Soul Society - Recruiting, need Lieutenants & Officers!

Started by Primarch, December 03, 2012, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

I was wondering if I could reserve the position of the 11th squad's Lieutenant if possible. I could make profile as soon as possible.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Primarch

Quote from: Kendre on December 13, 2012, 05:03:47 PM
I would like to reserve the Captain position for Squad 11, if that's okay?

Quote from: Scarification on December 14, 2012, 10:57:28 PM
I was wondering if I could reserve the position of the 11th squad's Lieutenant if possible. I could make profile as soon as possible.

Sure things folks, I'll give you a heads up though. The games not received any posts in a few days, I was about to call it quits. But if you want to try give it a fresh go and hope a second wind jumps on in then by all means.

Silk

BruceTheCat

I was under he impression you had a story or something prepared for the RP Prim arch to get us going, so I was waiting on that.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

azzmeister89

i can't really post until someone interacts with me either

Primarch

Quote from: Red Lobster on December 15, 2012, 09:25:19 AM
I was under he impression you had a story or something prepared for the RP Prim arch to get us going, so I was waiting on that.

I do not actually. This game is entirely intended to be self-initiated. At this point players can take up Shinigami, Rogue Shinigami & Arrancar. It is functionally a sandbox.

Primarch

On a different note, if things are getting held up it might be time to move onto a new day. Yay or Nay?

Silk

I just want you to post since I'm currently stuck in transit behind you as we go back to the first barracks.

Kendre

Player: Kendre Verath
Name: Hiroma Namaguchi
Division: 11
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths:
1.) Adaptive fighting style
2.) Mastery of Dual-sword combat
3.) More powerful than usual Bankai
4.) Mastery of Shunpo, although not the fastest among the Gotei 13.

Weaknesses:
1.) The powers of Hyō are completely inaccessible while Hiroma stands in temperatures above 85 degrees Fahrenheit. This includes lowering the temperature.
2.) Hiroma is incapable of using any form of fire-based Hadou or Kidou.

Zanpakutō:
Name: Kōtta Mizu no Kami (Frozen Water Gods)
Taking the shape of a double-edged European longsword, Mizu no Kami is a well-balance and extremely light sword, while remaining as durable as any other Zanpakutou. While in any state, Hiroma can chill liquids without freezing them, or lower the temperature in a room. Similar chilling effects are possible.
Shikai Subete no sono inochi o tōketsu, Kōtta Mizu no Kami (Freeze all that lives, Frozen Water Gods)
When released, Kōtta Mizu no Kami splits into a Katana and a Wakizashi. The Katana (Ame, or Rain) is of a cyan color, and has the ability to control water. This includes the water within a person's body, within other liquids such as blood, and more. Basically, any liquid. The Wakizashi (Hyō, or Hail) is solid white, and has the ability to freeze any state of water, including liquid or water vapor. It also has the ability to shape ice into any form he chooses, as well as manipulate it. This includes the creation and propelling of projectiles, the creation and levitation of ice shields, the placing of icewalls, etc. When he releases his hold on the water with his ability, it reverts to it's original form, be it vapor or liquid. However, it does NOT return to it's original location, if it was moved. Both of these abilities have a 500 foot radius, but virtually no limit to the amount of liquid that can be manipulated within that range.
Bankai Kōtte iru Mizu no Kamigami no Ikari no Jisshi (Embodiment of the Frozen Water Gods' Fury)
In Bankai form, Kōtte iru Mizu no Kamigami no Ikari no Jisshi, Ame extends it's blade by nearly a foot while remaining the same weight and balance. Hyō becomes a full-sized Katana and matches the new length of Ame. In this state, Hiroma retains the exact same abilities as Shikai, but the range extends to 10 miles. He can only sustain this form for no longer than 30 minutes. If he pushes himself to this 30 minute mark, it will leave him incapacitated for 2-4 days, depending on his wounds.

History:
Hiroma has, as with almost all citizens of the Soul Society, absolutely no memory of his past life. When he first arrived in Soul Society, he awoke and found himself in the Rukongai district with nowhere to go. Having been an adult when he died, he still had an adult body, but no clothes. As such, he found himself a pair of trousers and a shirt, and set to work learning about his surroundings. He found that he was uncomfortable in warmer temperatures, and so stayed out of kitchen work and the like. Eventually, he found work as an ice sculptor for an artist in the Rukongai district, and found he had a great affinity for the art. Eventually becoming well-known, he found work for a party for the recent Captaincy of the Eleventh Squad of the Gotei 13. After the party, the Captain approached Hiroma and said he could detect a strong spiritual pressure from Hiroma, and invited him to enlist as a Shinigami. Hiroma complied, as he felt his hands were better suited to protecting than sculpting. Within a year, he had graduated from the Academy at the head of his class for combat, though his grades in history and the like were negligible. Almost immediately, the Captain of Squad 11 snatched Hiroma into his Squad, and began training him. Ascending through the ranks via duels and acts of valor upon the battlefield, Hiroma slowly rose to Vice-Captain over a period of several decades. When the Captain died in battle against a Minos Grande, it was unanimously decided that Hiroma was the best candidate for the Captaincy due to him being the only Shinigami in Squad 11 with a Bankai, and he graciously accepted the position. That was only 3 months ago.

