Hogwarts; A Future House: Year Two, Now Recruiting! Last Chance!

Started by Aiden, March 03, 2014, 12:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiden

New Players drop in and say hi, ask questions and make IC future connections with our current players!

New Player Orientation (Click the link!)

A Brief History

Another year at Hogwarts comes to an end, a rushed one at that. Some of the students will share a story, a weird one, of them being rushed out of castle on the last day of school! Why? What is going on within those walls? Has the temporary Headmaster lost his mind at last? Have the pressures of impending fatherhood, dragon handling and dealing with hormone driven teenagers finally caused him to snap?

Or does it have anything to do with the severe storms assaulting the world. The desolation of the east coast was just a natural disaster, wasn't it? What about the footage of the the American and British Minister of Magic fighting off a swarm of dementors in central park?  Something is afoot but what? Are the students of Hogwarts and the various other wizarding schools safe? 

In the past years, deatheater activity is down, but a new movement is surfacing. A movement that is not based on some false notion of blood superiority. This is a movement that seeks to delve into all what has been deemed "forbidden" by the bureaucratic fools back in the Ministries of the world. Publications are circling, have some of these "free thinkers" reached our influenced the students of Hogwarts? What is their intention? To enlighten? To overtake? To Destroy?

What about the Triwizard tournament? It is scheduled for the upcoming year, but should it be? The World cup is also on the horizon. Didn't the death eaters chose this event to reveal themselves to this world? History is prone to repeat itself? Is it not? Above all, should the life and education of the next generation end, because some in the world see these "freethinkers" as threats? What do you believe? Who is right and who is wrong? One thing is certain, a storm approaches. What it leaves in its wake remains unknown.

• This is not our universe it is that created by JK Rowling and globally recognised as Potter Verse. We have altered it slightly for the benefit of our game but otherwise we will try to keep as much to canon as we possibly can.
  • This Game is not a sex focused game but it is not prohibited. Sex scenes are kept in a separate thread, within the forum. Student-teacher (sexual) relationships are not permitted.
  • A tagging system is used when posting.
  • Our full list of game rules can be found --> HERE
  • We adhere to most, if not all, physical and legal laws of the Harry Potter universe. This means that electronic devices do not function in Hogwarts or in the JWA and that underage witches/wizards may not use magic outside of Hogwarts or the JWA. (underage in the HP universe is below 17)
  • Your character's knowledge of Magic and the Magical world should remain connected to their age and skill level, along with their history.
  • All characters must come from England, Scotland, Wales or Ireland. There is a magic school in America (Salem), one in Eastern Europe (Durmstrang), one in Western Europe Mainland (Beauxbatons). Other (non established canon) schools in Russia, Australia, Asia and South America exist too. We will take the odd transfer student but a thorough biography must be done to establish a reason for the transfer to Hogwarts. Pre-approval required from GMs.
  • Special Items: All special items (Invisibility cloaks, pensive, deluminators etc )are obviously not common and therefore the owning of such items must be approved by a GM.
  • There are no Vampires, Trolls, or other dangerous magical creatures (unless RP'ed by the GM’s) at this school or on the Grounds. Please don't RP as if there were. If there is a demanding reason for a dangerous creature, please personal message a GM with the story concept and we will do our best to accommodate you.
  • If your character is a pure-blood both of their parents are magical, and all of their grandparents and so on. It means a 'muggle' was never married and that all ancestors have been magical. That being said, it is very obvious that this must be quite impossible. J.K Rowling has stated that 'true' pure-bloods do not exist in the magical world, and that any family that claims to be entirely 'pure' has simply erased muggles and squibs from their family trees. With this knowledge in mind we have set our definition of a 'Pureblood' to be that all great-grandparents and any direct descendants them were all magical. This, of course, also means that your character can have two magical parents and still not be a 'pure-blood'.  If you wish your character to be a pureblood, please pm the GM's.
  • The following are the only special races in this game, that wizard folk can be. A good character concept is required and must be submitted to the GM for approval. Part Giants, Veelas and Goblins will not have the full blood counterpart skills/abilities.
    Part-giants (Hagrid)
    Part-Veelas (Fleur Delacour)
    Part-goblin (Professor Flitwick)
    Werewolves (Remus Lupin) <---No werewolves this year, sorry.
    With regards veela's it means  - they are inherently beautiful but cannot enthrall anyone, turn heads because of how beautiful they are yes but that is about it.
    with regards goblins it means -  they are not quite as short as their full counterparts and do not have the long spindly fingers. They are clever but do not hold any knowledge of full goblin magic. spells and potions can essentially affect them as the goblin blood is very diluted.
    with regards giants it means -  they are not quite as tall as their full or half counterparts, nor do they have the massive girth. Spells and potions can essentially affect them because  their giant blood has been diluted by human blood.
  • We use celebrities like models, singers, actors to represent our character visuals, we have a list of those already in use HERE -  when sending your CS to the GM's please use the following code to reserve a visual. Please use capitals where they are stressed. Thank you.

Post your face claims here. Make sure the face you are trying to claim is available.

• The following is a basic character sheet. Once you have pm'd your sheet to BOTH GM's, we will go through it and give any assistance we feel is necessary, whether it is expanding a bit more on your characters family or their personality or their history in general. This assistance is never to be seen as criticism but rather constructive advice on how to flesh your character out a little more.
Once Approved, character sheets will go here. PLEASE do not post sheets before they are approved. Send them to Aiden via PM first, please.

