Uploading/Linking Images

Started by Haruki, January 13, 2016, 03:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haruki

I've been going back through my characters on here and I'm trying to cut back on the amount of accounts for services I am with online.  All the images I use to represent my own character creations, I downloaded from random places online, and used to upload to Photobucket (which the image links still point to).

I want to completely cut myself loose from them as I no longer upload there.

For writing/RP here, am I correct in that I should consider making an account under my E! name to the Wiki and uploading there?  It's no trouble if so, I just want to be double-sure.  I figure this keeps things tidy for the site, and keeps out spam bots and the like from outside 3rd party sites.  It's why I've not changed the links over to my Google + account at all, and I can't even find my image folders on there as it is.  To upload them here would just make my E! life easier.  Would allow me to also carry my profiles onto the Wiki and dress them up more nice.

Or maybe I'm wrong, what's the Wiki's purpose?
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

Oniya

Yes, the Wiki can be used to host character images/profiles.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

AmberStarfire

You can upload pictures on the Wiki page without creating actual pages.

Just go to Wiki - Upload File (it's under Tools) - Put in a file name, put in a description, make sure the name isn't taken (if you need to change it, you can do that in the destination filename field) and upload it.

I don't know how to do the wiki pages but uploading files isn't difficult. Once it's uploaded, you just copy the image location into whatever post you need. If you need it later you can search it out.

Oreo

You can also easily find your pictures by clicking the 'contributions link' in the wiki. It brings up the list of all the pictures you have uploaded.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Haruki

Thanks much everyone.  That will make searching for / finding images and linking to them on the forums or on entries I create (which is something I eventually would like to do) far easier than having to put them to some offsite imagehost (Especially Google) that may be attempting to 'crawl' E!
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)