FUCKHEAD!: A No More Heroes™ RP (I smell a Reboot/Continuation...)

Started by Iblis121, May 14, 2012, 08:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iblis121

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=142086.0">OOC Thread</a>

The Story Thus Far...

Under Construction. IMPORTANT!: This RP takes place a year after Travis and Sylvia are reunited, which means it takes place three years after the defeat of of Jasper Batt Jr. BE ADVISED, THE TIMESKIP IS THREE YEARS.

Character Profile

[float=right][img padding=8] Assassin Image [/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Titles (If Applicable):[/b]
[b]Profession/s (If Applicable, besides Assassin):[/b]
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Relatives (If Applicable):[/b]
[b]Backstory/History (Most of the ranked Assassin's can have some fun here, unless your backstory's already been established):[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Weapon/s Of Choice:[/b]
[b]Abilities & Powers (If Applicable)/Combat Skills:[/b]

Taken:

Travis Touchdown/Jeane (Cat)/Thunder Ryu - Iblis121
Bad Girl - Brittlby
Harvey Moiseiwitsch Volodarskii - Revenent
Kimmy Howell - Carlissa
Nathan Copeland - Styx26

Availible:

Sylvia Christel
Jeane Cooldown/Christel
Henry Cooldown
Jeane Touchdown
Helter Skelter
Death Metal
Dr. Peace
Shinobu
Destroyman
Holly Summers
Skelter Helter
Charlie Macdonald
Cloe Walsh
Million Gunman
Ryuji
Margaret Moonlight
Alice Twilight

OCs ARE allowed. However, I would like to see at least an even amount of canon characters and OCs.

Unplayable/NPC (Wanna play one? Send me a PM, we'll talk about it):

Dark Star
Ermen Palmer
Doctor Naomi
Ryan Yamazaki
Randall Lovikov
Diane
Jasper Batt Jr.
Mimmy
Dr. Letz Shake
Matt Helms
Speed Buster
Captain Vladimir

Kunoichi

I'd certainly be interested.  No More Heroes is awesome. ^^

Iblis121

Awesome! ^^ Glad to see that someone's interested, I didn't expect a reply so quickly.

Just so people know, I plan on playing Travis Touchdown myself. Also, I'd like to bring back old assassin's somehow. You know, assassins Travis' already killed, probably via an obvious and comical reference to another game, anime or movie because this is No More Heroes and it's just ridiculous enough to be appropriate. Of course, I'm not sure how yet.

Brittlby

If Destroyman can come back, I'm sure the others can too. I'd be game to play one of the assassins. Possibly Holly Summers or Bad Girl.
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Insano

Loved the game series, so I'm definitely interested in joining up for anything related to it. Leaning toward making an OC over taking on one of the past assassins, but I'll consider the options and see what I may decide on as we go along.

Iblis121

Yeeeeeah. The New Destroymen were bigger assholes than Destroyman was on his own. :P I'll probably just let people individually decide how and why whatever assassin they want to play has returned. They WILL have to explain why their character's back, though.

Anyway, yes, glad to see interest building up. I can probably put character reservations up on the OP so that people know who's taken.

I'd prefer if more established assassins were taken before OCs were made.

Insano

*nods* Understandable about the preference on established characters over OCs. I'm mostly holding back on taking an established one since I need to re-familiarize myself with a lot of the first game assassins again, but wanted to throw my name into the hat real quick. So off to the youtubes!

Iblis121

No problem ^^ I just recently beat No More Heroes: Heroes Paradise, even though I already own and have beaten the first two on Wii, so I had an urge to make this little group RP.

By the way, I made a list in the OP of available characters and NPCs. Though seriously, if anyone has any interesting ideas for any of the NPCs, I may be swayed to make them playable, just send a PM.

Kunoichi

Eh...  To be honest, I was more looking forward to getting a chance to explore the world, rather than just reintroducing the canon characters and interacting with them.  Sorry, I'm afraid I'm pulling out. ^^;

Iblis121

It's alright. Like I said, there will be OCs, just not until a few more canon characters are taken.

I actually was hoping to explore the world a bit further, but I also wanted to introduce canon characters in order to see how they, you know, live. They all had their own lives with back-stories that were scantly explored. Plus, the characters are half of what makes No More Heroes so damn good.

Brittlby

Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues

O/O

Iblis121

Cool, she's reserved for you.

I'll give the thread a while to simmer in the request section, but after 3 or 4 days I'll probably start the planning phases and such with those who are around.

Iblis121

Three people? Oh c'mon, there's gotta be more people interested! D:

For those who've already expressed interest, I'm thinking of being a bit more lax with OCs. I was thinking, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some new assassins, with a few old ones thrown in.

Brittlby

I want this something terrible. Do you have any kind of a character sheet or should we just wing it?

O/O

Revenent

I'm in. It was hard deciding, but I think Harvey Moiseiwitsch Volodarskii is the way to go for me.

Iblis121

As soon as I can, I'll put a character sheet up.

Iblis121

Carlissa

I just finished playing No More Heroes 2. Was somewhat disappointing about the ending, as Bat Jr. was a terrible character and I didn't really like the ending Travis and Sylvia got. I never liked them as an actual couple...

Now that I got that out...

I'm interested in this, but I don't really see how most of the characters that died could come back. Maybe we could have a reference to Lollipop Chainsaw and ressurect them like that... Just an idea.

I laughed when I saw Jeane Cooldown. I might consider choosing her depending on the time period of the game. But if it's too soon for her, I would like to pay as Kimmy Howell. I always found her amusing.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Revenent

Considering my character is a magician, I think I have the easiest time saying how he survived...

Brittlby

I'm going with deal with the devil personally. After all, there is precedence in Santa Destroy for unholy barters.

O/O

Brittlby

Name: Unknown
Titles (If Applicable): The Bad Girl
Profession/s (If Applicable, besides Assassin): Mascot for the Santa Destroy Warriors
Nationality: American
Backstory/History: The Santa Destroy Warriors possess the dubious honor of leading the league in violence towards fans, thanks in large part to their mascot. Hired on for her sweet lolita curls and innocent face to fill the shoes of their recently deceased (from food poisoning at the concession stand) mascot, Bat Girl.

Unfortunately, given that they lacked the funds to hire from a proper modeling agency, given the numerous lawsuits hovering over their heads that year, the manager wisely decided to go through pictures from the local mad house. Her bloody reign of terror within the Destroy Stadium lasted three years.

Quickly re-dubbed "Bad Girl" by the fans, her penchant for giving out head trauma and broken arms to fans who didn't cheer appropriately in her rookie year earned her the fear of baseball enthusiasts throughout Santa Destroy. It was her second year when she came to the attention of the UAA, her competitive nature leading her to go to rival team's star players outside the game and beat them to death prior to game time.

Despite her lack of any real skill in combat, her sheer viciousness and need to win propelled her up the ranks of the UAA. She rested at the second spot for seven months, infrequently called to task now that she was a well known quantity amongst assassins. Dangerously mad and without remorse, she drank and killed her way through the daily grind...

Until Travis Touchdown killed her.

With a beam saber in her guts, she kept hitting him, not willing to die. At last he forfeited the match in the face of her fury, allowing her to slip into the cool blackness of oblivion. Unfortunately, she ended up somewhere slightly... hotter.

Tortured in the flames of perdition, she weathered Hell much the same as she weathered Santa Destroy, by getting really pissed off. Her eternity of raging impotently against the flames, swinging her bat at them for having the audacity to burn her was cut short.

"No More Hero" or not, Travis Touchdown's soul was drenched in blood. It was prized above all others by Lucifer, and so "Lucy" sought to speed up the acquisition process. On record as the only combatant to "Win" against Travis Touchdown, The Bad Girl seemed an ideal candidate as Hell's Champion. With the hatred of a thousand Henchmen slain by the No More Hero poured into her skull and the flames of the inferno burning in her chest, she was set loose upon an unsuspecting Santa Destroy to wreak havoc...

And claim Travis Touchdown for Hell by any means necessary.

Personality: Competitive to the point of murder, she has a need to win in all things. Given her dossier she is not above using trickery, poison, car bombs, gardening tools or STDs to get the job done, though she mostly prefers blunt force trauma. The woman herself is an alcoholic and nymphomaniac with a decided slant towards domination and sadism.

Made less stable by her time in Hell, rage was always her power and now she has the fury of a thousand men behind her own, fueling her infernal body to seek ever greater heights of madness.

Weapon/s Of Choice: She is most proficient with flames, pedestrians and her baseball bat when called into melee combat.

Abilities & Powers (If Applicable)/Combat Skills: Most of her combat "skills" come from her practice with MLB, her baseball bat a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. Trained to "homerun" a man's skull with a single swing, her infernal powers have made her considerably more dangerous. Her rage can twist and inflame her new body in terrifying ways.

