Strangers But Now Something Else (BigMike and AAA111)

Started by AAA111, December 21, 2010, 10:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMike

Now that that who awkward thing is out of the way, Mike is so relieved.  He still feels ashamed that he would make Sydney feel so uncomfortable, and he knows he must make amends.  It was such a relief to know that she still wanted to go to the diner, and he was excited about it.  He keeps thinking about her falling very easily for a guy and it does bother him a bit.  He will have to show her that he's isn't like the other guys shes known.  But how can he do it?  It's almost as if she has built up some type of wall to prevent her from being hurt again.  As unfair as it may seem, he is going to have to work harder  because of some idiot that treated her badly before.  But he doesn't mind doing it.  "I'd sure like to find that last boyfriend and beat the hell out of him for this" he says to himself, then lets out a chuckle.

"Thanks for humoring me on this and letting me apologize Sydney.  That means a lot to me.  I really don't mean to try so hard,but I guess that I just want so much for you to know that I'm nothing like that bozo who dumped you.  Even though you've not really talked about it much, I can tell that it still bothers you Sydney.  I understand that you may have your guard up, and I can't say I blame you.  But please Sydney, be patient with me, ok?  And remember, I'm not that other guy."

Mike leans in kisses her gently on the cheek..."Be patient with me?"

AAA111

She was so glad that they had put everything out on the line like they did. It would hopefully be able to give them a new start. Even though Sydney had no idea where they would end up she knew that she enjoyed his company. This thing that was happening between them was fun though she was scared because she had no idea where he would be in a week. He was after all only in town for the week. She heard him chuckle and just shook her head at him. Maybe he really was different from the rest of them. I sure hope so because I need something really good to start going on in my life.

"I'm not humoring you. Really I'm not. I honestly think that you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I know you are not like him because you are NOTHING like him at all. Of course it bothers me still. It was a 2 1/2 year relationship. My dad gets so mad at me then I can't just shut him out of my life. He doesn't understand how I can still think good things about him after everything that he did to me. " She shrugs. There is a lot that happened with Luke, her ex-boyfriend, that she never really told him before.

She nodded. "Of course I will be patient with you. I'm sorry for not being." She said to him as she put her arms around him. She whispers to herself. "I hate that I let him hit me like he did." She hopes that he didn't hear what she said. She knows if he did then the whole story will have to come out and she is gonna break down.

BigMike

As she reached in to hug him, Mike hear something that probably wasn't meant for him to hear.  To hear that some slime ball had hit her was enough to make his blood boil.  But Mike knew that right now was not the time to talk about it.  No, it has to be on her terms, not his.  Even though he just wants to find out where this idiot lives and pay him a visit, he know he can.  Not now.  The last thing this sweet girl needs is more drama in her life.  So he just holds her tighter, hoping to make her feel more at ease, a bit more secure than she's used to.

As they start walking to the diner, Mike puts his arm around Sydney's shoulder, pulling her closer.  "Sydney, you said something about how your dad gets mad at you.  I can see his point honey.  I understand that you spent 2 1/2 years of your life with this guy.  I can speak from experience that at lot can happen in that much time.  But I can see his side too.  He's known and loved you your whole life Sydney.  I've only known your for about 3 hours, and I know how I feel about you in that short amount of time.  I can only imagine the love he must have for you.  That's probably why he gets mad at you, and I know it sounds corny, but it's because he loves you.  I can understand a little bit why you still may think good things about that jerk.  That's who you are.  I don't know that you'd think bad about any body."

I stop walking and turn to you so you can see my eyes. "But Sydney, sometimes you just have to let it go.  Again, I speak from experience.  You just have to get it out of your system, or it will eat at you and eat at you and destroy who you really are.  I know.  I've been there, and believe me, it's a horrible place to be.  I won't ask you all the details, but I want you to know Sydney, that you can talk to me at anytime.  Yeah that sounds like a line, I know.  But I mean it Sydney...anytime.  About anything, anything at all.  But only when you want to.  Just think about it Sydney.  Remember, I've been there, I've kept things inside that I thought I could handle.  But none of us can do it alone."

I look down, sort of ashamed of the lecture I just gave you. "Sydney,  I don't mean to sound like a father, but I too care about you, and I just think you have things that still bother you, and I want you to know that you can trust me, you can talk to me. OK?"

