A World for Lost Gods (Game Over)

Started by RedPhoenix, September 26, 2016, 06:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedPhoenix

Yup! When Iva is a god she will be able to take full actions and directly influence things, but until then it is just helping or hindering the others! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Ironwolf85

***EDITED... brought her element into it***

By this time her "grand engineer" puppet had passed on, and with him technology took a few steps backwards. Of course she'd taken proper steps to preserve her un-corrupted essence when the meat-shell had breathed his last. It was a nice funeral pyre. Made her feel warm inside.
The redirected water from the invention of pumps in the badlands, had sent it, of all places, to the dessert of glass. Flooding long empty aquifers. Aid the divine creation of geysers by Undar. This amused her. What a fun first experiment.

While her devices from beyond had none of the divine and instant potency of the creatures that now played with this plane, the Aether-dwelling genius was not without recourse. She did like the deep folk with their picks and shovels. Their struggles however were their own.
But she would delight in seeing how the Under-Men would deal with Blood Fae. yet their enemies had visions, and a god sending them. That was hardly a fair fight.

She was far from some mystic spirit of light and healing... Her machinery clattering and clanking as she distilled a potion of refined Aether.

"Just a drop of Logos..." She tipped her hand as the droplets fell into the deep places. "to make it a fair fight..." The shadows under the badlands grew long, dark, cold and logical. Grim resolve touched the Under-men. The Wine Drunk Slave Kings would find none of the succulent warmth they had grown accustomed to. Sand, Stone, a stern and unyielding sun above. Below a cold and merciless cavern complex full of deadly life.
Adding to it all, an unseasonably strong lightning storm began to roil through the region, the only water on the surface, came with ample amounts of lightning on an empty open plain.

The Under-Men were free folk used to scarcity, but these spoiled Kings with their courts of supplicant slaves...well... time would tell. Inscribing Chronicles of the Blood Crusade fervently in her great library, she watched with an amused smile.

effect

Iva's Actions: Rendering the badlands less hospitable to the Blood Fae on their crusade, both above and below.
Thus Giving a Minus to Marux's actions this turn. feel free to roll if necessary.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

RedPhoenix

No need to roll anything as a spirit, you automatically lower Blythe's roll by 1! :)

BAMF

Water is fickle. It can be a blessing and a curse. Water does not care about whether something is 'good' or 'bad.' Water simply is or is not. The vineyards near Elysium are to experience drought. A period of time without rain.

Dry!

Roll for me!
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

RedPhoenix

Roll Result: Undar rolled: 1d20
Comment: Rolling for BAMF
Result: 17,
Total: 17

RedPhoenix

Oversight

It was not his intention to be known. A good trick leaves no one the wiser, and yet these two new things seemed very wise indeed. They spoke in laughs like he did, and in doing so knew the world to be a game. Fine, thought the Laughing God. "Spread like laughter," Huehehahol replied with an uneasy snicker, as if it were a simple fact. "Breed, lead. Pursue and subdue. But do not chase me into dark places; you are the Bright People, now."

And so, Huehehahol bound north, away from worship. He stepped through the Badlands, darker, and far more grim than he remembered. The air of the place no longer agreed with him, so he continued into the Desert of Glass-- and came across a curious traveller. The shaman spoke to him about another God, a god of Changing Waters. Huehehahol learned that he was not alone. Worse, this world was no longer his-- or at least, his alone. He huffed, and guffawed. "Why are you so sure he is a God? Your tricks do not sound impressive."

"They are not tricks!" The traveller cried, taking affront to such notions.

"Prove it, then," the Trickster God answered with a wolfish grin, his eyes scanning for a target; not too far away he spotted an oasis of glass, clear and blue as the sky. He trotted over, and the traveller followed him warily. "If you can put your trick in the pool where I can see it, then I will be able to tell if it is indeed, a trick." Pride chased away caution, and the witch dutifully produced such a feat of magic that Huehehahol was first amazed, and then deeply envious. The wanderer gloated, and as they did so, the Dog God swatted the surface of the oasis with such force that it shattered violently, spreading across the sands to all other oases.

"What did you do?!" cried the wanderer. The Trickster God blinked.

"I don't know."

Woops!

Huehehahol attempts to break the Desert Magic. Instead, he might very well have spread it...
At 2016-10-04 22:09:27, Oversight (uid: 46651) rolls: 1d20 Result: 2

Mister Ugly

At first The Queen flew aimlessly amazed at the world she found. It made her smile with joy that there were birds all around. Far northern falcons, carrion eaters almost everywhere, gulls of the ocean, hooty owls of the night. All with wings and in flight. She loved them all but the Ravens were her chosen. Smart, clever, and infinitely curious and in love with things that sparkled and twinkled. So she followed them and found the first being of power. So much power he had and a great trickster yet he ran on four legs for the most part or so it seemed.

The queen circled her 'unkindness' of ravens and watched and listened. Oh such a sparkle did the two leg 'shaman' have... Magic glimmered in him and drew all eyes as he made more magic appear. The Dog God seemed upset and as the ravens flew closer to see the new magic better, the trickster god shattered it. The sparkling went everywhere and so the ravens dove and gathered it up in the claws or beaks and carried it away. To what ends even the queen did not know but the magic was so pretty they had to have it and share with others so more of the beautiful sparkles could been found!!

Adding to the WOOPS!!

-1 to the Trickster God's roll

This should be amusing based on what had been noted for a '1'

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

RedPhoenix

RedPhoenix

The First Age continued.

Undar brought a drought to the land surrounding Elysium. The vines there cracked and dried, the skies ceased to rain, and rivers and brooks slowly vanished. The desert surrounding the once verdant forest began to creep into the once thick groves, now dry trunks with leafless branches. The fae of Elysium were safe within their enclosure, protected and watched over by their goddess whose blessing still preserved their land and for now they were safe. But outside of the small sanctuary the land died. The fae that had not joined Elysium and the humans that still remained out there began to die as the water deserted them, and the once miraculous vines of destiny withered and perished.

Perhaps it was for this reason that so many were willing to join the call to war. The blood fae could not say what it was in the stars that caused them to march south and west into the broken and barren lands of rock and salt, but compelled they were.

It was a hard and bloody march. For forest dwellers armed with little more than malice, it was especially brutal. What few beasts they had tried to domesticate helped little, their weapons were not well developed, but the blood fae had power of their masses of human servants and they did not particularly care how many of them were left starving and thirsty and dying alongside the roads they beat.

When they did arrive in the badlands, their war drums beat and they fell onto the squat and naive peoples there with bloody abandon. The first few fights were overwhelming victories for the blood fae and their slaves for they were aggressors against a people that had never known war. In fact they were aggressors against a world that had never known war, and this was a tremendous advantage.

But the shock wore off, and the tunnels that the short and desperate Badlanders ran into were dark and twisted and deep. In the depths they started to form warrior bands of their own and resist the incursions of the blood fae into the ground. A stalemate developed, with the blood fae holding the surface, the badlanders holding the depths. Each side would raid the othe periodically, sometimes succeeding, sometimes failing, but never truly gaining ground. Massive population losses were seen by both peoples.

As the badlands ran red they were called and claimed the Bloodlands by their invaders.

In the far south, Troika and Trois eagerly accepted the freedom to act given to them by Huehehahol. Over time they gathered their family and friends and built a settlement they called The Kennel, in which they fought and killed the hellhounds, and then sought to trap and raise the young ones. Their goal was to domesticate the beasts and use them as a tool, rather than be afraid of them. As word of what they did spread, many humans huddling in fear in the surrounding areas came to join them and the Kennel grew into one of the world's first true population centers, aside from hidden Elysium. The holy beings with their third eye became almost regarded to the point of being thought of as demigods themselves, but they made sure all knew that Huehehahol was the one who had saved their people.

As for the trickster himself, they were once again involved in a significant change to the earth. As their paw swatted at the oasis it shattered not only the glass that ran through the ground, but it shattered much more.

"The magic! The magic!" The wanderer cried as it passed through the shattered glass. "Wait!" He said, using his simple cantrip to hold the glass in the air as the magic passed through it. Like a prism, the glass broke up the magic into its base components.

"I see!" The wanderer said, transfixed on the much more elementary magic that he observed this way. "I see!" He laughed with joy. "We have been attempting to shape magic like a child plays with clay, but we should weave it like cloth! There are many different strands! Oh, and there are rules as to how it may be worked. We must follow the rules strictly."

And the wanderer proceeded to do just that, shaping the glass, the desert and the oasis itself as he spoke, displaying more magical ability than any human had to that point. His people were alerted to what transpired and ran to see what had occurred. They called a name to the wanderer, but he held up a hand commanding silence.

"No, I am not that simple shaman anymore." He said with glee. "I am Ma'Niskus. Magus." He turned to face his tribe, a glittering city of glass and flowing water behind him. "If you obey the laws of magic, I will teach you!"

He called the city Optus. From there, the world's first Magus taught his people. Not many had the gift. And while Ma'Niskus was a teacher, he was a strict disciplinarian, teaching that magic must be taken seriously, and never used as a joke or a source of mischief. Optus began to grow as a city, and the teachings of the Optics, as the people began to call themselves, spread to the nomadic tribes in the desert, up into the edge of the new dry forests where Elysium remained hidden, and even starting to reach into the territory of the coiled groves. Civilization. Rules. Discipline. Magical understanding and teaching. All had begun by a trickster god attempting to break magic, and the interference of a spirit.

The world has grown up! It is starting to see settlement, war, and civilization!

Undar has successfully brought a drought to the where the vines once grew. They are slowly turning the forests to deserts. The fae of Elysium remain safe from this, for now, but the land outside of their hidden sanctuary is dry and brittle.

Marux has spurred an invasion of the Badlands, causing the blood fae and their human servants to march an awful death march through broken lands to attack the primitive dwellers of the badlands. The badlanders have retreated underground into tunnels, while the blood fae hold the barren surface. A stalemate is the current status, both sides devastated by losses.

The Optics, as the desert dwellers who have settled in the great oasis, now call themselves are learning magic from the world's first Magus - Ma'Niskus. He sternly leads and teaches his people, and their way is spreading throughout the desert.

The people of the southernmost lands have founded the Kennel under the guidance of Troika and Trois. They are working to turn the hellhounds into domesticated beasts, rather than predators of people.

The coiled groves remain pure and untouched, although they will have contact with the Optics in time if things persist.

Next round of turns please! I'd like to have the next post out by the end of the weekend, so please try to get your actions in in the next few days! :)

Blythe

The stalemate displeased Marux, but what could the God of Evil do? Truthfully, this was a bad situation, especially with the rise of Optus to the northwest. What were to become of his bloodfae?

He gave them the gift of sin-sharing. Whatever sins they most enjoyed, they could, via magic, induce others to want the same foul behaviors. If they could not win the war for the Bloodlands, he hoped that they could taint any who might encounter them...like a plague upon the soul.

Rolling!

Summary: At 2016-10-05 21:10:13, Blythe (uid: 42233) rolls: 1d20 Result: 18

Full Result: Blythe rolled: 1d20
Comment: Marux rollin
Result: 18,
Total: 18

Marux wants to give his people the ability to induce sinful impulses into others.

Also, loving the map, Red, and loving the update. <3

Sorry my post is so short. >_<

RedPhoenix

The post need only be as long as it needs to be to get what you are trying to do across, which yours is! :)

And thank you! I like seeing maps change over time. I'm hoping this one will keep changing as the story progresses! :D

Ironwolf85

I think Iva's been harassing Marux more than enough lately. ;)
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

RedPhoenix

Oversight

Rules! Rules! How they despised them. They hardly seemed fair, arbitrary and subjective as they felt. Huehehahol left in a huff, abandoning the great meniscus-- Manuscis? Far be it for the Trickster God to care.

Rules!

He wandered north, fuming as a petulant child might, into the Groves. He was promptly shot with several poisoned darts, seen as nothing but a beast on four legs.

Had they been a lesser thing, a spirit deprived of it's power, perhaps he would have been overcome. Instead, they grew furious. They turned upon his attackers, growing by the second. "What half-baked joke is this? A poor mockery of your God!" They boomed. Their attackers were not cowed, however. They continued to pepper the ever-expanding Trickster God with poison, until they turned drunk and slow.

"We recognize no God in the Groves!" they answered. So, in a show of force, Huehehahol smiled-- or more aptly, bared their teeth. Teeth that grew with them, lengthening until they were the size of mountains, until they jutted from the land, great and sharp and daunting-- as if to cut the Coiled Groves from the rest of the world.

The Teeth

Huehehahol makes a mountain range between the Coiled Groves and Desert of Glass-- and the expanding Optus.
At 2016-10-08 23:38:55, Oversight (uid: 46651) rolls: 1d20 Result: 10

Krys

Silence had befallen Elysium, for a long long time. So at least it looked for the outside. Unbeknownst to others, Tiāncái meanwhile had been busy. Living with her people, her mere presence had been a force of change. But not as chaotic as the vines had been, and much more powerfull.

Over the long times of the second stage, the fae changed even more. Some became smaller with every generation, others changed shape completely. But all of the grew more beautyfull, their lives seeming to expand into a eternal childhood... but thereby they becames also more playfully chaotic. Friendly mischief, and an inspired creativity that searched its equal was spreading through the populace. First, they like all children, had enjoyed to play with trinkets, delve into fantastic creations. But that phase has passed. Soon each fae developed a distinct personality, and field of interest.

It was in the third stage of this world, that Tiāncái really started to really focus her creation. Her fae had become the embodyment of her vision. Some of them, ethereal beautyful young maidens, whispering inspirations into the ears of the mortal artists. Some of them, the sparkly seeds of creativity. Other bringing dreams to the sleeping, or tranced. And a select few nurturing the genius in the minds of the mortals.

Tiāncái knew her time was coming. More and more of her power she spread between the fae. And while doing so, she made them more like herself, but herself also more like them.

When the age would end, what had been the fae would have become the legacy of Tiāncái ... the muses, and the dreamweavers. Furtherers of hope and extraordinarity, in all its ways. With Tiāncái herself just one of them for the next age. The faeries, as they collectively became known, had turned into demi-deific beings, that would spread out into the world, once the first age ended. A neutral force, furthering the change and growth of things. Inspiring the creation of beautyfull pieces of theologic reverence for the good, as much as the horrible "artistry" of mad necromantic "boneweavers". Bringing dreams and nightmares. The spark behind the mad genius as well as the wise sage.

But over all, they would carry the tiny light of hope. Hope for the megalomanic dungeonlord that he might succeed, as well as for the opressed that one day they would be free. By investing herself into the faeries, Tiāncái presented the second age a gift, the gift of change.
Disclaimer (WIP):
English isn't my native language. I'm deeply rooted in a culture with significantly different (much more direct) communcation strategies than typical for the extremely polite british or canadian cultures, or the "optimistic" approach often used in the USA. Additionally, I'm not neurotypical in several ways, warping my perception and communication to an even further degree.

But: my english is JUST good enough to lull many readers into a false sense of security. Think of it as the communicative equivalent to "false friends words" which, while extremely similar in outward appearance in two languages, mean something slightly but importantly different. Like "I want to become a steak" makes perfect sense to a german... that still would prefer not to be butchered.

So please, if you perceive my words as rude, my intentions as unemotional or just weird: ask me. I'm not always successful in my attempts to correctly guess the fluff and embellishments needed for successful communication. Not in my native german tongue, much less so in english. Please do not interpret them as bad intent, but feel free to ask for clarifications. I'll try my best to solve such misunderstandings, and learn to prevent them.

Ironwolf85

Iva scribes down everything as it occurred. The Blood March Chronicles kept her Servitors and Scriveners busy with the editing and compilation. Her mechanical eyes were not blind to the goings on within Elysium, nor to the rise of Optus. She could always come back to the Bloodlands later, lest she baby them.
She spent a few months among the rising empire, talking with it's great minds. Oh magic was the sport of children with great imagination and weak minds. But They were making inroads into science and rational thinking. Though she found Ma'Niskus a terribly stiff man, and not a great innovator once he'd written his laws. He'd invented them, they were therefore perfect... Or so he thought. She begged to differ of course. Her attending of his lectures made her remember her days studying with the engineering schools of Phobos. But without the wonderful parties. Or the great Collages of Axtos VI, but without the piety and ritual.
She'd engaged him in verbal debate and discourse. A three hour debate that had left him red faced and howling before deciding to deny her the gift of magic. She'd proclaimed she would learn it without him. Then stormed out in a huff.
They let her go of course what damage could a single "irate student" do... Even if she left the social scene aflame before she disappeared into the wastes... right?

She did so enjoy acting.

But as she steamed north there came a growing mountain range. Cutting off her travel overland.
"well now trickster... cutting off an entire section of the world because you had a bad day? I suppose taking responsibility for your actions is not in your nature. I see no reason for any of these people to suffer for your poor judgement."
She extended a hand, creating several drill machines which began to tear into his new mountains as they grew, creating tunnels, and bringing a bounty of useful metals to the surface for all to share. Hopefully in trade. Then exploded leaving little evidence of their existence.

effects
Giving those teeth some cavities. -1 to Huehehahol

Mister Ugly

The Queen had gained more to her form and no longer needed her ravens to move about. Still there was always a flock of them near by. In the Bloodlands she found the Bloodfae and how ruined all they touched. It could have been luck but more likely a timely word from one of her birds that kept her from being caught by the Bloodfae. The underground Two legs she spotted with her night birds as they rose from the ground to raid the Blood fae. Wait!! they did not come from the ground itself but openings that lead deeper and with that she sent the small sparrows and thrushes into the tunnels to learn what they could.

She would come back to Optus. Such a lovely place. High spirals of shimmering glass and then the college of magic. Here the ravens were also drawn, building nests of woven glass strands mimicking the magic being woven by the people there. Sometimes the mimicking made something more. The Ravens learned magic in their own way.

While there she found another like herself, Formed but limited in power. Sadly no magic shimmered in her, in fact it seemed that she could not understand magic at all being filled with wheels and levers and things of science. This one, the queen followed when she left. To the north where again she found the 4 legged trickster still all upset and squawking like a hungry fledgling. Great mountains sprung up from its power and she learned much about how one of power could affect the world.

The 'Unmagic' One tried to make holes in the mountains and bring forth metals yet the Queen did not like the underground places and so decided that she would bring to show the unmagic one a different way and tried to bring her to the fae in the hidden vale. Their goddess strove to keep them protected and above it all and yet her attempt was bad and maybe if both of the spirits worked together something different could come forth.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Here is hoping that Ironwolf would also -1 on krys roll to take it to a wild state!!

-1 to Tiāncáil [Krys] Not sure what can happen with a total fail yet if Ironwolf also does a -1 maybe we can help salvage something for the fae!!

MU
"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else."
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits"
Albert Einstein

What makes the ugly feel pretty ...

RedPhoenix

Oh okay I'll try to break that down. Krys has been having RL distractions so I let her sort of retcon one roll and she's given me future intentions just in case.

Quote from: Krys on October 09, 2016, 01:47:43 AM
Over the long times of the second stage, the fae changed even more. Some became smaller with every generation, others changed shape completely. But all of the grew more beautyfull, their lives seeming to expand into a eternal childhood... but thereby they becames also more playfully chaotic. Friendly mischief, and an inspired creativity that searched its equal was spreading through the populace. First, they like all children, had enjoyed to play with trinkets, delve into fantastic creations. But that phase has passed. Soon each fae developed a distinct personality, and field of interest.

This is the flavor for the event of last turn. I guess you can't influence this since it already happened! In any case..

Roll Result:Tiāncái rolled: 1d20
Comment: Rolling for Krys
Result: 15,
Total: 15

QuoteIt was in the third stage of this world, that Tiāncái really started to really focus her creation. Her fae had become the embodyment of her vision. Some of them, ethereal beautyful young maidens, whispering inspirations into the ears of the mortal artists. Some of them, the sparkly seeds of creativity. Other bringing dreams to the sleeping, or tranced. And a select few nurturing the genius in the minds of the mortals.

This is her action for the current age.

Roll Result: Tinci rolled: 1d20
Result: 3,
Total: 3

And unless she comes back and says otherwise the next paragraph will be what she does in the 4th turn.

RedPhoenix

The First Age continues.

Undar's curse continued to plague the once lush land of the vines, and cracked and dried soil and the dried out trunks of dead trees were all that remained throughout much of that area.

In Elysium, one of the few places spared the ravages of the drought, Tiāncái continued to teach and mold her children. A select few learned the art of dreamwalking from her. But the gift came with a great cost as well. The young maidens who took up the gift found themselves lost in the land of dreams, often slumbering for years at a time without waking up and then finding the living world bright and disorienting. Content in their goddess's reassurance that the dreamwalkers were doing good for the world, the other fae took to themselves to take care of them.

From time to time from then on, mortals told of strange dreams, being visited by benevolent and encouraging female fae who would provide a spark of creativity or peace that was lacking before.  Even the blood fae who were visited found themselves in a slightly less sadistic mood the next morning. Most of the world laughed it off as just another form that dreams take, not realizing that a chosen people had visited them in the night.

In the north, the most dramatic change to the surface of the land occurs, as the teeth of Huehehahol sprang into existence. While the people there did not realize it, the mountains also blocked the rains and held them in the northern lands, making the jungles there thicker, but the desert below even harsher. This further gave the Optics little incentive to cross the increasingly hostile terrain to enter a land of snakes and coils, and what had once been a steady buildup to contact between the two lands died off completely. The Optics turned their attention to the south and west to the more fertile shores of the great sea, while Ma'Niskus continued to train magic users and their civilization grew.

Finally, in the Bloodlands the dark fae almost as a whole were blessed. One night they looked into the sky and saw the moon shone red, as if drenched in blood. They raised their chalices, filled with transplanted vines from their old home, and drank deeply in celebration. The next morning they found their will even more powerful than before. With simple thought they could cause their servants to lust after each other, or desire an object more than any other, or wish to hurt and kill. Although amusing to use it on their Vinlander thralls, the more enterprising of the fae quickly realized this power could be used for more tactical purpose.

It did not take long for one brave young leader to corner a badlander and impress upon him desire. Desire for all that the fae had, their servants, their wine, their freedom. The badlander licked his lips and started to nod at the blood fae suggestions, the defiance that was bred into his people over the course of the conflict vanishing in a wave of lust of avarice. He returned to his people and betrayed them, leading the blood fae to their secret home. But when the dark force arrived, they found many willing to join with their cause.

And so the more intelligent and enterprising blood fae conquered the underlands. They quickly realized that this left their most dangerous competition as each other. The blood fae who had not ventured beneath and had no Badlander servants were the first to be dispatched by their own kind. After this lines formed where Courts of the blood fae splintered from each other, using their Vinlander and Badlander servants to guard against others, forming an intricate web of favors and betrayals that led to a very delicate balance of power in the land. Each separate court sought security and wealth beyond the others, and began to look to learn the ways of their new lands to do so.