O/O

Iblis121

REALLY likin' the profile Brittlby xD Still very fitting of No More Heroes. She always was an evil bitch, even by Travis' standards lol

Quote from: Carlissa on May 23, 2012, 04:15:45 PM
I just finished playing No More Heroes 2. Was somewhat disappointing about the ending, as Bat Jr. was a terrible character and I didn't really like the ending Travis and Sylvia got. I never liked them as an actual couple...

Now that I got that out...

I'm interested in this, but I don't really see how most of the characters that died could come back. Maybe we could have a reference to Lollipop Chainsaw and ressurect them like that... Just an idea.

I laughed when I saw Jeane Cooldown. I might consider choosing her depending on the time period of the game. But if it's too soon for her, I would like to pay as Kimmy Howell. I always found her amusing.

Carlissa, You've played No More Heroes, so I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from. The games (and this RP hopefully) thrive on the fact that they're dripping with ridiculousness and stereotypes. Anyone can come back at anytime, and it can be in the stupidest/most stereotypical ways. Destroyman was laterally bisected and returned as two different cyborgs. I don't see how somebody couldn't have been cloned, or sent a Double to fight Travis, or whatever.

My point is, don't think too much about it, just make up any old excuse and have fun. Want me to reserve Kimmy Howell for you?

Carlissa

QuoteCarlissa, You've played No More Heroes, so I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from. The games (and this RP hopefully) thrive on the fact that they're dripping with ridiculousness and stereotypes. Anyone can come back at anytime, and it can be in the stupidest/most stereotypical ways. Destroyman was laterally bisected and returned as two different cyborgs. I don't see how somebody couldn't have been cloned, or sent a Double to fight Travis, or whatever.

I guess your right...

QuoteWant me to reserve Kimmy Howell for you?

That would be nice, thank you.

@Brittlby

I like your profile as well, but I have a question: are you going to shine light on the (fan) speculation that Bad Girl is actually Dr. Peace's daughter?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Brittlby

O/O

Iblis121

Revenent

I've never heard that theory before. Is there any evidence behind it besides just the fact that you fight them at the same location?

Iblis121

I've been trying to think of a plot for this RP. So far, all I know for sure is that 1) I want to further explore Akashic Points 2) I don't want Sylvia and Travis together and 3) It'll be set just a year or so after No More Heroes 2.

I'm gonna assume Sylvia left shortly after they reunited at the end of No More Heroes 2 and restarted the UAA a third time, perhaps banking on other Assassins to reach number one, similarly to how she'd done with Ermen Palmer at the end of No More Heroes. That being the case, Travis is going to have retired himself from the rankings again, but still makes ends meat as a hit man, and accepts challenges when they arise. xD If anyone has any specific ideas for the plot I'd love to hear them.

Carlissa

Quote from: Revenent on May 23, 2012, 08:51:26 PM
I've never heard that theory before. Is there any evidence behind it besides just the fact that you fight them at the same location?

I don't know much about it myself. People mention it from time to time on the internet, but there isn't much evidence to back it up...

@lblis121

I approve of #2!

As for plot... Well, Travis is going to need to be dragged into the UAA's conflict somehow. I just don't see him just doing regular hitman jobs for the entire RP... Maybe it's just him trying to overthrow the strengthened UAA again?...

Iblis121

Oh, Travis will DEFINITELY be involved in the UAA nonsense. Whether he likes it or not, he's #1 and all I'm saying is that while he was inactive he was taking average hits, like the side missions in the games. He doesn't need to be dragged into the conflict because he's already part of it, but I'm trying to think of how the conflict would grow so much that he starts to actively take a stand. I was thinking maybe he wants to completely destroy the UAA. I can't help but remember the cut-scene from after he defeated Alice Twilight. He was so sick and tired of fighting for people's entertainment, maybe he wants it to just end..or maybe the UAA just goes too far one of these times and pushes him over the edge, like Batt Jr. did by killing Bishop.

Brittlby

I got an idea. Santa Destroy's new mayor is hurting for revenue and so he retro fits it into a sort of vegasesque main strip and opens the Uaa with city funds to hide his indiscretions. He has made deals w aliens devils and foreign dictators for ever more wild combatants and events. But everyone wants to see the no more hero return.

But he was arrested two years prior and put in max security. A deal is struck to get him out in exchange for his further participation in the UAA.

O/O

Iblis121

Revenent

Well, if you're serious about the whole aliens, devils, and foreign dictators thing, maybe Travis and whoever else could use the Akashic Points to get around to other countries/planets/planes of existence to kill everyone funding this whole thing and the UAA.

If he was trying to turn Santa Destroy into something like the Vegas strip, I could actually see Harvey taking Travis' side. You know how many shitty magicians would come into the city and steal his thunder?

Styx26

A. Thank you, Iblis121, for putting this up. Will be bookmarking this and thinking of a character.
B. Does anyone else get pissed off if they hear the phrase 'Gettin' your jollies?'*
C. The plot sounds sweet... If someone could unite assassins into destroying the organization they came from, it'd be Touchdown.

*If I am approved to play in this game and an NPC says that phrase, I call dibs on impaling their head with a beam sword.  :-)
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's
Patience is a virtue... it's a good thing I'm trying to be more virtuous! ^^
Quote from: Wolfling72 on December 06, 2013, 06:23:12 PM
Do NOT encourage the Padawan!

Revenent

(Hi Styx. :-) )

Name: Harvey Moiseiwitsch Volodarrskii
Titles: N/A
Profession: Stage Magician
Nationality: Russian
Relatives: Parents and a brother back in the Motherland. None of them know where he is.
Backstory/History: Born and raised in a Russian slum, Harvey Moiseiwitsch Volodarrskii didn't start out with much in life. Until his mid-teens, the only thing he had to play with were the decks of cards his father would occasionally pick up at the drug store on his various liquor runs, unable to afford much more, and probably not caring, either. Normally, for a boy in Harvey's position, this might have been plenty to keep himself entertained with, but there was one problem: young Harvey was kind of an asshole. He rarely stopped mocking anyone who didn't have the guts to fight him, and if they did, they found he was quite violent and didn't have much trouble fighting dirty, whether that meant dirt in the eye or a dinner knife hidden in his sleeve.

So instead of playing games of poker with friends he didn't have and never tried to make, Harvey took up card tricks, more than happy to corner unwilling neighborhood kids and perform for them as long as they were okay with having all of their money taken afterward. While he didn't actually go to school or experience any other skills, the young Volodarrskii knew early on that magic was his calling, almost as much as violence and generally being an asshole were. As he got older, he started putting on shows for larger, older audiences, pulling in entirely new fans every night since most of them didn't leave his shows alive. His personal favorite trick was seeing how many times he could mess up the old "saw a person in half without killing them" stunt before people realized they should stop volunteering.

Once he had reduced most of the population of his little slum to missing persons reports and soaked so much blood into the woodwork of his tiny theater that it was attracting wolves, Harvey decided it was time to find a bigger stage and came to America, becoming an instant hit with the blood and gore-loving Yankees. Of course the UAA ended up approaching him, considering how many high-profile targets he had offed during his shows without even realizing it, and he found an even easier way to get rich. All he had to do was send the target a free ticket, and they were guaranteed to not leave the show alive, even if he didn't know what they looked like.

All was well and good as he proceeded up through the ranks by inviting fellow assassins to his show, until one actually came looking for him and managed to outmagic him by leaving his giant saw device alive, an act he can't forgive even to this day. Harvey was no fool, though; after a particularly long and improvised show against Travis Touchdown and his favorite beam katana, the magician knew he would end up getting killed if he didn't just give Travis his little victory. After careful use of some fake eyes and a very convincing performance of his usual circular saw trick, Harvey disappeared from the ranks of the UAA and went off to continue performing shows and hits across Santa Destroy and the surrounding area, no longer anyone's target as long as he stayed out of the ranks.

(More to come once the RP's plot is set in stone.)
Personality: Harvey is a natural-born performer, using his enthusiasm to convince anyone to do pretty much whatever he wants them to, even if that's really just a terrible idea for them. He revels in entertaining people and pulling off tricks, or, even better, failing tricks in an even more bloody and entertaining way. Generally, Harvey just likes to be an absolute prick, play dirty, and guide people to their own smiling deaths. He also has a thing for very showy and flamboyant clothing.
Weapon/s Of Choice: Magic Double Saber representing life and death, two beam kodachi, and a variety of tricks of his trade, including booby-trapped boxes, giant circular saws, and live doves.
Abilities & Powers/Combat Skills: Harvey is an alright swordsman, though he doesn't quite match up to some of the other UAA members. His real combat skill is magic, which he can use to teleport around, release attack doves, turn the world upside-down, summon deadly contraptions, and other abilities that have yet to be seen. He also has the uncanny power to draw people into an obvious trap, and make them happy about it.