Mike lovingly pulls her towards him as they start walking again.  He hopes that he hasn't done more damage than good.  But those words about him hitting her still haunt him.  And to think that she may still actually have feelings for that idiot are actually hurting him.  But again, if he doesn't do all he can for her, he knows that he will regret it the rest of his life.  But still, he wonders why it seems that the nice guys always finish last.  There he is, pouring out his soul for her, and she hints that she still has feelings for that clown.  He resolves then that he will do all he can to prove to her that he is worth it.  He knows she's worth it, and he will fight for her, no matter what it takes.  He looks over to her, and smiles.  He can tell she is thinking, but he knows she has to make the move.  If she wants to talk, she will.

"I'm sorry about the lecture Sydney" he says with a laugh and smile.  "So tell me, whats running through that pretty head of yours?"

AAA111

She puts her arms around his body as she lays her head on his shoulder. All that she wants is to feel that sort of protection with him. She barely has ever had that kind of security before so if holding on to a sweet cute guy like Mike will do that for her that she will hold him. He makes her feel so happy and really good about herself.

As he pulls her in closer she leans her head on his shoulder as they walk. As he talks to her about her dad she smiles noticing how cute and sweet this guy is. He cares about her. He truly cares about her because if he didn't he would give her this kind of speech. "I completely understand where my Dad is coming from. He HATED everything that happened to me and he couldn't really do anything about it so that hurt him. Knowing that he couldn't do a damn thing to protect his little girl was probably the hardest thing for him. He really does love me so much and I love him more than anything in this world. I'm his little girl and I hate that my daddy gets mad at me still but it is one of those things that is really hard to stop. It is hard really hard" She says .

I stop walking also and look at you. "I know that I have to let my feelings for him go. I know that I have to push away all of the good things that I saw in him because there are so many worse horrible things that I remember from him. Those are the things that piss off my dad. I hate this so much." She sees a bench and sits down on the bench and she pats the seat next to him hoping that he will sit down. She wants to open up to him and tell him almost everything about them.

"Luke was a good guy at first when we started going out. He was really sweet, charismatic, and very charming. But my Dad thought that this would end up bad but I never really listened to know but now in hindsight I should have. We moved in together after about a year of dating. Things were good at that point but when we moved in together things went horribly wrong. He worked from 8-8 everyday so he was stressed out and annoyed when he came home from work so I was kind of like a physical and verbal way to get out his frustrations. Then when he got drunk he came home and he hurt me." She says as tears fall down the side of my face still finding it hard to talk about. "My dad could never do anything because I was so naive always blaming myself. I don't know why I can not keep his face and his feelings out of my head."

She holds his hand smiling at him. "But meeting you was probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. It showed me that there are truly real good guys out there. You are such a good guy but maybe you should leave and save yourself all of the drama that comes along with me. " She looks down embarassed of herself.

BigMike

Mike sits down beside you, and listens intently to every word you say.  As you talk about this Luke character, I still think of how much I'd love to meet him and give him a good ass whipping.  As I see the tears fall down your face, I can barely take it.  I reach over and gently wipe them from your face, trying my best to console you.  As you continue to talk, I can see that you truly don't know what to do.  I can tell that all you want is to feel loved, to feel safe.  And I can offer you those things I think to myself. 

It's all starting to come together a little bit to me as you keep talking.  I think that you are keeping those good times from Luke, no matter how few they may have been in your mind, because they made you feel important, and loved.  You so much want those feelings that you are willing to overlook the horrible things he did to you.  But the thing is, I don't know how I can help you see this. 

After hearing you explain things to me, I grab your hand and hold tightly.  "Sydney, I know this must be hard on your dad. But you know, your feelings are important too.  I can see that you only want someone to love you, to make you feel special.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  But there is something wrong with this whole situation.  As much as it hurts you, or as much as it may scare you Sydney, you have to let this Luke guy go.  Forget about the good things he did sweetie.  Forget about them.  I didn't do that in my life once before Sydney.  When Brandi dumped me, I couldn't help but remember the good times we had.  Because they gave me the feelings I wanted.  I overlooked the horrible things she did, because it hurt to much, so I just remembered the good times because they made me happy.  But then, one day, I realized that I could never be happy, could never get the things I wanted from life, if I kept on living in the past.  I saw that I couldn't move to the future if i was holding on to the past.  It's impossible.  I just had to make the choice...do I hold on to those things that brought joy and happiness to me so long ago, and depend on them to get me through, or do I let go, and allow new chances to come up.  Do I let them go so I can have a good future, or do I hold on to them and give up any hope of ever being happy again.  Well Sydney, I think you know what the answer to that is.  Had I kept counting on those old memories, I would have never met you.  I would have never had the chance to look into your eyes and see someone I could love.  I would still be back at the hotel thinking about what could have been, not what can be.

