One-on-One: Hunter Phoenix and Sophidian

Started by Sophidian, August 12, 2010, 05:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén felt the surge of energy going into Shie and knew what was happening instantly.

"Oh no you don't you son of a mutant scum"

He got up and ran to the waters edge, punching his fists out, fire reigned down from his fists, evaporating the water in the river, unfortunately he couldn't evaporate it all and he couldn't do much else because he didn't want to hurt Shie either.

"Damn it"
Where Will A Creature Of Darkness Hide If Not In The Shadows Of The Night.

Sophidian

Shie shivered, some of the blue fading from her skin. She leaned back, and once the water was free of her fingers, she seemed to begin to come to. Her eyes flashed blue for a moment before she gasped, body shaking.

"What...? What's going on?"
Ons & Offs -- Searching for RPers -- A & As (September)

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

"Shie, are you ok?"

He knelt down beside her and placed a hand on her back to steady her.

"Are you ok? Talk to me? How do you feel? Do you remember anything at all?"

Sophidian

Shie looked up at him for a moment before shaking her head. "No, I'm fine. I just... I was just looking into blackness. I suppose I zoned out."

She used his shoulder to stand. "Let's head away from this river."

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass."
-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén nodded and held out his arm for her to hold onto if she needed it.

"I came back from the smithy to find you staring into the river, when I waved a hand in front of your face to snap you out of it, you ignored it and put your hand into the river, the one where your light used to come from and then light poured up your hand, through your arm and up to your neck"

He stopped for a moment.

"Maybe you have just gained your powers back"

Sophidian

"Powers?" She glanced down at her hand and spread it before her. Nothing came. With a sigh, she shook her head. "No. I don't feel like I have any powers."

She took his arm and nodded toward the inn. "I didn't see myself turn blue. Are you sure it's not some sort of sight you have now?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He thought for a moment.

"In the last few seconds, your skin had a blue tint to it and then it faded and your eyes flashed blue, then you came up out of the trance, I don't know what it was"

He was feeling very scared, something he couldn't explain had just happened, it could be trouble but he had the feeling it wasn't. He would just have to see and look into it more.

"If you remember anything at all, anything that has happened over the past few days, please tell me"

Sophidian

Shie was silent for a moment before shaking her head. Nothing came to mind. "No. Life has been...better now that you're here." She smiled over to him. "Please, relax. We'll be fine..."

She opened the inn door and moved to get the sake.

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén followed Shie into the inn and grabbed another tray, he yawned a little and then started making his rounds, placing cups down near the seats in preperation for the villagers swarming in like drunken locusts in need of their evening fix.

He looked over at Shie, feeling both happy and unnerved at the same time, something had definitely happened to her, he just didn't know what, he would have to keep an eye on her, for her own safety, he would not see her hurt.

Sophidian

As she served the men that day, she had a bit more spirit, a bit more glow around her, as if she were extremely happy. She twirled from table to table, serving them what they wished as her fellow servers passed her orders and more cups.

She paused by Lièrén, grinning down to him. "And for you, sir?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén looked up at Shie with a smile.

"Well, first off, would you like to join me in a drink and secondly, I will not take no for an answer"

He laughed a little and took the empty tray off Shie and frisby threw it into the kitchen where there was a clatter and a lot of cursing, but he ignored it and sat Shie down next to him.

"I better clean that up later I think"

He was smiling, he raised a cup to Shie and handed her the one next to him.

"Here's to us"

Sophidian

Shie tapped her glass against his and took a deep gulp, waiting for it to burn its way down her throat. She sighed after a moment and nodded to him. "Delicious. Thank you."

She folded her arms on the table, watching him. "So, what do we do now?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

He smiled to her, then shrugged at her question.

"I think it is best if we just carry on like normal and see what happens over the next few days, I can always keep an eye out for any signs of a demon lord coming to this world, or for the dragon awakening in the river"

It wasn't the best plan in the world, but he knew that if everyone in the village knew something was up, it wouldn't be long before they all were in a panic and worrying about a dragon and a demon on the loose in the world.

Standing, he went and got two more drinks for him and Shie, passed one to her and downed his in one go. He felt the familiar burn and smiled contently as it travelled down to his stomach.

"Ah, I always feel more relaxed after a couple of these, no wonder the villagers are in here every night"

Sophidian

Shie nodded after a moment. "I agree. I've heard we make better sake than anyone else around. I think my father had a secret in his recipe that no one else discovered." Another odd smile, then she shook her head.

"Normal. That sounds good. I'll check on the river too, if you'd like. I don't think it'll do anything to me."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén smiled and nodded to her.

"That would be great, I don't mind checking on my own, but I like being with you, so please, feel free to join me in checking the river when I next go"

At that moment, he had a blinding pain in his head strike, almost like a ninja.

"Holy...."

Was all he managed before he fell to the floor in agony, hands on his head, writhing in agony.

Sophidian

Turning to him, she made no move to run. In fact, with her hands glowing blue again, she stood there, head tilted to the side. Her eyes flashed blue again before she knelt next to him. "Does it hurt?"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén was still writhing on the floor in pain, more pain than he had ever been in, in his entire life.

"Y.....y.....yes"

He puched the heels of his hands into his closed eyes trying to stop or lessen the pain but it only intensified, making him see red and coming close to blacking out.

"S....S...Shie......please.....he....help"

He let out a loud roar as the pain reached a new height and his whole body burst into fire.

Sophidian

Shie sat beside him, placing a hand on his head, easing the pain just enough to make her speech sink in, so he could understand you.

"You know, he told you he'd make you suffer through your love. Foolish thing to do, admit it out loud, confirming it. And I, well, the body I'm in, is so ignorant that she shoved her hand right in the river. Right into the source of my powers!" The laugh that tore from her seemed almost animalistic.

"Of course, she's not very smart. Falling in love so easily, wishing you were her long-lost Tsai. You can't be him, you know. You can swing your sword and use this flame," she motioned down his body, "but your body cannot morph into the one she wants."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén Shook with fear; it was the demon!

"You'll never get away with this, even if I cannot be the one she wanted, I can do my best to be there for her, to love her, you are making such a mistake through this, get out of her mind and get out of her body, right now you piece of filth"

He tried to fight the pain so that he could look at Shie, but he just couldn't manage it, he was in so much pain, he felt like he wanted to die, but he couldn't not yet.

Sophidian

"Now, why would I do that?" The laughter, Shie's, was tainted with the cackle of a demon. "If I stay here, you can't kill me. You can't even harm me. In fact..." A hand fell to Lièrén's chest, fingers tiptoe-ing up to his shoulders. "I can do anything I wish to you right now and you'll do nothing because to harm me... would be to harm her..."

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sighed and kept the pain at bay as best he could, even though it was still excruciating.

"Do whatever you have to do to me, but do it in your own body, leave Shie and the rest of the village alone, I will fight you on your terms, anything but this, please"

He knew he was practically begging now, but he didn't care, anything to keep Shie safe and out of this, he would do it, even if it meant going to the demon world again.

Sophidian

The lingering smile is all that remained as Shie's skin turned pale once again. A moment later, she snapped from the trance and stared at him. "Lièrén! What happened?"

Picking him up, trying to get him to sit, she stared at the scorch marks on the floor...

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén sat up, the pain in his head had subsided, the demon had gone back to the shadows for now, but now he was more afraid than ever before, he had to find a way of taking the demon out of Shie without her being harmed.

"Shie, are you ok? Please tell me you don't remember any of what just happened"

He hoped she didn't he didn't want her to know that the demon lord was inside of her, all because she accidentally put her hand in the river.

"I need time to prepare, I need to break the rules and I need to do it alone, for all our sakes, it's the only way now"

He stood, gave one last look at Shie and then ran upstairs to his room, he took the top half of his robes off and changed into the sleeveless ones he always used when he was going to do some serious work. When he had been downstairs, a thought had flickered to life in his head and it was the only one he knew would work and could possibly save Shie from this ordeal.

He sheafed two swords and tied them onto his belt, then he left his room and went to where some more swords were stored at the inn and took four of them, placing two on his back and hefting the other two in his hands, he then walked out of the inn and out to the river.

Speaking arcane words that he did not understand, he put one sword down and held it out palm first towards the river.

When he finished, he stood back and watched as the river bubbled and boiled, great billows of steam rising up, he had just done the most insane thing in his entire life; he had just awoken the sleeping dragon underneath. He picked his sword back up and stood, waiting, waiting for the great beast to rise from the river and meet his challenge, if he killed the dragon, the demon lord would have to show himself.

Sophidian

Shie didn't have a chance to move before she realized what was happening. Rising, she began to walk outside, the tips of her fingers glowing blue. She knew something was wrong - something off - but she followed what path her feet trod. She came down by the river, and in her consciousness, realized that it bubbled. That something terrible was to happen.

Balling her hands into fists, she shook her head. "You cannot do this! You'll destroy the town!"

-- Anton Chekhov

Hunter Phoenix

Lièrén turned to look at Shie who had walked out to see the river, no doubt to see what was happening.

"It's the only way I can end this, the demon has to be stopped at all costs, it just changed the game and made everything a lot more difficult to solve, I have to kill this dragon to make the demon lord show himself, then when I kill him, everything will be ok again, the dragon will not get into the village, I promise"

Just then there was loud splash and a thud behind him, turning slowly, Lièrén came face to face with two orange, angry eyes.

"Hello beasty"

Was the only words Lièrén spoke before swinging at it's face with his swords, cross slashing as hard as he could at it's eyes, hoping to blind it. One of the blades caught the dragons eye, but as it did, the creature reared it's head and brought a mightly claw round and swiped at Lièrén, sending him flying across the land and landing in a heap, a deep gash in his side.

"Right, now I'm mad"

Releasing the fire magic within himself, he turned into a walking inferno, caked in fire. The flames travelled up his swords and imbued the blade with fire and fury.

"Now that the warm up round is over, lets get this over with"

He roared at the dragon and launched himself up on a torrent of fire from the ground, shooting him up into the air and towards the dragon.