Iblis121

Name: Travis Touchdown
Titles: The Crownless King, The No More Hero
Profession/s: Many, MANY jobs.
Relatives:
Henry Cooldown - Twin Brother
Jeane Cooldown - Uncle
Sylvia Christel - Former Sister-In-Law
Jean Touchdown - Half-Brother

Backstory/History:

Travis Touchdown's past is muddled and filled with stereotypes. His parents were killed when he was young, apparently by his love (and in actuality, the daughter of Touchdown's father and another woman), Jeane, who had a traumatic and complex past, leaving Touchdown on his own. He had an older twin brother, Henry, who apparently grew up in Ireland. They wouldn't met until much later. At a young age, Travis apparently had interest in being a pro wrestler at, and later practiced the use of the sword via a mixture of his trainer Thunder Ryu's teachings, correspondence courses and videotapes created by the Master Jacobs, Shinobu's father.

NO MORE HEROES:

One night after winning a beam katana in an online auction, Touchdown meets Sylvia Christel in the local Death Match bar, where Christel ushers him into joining the United Assassins Association, so long as he can qualify by killing the eleventh ranked assassin, Helter-Skelter. Having run out of money to buy video games he accepts the job and easily snags UAA rank eleven. Nonplussed that he has now made himself a target for aspiring assassins, Touchdown only agrees to set out and secure himself as number one in the UAA when Christel teases him with the possibility of sex, so long as he can reach the top. He ultimately reaches the top, slicing his way through the most demented and eccentric assassins, including a man posing as his own father. When the man is slain by his long lost love, Jeane, he's shocked to hear her story and learn of tier relation. They challenge each other, and Travis comes out on top, assuming his title as Number 1.

After the fight with Jeane, while in the bathroom, Ermen Palmer attempts to kill Travis with his pants down, literally, to strip him of his rank. Henry slices Ermen in half before he can harm Touchdown and challenges him to a fight outside the motel. The game ends as they dramatically jump towards each other, presumably to finish each other off. In Desperate Struggle both Henry and Travis seem to be dissatisfied with the fight since Sylvia had interrupted it before one could kill the other.

NO MORE HEROES 2: DESPERATE STRUGGLE

Three years have passed since Travis Touchdown became the top assassin in the United Assassins Association. Skelter Helter, the brother of Touchdown's first victim, challenges him to a revenge bout but is decapitated during battle. A helicopter descends on the venue and Touchdown is met by his former UAA agent, Sylvia Christel, who abandoned him three years prior. While Christel inducts Touchdown into the UAA for the second time, Skelter, whose severed head was not entirely knocked from his shoulders, interrupts Touchdown, warning him that a larger plot has been set into motion. After threatening Touchdown with being "burdened by another's death," Skelter tears off his head and succumbs to his wound.

At home, Touchdown is alerted by a paper bag smashing through his bedroom window. Peering inside, Touchdown screams in horror as he discovers the head of his best friend, Bishop Shidux. Christel later calls him to discuss his next Ranking Battle, and explains that Shidux's death was ordered by Pizza Bat CEO Jasper Batt Jr., who not only controls the boundaries of Santa Destroy, but is also first-rank in the UAA. Travis declares revenge on Batt and accepts to participate in the UAA ranks once more for his late friend.

After slaying the envious Nathan Copeland and the pompous Charlie Macdonald, Touchdown is sidetracked when he must defend his own rank from the up-and-coming Kimmy Howell, his number-one fan. The two battle at Santa Destroy University, however Touchdown resorts to sparing Howell's life, instead knocking her unconscious and departing for the next Ranking Battle. A battle royale is soon organized by the UAA, where twelve assassins are vaporized by a familiar foe, Dr. Letz Shake, a sentient machine who was previously employed as the weapon of one of Touchdown's former targets. Shake relishes the match against Touchdown, even revealing how he has taken Touchdown's brother, Henry Cooldown, prisoner. Shake is destroyed and Cooldown, encased in a frozen shell, is taken to Touchdown's motel home to recover. Shinobu, a young assassin previously spared by Touchdown, returns to profess her admiration and love for him, and confesses to killing two ranked assassins, Million Gunman and the resurrected New Destroyman, to assist Touchdown in climbing the ranks. Travis refuses her, however, and she solemnly departs.

When Touchdown begins challenging his own passion and remorse for his cause, he encounters Alice Twilight. Twilight feels similarly exploited by the UAA and for this reason, has abandoned the real world for an ascetic life in one of Santa Destroy's Akashic Points. Touchdown reluctantly deals the finishing blow to her. Enraged by Twilight's death and coated in her blood, Touchdown argues with Christel and fails to realize his beam katana searing through her glove. The assassin's threats to collapse the UAA are ignored, and even mocked by Christel. Nevertheless Touchdown proceeds to Ranking Battle 1, where he plans to mark his revenge and bring an end to the entire UAA system.

Jasper Batt Jr. awaits Touchdown in his office, where he pilots a hovering car. Here he reveals his reason for aiming to destroy Touchdown's life – three years prior while Touchdown was contracted for assassinations by K-Entertainment, he murdered Batt's father and two brothers. Making matters worse, Batt's butlers unveil the heads of Christel, Cooldown and Shinobu on silver platters. In a blind rage Touchdown attacks Batt and is overwhelmed, but he is saved when Cooldown, alive and well, smashes through the office window to protect him. Touchdown is then able to form a strategy, outdoing Batt in his transport and surviving his drug-induced superpowers. In a ditch effort Batt takes on the form of an air balloon, prompting Touchdown to dive from the safety of the building to combat Batt in the air. Touchdown destroys Batt once and for all, but plummets from the skies over Santa Destroy. Before impacting with the concrete, Christel snatches him aboard the Schpeltiger II and takes him back to the motel.

After a short amount of time, Travis searches for Sylvia, finding her in the Heaven's Smile brothel, located in a nearby town. He frequently visits her, now employed in one of the establishment's peeping rooms. For some time she has been recapping Touchdown's story to her visitor, unaware because of a one-sided glass pane that he in fact is Touchdown himself. Finally, Touchdown breaks his silence and vouches to return to Santa Destroy with Christel, in hopes of rekindling their relationship. Old dogs don't learn new tricks, though. Not even downward ones.

NOW...

Travis and Sylvia's time together is short lived to say the least. It doesn't take long for Sylvia to tire of Travis and his lifestyle and she leaves soon enough, just as she'd had a habit of doing when married to Henry. Unlike Henry, however, Travis doesn't accept this as just a part of who she is, and decides that their relationship is over, if it can even be called that. He returns to the life of an assassin, killing just enough to sustain his bloodlust and rental bill, and being reknowned throughout Santa Destroy as The No More Hero, cleaning the streets of the earth's scum, and occasionally fighting for his life in Ranking Matches whenever an up-in-commer approaches.

When there is a change in government, however, the new Mayor of Santa Destroy orders for the arrest of Travis Touchdown, claiming that he must pay for his crimes, regardless of how much better off the streets of Santa Destroy were with him on the job. It was a grueling and bloody task for the new Secret Police Force of Santa Destroy, but after scads of bodies fell around the Motel "NO MORE HEROES", and the parking lot filled an inch high with blood, Travis's strength finally failed him and he was captured.

With the slaying of Cloe Walsh a year previous, and with the new, strict government taking charge of Santa Destroy, the Prison Island Akashic Point had been revitalized and expanded, and now served as a High Security Penitentiary for the unsavory criminals of Santa Destroy. Travis was brought here to serve his sentence, a harsh (but reasonable) punishment of imprisonment for life. It didn't long for his jailers to learn that him theire was a mistake. He easily managed to escape his bonds after a few days, and freed several prisoners, causing a riot. Why? Simply because there was no anime, video games or porn. It was only when he was granted these things that he settled down, and acted like a good prisoner.

While he is sleeping one night, he is jumped by several security guards and bound in several sets of specially designed shackles just for him. His life there became hell, and he yearned for his freedom. There were people to kill and hentai DVDs to beat off to, but as time passed, he found himself loosing hope, while keeping his game face on, of course, and antagonizing everyone around him.

He was surprised to hear about the deal the Mayor struck with the Warden, however. His freedom in exchange for bloodshed. The thought of fighting for the entertainment of the masses again certainly didn't please, but dealing with that was much easier and much more enjoyable than sticking around. He took the deal, and was promptly let out, though Santa Destroy changed so much in the short amount of time he spent in the slammer. The place looked like Vegas! Everywhere he looked, casinos, strip clubs, brothels and Death Match Bars. Save for several key places, including his beloved motel, Santa Destroy was nothing like it used to be.