And Sydney, I'm not a father, but I think that's what your dad thinks.  I think that's why he seems to be so frustrated with the situation.  He can see that you aren't truly happy, that you are merely holding on to something that happened long ago.  And he knows that there is so much more out there for you if you only let go.  Thats why he gets mad and frustrated.  Not because he doesn't understand, but because he loves  you.  And you know what?  I love you too."

I touch your chin, lifting your head up so I can look into your beautiful blue eyes.  "Sydney, I love you!  I want you to be happy.  But if I can't make you be happy.  You have to do it sweetie.  It has to come from inside of you, because you want it to.  Basically, it's up to you Sydney.  If you want to hold on to the past, you can't expect a future.  Happiness wasn't meant to be a one time thing...it was meant to be a life long thing. Something to be built on each day, to be made stronger.  But if you stop being truly happy, depending on that one time, well, then you are no longer growing.  Whats the point in doing anything else?  You have your happy times to remember, so nothing else with matter.

I know that those words might sound harsh, and I am so very very sorry if they've hurt you at all. But Sydney, I think you needed to hear them.  You have so much to offer.  You're smart, funny...you're beautiful.  But you aren't happy honey.  And that's something we need.  Please don't be mad at me.  And please, think about it, ok?  I want you to be happy...truly happy. I want be able to make you feel safe.  And I want to treat you like the princess you are.  But before I can do it, you have to be ready to accept me, and know that you can be happy again.  I promise you Sydney, if you give me the chance, I'll help you feel happy again."

AAA111

As they both side down on the bench together Sydney leans over and links his arm with her arm. She knows that they haven't even officially been out on a date or anything even regarding close to what could be considered partially a relationship but she feels safe with him. He makes her feel really good about herself and that is something that is very rare for her so when she finds it she never ever wants to let it go. She leans her head on his shoulder feeling the comfort of him.

She nods in agreement about everything that he has said about the past and everything with regard to Luke. "Yeah I know that push away all of the horrible things that he did to me and instead I think more so about the good things that we had though they were far and between. I guess I just want those lovely dovey feelings."

She smiles as he mentions her dad because her dad means the world to her. "This is so incredibly hard on my Dad. I hate that I make him mad at me about something that I am clearly able to control. I'm his little girl and I always will be and for him to not be able to help me at a time where I should have let him help me is the worst feeling in the entire world." She says as a few tears run down the side of her face. She gets super emotional about their strained relationship. "I hate that I pushed away my Dad when I needed him the most and for that reason our relationship is strained and I have absolutely no idea what to do in order to changed it. I know that I really did mess up with my Dad. I honestly don't think that our relationship will ever be the same again and that is worst feeling in the entire world." She says as more tears run down the side of her face. She has always been Daddy's little girl and this hurts.

She looks at him. "I know that I need to forget about Luke and push him out of my life forever because nothing good will ever come out of that relationship. All that ever come out of that relationship was pain and sorrow. As much as I wish that I was happy about 95% of the time I was dreading come home to see him. I shouldn't have felt that way but with how he treated me I felt that I had no other way to feel.

She looks at him after he tells her that he wants to be the guy that makes her happy. She loves and wants that so badly. "I want you to be that guy that makes me happy and proves to be that good guys finish first. Because you are truly the best guy out there. I don't know how to go on from here. I need your help. I never ever ask for help from anyone because I am incredibly independent but this is one of those times where I think it is okay to ask for help because I know that I need that help. I want to be able to move on with a wonderful, cute, sweet, amazing man..YOU. " She smiles as she nods knowing that he could truly be the person that could finally make her happy again and she knew that she had to put her heart out there again. She was 99.9% positive he wouldn't break her out. If he did then she was okay with that because then she knew she did everything that she possibly could have done.

BigMike

While they were talking, Mike could see her smile when she talked about her father.  He could tell that she really cared for him, and that she wanted to be all that she could.  Right then and there, he decided that he was going to do his best to help her become all that she ever wanted.  "If she wants to be happy, I'll make her happy" he thinks to himself.  He knew that she was making him happy. 