The Character Sheet

[b]Character's Name: [/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b] (If any)
[b]Character's Birthdate: [/b]
[b]Hometown: [/b]
[b]Blood Status: [/b]
[b]Wand:[/b] (First years leave blank)
[b]Hogwarts House and year:[/b] (If Starting as a first year(Your house), leave blank)
[b]Patronus:[/b] (only students at University level should insert this [i]if[/i] trained - give detail in history / personality of how you learned this - GM approval needed)
[b]Apparition License:[/b] (exam must be done at 17 years to receive)

[center][i][b]Appearance[/b][/i][/center]
[b]Hair: [/b]
[b]Eyes: [/b]
[b]Weight: [/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Physical Description: [/b](Add something along with a picture)
[b]Other Distinguishing Features: [/b]

[center][i][b]A Little Deeper[/b][/i][/center]

[b]Personality:[/b] List at least five words that would best describe your character.

[b]History: [/b](How did your character grow up? Where? How did they enjoy their childhood?Anything interesting happen to them? How did they first learn about magic?)

[b]Family:[/b] (Include any relatives your character has [parents, siblings etc.] and some history on them [A mini bio, if you will {Age, occupation, blood status, a little history}-- this is important for those wishing to be of pureblood line])

[b]Likes:[/b] (Non Sexual)
[b]Dislikes:[/b] (Non Sexual)
[b]Fears:[/b] No one is fearless, at least 2 things
[b]Worst Memory(ies):[/b]
[b]Best Memory(ies):[/b]
[b]Favorite Animal(s)[/b]
[b]Favorite Color(s) [/b]

Making a Pureblood character requires a little more information than non purebloods/muggle born students. We have a few game canon families you can connect into (depending on country of orgin). Most of our players are open to connecting into their family, just PM me and I can get you in touch with them to plot out a connection.
This is our pureblood IC canon listing. ---->Here

Aiden

Also, I understand it is a lot of information to read. But this game is HUGE and had been running strong for the past two years. We have covered an entire year IC.

The game is sandbox for the most part with a plot in the background, players can choose to be part of it or just live in this world an react to the happenings around them.

FAQ

1. Can I chose my house?
Yes, our new players are free to pick their house. For those coming in as a new year, you will still go through the sorting process. I personally recommend coming in as a first year and enjoy the experience. Visiting Ollivanders, The Train ride, The Sorting.

2. Can I have more than one character or have a sibling at Hogwarts?
Not at this time, new players are only allowed one character to begin. But later, the staff permits more characters of different years, even faculty or adults that work in the Ministry/hogsmeade/diagon alley.

YOU MAY, have siblings at Hogwarts, older students or same year, but they will be considered NPC's until you are allowed more characters.

3. How do I get a wand?
We are allowing players to make their own wands instead of using some premade quiz with limited results.
Click on this link to read about the cores and woods.
Ollivander's Wand Shop

Select a wood and core, decide on a length (6-15 inches) and any features (Springy, curved, bent, etc etc) to the wand. Pictures are welcome.

You may also create a backstory if you wish. The numerous generations of Ollivanders have a story for each wand, you can be as creative as you wish with it. PM the information to me (Aiden) and when you visit Olivanders it will be "sold" to you with any back story you might have created.

Flower

Looking forward to see all the new characters and writers!

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

CurvyKitten

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest to join this RP, try work a charsheet and concept :).

Aiden

Forgot to Add a character sheet, whoops!

Also adding a mini faq.

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Aiden

Kokaine

Hehe. Him ish so cute! *snuggles the koala*

Guess now I gotta choose which character I want to start with... x.x
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

AribethAmkiir

So, do we do a face claim and then submit a character sheet? 

Aiden

Yes, We are working on updating the current face claims, the current one is a little unorganized.

But yes, make a face claim and send me a sheet via PM.

Flower

Quote from: Kokaine on March 03, 2014, 04:14:43 PM
Hehe. Him ish so cute! *snuggles the koala*

Guess now I gotta choose which character I want to start with... x.x

Welcome back,  Miss Koko! ♡

-waves to all those submitting characters-

Caela

Cant wait to make a character for this! :D It will be a couple days most likely before I have a completed CS as I work tomorrow and Wednesday...and I have to go digging through my pictures and see if I have any that I can use as a faceclaim or if I have to go searching lol. You guys have a lot of folks already claimed, going to have to get creative! :D

Kokaine

Quote from: Dancing flower on March 03, 2014, 05:13:20 PM
Welcome back,  Miss Koko! ♡

-waves to all those submitting characters-

Thank you luv <3

Because I cannot decide who to start with from the old batch (Ollie, Skylar, Nerissa, or JJ), I am tentatively thinking I shall start clean with a newbie and reintegrate the old characters when I am allowed to later on down the line... *huffs and sits on hands to think*

My O/Os

Flower

AmberStarfire

I've been discussing the idea for a potential character with Aiden, so this is a statement of maybe count me in. :)

apygoos

Amelita

Quote from: Kokaine on March 03, 2014, 05:38:47 PM
Thank you luv <3

Because I cannot decide who to start with from the old batch (Ollie, Skylar, Nerissa, or JJ), I am tentatively thinking I shall start clean with a newbie and reintegrate the old characters when I am allowed to later on down the line... *huffs and sits on hands to think*

I'll mark their faces as reserved for you then, in the new face claim <3

Hi people looking at this awesome thread for an awesome game! ^^

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

Caela

So much for waiting til I was out of work in a couple days! lol Was too excited and had to write up the girl in my head and send her off!

Keldia

Ons/Offs (Coming Soon!) | Storytelling Annex | Absences & Apologies | Post Tracker
Current Response Rate: Playing Catch Up! [~7 Days]

Caela

Amelita

~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~

Caela

Amelita