bought re-usable supplies and things that could be miniaturized, but the backpack is still a bit bulky.
Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

Latooni Subota

Version 1 complete! I admit I went with Whimsicott as my only pokemon entirely for cuteness' sake.

King Serperior

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 07:51:01 PM
I made the changes to her profile. Please let me know if I need to change the psychic or clarify an identity.
Alright, the character sheet looks a lot better.  Just a few final notes:
- Do you think you can add a little personality to her Pokemon?  Such a quirks or whatnot?  For example, the Noibat my character has is jittery and nervous most of the time and attacks when frightened.
- 50ft of rope sounds like quite a lot for a trainer who's focus is more about training than climbing high places or going into caves.  Of course, that much rope is a lot even for a trainer that does climb and cave dive.

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 28, 2016, 07:55:19 PM
Version 1 complete! I admit I went with Whimsicott as my only pokemon entirely for cuteness' sake.
I'll take a closer look at Penelope soon, but I wanted to make sure my first glance at her is accurate:

She's a spoiled, rich city girl from Kalos who aspires to be one of the first trainers to enter the Tokai League.  Her past experiences where her money made things easier for her and her comparatively sheltered life means that she will be way in over her head when she goes to the new region.  Playing the rich girl is fine, but I want to say that you shouldn't go overboard with it.  In Tokai, it is unlikely that her money will make things much easier as she'll only have what she brought with her from home.  Tokai isn't connected to the other regions, so money transfers are basically nonexistent due to the vast distances.

That said, I'll give a more through analysis of her later as it is fairly late on my end and I have had a long, busy day.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Latooni Subota

Not quite. She WAS a spoiled rich girl, but (mostly) got better. She won't really be utilizing money as a viable option in order to keep things 'fair' in her mind, and limited herself to her gear and what she can earn battling/doing odd-jobs. She WILL probably be a bit in over her head though. I don't think anyone is really prepared for the Tokai region :3

Shadowfox

I will work on adding some quirks. As for the 50ft of rope can you tell I played to much D&D over the years :P. so yea 20ft is fine.

Mr L

Hey KS, I was hoping there's still a spot in this game for a psychic treasure hunter?
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

King Serperior

Quote from: Latooni Subota on July 28, 2016, 09:26:26 PM
Not quite. She WAS a spoiled rich girl, but (mostly) got better. She won't really be utilizing money as a viable option in order to keep things 'fair' in her mind, and limited herself to her gear and what she can earn battling/doing odd-jobs. She WILL probably be a bit in over her head though. I don't think anyone is really prepared for the Tokai region :3
Alright, that makes more sense.  I'll take a look over her, perhaps tomorrow as it is late on my end.  That said, you would be right in saying that no trainer coming in will really be prepared!

Quote from: Shadowfox on July 28, 2016, 09:30:35 PM
I will work on adding some quirks. As for the 50ft of rope can you tell I played to much D&D over the years :P. so yea 20ft is fine.
Okay then, I can't wait to see what you come up with.  Take a look at my character's Pokemon for an example.  And, thanks for understanding about the rope!

Quote from: Mr L on July 28, 2016, 10:49:21 PM
Hey KS, I was hoping there's still a spot in this game for a psychic treasure hunter?
Hey, Mr L!  A psychic treasure hunter would be quite an interesting addition.  Tokai is large enough that much of the region is unexplored, so there is bound to be something interesting!  I do wonder what you mean by 'psychic' though?  Do you mean he/she specializes in Psychic type Pokemon?  Or do you mean being actually psychic?  As stated above, the trainers we will play are novice, so I highly doubt any psychic powers he has will come close to such elite trainers like Sabrina or Lucian, a Gym Leader and Elite Four member respectively.

Do you have any questions regarding the character sheet or the region itself?  Remember, the goal is to make the character you want to play and use the Pokemon you want to use, so don't think you have to choose the 'best of the best' in order to make it in this game.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Mr L

Was meaning both actually. A non-binary human psychic with budding powers, like enough Telekinetic prowess to lift pokeballs like the NPC trainers in the game, but maybe getting stronger as the game progresses and their team gets better? Then their team would be consisting of a Staryu, Natu, and Litwick. Staryu for underwater bounty, Natu for aerial scouting, and Litwick for...well, light!