LeSane

Player:
   Scarification
Name:
青峰 大輝, Aomine Sedai
Division:
   11th Division
  Lieutenant Captain
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Strengths:
   Expert Swordsmanship:
Despite being ranked as 2nd seat officer in his division, his rank does not reflect his fighting abilities, which are of near captain level. According to other Divisions the 2nd strongest man in the 11th Division. He uses two fighting styles that is noted to be rough but powerful alongside the use of complex movements. though he is ambidextrous and can easily switch between the two techniques. He commonly fights with his sword held in a normal grip while his other hand is gripping his sheath this showing his mastery of the two variations of sword fighting. He uses misdirection in his attacks and even though doing so allows for holes in his defense he is more than capable of making up for it with surprise attacks.
    Kendō: Has also displayed considerable knowledge and skill in Kendō. He was required to learn Kendō before officially joining the Gotei 13. However Aomine detests using skills and techniques learned from another source, and therefore uses Kendō only as a last resort. So he will only fight as if he had before becoming a shinigami. Using one hand to swing his long weapon as if it is apart of his own body.

Hakuda Mastery
Before he became a Shinigami, Aomine was always roaming around looking for fights. Most opponents did not have swords, so he frequently fought barehanded. He won against everyone he fought and upon seeing his strength, most people fled from him. After joining the Gotei 13 he requested access to the Maggot's nest to train on his hand to hand combat since no weapons are allowed there. He spent an entire week inside its confines before take a wound that had any medical usage a feat most 2nd seats cannot do.

Natural Talent in Hohō
Being considered very close to Expert in the manner of Hohō. He is fast and are capable of maintaining high speed movements for extended periods of time. While not as fast as a master Aomine can keep up quite effectively. Some holding the title are faster than others but none the less his application of the technique is highly advanced.

Highly Perceptive Combatant
Despite his seeming disregard for any strategy in his fights and his self-admitted aversion to thinking during battle, he is a very insightful, regularly showing more understanding than one would expect coming from 11th company. He is also adept at adjusting to his opponent's attack patterns and battle methods to better counter them. While he admits to having no common sense or being simple minded at best. Aomine's actually very perceptive, noticing traits in people that others wouldn't notice, and seeing what drives a person's actions.

Weaknesses:
   Feared by peers due to background
He is feared by most of his squad mates due to killing the last lieutenant captain in a fight and becoming the new one by the third qualification trial. Most tend not to want to speak to him because his morality is rather low since coming from the district #77 of the North Alley of Rukongai. Due to this he is labeled a vagabond by more high status individuals. Those that do tend to break eye contact with him or drift away soon after. This has made him a solo or loner. He does not know if his Captain feels the same way of him.

Stereotyped by Company
Being from the 11th company he has the reputation or claimed rep of wanting to always fight or kill people which is not true. Aomine may not be the greatest mind, but he has a above average intellect for someone of a slum upbringing. Though it is ignored by many. He tends to remain silent, and keep his ideas to himself unless asked.

Lack of spiritual pressure sensibility
It is the one area he is not good at. Since most Shinigami can sense spiritual pressure fine from vast distances. He however cannot only able to sense those that have very strong energy. If not he will not pick it up. Those that fight him who can hide spiritual pressure can stealth fully evade him with ease.

Proclaimed Illness
Due to his awkward relationship with his Zanpakutō. After releasing his shikai in battle he is rendered paralyzed from the waist down for a couple of hours from the extensive amount stress he puts on his body. This makes him open to sicknesses that most would not catch often or at all. Even if there is no symptoms visible he will be sick in some form or fashion. This is another reason for his partial shikai.

Novice of Kido
Kido is one of the few sections he is not very suited for since most of the time swinging a sword can get the job done. He can do basic spells in Kido, but noting fancy. Aomine has this idea in his head that strength comes from hard work not some chanting, and some light show. This has made him very universalite in anything be it healing, communication, high level attacks, or barriers. These all seem to turn him away from those that use it extensively.