Personality: While Travis displays crude, punkish and immature behavior, and is especially cruel toward the male assassins he fights, he displays normal and decent behavior whenever he isn't on the job. Travis is relatively calm about killing people, and has been shown to be sexually stimulated by it in Desperate Struggle. In his starting days of the first No More Heroes, killing women made him feel uncomfortable, until Holly Summers told him that all assassins, no matter what gender, must die when they lose. He is capable of being touched by people's emotional and personal experiences, seeing that he didn't seem entirely settled after killing Dr. Peace, whose daughter was estranged from him. Travis also has a certain amount of honor and respect for people he believes to be "true warriors" as he tries to spare the assassin Ryuji in Desperate Struggle, and soon shows a great deal of his humanity after the death of Alice Twilight, weary of the arranged manslaughter he accidentally promoted and by the various corporations that took advantage of it. Touchdown is very driven to prove himself, is shown to be highly intelligent and a quick learner, and can be surprisingly witty and even poetic. Touchdown takes his friendships very seriously as well, as evidenced by his quest to avenge the murder of Bishop Shidux, after which he seems to learn something about the repercussions that death has on others aside from the one being killed. Admittedly, however, he begins yearning for the power to take life during his time on Prison Island.

Weapon/s Of Choice: Beam Katanas of various shapes and sizes, as well as his own, personal giant robot, a replica of the Glastonberry from Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly.

Blood Berry - The first beam katana Travis owned. He won it in an online auction, and after learning how to wield it decided to become an assassin to make some extra cash.
Tsubaki Mk. III "Camellia Mk. III" - After recovering Thunder Ryu's beam katana, the D.O.S., Travis brought it to Dr. Naomi, who used to to to create the Tsubaki Mk. III, the third version of the Tsubaki prototype beam katana. Between No More Heroes and Desperate Struggle, Travis returned the blade to Naomi so that she could finalize the prototype. "Camellia" was the name given to the final product, which she purposely weakened in order to continue Travis' business with her.
Peony - Along his second ascension through the ranks of the UAA, Dr. Naomi designed a revolutionary beam katana that grew and shrunk with the Ki or it's user. This was the Peony, a massive beam katana that made up for in raw power what it lacked in speed.
Rose Nasty - The Rose Nasty are a pair of curved beam daisho, that is, the left katana is shorter than the right. Bishop Shidux left them to Travis in his will, and had them delivered to Shinobu, who relayed them to Travis. They are the antithesis of the Peony, relatively weak, but light, enabling Travis to handle them quickly.

Abilities & Powers/Combat Skills: Touchdown is a very formidable assassin, being skilled in the art of swordplay and physical combat. After becoming acquainted with Randall Lovikov, the town drunk, Travis learned many special techniques that compliment his fighting and questing skills. His former experience of pro wrestling allows him to use a great variety of wrestling moves to take down foes, as well. At times of incredibly stress, physical trauma, or intense and sadistic euphoria, Touchdown is able to snap into what he refers to as his "Dark Side Modes," which leave him physically drained for a moment after each use. There are 2 main modes into which he can shift, both of which are named after moves from his favorite Moe anime, Pure White Lover Bizarre Jelly:

"Strawberry on the Shortcake" - Triggered by intense pain and near death experiences, Travis' hair begins to glow gold, much like that of a Super Saiyan, and his katana becomes charged beyond it's threshold. His movements cannot be followed by the untrained eye, and his attacks become devastating.

"Cranberry Chocolate Sundae" - Triggered by the euphoria Travis feels when killing, the color drains from his body, his attacks are strengthened exponentially. He menacingly approaches opponents, taunting them and executing them in the most brutal ways he can find.

In addition, Travis also posses near superhuman durability, having survived gunshots, grenades, chainsaws and even impalement with little permanent damage done to him, if any. His reaction timing is also beyond human, exemplified by his ability to deflect bullets with his beam katana. He also seems to be very lucky, always saved at the last moment whenever his life is on the line.

Iblis121

Quote from: Styx26 on May 24, 2012, 12:25:00 AM
A. Thank you, Iblis121, for putting this up. Will be bookmarking this and thinking of a character.
B. Does anyone else get pissed off if they hear the phrase 'Gettin' your jollies?'*
C. The plot sounds sweet... If someone could unite assassins into destroying the organization they came from, it'd be Touchdown.

*If I am approved to play in this game and an NPC says that phrase, I call dibs on impaling their head with a beam sword.  :-)

Styx, no need for thanks ^^ I'd been wanting to play a No More Heroes RP since I joined the website, but nobody seemed interested. Guess I was wrong, though xD As it seems there really ARE some fans of the series out there. Glad to have you and everyone else aboard!

I totally remember them saying that, like, all the time in the second one. All I heard in the first one was "MY SPLEEEEN!" And I loved it xD. 'Gettin' your jollies?' got annoying, but it makes sense, since Travis practically gets off to violence in the second one. Don't worry, though. If anyone says it, you get first dibs on em' lol

Anybody interested in being Co-GM of this game with me? This the first group game I've started, and I wanna make sure I don't mess it up, heh heh.

Brittlby

O/O

Iblis121

Brittlby

O/O

Iblis121

Knock yourself out lol No argument from me. Hell could maybe even come up as an Akashic point later one. Part of it, Anyway, since the Akashic points always seem so isolated.

Brittlby

I'd say make Burt Reynolds the mayor, but he's already the mayor of Steelport. *lol*

O/O

Iblis121

Revenent

I don't get all the SylviaxTravis dislike. I mean, sure, they weren't great, but they were the only two who were suitably fucked up enough for each other. Shinobu is too nice and (relatively) normal for Travis.

By the way, if no one else joins up, can we each NPC a couple assassins just for fighting or whatever? I don't really have anyone in mind, but I figure that would help fill out the ranks.

Iblis121

I personally like the whole TravisXShinobu pairing xD They're both really violent and have their own skewed ideas of what 'honor' in. Plus, I think seeing Captain Otaku with a katana wielding school girl is more appropriate, anyway xD. That reason he gave for not getting with Shinobu seems like BS, anyway. Being a "pervy teacher in a porn" seems like something he'd appreciate LOL

But yes, if no one else joins up, I'll make a few of the assassins NPCs. I also have an idea for a new ranked assassin. Well..they're really a group and I think fighting them would REALLY mess with Travis' head xD

Revenent

Let me guess...are they female and themed around fruit?

Iblis121

No! That's a stupid idea...

...Actually, yeah. lol A trio of women cosplaying as his favorite anime characters. And, ya know, trying to kill him. I haven't thought of individual powers or anything, it was just an idea.

Iblis121

Once Styx, Carlissa and Insano submit their characters, we can get this thing started.

Also, is it me, or are there no longer any formatting options for replies?

Revenent

Which options do you mean? I don't see any missing.

Iblis121

Luckily, photobucket already provides the IMG code.

But yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is. It's probably just my computer or something..

Revenent

Weird, I have them all. Maybe you should check your profile settings.

Carlissa

I suddenly found myself without a computer, so it might be a little while before I can make my profile... TT.TT

The problem I have with Travis/Sylvia pairing is that it kind of feels... not right to me (better choice of words needed, I know). They were never appealing to me as a romantic couple because, ever since the first game, their relationship was solely based on sexual desire and manipulative motivations (Travis and Sylvia respectively). I was actually perfectly comfortable with this, as this relationship reflected both of their personalities very well. But at the end of the second game, when they develope genuine feelings for each other, it just felt so... wrong and uncomfortable.

I'm not saying that I don't want the characters and/or their relationship to develope, or that I can't see Travis be something more than a sex-hungry otaku, but the way that it happened, I just didn't like it. I would have rather seen Travis realize what a bitch Sylvia was and turned against her than fall in love with her AFTER the fact he realized what an evil, manipulative witch she was.

I'm not very good at explaining my opinions, but I really think that making them a genuine couple was the wrong way to go.

Iblis121

It's fine, we'll wait for you. And don't worry about your explanation xD I get what you're saying.

Honestly, I just don't like Sylvia as a character. At all. Period. On the flip side, Travis is fuckin' AWESOME. I'd rather not see them together.

PLUS, you're totally right. I thought the way the relationship happened was just weird. I didn't think it wrong and uncomfortable, I just don't think Travis is the type of person that would overlook just how much of a bitch she is. Hell, he got pissed off at her more than a few times throughout the series. I'd have liked to seen her decapitated.

On another note, I can see my formatting options in the replies again. WOO!

Carlissa

I liked Sylvia for the character that sh was. Her personality is obviously one that is supposed to get on someone's nerves, and that she was a character that you were almost obliged to dislike in one way or another. But she did it so well that you have to give her credit. I'm not saying that she is my favorite character, or even close to that area, but she plays her part well.

I wouldn't say I would have her decapitated, but I would have liked to see Travis hurt her in a serious way at the end of the game. I would have LOVED to see Travis make that bitch suffer!

By the way, when you said that the story was taking place one year after NMH2, did you mean one year after Bat Jr.'s death, or one year after Travis found Sylvia? I read somewhere that there was a time gap of a couple years between Bat Jr.'s death and the epilogue, but I'm not sure if it was stated in the game...