He reaches out and pulls her closer to him, looking into her beautiful blue eyes.  He wipes the tears away, and lifts her chin so she is looking in directly at him.  "Sydney, I give you my work that I will do all I can to make you the happiest girl in the world.  You are already the most beautiful girl in the world!"  He looks at her and smiles, and gently kisses her.  "I want to help you and your dad too Sydney.  I know you love him and you want things to be the way they used to be.  If I can help that, just let me know."

"I know it scares me to death, but at some point I'm going to have to meet your dad.  He might hate my guts, but I have to let him know how I feel about his little girl.  I know it won't be easy, but it will be worth it.  He may not accept me, but as long as he and you work things out, everything else will fall into place."

He looks at her sitting there, and he just smiles.  He reaches over,holds her tightly, and kisses her passionately.  He keeps holding on to her, enjoying the touch of her soft lips against his.  He briefly removes his lips and mutters...."Sydney........I love you."  He then continues to kiss her, holding her body close to his.

AAA111

Sydney looks up at Mike as he lifts her chin so that they are both staring at each other in the eyes. "How do I meet such an amazing, sweet, caring, gorgeous guy at a bar?" She tells herself as she smiles and kisses him lovingly on the cheek. He really does make her happy just with how he talks to her and that does not even include how amazing he is.

She holds his hand. "Well that job of making me the happiest girl in the world make be a little bit hard for you to do since I met you about 3 hours ago you have made me one of the happiest girls in the entire world. I still can not even begin to understand how some girl would be stupid enough to leave you. I mean I know for a fact I would never ever do that. You are just so sweet and amazing and I appreciate every thing that you do for me." She smiles as she kisses him lovingly on the lips.

She laughs as he talks about meeting her dad. She thinks how absolutely adorable he is. "Oh you are going to have too huh? Hmm really? What are you trying to say Mister?" She smiles as she holds on to his arm. He is so amazing and absolutely amazing. "He would love you anyways. Plus things are not exactly perfect with me and him right now. But he would really love you. You are pretty awesome." As he tells her he wants her dad to know how he feels she smiles. "Oh yeah and what would you tell him?"

She kisses him passionately back. "Mike..I ..l..love you too" She smiles as she leans her head on his chest. She really just feels so incredibly safe with him and in his arms. She loves absolutely everything about him.

BigMike

So many things are going through Mikes head as he sits here, holding tightly to the girl he is falling in love with.  Her kisses are unlike any he has ever had.  The touch of her lips just make him melt.  How can you fall in love with someone in 3 hours he asks himself.  But why even question it?  If anything has ever felt good in his life, it is this. 

Mike sits back and just smiles.  He can't help it.  He looks at this woman sitting beside him, and he can't help but to feel so happy. 

He looks over to her and says..."Sydney, I have a question for you.  Did you ever, ever in your wildest dreams think that something like this was even possible?  Did you ever think that you could meet a stranger, then in about 3 hours....well, you know....start to fall in love with them?  Honestly, I never thought it would happen to me.  But what a wonderful surprise it has been!  It's like a dream come true, a real life movie.  And you know, I love it!"

But then, a serious look comes to his face. "But you know...there seems to be something missing.  I just can't quite put my finger on it...but something just doesn't see quite right"  With that said...all of a sudden, his stomach lets out such a loud, long growel, that it must have registered on the Richter Scale.  "That's it!" he says.  "That's what's missing!  Food!  Let's head to the Diner now my love...what do you say?"

AAA111

Sydney sits there with him resting in his arms, loving each and every moment that she sits and bounds with him. The way he kisses her makes her feel so good about herself. He is such an amazing kisser definitely hasn't had anyone kiss her like that before. She can not believe that she had fallen in love so quickly but it was good because she felt the best that she had felt since the break-up.

She smiles as he asks her about them. "No I never thought that I would fall in love in the course of 3 hours with a guy. I never thought it was possible but it has happened. It is the greatest feeling in the world knowing that I could fall for someone so easily and knowing that you are the guy. You are like a dream out of a movie. Sometimes I have got to pinch myself just to tell myself that this is real." She looks over at him. "This is real right? I did meet the greatest guy in the world tonight?"

She laughs as his stomache grows. "Yeah I think you are super super hungry. I'm hungry too so let's go over to the diner. It is not much more than a 15 minute walk from here." She smiles as she stands up and holds his hand as they began to walk to the diner.

BigMike

Thats another thing Mike likes about Sydney...she knows how to laugh. And she appreciates his strange sense of humor...now that takes a lot.  "Sounds good to me" he tells her.  He takes her hand, and they start their journey to the diner.  He thinks to himself that maybe he should offer to drive, but then again, it seems like things are going so well right now.  They can interact so much more this way, besides, he could always use the exercise.

"Now Sydney, I've got a serious question for you.  What do you think your dad will say about us?  I know that he's so upset about that last jerk.  I guess I'm just worried about getting a fair shot.  I can't help but think that no one will ever be good enough for his little girl.  And then through in the fact that I'm, well, more mature, I just wonder how it will go.  Even though you might think I'm great, and of course I agree with you, (WINKS at you), I'm still worried about meeting his expectations for you.  Does that make sense at all, or am I rambling on again?"

I turn to you, and catch a glimpse of you smiling.  "What's so funny about that I ask" in an exaggerated tone?  "You think it's funny that I'm scared to death of your dad?  Oh man, there I go again..assuming that you even want to tell him anything at this point.  See what I mean about rambling on and on?  Might as well put a pink bunny suit on me and call me the Energizer Bunny!"

I suddenly stop, and bend over..."Go ahead and kick me now..might slow me down a bit and stop the rambling!"  I then bust out laughing as I peek back at you and see the "what the heck have I gotten myself into" look on your face.

AAA111

As they walk to the diner she continue to look up at him noticing how adorable and cute he is. He is absolutely the sweetest and most caring guy that he has ever known. She loves talking to him and just hanging out.

She looked at him and she didn't exactly know what to say so she did not speak for a few minutes. "He is still super upset from the last boyfriend but he never liked the guy from the beginning. He said all of these things that he hated about him but you have absolutely none of those things. I think that he thinks that no one will ever be good enough for me but then again he has not met you yet." She smiles as she holds his hand. "All that he wants is for  me to find a guy that makes me happy and that treats me with absolute respect and is very honest with me. You do all three of those things so I think that you are going to be fine. No you are not at all rambling and it makes a lot of sense."

She laughs. "Yeah I think it is a little funny that you are scared of my dad but I think it is very cute at the same time. No I do want to tell him about you. I was actually planning on call him tomorrow and telling him about this wonderful guy that I met and am falling in love with. He may be concerned when I tell him I'm falling in love but as long as you are you I think you will be fine."

She shakes her head at him. "What the heck have I gotten myself into?" She says.

BigMike

Mike appreciates the fact that Sydney is trying her best to make him at ease about her dad.  He really is very nervous about it given the way things went with her last boy friend.  But as thinks back over the past few hours, he knows that he would go through any kind of meeting with him, because he is truly falling for his daughter.

"Thanks for making it seem like it's not such a big deal Sydney.  I really appreciate the fact that you're trying to help me deal with this and overcome my nerves when it comes to your dad.  I'm really most nervous that he'll judge me by the last guy, but also think he'll be able to see that, hopefully, I'm a bit different. 

When she tells him that she was planning on telling her dad tomorrow, Mike sees the chance for some fun.  He stops in his tracks, and turns towards her with an obviously exagarated look on his face.  "No  way!  You're really planning on telling him tomorrow?  I don't know if I'm ready for this or not!  I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all now...I've got to practice my approach to him.  Any suggestions for me honey?"

He tries not to laugh, but can't do it.  He breaks out  laughing like a mad man, gasping for his breath.

AAA111

Sydney smiles at him as he talks about her Dad. He looks so absolutely cute right now as he looks really concerned. She really is falling for this guy and she is falling fast but she tells herself. "At least he is a good guy and I hope that Dad will see the same. I'm sure he will though."

She smiles as she looks at him. "Your welcome and honestly babe it is not a huge deal. It will all be fine and work out. Don't you worry. You are so different and as soon as he sees you I am so sure that he will see that. You are a sweet, loving, and caring guy. You are very cute and sexy too. I kinda like you." She smiles back at him.

She laughs as he teases her. That is the one thing that she loves most about him: the fact that he can tease her. "Yes way! My dad and I are really close so I do not really like to keep things from him. Especially not something as important as you. Don't practice your approach. Just be the Mike that you showed me. Just be you and you will do wonderful.

She holds his hand.

BigMike

As she takes his hand, he's amazed at the way she makes him feel.  Amazed that she can calm his fears with her words.  Without looking at her, in a shy and embarrassed voice, he whispers..."Thank you.  I feel better now."

With a squeeze of her hand, they start walking again.  After a few moments of just enjoying the moment, he puts his arm around her again.  He loves it when she rests her head on his shoulder.  It makes him feel as if they are even closer, almost one.

"Sydney, I really meant that, what I said  about you making me feel better.  I'm really nervous about your dad...it's like I'm a teenager again.  But your words just took away most of my concerns, and I'm glad of that."  He reaches over and kisses her cheek..."Thank you."

"By the way, are we almost there?  It sounds like WW 3 in my stomach" he says with a laugh.

AAA111

She smiles up at him as he talks about how comfortable he feels now. She is really glad that she is able to at least give him that. That really does mean a lot to her especially since he had already made her feel so amazing about herself. That was one thing that was extremely good for her and she was really happy to be with him.

As they walk and he pulls her closer to him, she leans her head on top of his shoulder. She loves the comfort that he is able to give her so easily. She realizes how lucky she is to have a guy in her life like him.

"I know you are truly very nervous about everything but I promise you that everything will be just fine. I think it is really cute that you are nervous. It shows me that you truly care about me and want us to work. That you are not just in it for a "lay." I Mean I know you weren't before but now it is really true." She says as she continues to ramble on and on. That is something that she does when she is getting nervous. She doesn't know why she is nervous.

She laughs. "Yeah we are actually there." She says stopping in front of a cute little cafe called "Dino's Diner." It is very small but very cute.

BigMike

Finally they reach the diner, none too soon for Mike.  He hasn't eaten since this morning, and he's really kind of hungry.  He opens the door for Sydney, letting her enter first.  Once inside,he takes her hand, waiting to be seated.  After the waitress greets them and begins to take them to their table, her reaches over and gives her a quick peck on the cheek.

He pulls her chair out for her and sits her at the table, then sits down himself.  He looks at her, hoping to get a glimpse of her beautiful eyes again.  But this time, he notices something a little different.  She seems to be off in her own little world, almost as if she is thinking, or more likely worrying about something.  He's had that look all too often himself, so he knows there is something going on.

He looks over at her and softly says..."Sydney, what's wrong?  Have I said something wrong or something?  I can see it in  your eyes...you've got something troubling you."  Gently putting his hand on hers, he says..."Sydney?"

While waiting for her to answer, Mike suddenly gets an awful feeling.  "Oh no, please tell me I didn't say something stupid again" he says to himself. 

He softly rubs her hand with his thumb..."Sydney, are you ok?"

AAA111

As they walk in to the restaraunt she looks at him smiling wide. She thinks to herself "Wow this guy is such a sweet and wonderful man..a true and classic gentleman. I mean who else would hold open a door for a girl. Not many but she was very glad that he was one of those people." She holds his hand as they sit down.

As they both sit down at their table, she is completely and utterly in her own world. She is again thinking about her ex-boyfriend and Mike. She wonders if things will ever be okay with her or even if she is the kind of girl to deserve something so good like him. Maybe she is meant to be miserable and alone forever.

She shakes her head laughing at him. "No no you didn't do or say anything wrong. I was thinking about HIM again. I hate that I'm thinking about this guy when I have the most wonderful man in the world sitting in front of me. Sometimes I really do truly wonder if I'm meant to be happy or if maybe I don't deserve the kind of love that you have given me."

She looks up at him seriously. "Plus I'm truly kind of scared of what my dad would say about you. It is just nerves. I'm just scared he won't accept you because I couldn't handle that.

BigMike

As Mike does the simple  things, he loves to see the way she looks at him.  But he just doesn't know what the big deal is.  Hasn't anyone ever held the door open for her, or pulled her chair out for her to sit? "I guess I really am old-fashioned" he thinks to himself.

When she tells him how she feels about telling her dad, about how she's worried about what he'll think, Mike feels like a helpless little boy.  He feels so bad for her.  "But why does she think he won't accept me?" he asks himself.

"Sydney, I never meant to put you in this situation.  I feel so bad that you're scared about hearing what your dad may say.  What can I do to help you?  I don't want you to hurt, and I especially don't want to be the cause of any fears of problems for you."  Mike reaches up and rubs her cheek with his thumb.  "Sweetie, can I do something for you?  Please, tell me what I can do for you.  I don't want you to hurt because of me.  No, I want you to be happy because of me."