Zanpakutō:
Name: 女郎蜘蛛, Jōrōgumo (Noblewoman Spider)
  Nickname バンディットスパイダー (Bandit Spider)
Is an Ōdachi meaning it is a very long sword compared to most Zanpakutō. The blade itself is three shaku (a little under a meter).  Regardless of size, most ōdachi have religious inscriptions on the tang. However, as with most terms in Japanese sword arts. This one has inscription has been faded out due to overuse from battle. The blade is chipped along the bottom, yet the rest is very sharp since sharpened daily. Jōrōgumo's hilt is dark violet, and black with gold trimming. at the bottom is a chain with three small dice attached.
Shikai  織り、彼らの運命, 女郎蜘蛛 (Weave their Fate, Noble Spider)
This is Aomine's real Shikai when seriously fighting. His sword turns a set of finger-less gloves with very long monomolecular razor wires that most untrained eyes cannot see, which he controls as if they where extensions of his own body. The wires are sharp enough to slice through rock and without minor issues trouble though, he can use them to bind and restrain targets without damaging them. He demonstrated previously unseen abilities with his wires, including stopping a high fall, forming mesh shields to attacks, and binding targets and controlling them as puppets if he can. The battlefield itself can be set up as if his personal spider web trapping someone of something inside. Aomine hates to use this since he sees it as a cheap move when really wanting a fight to go on and has resorted to calling his sword by another name that it detests.
   Partial Shikai あなたのネットの中でそれらをトラップ, バンディットスパイダー  ( Trap them.... Bandit Spider)
His Zanpakutō dislikes this name and due to that only partially awakens. In this state its blade changes into a black tint with the inside of it seeming to look as if it is fragile like mosaic glass. When the owner of the sword fights it will slowly start to break apart until the scabbard and hilt remain. When it has be brought to such a state Aomine must simply call out its nickname and the shards will converge upon the one that broke it. The Lieutenant prefers this version of his shikai since it keeps him on his toes more then the real one.
Bankai
   None.
History:
Sedai was not killed or did something to be brought to the Soul Society. He like some children are born into it. He does not know his birth parents since like most who abandon their children since needing to eat, able to afford them as they should, or killed afterwards if being unlucky enough to live in the higher numbers. His mother had the latter of the three being dropped in the lowest of the low #80. The first thing he can remember as an infant was screaming and the color red so much of it that it still haunts him at night. Being so little he could of been stepped on and no one could of cared. Luckily for him he had been taken by a group of 'women' that lived some distance away and raised him the best they could. They gave him the name Aomine due to the grumpy look he had as a baby.

As he grew older he saw things most #1- 30 districts would not see often. Death, violence, and whatever else a Young child should not see. This melded him early to accept the ways of the world. Around the age of seven he was able to show signs of spiritual pressure, as well as pick up a small sword to defend himself from the grown ups that sought him harm. Doing what any boy would do. Joining a group of boys that fought to survive. They stole to eat. Live. Belong in a world that did not want them. Months turned into years as this continued watching good friends die, and buried in shallow graves. Aomine hated how he was living. Tired of trying to survive and the people around him so he decided to become a Shinigami even if it was a low ranking position as long as he did not have to scratch a way in this hell he was currently living.

It was hard to get into the academy with his lack of knowledge, but pushed his way through when it came to combat on both hand to hand, and swordplay. something most of his fellow students did not accomplish. Things like Kido be it simple moves were easy enough, yet not something he would relay on in a fight. Within a year and a half he got accepted into to become a member of the 11th company as a grunt. The former Captain had seen his skills as a warrior and personally asked the Captain commander if he could become his Lieutenant. He was honored that he was being promoted. It was as if he could let go of his past for the first time. When the captain had died out on a mission facing a Menos Aomine was appointed Substitute Captain until one was found to take the reigns of 11th company. Once the new captain Namaguchi was accepted into the Goti 13 as the new leader his position as Sub Captain was terminated. It as been three months since then.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Kendre

I really like your character design, Scarification! I can see a lot of interesting RP going on between Hiroma and Aomine. Looking forward to it!

Primarch

Apologies for the delay, been a bit distracted with RL.
@Kendre, the character is completely imbalanced. His strengths read "mastery, mastery, mastery" while his 'weaknesses' are....he doesn't take orders and despite being super-mega deadly, he's merciful. In his history he goes from completely untrained to Vice-Captain in 3 years.

@Scarification, Aomine has similar problems, in his strengths he was basically tougher then most lieutenants when he fought in the nest of maggots which appears to be quite soon after joining. So he's clearly super tough, and his weaknesses include being so BA basically everyone is scared of it. Also, in his history he becomes lieutenant by killing the previous one, but I believe that means of gaining rank only applies to Captaincy. I believe it also needs to be in front of 200 members of the division.

To repeat somethings I said earlier in this thread since it, unfortunately need to be said again.
QuoteI'd like it on note in general for anyone still working on an app. Not everyone can be the exception. Please no more apps with big strengths, small weaknesses and the most important part I want to get across, a history that reads "born brilliant, graduated the academy with flying colours and soared up the ranks to Captaincy." Since you don't have to work IC towards being a Captain, at least make the rise to the top reasonable. Decades aren't exactly a bit deal to Shinigami.

QuoteSince I only asked for 2 weaknesses I really expect them to be semi-decent, certainly not a positive personality trait phrased into a weakness. Considering his strengths & rank I'd be reluctant on his history.

Kendre

You make a good point. I'll edit the post, and PM you when I'm done, if that's okay.

LeSane