Iblis121

I meant a year after Travis and Sylvia got together. I never heard about the time-skip :[

Revenent

To reply to something said earlier, I don't think Shinobu is nearly murder-hungry enough to be Travis' girlfriend, if at all. If you think about it, the only reason she was in the UAA in the first game was to track her father's killer, and the only reason she showed up in the second game was to help Travis out, so it was never really killing for fun for her.

I also don't think Travis would have ever, EVER killed Sylvia on purpose, either, or done her real harm, no matter how much the player hates her. He already claims to not like fighting women, and the only reason he starts killing his female opponents is because that's what assassins do. I don't think he would ever kill a women who's not an opponent. I mean, give the guy some credit, he doesn't just go around murdering for the hell of it, he keeps it on the job.

Although I don't know why I'm bothering to analyze these characters so much. As much as No More Heroes is one of my favorite games of this console generation, it also represents the downfall of Suda51, at least from my view. Before NMH, we had games like Killer7; Flower, Sun, and Rain; and The Silver Case. Now we have games like Shadows of the Damned and Lollipop Chainsaw.

Iblis121

I don't think Travis would ever have killed Sylvia, either. I said I would have LIKED to see to seen her decapitated. I realize he has a problem with killing women, and I don't think he'd kill an unarmed...er...innocent (Even though Sylvia's anything but innocent.) When he's not 'on the job,' Travis is pretty normal.

Also...you realize Goichi Suda and Grasshopper Manufacture's first games were wrestling games, right? Super Fire Pro Wrestling. I highly doubt the release of more action oriented games is some signal of their downfall, especially since Shadows of the Damned was good, despite the shallow storyline.

Revenent

Well, yeah, you take what you can get early on, but that's not actually what I was talking about. Suda used to be a much deeper developer than he is now, where he just seems to be pumping out wacky game after wacky game. I miss games like Killer7 and Flower, Sun, and Rain because they had absurd and funny moments, but they were also able to have intriguing, usually incomprehensible storylines, memorable characters, and generally just had more going for them than just being weird. Now it just seems like Suda fulfills his wackiness quota with each game and calls it a day.

For the record, though, as much as I was looking forward to it, I have a deep resentment toward Shadows of the Damned, even if it wasn't horrible. It was just a waste of a purchase. The combat was repetitive and never got very challenge, the environments were samey, the storyline and characters, as you said, were shallow, and the final boss fight was an utter joke. It was the worst thing a Suda51 game could possibly be: completely generic.

Just to be clear, though, if you liked it, I don't have a problem with that. This is just my opinion.

Iblis121

Understandable. Yes, it does seem that the story lines are getting more shallow. I haven't played much of Shadow Of The Damned, but I enjoyed what I played, even though it was repetitive. It was a decent ga me lol There isn't much more going for it. I haven't played Killer 7, but I've been meaning to for a LOOOOONG time. I just could never find it anywhere in it's heyday, and right now I have no DVDs to burn a game-cube game onto lol. What I know of it, however, is strange.

That's why I like Suda51 games, though. They're weird and interesting lol S'Why I liked No More Heroes so much. But yeah, guess we'll just have to see how "Killer is Dead" will be.

Revenent

Oh, trust me, No More Heroes gets nowhere near as crazy as Killer7. They can't even stick to an animation style for the cutscenes for more than a single chapter, one of the main characters can break through walls by cutting her wrists and bleeding on them, and at one point, you literally have to shoot a dead man until his pants fall off. And the game is completely serious about it. Actually, I think it's mainly the fact that you're supposed to take most of it seriously that makes it crazier.

Iblis121

Styx26

I think I'm leaning toward Nathan Copeland, if that dude hasn't been taken yet. That'd be interesting for him to make a miraculous return to living. And would doing an OC character as well be acceptable?

*The whole Travis/Sylvia thing seemed to be about nothing else but sex and murder... if there is affection there, maybe Travis got over her, maybe Sylvia has a soft spot in her heart (or wants to hook up with Henry as well... that whole brother thing XD) Who knows?

I did laugh when Travis ran out of the hotel room screaming 'DOWNWARD FACING DOG!' It was like 'Finally!'
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's

Iblis121

No problem ^^ Nathan Copeland's free, so he's been reserved for you.

Yeah, the Travis/Sylvia thing was about nothing but sex and murder. I think it was Travis who had the legitimate feelings, because if he didn't look for her, they would've never gotten together xD

But yes, I WAS glad when Travis finally tapped that. He'd been working his ass off for 1 and a half games by then and he totally deserved to get laid lol

EDIT: Yes, OCs are okay.

Carlissa

QuoteI meant a year after Travis and Sylvia got together. I never heard about the time-skip :[

Well, it kind of makes sense that there was. After all, I don't think Travis could have found Sylvia so quickly after she left Santa Destroy.

QuoteTo reply to something said earlier, I don't think Shinobu is nearly murder-hungry enough to be Travis' girlfriend, if at all. If you think about it, the only reason she was in the UAA in the first game was to track her father's killer, and the only reason she showed up in the second game was to help Travis out, so it was never really killing for fun for her.

But she really didn't seem to mind it that much either. She killed all of her classmates without hesitation in the first game, and a lot of baddies in the second. She may have joined to find her father's killer, but she wouldn't have gotten far if that was the only thing stopping her from feeling bad about killing.

QuoteI also don't think Travis would have ever, EVER killed Sylvia on purpose, either, or done her real harm, no matter how much the player hates her. He already claims to not like fighting women, and the only reason he starts killing his female opponents is because that's what assassins do. I don't think he would ever kill a women who's not an opponent. I mean, give the guy some credit, he doesn't just go around murdering for the hell of it, he keeps it on the job.

I don't think he has much of a problem killing woman anymore than he did in the first game. He didn't show any mercy to Twilight or Moonlight, and claimed his intention to kill Kimmy but was stopped when she counter-attacked. And while I agree that he wouldn't kill a woman out of the job, I don't think that he would avoid hurting Sylvia if he hated her that much. He might not KILL her, or even hurt her physically, but he would have his way with her if he really wanted to, one way or another.

Quote(or wants to hook up with Henry as well... that whole brother thing )

They got divorced, remember? I think Sylvia is done using Henry.

QuoteI did laugh when Travis ran out of the hotel room screaming 'DOWNWARD FACING DOG!'

Is that what he yelled? I couldn't make that part out.

QuoteBut yes, I WAS glad when Travis finally tapped that. He'd been working his ass off for 1 and a half games by then and he totally deserved to get laid lol

I wasn't. I thought that I would have, but the way that it happened was just... so wrong. There wasn't any satisfaction from seeing it because he didn't really earn it. The promise was that if Travis made it to number one again, Sylvia would actually do it with him. But he wasn't even at number one yet and he still got some tail. And not to mention this was right after their little argument, and this was supposed to be a time where Travis reflected in what he's been through for Sylvia, and that she really is a manipulative bitch and shouldn't be trusted. But nooooo, he decides to sleep with her instead! All that potential character development... Out the window!

Revenent

It was "DOWNWARD FUCKING DOG!" actually. Just confirmed on Youtube.

I always read those two differently, though. They wouldn't have put that scene in, let alone the ending, if they hadn't been trying to show that Sylvia was more than just a manipulative bitch, but actually cared about Travis and was trying to help him in the long run. I think that's a lot more character development than her turning out to be exactly what she always acted like, in any case.

Carlissa

But I'm not talking about Sylvia's character developement, now am I? Even if she is important to the plot, she isn't so important that her character development takes priority over the protagonist's. If she changes, then Travis doesn't need to change. If she becomes less of a manipulative bitch and becomes softer towards Travis, then Travis' attitude towards her really doesn't change (which ultimately happens). That's how I see it, anyway. Because to me, Travis didn't seem to develope at all through the game.

Revenent

To say that would be completely ignoring everything he went through involving his position with the UAA and what they do, whether or not its worth killing certain people to become #1, and pretty much everything surrounding the death of his friend. Just because every single aspect of him didn't change over the course of the game, that doesn't mean he didn't develop at all.

Styx26

(*waves at Reverent*)

Name: Nathan Copeland
Titles (If Applicable): Former 50th ranked assassin in UAA
Profession/s (If Applicable, besides Assassin): President of an underground hip hop label, Founder of a Christian religious group that spreads their word through rap music.
Nationality: Jamaican (possibly raised in Scotland or Ireland, noticeable accent)
Relatives (If Applicable): Unknown
Backstory/History: Growing up, Nathan found that religion itself was, in many ways, a business. Whether saving souls (if they paid enough) or condemning those who 'didn't deserve it', faith had been, for many years, dealt by the hands of priests and high ranking officials like that of drugs- a quick fix for the right amount of tribute. You had power if you showed enough belief in faith.
It turns out that the less than legal enterprises, such as anything involving the mob, had a similar creed. So, with that in mind, a young Nathan Copeland honed his skills on the mic and the turntables, forming an international group of rappers from all around the world, signed under one record label; HIS record label. As the money poured in, so did all the trappings; drugs, sex, decadence from every form and make.
Eventually, Nathan grew tired of his 'gilded cage', concert after concert blending into one joyless grind. One week, over several bottles of Red Stripe, he read the Gideon Bible in his hotel room, from cover to cover. When he emerged from the room, Nathan Copeland's eyes shone with the light of a fanatic. Still keeping his hold on his music label, Nathan formed a religious group, preaching the word through flowing lyrics and heart-catching beats. People loved it; most rappers from his label willingly volunteered to record songs for his group, sometimes free of charge.
Things went on like this, until one day a fight broke out in his studio. As much as 'turning the other cheek' was part of the Scripture, he didn't want to die. Using a boombox, he crushed the skulls of the two men who were attacking each other, blood splattering on the walls and the windows.
It turns out the men were part of a group called the United Assassin's Association; Nathan had killed the 101st and 100th members of the group, and as such was inducted into the blood sport. He worked his way up, hearing a rumor of the previous number 1, a legend named Travis Touchdown, and felt his blood boiling with anticipation. Eventually killing lost the edge it provided, even with the customizations of his penthouse apartment and boombox into a place of death. He wished to obtain one goal; to die at the hands of the previous number one, the man he called 'the Crownless King'.
He is shown to revere, and possibly even worship, Travis, judging from his excitement upon seeing him and how he gets the chance to fight him. In addition to this, Copeland's general demeanor towards his successful and luxurious lifestyle, and how he wholeheartedly embraces his death at the hands of Travis, suggests that he may be depressed or weary of life and hoped to seek a way out in the form of fighting Travis.
Indeed, he did find his way out. He walked through the pearly gates, after some debate between himself and the gatekeeper about his past life. Heaven was... everything and nothing like he expected. There was peace, and tranquility. Calmness and acceptance. A quiet feeling of love and the promise of never being abandoned. His heart, though, had been soaked with too much blood to be clean and completely pure. And it was, in this case, that the fighting spirit of Nathan Copeland became one of many of God's soldiers; demons and evil spirits were driven away on the ethereal plane, back to their pit of darkness...
Until Santa Destroy became a beacon to those same spirits. After the re-appearance of one known as 'Bad Girl', one of the pit's worst denizens, there had be a counter to the gratuitous bloodshed and evil that was happening in the Vegas-like Santa Destroy. Travis Touchdown killed him once already, and there would be a thankfulness with being sent to the Almighty; at the same time, he would both want to help the Crownless King conquer the new Sin City that is Santa Destroy, and bring down the organization responsible for so much carnage on the earth.
Personality: In terms of personality, Nathan Copeland doesn't exhibit many stereotypical hip hop traits beyond his appearance and some of his mannerisms, and instead speaks in a manner that Travis describes as "mystic crap", possibly owing to the fact that Copeland seems to be very religious.
Weapon/s Of Choice: His boombox, later upgraded to speakers and microphones.
Abilities & Powers (If Applicable)/Combat Skills: In battle, Copeland uses a boombox which transforms into armor covering his arms. This armor can be extended to give Copeland's melee attacks a range advantage. This boombox can alternatively be used in regular form, where Copeland is able to fire missiles from its loudspeakers. He also uses the environment in his suite, including a loose chandelier and carpets which operate like conveyor belts, to trap challengers, although Copeland himself can be affected by these dangers as well and only creates environmental hazards whilst in boombox mode.
His alliance with the angels has gifted him with some new abilities; not only can he punch with extreme force, but using his boombox, the music and beats can be focused to become a beam of sound energy, hitting with as much force as a bullet. These sound bullets can be shot over and over with working speakers, and concentrated to a laser form using a microphone.
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's

Iblis121

Quote from: Revenent on May 27, 2012, 10:59:02 AM
To say that would be completely ignoring everything he went through involving his position with the UAA and what they do, whether or not its worth killing certain people to become #1, and pretty much everything surrounding the death of his friend. Just because every single aspect of him didn't change over the course of the game, that doesn't mean he didn't develop at all.

I believe that Travis' PERSONALITY didn't change drastically, and I was okay with that, but there certainly was a change. He did begin to question his reasons for killing and actively came to hate the UAA later on. His MOTIVES, however, seemed to change a lot over time. Later on in No More Heroes, it didn't seem like he really cared as much about having sex with Sylvia. Several significant things ended up happening that pretty much overshadowed that promise, and even when Sylvia disappeared, Travis continued moving on throughout the ranks. When Thunder Ryu died, Travis was deeply effected. Same with his battle with Jeane. And then when he fought Henry, he was prepared to die there. At the very least, his priorities change.

Quote from: Carlissa on May 27, 2012, 08:33:37 AM
Well, it kind of makes sense that there was. After all, I don't think Travis could have found Sylvia so quickly after she left Santa Destroy.

But she really didn't seem to mind it that much either. She killed all of her classmates without hesitation in the first game, and a lot of baddies in the second. She may have joined to find her father's killer, but she wouldn't have gotten far if that was the only thing stopping her from feeling bad about killing.

I don't think he has much of a problem killing woman anymore than he did in the first game. He didn't show any mercy to Twilight or Moonlight, and claimed his intention to kill Kimmy but was stopped when she counter-attacked. And while I agree that he wouldn't kill a woman out of the job, I don't think that he would avoid hurting Sylvia if he hated her that much. He might not KILL her, or even hurt her physically, but he would have his way with her if he really wanted to, one way or another.

They got divorced, remember? I think Sylvia is done using Henry.

Is that what he yelled? I couldn't make that part out.

I wasn't. I thought that I would have, but the way that it happened was just... so wrong. There wasn't any satisfaction from seeing it because he didn't really earn it. The promise was that if Travis made it to number one again, Sylvia would actually do it with him. But he wasn't even at number one yet and he still got some tail. And not to mention this was right after their little argument, and this was supposed to be a time where Travis reflected in what he's been through for Sylvia, and that she really is a manipulative bitch and shouldn't be trusted. But nooooo, he decides to sleep with her instead! All that potential character development... Out the window!

Clarissa, there are some things I agree with you on and some that I don't. Regarding Shinobu, yeah, I believe that she eventually reached a point here killing didn't really affect her much. In fact, I might argue that killing effects Travis more than her, because even when she's killing of her on accord on Travis' behalf, she doesn't seem at all reluctant or hesitant, like Travis was.

As for killing women, well, I don't thing Travis has AS MUCH of a problem with it as he used to. HOWEVER, he also doesn't seem to like killing people who are young. He had the opportunity to kill Kimmy Howell, it wasn't her counter attack that stopped him. His words were "I can't kill a co-ed.." Same with Shinobu in No More Heroes. She was young, so he let her live.

Also, Travis totally earned that sex. He DID become number one in the first game, so I don't see it as Sylvia giving him some early. She's late on that promise she made. I totally get what you're saying about the character development potential, as well, but lets be honest: If Travis HAD turned her down, wouldn't that have been kind of a break in his character? I mean, sure, he develops, and yeah, there's more to him than just anime and murder, and sex, but he's ALWAYS been kinda smarmy. I plan on developing his character a little in this RP, though, since his goals are going to be much bigger than, you know, getting laid.

Also, just wanted to tell you about Kimmy Howell. I don't think the UAA killed her, because they've never killed someone Travis left alive (Shinobu). She's probably still been around. Maybe she can be the one to kinda fill Travis in on how Santa Destroy's changed?

Quote from: Styx26 on May 27, 2012, 02:14:28 PM
(gonna come back and edit this, but I just wanted to post what I had. *waves at Reverent*)

No problem, Styx ^^ Just PM me when you're completely done, because I've saved copies of all the profiles. I'll compile them in a legitimate character profile thread when the time comes.

Iblis121

Okay, everyone's profiles are saved, except for Carlissa, but she's have some PC issues. Once those are straightened out and she gets a profile up, I'll make a profile thread and a few game threads.

Anybody have any ideas as to places that should be made into threads? Obviously Motel "No More Heroes" will be one. Any others?

Brittlby

O/O

Styx26

Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's

Iblis121

:] The stadium can definitely still be around. It can be one of those places that are completely untouched (including the writing and bloodsmears in the basement.) Why don't we make the stadium an Akashic point? It was always kind of a fucked up place beneath the surface, anyway...

Also, sure, I think Dr. Naomi's shop would be good.

Another thing. Who's organizing the fights this time? Sylvia still? Or something else? ALSO, we need, like, two or three new assassins for Travis to kill. This is about him taking down the UAA, but I figure since  he was taken out of prison to participate, he would do, like, one or two ranking fights before finally saying "Yeah, screw this."

Styx26

Sylvia organized them for the group; maybe someone in the shadows was pulling her strings?

Iblis, maybe the battle with the three otaku women be the one that sends him over the edge... ah, that'd break an otaku hard.