So my two questions for now would be: would having a psychic link to the pokemon be out of the question for a them? And what mechanics are in place in terms of what a pokemon can know? TMs/HMs, tutors allowed, and how many moves each?
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

King Serperior

Quote from: Mr L on July 28, 2016, 11:10:11 PM
Was meaning both actually. A non-binary human psychic with budding powers, like enough Telekinetic prowess to lift pokeballs like the NPC trainers in the game, but maybe getting stronger as the game progresses and their team gets better? Then their team would be consisting of a Staryu, Natu, and Litwick. Staryu for underwater bounty, Natu for aerial scouting, and Litwick for...well, light!
That sounds doable.  I would imagine having the sort of control to lift Pokeballs would take someone born with the latent ability ~7 years to get that far, assuming that most NPC trainers you see in the game are about the age of 18-19.  Range would be limited to fairly close as I would imagine it mentally strains the trainer the further the distance is.  So, more experience in the world and more challenges would be needed to become stronger......that or many, many, many years of meditation.

As for the team, it sounds good to me!  However, it should be noted that Natu's wings aren't very developed, so 'flight' would be more like gliding while flapping furiously.
So my two questions for now would be: would having a psychic link to the pokemon be out of the question for a them?
Psychic links are generally reserved for Dark, Psychic, and Ghost types with a very select few other Pokemon, such as Lucario, included.  So, I would say a limited psychic link between your character and Natu and possibly Litwick is possible.  Staryu, however, isn't a Psychic type yet, so there would be no grounds to forge such a link.  As for what I mean by a limited link, no trainer will ever be able to control their Pokemon mentally, but could see through their eyes or hear what they hear is possible.  We can discuss links as the trainer gets stronger.
And what mechanics are in place in terms of what a pokemon can know? TMs/HMs, tutors allowed, and how many moves each?
For the most part, I treat it like the anime in the sense that Pokemon will NOT know every move off the bat.  Stronger moves require stronger Pokemon.  For example, I plan for my character's Noibat to know Draco Meteor.  However, because Noibat is scared of most things AND it doesn't have a very strong bond with its trainer yet, the move almost always fails before it begins.  It won't likely master that move until it evolves.  In the case of Golett, it knows Fire Punch, a move normally a tutor move.  It is feasible that it could learn it naturally or through practice.  Meanwhile, Amaura doesn't know Ice Beam because it isn't strong enough to focus pure, cold energy into a beam.

So, my policy on moves a Pokemon will know is this philosophy:  Be reasonable and don't go overboard!  If you aren't sure, ask.  Some moves are natural for a Pokemon to know.  Others require lots of focus, lots of power, some outside help, strong bonds, or overcoming fear.

So, TMs/HMs DO NOT exist.   If a Pokemon is large enough to fly and carry a trainer on its back (Scyther, Heracross, Pidgeot), then it can.  However, a Pokemon like Spearow or Pidgey or Doduo cannot carry a trainer on their back or cannot fly period (Doduo).  The same can be said of Pokemon that can swim and are strong enough to let a trainer ride on them or allow a trainer to cling to them.  That means that a Pokemon like Aggron, while it can learn Surf in the games, is not a Pokemon that would go swimming, so no Aggrons in the water!

Some moves require tutors.  This means there is a trainer and a Pokemon that can, for money and time (or just the goodness of their hearts), can help teach another Pokemon a move.  For example, a trainer and a Hitmonchan that knows Ice Punch could help another trainer's Snorlax learn that move.  If you are unsure, please ask and I'll let you know if it is possible for a Pokemon to learn the move.

Finally, I want creativity!  Just writing that a Pokemon used some move is boring!  For example, let's say that a Nidoking used Sludge Bomb on a Pokemon and covered it with sludge!  It could then use Ice Beam to freeze that Sludge solid and make things more difficult!  Use the terrain to your advantage!  Use moves outside of battle to make things easier!  For example:  Let's say that the group comes across a deep gorge and no one has a Flying type capable of carrying people over.  One trainer loves Bug Pokemon a lot.  So, a plan is formed for the Bug Trainer to send out his Spinarak, Weedle, and Sewadde to begin spinning threads.  My character has a Noibat and would take the thickly coiled strand of web and fly it to the other side and stick it somewhere.  From there, the three bug types can spin up a makeshift rope bridge in a matter of hours, saving the group from a dangerous climb down and then back up the other side OR the multi-day journey around the gorge!

So, does that answer your questions?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace