Looking to play the Palladium Fantasy RPG, Any Interest GM and Players?

Started by RubySlippers, January 31, 2015, 01:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

I would like to play the Palladium Fantasy RPG if anyone is interest in being the Game Master and there are interested players.

rikka

Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

Muse

this would be beyond my ability to GM, but I really lke the paladium fantasy aproach to psychcis.  I'd love to pla a healer, mystic, or something else along those lines. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Oddly I like the Witch as an OCC they are just wicked fun. And ever since the Salem tv show have an appeal to me. The other one is the Peasant/Vagrant the everyman sort who decides stupidly to adventure.

rikka

I used to DM AD&D, 2nd Edition, 3rd and 3.5 in past and mostly with pre-made adventure modules, and honestly I was not good a DM. 

Palladium Fantasy is rather daunting for me but I'm somewhat familiar with the campaign.  Would like to play the much hyped Wolfen.

Ons/Offs

Rune

First edition or second? I might be tempted to do something with first.

RubySlippers

I think I have revised on a PDF. It has power points so must be second. But it should mainly affect spell casters I'm not likely to run one of those, I do play Witches but only of my attributes are all so bad its the only option which is rare or I feel like playing an evil Devil Worshipper who sold her body and soul or other major pact (lifelong servitude if an elf can work). One O.C.C. that I do think would be fun is a Peasant/Vagabond the BIG fish in her small hamlet and figures she would go out to see the world and now is in way over her head.  ;)

So it would depend on the rules used and the GM, I tend to play alignments that will work with others.

Rune

I will see if I can dig up the rulebook when I get home tonight and get something started. Some of the classes, skills and magic is a little different between editions, but I could probably walk you through the differences. The main thing is roleplaying and not system anyways.

On a side note, why Palladium? Is there something about the setting or the system that has inspired you?

RubySlippers

Its just interesting as an alternative to other systems and I like the rules.

Garuss Vakarian

Ya, palladium is one of my more favored systems to. ^^ lol. I like how detailed it gets into skills. Occ are your specialties in life, related are things that are optional, secondary are things your character was interested in but put only enough experience into it that he or she can only do menial tasks. Skill ratio always ends at 98 percent, or lower depending on gm. So that there is always a chance for failure.

Though I do love Palladium, I am rather conservative with who I join. Only ever being in 1 or 2 games at a time. Since palladium can tend to be unbalanced, or drone on if your not carefull. But never as bad as a decker in Shadow run. *Shivers.* That's the true droning on we all dread. I get that the Matrix is cool and all, but why pick a class that literally stops every one elses game because it starts two scenarios at once? :P Dam deckers. As bad as Jedi, either all jedi or no jedi, all deckers or no deckers.  And that aint no fun. :P

Any way, I am totally interested, id probably make a knight or tanky guy at the very least. Somebody to take the agro.

RubySlippers

Garuss Vakarian

Rune

If you would like me to run a game, it will be using first edition. I found my copy of the rules so I can get started. The setting will be in the northern part of the Eastern Territories, where rumors of the Wolfen war are starting to spread. The adventure will be partly determined by the character types as well as the player's preferences.

If you do not wish to play first edition or simply prefer another to GM, I would understand and will step aside if someone else wishes to run.

RubySlippers

Well I don't have the 1st edition I have a PDF of the 2nd Edition. Not that I mind unless I play a magical using class it shouldn't make a difference in most cases.

Rune

OK. If we are going to do this thing, we better get started. Unless there are questions on the setting, the first thing to do is to create characters. Step one is to select a race. Any of the typical civilized races are fine. If you are planning on one of the more exotic races (troll, ogre, wolfen, goblin, orc, etc.) please explain what you are doing in human lands instead of with your own people.

rikka

Are wolfens that feared or mistrusted in the civilized lands?  Otherwise I will settle with the civilized races.

Also will classes be limited to the main book?

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

Rune

Wolfen are feared but it is not unknown for lone wolfen to be seen. They are usually outcast from the wolfen empire or have left their homeland for their own reasons.

Attributes are the same between the two editions. (Humans roll 3d6 for each). Once your stats are generated, I will let you know what occupation you can qualify for.

rikka

Ons/Offs

Rune

rikka

Ons/Offs

Rune

OK. Based off that you qualify for several OCCs. Would you prefer Man at Arms, Man of Magic, Clergy or Civilian?

rikka

Since my character is not good physically I'll go for clergy then.

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

Character Name: Bellatrix Horner

Attributes: IQ 13, ME 12, MA 7, PS 19, PP 9, PE 13, PB 10, SPD 8

Okay OCC well something Strength matters I rolled good in that, a 17 plus a bonus die. And can raise that with some physical training.

I'm mulling over OCC options.

Rune

If you want to go with the clergy route, you are eligible for two OCCs. First is Priest who is a vessel for the gods of light/darkness. Or you could choose Shaman who is more naturalistic and deals with spirits (nature, ancestral, etc)

Quote from: rikka on February 04, 2015, 02:13:23 PM
Since my character is not good physically I'll go for clergy then.

Rune

Looks good. Be aware that in first edition, there are less physical training skills than there are in second edition.

Do you have a general idea of character type? Man at arms, magic, clergy. Other?

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 04, 2015, 02:38:27 PM

Okay OCC well something Strength matters I rolled good in that, a 17 plus a bonus die. And can raise that with some physical training.

I'm mulling over OCC options.

RubySlippers

I'm not sure Magic would be hard without the book and the only one I ever played in 1st Edition was the Witch.

But I'm likely to take something interesting the Farmer/Vagabond OCC if its in that rule book.

Her concept is the toughest girl in the little Thorpe, who helped a knight who was wounded after fighting a nasty thing and she got her share of the treasure. Now has delusions of grandeur.  ;D

Rune

Other choices would be Peasant, farm hand, merchant and noble.

Quote from: RubySlippers on February 04, 2015, 02:51:33 PM
I'm not sure Magic would be hard without the book and the only one I ever played in 1st Edition was the Witch.

But I'm likely to take something interesting the Farmer/Vagabond OCC if its in that rule book.

Her concept is the toughest girl in the little Thorpe, who helped a knight who was wounded after fighting a nasty thing and she got her share of the treasure. Now has delusions of grandeur.  ;D

Garuss Vakarian

I am having troubles finding a pdf. Any one know where I can read it online? Or is there a option to buy a pdf version on Palladium games main website? As far as I can tell there is only a shipping option. I am fine buying the physical copy but, I don't exactly want to wait on the shipping. :P Id rather get things done sooner rather then later.

RubySlippers

You should be able to get a copy at one of the PDF rules selling on-line stores. I'm not sure.

On Other classes  is there a difference between the choices, I was thinking something close to the Vagabond side of Farmer/Vagabond?

This is harder than I thought transitioning between editions.

Muse

Rune, may we arrange our attributes to concept?  Or do you want us to keep them where they fall? 

You're using the first edition book? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Yes, I believe, sadly I can't find a copy free online and there were so many changes from the 1st Edition to the 2nd Edition none of which seem to have made the game better.

Rune

Keep your stats where they fall. With most races, the number of dice you roll to determine your rating various between attributes. That makes it difficult to mix and match.

The changes made to second edition were to bring the game in line with Rifts. Not all the changes were good ones.

I think that the closest to Vagabond would be the peasant occ. We could continue with that if you like.

Quote from: Muse on February 05, 2015, 10:39:51 AM
  Rune, may we arrange our attributes to concept?  Or do you want us to keep them where they fall? 

You're using the first edition book?

RubySlippers

Muse

okay...  ^_^;;  This spread is kidna nuts... 

I.Q.   15
M.E.   11
M.A.   9
P.S.   5
P.P.   11
P.E.   23
P.B.   9
Spd.   3

Rune

Slow. Not very strong. But can keep going and going...

What type of character class do you think? Or do you want me to list all you qualify for?

Quote from: Muse on February 05, 2015, 05:05:14 PM
okay...  ^_^;;  This spread is kidna nuts... 

I.Q.   15
M.E.   11
M.A.   9
P.S.   5
P.P.   11
P.E.   23
P.B.   9
Spd.   3

Rune

(+4 Hand to Hand damage)

Hit Points: 13+1d6

Race: Human

OCC: Peasant. Level: 1

OCC skills: Cook +5, Trap/skin small animals +10, Speak Additional Language +20

Elective Skills: Choose 5 from...

Disguise, HtH non men at arms, Horsemanship (general), ID plants, ID tracks, Medical, Pick Pocket, Scale Walls, Track, various peasant weapon proficiency.

Secondary Skills: Choose 6

RubySlippers

Quote from: Rune on February 05, 2015, 05:53:00 PM

(+4 Hand to Hand damage)

Hit Points: 13+1d6

Race: Human

OCC: Peasant. Level: 1

OCC skills: Cook +5, Trap/skin small animals +10, Speak Additional Language +20

Elective Skills: Choose 5 from...

Disguise, HtH non men at arms, Horsemanship (general), ID plants, ID tracks, Medical, Pick Pocket, Scale Walls, Track, various peasant weapon proficiency.

Secondary Skills: Choose 6

I don't know ,the other one I liked had more skills to choose from, like done right she could have been a minstrel with a professional skill in an instrument and singing. And a general fix it skill. That is why I liked it I didn't know they added the Farmer/Vagabond I thought it was like its listed in the first edition.

Muse

I was thinking healer, mystic, or whatever the Palladiu equivilent of Mind Melter is. ^_^;;

Muse

Maybe a young man with a minor deformity--like a club foot--that made it hard for him to be active as a child? 

In spite of this he was heatlhy and built up his endurance by stubornly trying to play with the other kdis, play at sowrds, and later studdy swordmanship. 

He wanted to be a wandeirng warrior.  While he DID get fairly good with swords, he discoverd the key to making his dream come true in teh power of his midn, not the power of his body.  Second son of a minor merchant, when he realized he was developing psychci abilites, he got his father to aprentcie him to a traveling Mind Mage. 

rikka

Believe it or not PB 9 still falls within average scores. Meaning he has some looks but one with PB 11-14 is above average and so on.

Ons/Offs

Muse

If you're refering to my mention of a Minor Deformity, Rikka, I waw atualy refering to his speed.  For excample, a club foot or slightly malformed leg making it so taht he has trouble moving fast. 

rikka

My bad then. :P

Josep Maxxon

Josep has never been much into physical activities or manual labor, and besides, he is very much a klutz which results in spectacular accidents with even the simplest of tasks.  He does, however, have a penchant for scholarly things and thus chose a path for the clergy.  But his thought of a sedentary existence in the clergy did not last long as he was told, no, ordered to become a travelling priest and spread the tenets of their deity to the ends of the earth.  He did not have much of a choice on the matter and grudgingly accepted what was required of him, but he sometimes dreams of the times back then when all his concerns were limited to being cooped up in the library and reading books for hours.

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

The rules are not available to me, I could buy them on a PDF but with game survivability being so low I won't waste the money.

If anyone wants to GM the 2nd Edition I'm game those rules I have.

rikka

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

I don't mind, I'm not going to play, I have nothing for reference to play using those rules unless a GM runs 2nd Edition.