Mike doesn't want to slow things down.  Not after they have gone so well in such a short amount of time.  But he doesn't want Sydney's life to be full of anxiety and worry just because to him either.

"What are you scared about with telling him?  Is it my age?  I really wish I could make this all better.  Maybe I'm just pushing it too hard or something, I don't know.  I never meant to make you feel uncomfortable in any way.  I'm as amazed as you are over what's happened over the past few hours.  It has all happened so fast...but if feels so good.  So right.  Maybe, when the time is right, we should just talk to him together.  Maybe if he sees that you are really happy, it will be ok."

"I'll hold your hand if you hold mine" I say with a laugh.  "Other than that, I don't know.  All I do know is that I'm falling for you Sydney.  And I like it and I won't let anything stop it.  I have to give it my all, because you are worth it to me."

I grab your hand.."So, what do we do?"

AAA111

She smiled at him loving all the little things that he does for her like opening and holding the door for her. It was just one of those things that she never really got a lot of before so now that she gets it she is going to thank him for it. "Thank you for being such a perfect gentleman. Your one of the rare ones that is still around." She giggles.

She smiles up at him as he tries to reassure her that he never meant to hurt her and she knows this for a fact. "I know you didn't and you are not putting me in any type of situation. I'm not hurting at all. I promise you that. You are not doing anything at all even close to what I could even begin to consider hurting. I don't know if you could ever really hurt someone. You are such an amazing guy and I'm lucky to have someone like you in my life." She smiles as she rubs the side of his face.

Even though things have happened really really quickly she would not change a thing but she met him and is starting to fall in love and that means more to her than anything.

She continued to shake her head at him. "No no no you are not at all making me uncomfortable. I feel 100% comfortable with you. It is a little bit of the age thing and a little bit of the whole us falling in love so quickly thing too. To me I don't care about any of that but I'm just worried about Dad. I mean I know that he will support us but I'm just scared a little of the initial reaction. " She smiles as she caresses him. Plus the last relationship made Dad put up his guard. "

She smiles wide. "I like the idea. I want to hold your hand always. It makes me feel so secure. I'm falling for you too and I refuse to stop it because I want us to get on truckin'."

"We proceed with us and um..go to Portland um..tomorrow night..Weathers nice huh?" She says trying to change the subject wondering if maybe he didn't hear the Portland part.

BigMike

Sitting here with her, listening to her giggles, seeing her beautiful smile light up the room seems to make all his fears go away.  The way her nose crinkles up when she laughs just makes him melt.  Not to mention that she is beautiful.  How could I ever be so lucky to have found her is beyond me he says to himself.  But I'm so glad it has happened.  To know that she feels the same way as she rubs his face, makes anything worth it.  Even if it means facing her father.  Yes, the thought does make his blood run cold, but for her, he would do anything.

Though he is lost in the moment, falling in love with this wonderful girl, he suddenly hears something that seems to make his hear skip three beats.  He looks over at her with a part confuse, part terrified look?  Did he just hear what she said, and does it mean what he thinks it means?

Looking over at her, doing his best to give her the deer in the headlights look, he starts to talk.  "Uuuhhh, Portland?  Tomorrow???  Sweetie...is there a reason my hearts racing and my palms are sweating when I hear those words? Other than proof I'm falling in love?  Isn't that where your dad is" I ask with uncertainty.  "Do you think he's ready for that?  No, do you think I'm ready for that? I ask with a big smile?

AAA111

She looks at him and notices how absolutely adorable he is. He has every single quality that she could ever ask for in a man. He has extremely good looking, is amazingly sweet, treats me with absolute respect, and many many other things. It was very strange that she would meet somebody like him at a random bar but it was the most wonderful thing that could have ever happened to her. He was an absolutely amazing man and she was lucky to have him in her life.

She giggles and looks at him as his face gets a little flushed and he seems to be getting a little bit scared. She was weird and she thought that it was really cute.

She laughs. "Yes um Portland and tomorrow. Hmm I have no idea whatevsoever why your hurt is racing and your palms are sweating. I just have no idea." She says feigning it pretending like she has no idea what he is talking about. "Yes my Daddy is in Portland." She giggles trying to fake him out. "Ready for what? I don't get it." She says pretending.