Huehehahol has created a new mountain range. While they are more Appalachian than Himalayan in size and daunting nature, they are more than enough to seal off the northern jungles from the southern desert during this time period.

Tiāncái has created a sub-race of the fae that live in a wandering dream-like state. They very rarely wake and require constant attention from the other fae to survive.

Marux has blessed his favorites with the gift of Sincrafting. The blood fae have learned the art of creating desire in others from their own dark instincts. They have used it to all but wipe out the badlander resistance. The blood fae then fracture into smaller courts of their kind, decreasing in number but increasing in individual power and significance in the world.

Okay next round of turns please! :D This is the second to last turn of the First Age!

QuoteTiāncái knew her time was coming. More and more of her power she spread between the fae. And while doing so, she made them more like herself, but herself also more like them.

Roll Result: Tinci rolled: 1d20
Result: 4,
Total: 4

This will be Tiāncái's action unless Krys says otherwise.

Blythe

While Marux was pleased with the direction the bloodfae were taking, he was not pleased with their shapes. Too much like their history and old selves--they needed a new look.

New bodies.

New identities.

In fact, Marux decided that if they were to be a war-like race full of sin...why not mold them into the perfect warrior's shape?

Orcs.

Marux's action

Transforming the bloodfae into orcs.

Summary: At 2016-10-10 18:33:05, Blythe (uid: 42233) rolls: 1d20 Result: 6

Full Result: Blythe rolled: 1d20
Comment: Marux rollin
Result: 6,
Total: 6

Oversight

The jungle grew, and with it-- it's fauna. Huehehahol finds a new form, better suited to slipping through the dense vegetation and shed his legs and his hair. He took the shape of a great water snake, black as the riverbed, and collected a host of snakes with him. There, in the densest regions, Huehehahol found a magic older than that even of Optus.

And so, the Creeping God sought to gift them with the greatest trick of all:

Thought.

The Ophidians
At 2016-10-10 19:26:54, Oversight (uid: 46651) rolls: 1d20 Result: 19
Huehehahol gives snakes sentience, names his horde the Ophidians!

Ritsu

Ironwolf85

Satisfied with the mountains and their shape, geographically useful and plethora of minerals. it was time to check and see how her pet project was continuing in the badlands...
She circled around the city of Optus, her machine leaving a white-purple plume of smoke. Scrying as the vehicle passed un-noticed through burned villages, the Optus and blood-fae naturally incompatible skirmishing between some courts and the residents of the outlying areas.
She seemingly stepped out of nowhere, appearing with cures for the sick and injured. Natural herbs, oil that sped recovery from years to days. On occasion she would take the more injured into her personal care. A savior in white.
But others... those who insulted her, irritate her, or attack her. Dissapear.
As blood worked it's way through analyzers in her lab back home, she read the datapoints and plotted out the occurrences. All Recorded in The Great Chronicle. "They're changing, a forced evolution?"

She swept into the Court of Galflayer. The most aggressive of these raiding courts. Bearing needles and blades. The Guards fought, they all fought, at the beginning. But between her personal shields and training their primitive weapons and ill-trained slaves were nothing.
The Galflayer patriarch spoke of his own power, of his glory, of the dreams of darkness and pleasure of sin spoke of corruption and dark glory... With cold precision she slashed his vocal chords leaving the mighty raider-king gasping his throat.

"Sorry but your entire species are brings out the worst nature in others... the darkness has been spoiling you with so many gifts. It breeds weakness, it brings out ideas of "Pure Blood" "Birthright" or "Right to Rule" based on some half-baked notion of superiority over the victim." She spoke clinically, dispassionately as she worked with blade and needle, and when the great howls of the Galflayer court finally stopped the other courts seizing what little remained and feasting upon the once proud house. As they believed was their birthright
Liberally distributed "Pure" blood fae would be absorbed into the other clans and courts as servants and breeding stock. Their own culture spreading the tampering like poison.

genetic tampering
-1 to Marux

RedPhoenix