As for the new guys... I'd offer my NC, but I kind of don't want to die at Travis's hands... maybe there's a British guy who reminds him of Henry, or Bishop?
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's

Iblis121

So, Sylvia should be the one that the mayor tells to get Travis? I suppose that works, though we don't have someone playing Sylvia yet..

Yeah, that battle with the other otakus would probably be the one that made him tell the UAA to fuck itself for good. I generally like the idea of having him face assassins that 'hit home', so to speak. Assassins he really doesn't want to fight. I don't want him to fight Nathan Copeland in a rankings fight xD Can't have him dying again. Maybe Nathan tests him or something, to determine whether he's got what it takes, but that'd be around the time Nathan actually showed up.

So....anybody up for RPing as the three otaku women? Another person can make up another assassin for Travis to fight. They don't have to be, like, super developed or something. They've just gotta have personality really. They're fodder, unless any of you want to keep them around.

Iblis121

Just wanted to let everyone know, the Timeskip from No More Heroes 2 to this game is THREE YEARS. I figured, all things considered, that his search for Sylvia wouldn't have been quick, so two years past along his search. They got together, and then a year later this is happening.

In short, THE TIMESKIP IS THREE YEARS AFTER JASPER BATT DIES!

....just wanted everyone to know ^^

Revenent

I can take another one of the ranked assassins he fights. I think I already have an idea for it, too.

Iblis121

Okay, so I've been talking about the plot with Carlissa, and apparently there are some holes. So, I think we should talk about the plot a bit more, you know, together. That way, we can get something down that's more concrete and we'll all know what's going on.

Revenent

Iblis121

The fact that Travis was imprisoned because he as a threat to the Mayor's expansion and exploitation of Santa Destroy, then released to fight in UAA because he wasn't percieved as a threat since the expansion had already begun. I don't see much of an issue. It doesn't seem like a big plothole to me. What's everyone's thoughts?

Brittlby

He was put in prison because he was a psychopath and a murderer. The new mayor in league wiu aliens, the devil and 5 government spy agenies has decided that releasing the most popular figure in uaa history would serve to make him more popular and increase revenue.

O/O

Revenent

I think it makes enough sense,  but I also don't think it would make much of a difference if it didn't, since that's all just background/history stuff that won't really affect the plot of the RP.

Brittlby

You hit it on the head, but let me expand on my feelings. I'm glad Clarissa is so intensely invested in this setting, but it's no more heroes. It often does not make any sense. It has always chosen style over continuity. she has no computer to make a character sheet but has time to write at length about minutae that really has little bearing on the current game.

Like I said earlier.  I'm here to hit things. If there was ever a series that lent itself to fast and loose play and FUN above nitpicking, this is it. Submit a sheet and wax poetic in the ooc when we get rolling. This is currently counter productive to getting started.

We need more players  it can add them on the fly. This isn't a no more heroes forum. It's a game. Let's play. I'm only too happy to kick it off. I'm not interested in discussing hypothetical from the previous games.

O/O

Iblis121

Quote from: Brittlby on May 28, 2012, 11:45:41 PM
You hit it on the head, but let me expand on my feelings. I'm glad Clarissa is so intensely invested in this setting, but it's no more heroes. It often does not make any sense. It has always chosen style over continuity. she has no computer to make a character sheet but has time to write at length about minutae that really has little bearing on the current game.

Like I said earlier.  I'm here to hit things. If there was ever a series that lent itself to fast and loose play and FUN above nitpicking, this is it. Submit a sheet and wax poetic in the ooc when we get rolling. This is currently counter productive to getting started.

We need more players  it can add them on the fly. This isn't a no more heroes forum. It's a game. Let's play. I'm only too happy to kick it off. I'm not interested in discussing hypothetical from the previous games.

~Slow claps~ Very well put. ~Shrug~ I'm not trying to make things difficult, and really, the plot doesn't need to be deep. Nothing about No More Heroes makes sense. Why did the Mayor get Travis out of prison? Why is he openly supporting the UAA openly. Same reason a dude can buy a lightsaber off ebay. We can kick this off soon.

Styx26

I'd say that No More Heroes is one of those games that makes you go 'WTF' for many a reason. Sometimes though, even as screwed as the connection is, there is still a connection.

I agree with Brittlby- we can hammer out the fine details later on, but the basic frame work is there. Not to be nitpicky; I just like suggesting things. ^^
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's

Iblis121

Like I said before, No More Heroes thrives on it's own ridiculousness. I think we're set for now and if complications come up later we'll have a dedicated OOC to talk in.

Iblis121

So, after considering the mayor's character and such, I was thinking that we make Sylvia the mayor.

Discuss.

Oh, and also, when this game is officially open, which section do you all think I should make the threads in?

Revenent

On the previous discussion: while I agree that that particular plot hole isn't a big issue, I don't think it's fair to attack Carlissa like that for bringing stuff like this up. After all, however important plot really was to the game, plot actually is kind of important in a role-playing game.

New discussion: I like the idea. I could totally see her wasting local tax dollars on clothes, spa visits, and vacations, too. :D

Iblis121

I've been talking to Carlissa, and I'll say to everyone what I said to her.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I'm really not. I just thought she was over-thinking things a bit, but I don't wanna just toss her ideas to the wayside or ignore her. Hell, you're all part of the game, I don't wanna ignore any of your thoughts and concerns. SHE'S actually the one who thought of making Sylvia the mayor, and I really like that idea.

The only difference in the plot that I'd already thought up is that with Sylvia as mayor, her actions can be justified by personal feelings. She generally likes screwing with people.

Brittlby

I like the idea of Sylvia as mayor.

@Revenant

I never said anything about plot. You did when you said (and I agreed),

"I also don't think it would make much of a difference if it didn't, since that's all just background/history stuff that won't really affect the plot of the RP."

Plot we can discuss. Arguing if Sylvia and Travis were a good match and discussing fan rumors that have little bearing on the plot is at best, a little pointless at this stage and at worst, counterproductive.

My focus is on getting the game started, and our BIGGEST issue right now isn't the plot. We have a bare bones that's more than adequate for No More Heroes. What we need bodies. If you have friends who are interested, get them involved if you can.

O/O

Revenent

There's nothing wrong with off-topic discussion while we wait for our remaining players to put in their character apps. Like you said, we pretty much have everything figured out, and I doubt we're going to find too many more interested people, so I think it's reasonable to discuss other things. We don't really need to be in such a rush to get started. I don't think anyone's going to wander off.

Carlissa

So sorry it took so long everyone! I feel so guilty...

I changed a lot about her, so I may come back later and tweak a few things if something doesn't make sense. I just wrote things that came to my head first and made sense, so if anything is amiss, I'll fix it.

