Novel Questions

Started by AndyZ, June 10, 2012, 05:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyZ

I've been working on a novel for about three years now, and I'm almost at the point of revision where I feel really ready to go and that I can start doing something with it.  When I finally get it sent out to the public (whether published, e-book or whatever, I'm waffling on those and what the best way might be) am I allowed to let other people on E know so they can buy it?

There's questions of privacy on here and all, and I wanted to make sure I didn't jump anything.  I'd love to have something maybe in my sig or A/As (where I've mentioned various days as novel writing days and I wouldn't be responding) of the name and to go buy it, though it would have my real name on it and such.

Would this be against the rules or anything?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: The Almighty RulesNo personal or contact information of any sort is allowed in the public area of the site, even if it is yours, without staff permission.

Not without staff permission, so I think it would be best to PM a Staffer about this :-)

/2cents.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Elina

If it is in his signature, though, it isn't in the public areas of the site, as our signatures cannot be seen by applicants, so I'm not sure that this rule is the applicable one. 

Still, if a staff member does not respond to this thread, it is probably better to just ask Veks or a G-level.

Cecilia

Other published authors have mentioned that they are published and put links to their books in their A/A thread. 

If you have a website/blog that you are using to promote yourself, you can put a link to that in your signature IF YOU link back to Elliquiy.  For example, look at my signature here, and you'll see a link to my website--it changes depending on what my most current blog post is.  I have a page on my site devoted to where you can find my work. And, I have at least two links to Elliquiy on my site. 

If you are publishing under your legal name vs. the user name you use here on Elliquiy, you might consider that before linking if the nature of the work would be at odds with the adult nature of content here.  For example, I also write under my legal name, but that work is young adult fiction and mainstream fiction--(Not published yet!) and that blog doesn't link to Elliquiy. 

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.