Name: Kimmy Howell
Titles (If Applicable): Travis the Great’s #1 Fan
Profession/s (If Applicable, besides Assassin): College Dropout, Freelance assassin
Nationality: Born in Britain, but has lived in America most of her life. Considers herself American.
Relatives (If Applicable): None worth mentioning.
Appearance: Kimmy has matured over the past 3 years, growing into a respectable woman. While keeping the cute, nervous look she had when she first fought Travis, Kimmy’s body has noticeably matured, now flaunting well developed curves and respectable breast and but size. Her outfit this time around is a feminized version of the outfit Travis wore when he first entered the UAA (all thanks to the guy from Planet 51, who custom-made the outfit for her). She now wears a light red jacket with tiger print going down the back, but is not as long as Travis’ jacket and only reaches 3/4s down her back. She wears an old Bizzare White Jelly underneath the jacket, which is torn and exposes some of her midriff. She also wears ripped jean short-shorts, a brown glove, and sneakers. She still has her hair in two braided pigtails, but they are much longer now.
Reference image
Backstory/History: While the United Assassins Association is the biggest company that handles professional assassination business, it is not the only organization that handles assassin activity. There are many smaller, more secluded companies and syndicates that also run their own assassin businesses, and are located across the globe. None of these associations get much attention however, as they are all overshadowed by the UAA. They are usually inferior in strength, wealth, and diversity and the assassins that are members of these associations are usually below par when it comes to strength. Because of this, the assassins are almost always overlooked by employers and the higher ups at the UAA, and it was very hard to be noticed.
Kimmy Howell, however, was one of the lucky few that caught the eye of the magnificent UAA. Winning a tournament for young assassins, Kimmy proved herself worthy with the blood of countless young assassins like herself. No one was more determined, more vicious, more blood thirsty in that tournament than her. Her climb to the top came at a surprise to the ones following the tourney, as no one expected the shy, geeky girl to go far with only a recorder in hand. There must be something more to her, they thought. There must be something driving her on, a goal that no other assassin in that tournament could stand up against.
A couple years before Kimmy won the tournament, a man names Travis Touchdown climbed the ranks of the UAA, the most popular assassin organization in the United States. At the time of his rise to the top, Kimmy had developed an interest in the assassin business (at that point, purely out of curiosity), and followed his journey since the beginning. After he became #1, Kimmy developed a deep love for Travis, and dedicated her life to chasing him.
This was no simple crush, either. Kimmy determined that in order to get closer to her idol, she had to become an assassin herself. Looking towards multiple teachers for guidance, Kimmy quickly realized her potential as an assassin. She managed to master forms and techniques that took others years to learn. She constantly neglected her studies to train and learn, and all the while becoming more obsessed with her idol. Her lust for Travis became an obsession to the point of insanity. She had to prove to him that she was his #1 fan, that there was no one else in this world that loved him more than she did. And what better way to express those feelings than in a language in which they were both fluent? The only way Travis could understand her unique passion for him was to kill him. There was no other way!
After Kimmy won the tournament, she was admitted into the UAA, the assassin organization hosting Travis, who had re-entered the assassination scene and was once again on the rise. Anxious to finally confront her idol, Kimmy challenged Travis soon after she was admitted into the ranks.
The fated encounter took place at the then-damaged Santa Destroy University. After Kimmy gave Travis a love letter explaining her feelings for him and desire to kill him, the two fought. Fighting the nervous feelings in the pit of her stomach, Kimmy clashed with Travis with all her might. It was by far the hardest battle she had ever experienced, which was expected from her idol. But she was still green when compared to Travis, and was ultimately defeated, to Kimmy’s despair. She was knocked unconscious by Travis’ suplex right after her last ditch effort to win, but not before she watched her idol walk away in disgust.
Kimmy fell into a deep depression after the fight. She had lost to her idol, and failed to prove that she was his #1 fan. Her depression soon turned into pure insanity, as her obsession for Travis went to a whole new level. She went on chaotic killing sprees on her assassination jobs, and killed anyone that came across as a threat to Travis’ life. The thought of killing Travis and anyone who threatened her love were cut down in an insane rampage. The farther Travis Touchdown rose through the ranks, the farther Kimmy fell into the darkness…
She was about to be engulfed in that same darkness, if it wasn’t for a fateful encounter with a person who claimed to be close to Travis. This person, who was no longer part of the human world, showed her the error of her ways and guided her back on the right path, the path of a true assassin. For a short time Kimmy learned from this spirit the meaning of fighting and that everyone must follow their own “path” to “discover why one must become strong”. Before the spirit left, Kimmy promised him that she would continue to chase after Travis, for that was her “path to become strong”.
Having regained her sanity (or what little she had in the first place), Kimmy devoted herself to fighting in the name of Travis Touchdown, instead of trying to kill him. After Travis was arrested under ridiculous charges, Kimmy resurfaced on the assassin scene as a freelance assassin, taking it upon herself to pick up where Travis left off and became a “protector of peace” of some sort. Aquainting herself with Travis’ old friends, Kimmy bought a custom-made Travis Touchdown cosplayer outfit from the guy at Planet 51, and requested the creation of a new weapon from Naomi, requesting that it would “look like something Travis would use”. She moved into the No More Heroes motel (right next to Travis’ apartment, coincidentally), and while Travis was gone took care of his apartment, doing things like paying his rent, feeding Jeane, and keeping the place tidy. Travis has yet to know that Kimmy lives just next door to him, but Kimmy hopes that when the time comes for Travis to return that she will be able to welcome him with open arms.

Personality: The most obvious trait that Kimmy has is her obsession for Travis Touchdown, as she claims that she is his #1 fan. Ever since he first arrived on the assassin scene, Kimmy has been in love with Travis to the point of insanity, going so far as to attempt to kill him to prove to him that she loved him the most. While she has grown out of that phase over the past years, she is still obsessed with Travis and has redirected her desires to kill him into more productive ways to express herself. She has now tried to mimic him in multiple ways, including appearance and morals. She is still as timid and nervous as she was 3 years ago however, and still possesses some of the personality perks that she had when she first met Travis (such as occasionally talking in text speak).
Weapon/s Of Choice: The Tsubaki-Heavenly Star crossover beam katana, also known as Tsubaki Mk IV. Made shortly after Travis’ arrest, Naomi custom created this weapon for Kimmy to not only resemble Travis’ weapons of choice, but also that also resembled and functioned like Kimmy’s old weapon, the Heavenly Star. A duel bladed weapon, the Tsubaki-Heavenly Star’s hilt is silvery in color and can be comparable to the Tsubaki prototype in appearance. Blue colored blades are released from each side of the hilt without the aid of a receiver. Like the Heavenly Star, the hilt also functions as a recorder, which allows Kimmy not only to play harmonic tunes through one end, but also allows her to blow explosive bubbles through the other end.
Abilities & Powers (If Applicable)/Combat Skills: Ever since she entered the assassin business, Kimmy has been known for both her skill in battle and her large amount of latent potential. While lacking brute strength and destructive power, Kimmy more than makes up for it with her great and fluid skill with the beam katana and her agility in combat. She has been trained in using dual sided beam katanas, which can easily overwhelm her opponents. She also uses large destructive bubbles at range that explode on contact, and pack quite a punch (but they are quite slow in speed).
Kimmy’s latent potential and talent for the assassin business has also made her well known among assassins. She has claimed to have the ability to learn techniques in one day that would take any other person years to master.
She is also skilled at playing the recorder.

Iblis121

No problem, just glad to see it up ^^

This means we're finally ready to start! I'll get the first few threads up. Those'll be OOC, Character Profiles, and Motel "NO MORE HEROES". Prison Island and Destroy Stadium will probably go up, as well, just because I know they're relevant.

If anybody has any ideas as to what threads should be open immediately, lemme know!

Iblis121

Alright, guys, I can't start the opening post yet, but I thought I'd just put THESE right here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=142086.0 - OOC

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=142088.0 - Character Page

Game threads will be added to the first post on the OOC page as they're created.

Pentagious666

Well this has been running a while I hope it isn't too late for a newcomer, a newcomer such as:
Name: Kix "the Sandman" Thomas
Titles (If Applicable): The Metal Storm, Dream Lord
Profession/s (If Applicable, besides Assassin):
Relatives (If Applicable):
Backstory/History (Most of the ranked Assassin's can have some fun here, unless your backstory's already been established):  The sandman is almost frightening.  He is dark and cold, most people only meet him once.  The rumors say that he appears in a cloud of smoke and summons a blade forth from it.  He whispers of eternal dreams.  The mask he wears has a permanent smirk upon its face,  A cold superior smirk akin to him making fun of you, with out a word.  Someone did find a journal he kept.

"Go to sleep, silly little world, for tomorrow you won't awaken.  I will be the harbinger of demise.  Hahaha First I'll start with the filth, then I will finish the lambs.  Jim told me that was 'unjust' but what the hell do any of you know?  I think you need to wake up and smell the blood, the decripity of your own society.  It rots beneath your feet and stings my EYES!  Well I guess it would be best to start somewhere that is approved of, that asshole Travis Touchdown." 

This journal was left to be found it was a plan to instill the sadist sandman in the minds of all.  In all actuality this is a persona he puts up to make sure people don't go to his lab.  He is american by birth, his parents worked for a governmental contractor.  He is an engineer, a brilliant man that creates weapons that will help him stop conflicts.  He is a Savant which is why the doctors say he has a few mental 'quirks'.  Though he was functional enough to be on his own he would never get past the distrust of people.  He never quite outgrew that point in life where everything is black and white.  His right versus wrong developed in such a stagnant way   He could almost said to have developed a second personality in the Sandman.  The sandman guards this secret with such ferocity, he deems that anyone who touches his mask is filthy and their lives forfeit.  However he still avoids spilling innocent blood, or at least blood he deems innocent.
Personality:Paranoid, manically depressed, delusional and dependent on evil to fight.   He is prone to self conversing and fits of rage.  When he removes the mask he seems mostly stable around people, but he works hard to hide the quivering pile of madness locked in his skull.
Weapon/s Of Choice: Currently, smoke bombs that contain a metallic filament,  coupled with gloves that allow him to direct a flow of electricity, this allows him to collect the filament in limited quantities to craft weapons, (granting the illusion of weapons from smoke) the special filament he uses allows him to create rigid structures that are capable of causing damage.
Abilities & Powers (If Applicable)/Combat Skills:  Before he drove all family from his life he had been trained in several methods of archaic weaponry.  This shows in his varied combat maneuvers in which he will switch weapons rapidly.  His only "power" is his ability to craft new innovative weapons, he figures his sandman persona will keep people at bay.
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?

Revenent

This game has actually been dead for quite a while, sorry to say...

Styx26

I'm still here and interested, just not sure where I should reply at...
Ons and Offs
RP Ideas, Characters
A/A's

Pentagious666

oh well that's too bad, they keep dying on me and I'm on almost EVERY day
Le Chevalier
Shall it be you I serve?