News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Once upon a time...(closed)

Started by Levi, October 16, 2017, 12:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi

At the edge of a dark and enchanted forest.....

There was an old mansion, in one of the rooms of the mansion before a roaring fire sat a man, on his lap was a large book. Sitting around him on various cushions were a group of students. The man coughed his deep voice began.

Are you all sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin. Once upon a time..... Or so the story goes as he read something began to happen.

The book began to glow with an eerie purple light and the room around them began to dissolve, the group found themselves sucked into the book itself, however some of the main characters from the book were missing!

It was up to the group to replace the missing characters, finish there stories and find a way back home.....

Ok everyone it's just a rough idea for now, just to see if I get any interest. The characters would become classic fairy tail characters as traditional/dark/ modern. However you like,who ever you like.

A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

Dragongoddess

This sounds really cool.  I'll keep an eye on it.

corvusul86

I'm a big fan of Fairy Tales, so I'm certainly interested.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Could I play the Big Bad Wolf?

asking for a friend. :)

Levi

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 16, 2017, 04:58:03 PM
Could I play the Big Bad Wolf?

asking for a friend. :)

Absolutely, any character, from any fairy tail.

Thanks for the interest guys I'll get a character sheet up later on today :)

corvusul86

Do you want us to play characters from very prominent Faerie Tales (the Disney-type classics), or can we branch out into characters from some of the lesser known stories?

Levi

Quote from: corvusul86 on October 16, 2017, 11:06:07 PM
Do you want us to play characters from very prominent Faerie Tales (the Disney-type classics), or can we branch out into characters from some of the lesser known stories?

I'm actually going to try and keep away from the Disney's, and look more at the Grimm stories and others along that line.. So you can absolutely look into lesser known fairy tails

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Levi on October 17, 2017, 02:02:17 AM
I'm actually going to try and keep away from the Disney's, and look more at the Grimm stories and others along that line.. So you can absolutely look into lesser known fairy tails

90% of disney fairy tales are bastardized Grimms anyway. :)

Levi

Quote from: Cataclysmic Archangel on October 17, 2017, 10:18:11 AM
90% of disney fairy tales are bastardized Grimms anyway. :)

This is true :), and if you did choose one of those stories I would prefer the grim version over Disney :) would like to keep it fairly dark.

Cataclysmic Archangel

Wolf it is. :)  One of my favorite 'dark' options. 

Bekah Boo

Oooo I'm peeked ;3
Would a version of Thumblina be acceptable?
Or I do have another with the girl with no hands.

Levi

Quote from: Bekah Boo on October 17, 2017, 11:58:26 AM
Oooo I'm peeked ;3
Would a version of Thumblina be acceptable?
Or I do have another with the girl with no hands.

Ohh Thumblina, that could be really interesting, I'm also curious about the girl with no hands to :)

Bekah Boo

Uggg I hate having to choose....*flips a coin*  Lol.

If this is going the darker route anyways I think the girl with no hands would be best, as I had written up a whole backstory and such for the character a while back and have been itching to use her again.
That said if doubling was allowed I could also do Thumblina as well, so yea ;3

I'll send in the initial character sheet here in a bit.

Levi

Quote from: Bekah Boo on October 17, 2017, 02:23:03 PM
Uggg I hate having to choose....*flips a coin*  Lol.

If this is going the darker route anyways I think the girl with no hands would be best, as I had written up a whole backstory and such for the character a while back and have been itching to use her again.
That said if doubling was allowed I could also do Thumblina as well, so yea ;3

I'll send in the initial character sheet here in a bit.

Not sure how many characters I'm going to allow as yet I'm going to put up the sheet right after this post actually lol :)

Bekah Boo

Quote from: Levi on October 17, 2017, 03:23:18 PM
Not sure how many characters I'm going to allow as yet I'm going to put up the sheet right after this post actually lol :)

No worries ;3
I'll stick with the girl with no hands for now ;3

Levi

Before: [b]Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]
[b] Description[/b] At least a paragraph or picture
[b] Personality[/b]
[b] Background[/b]
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture?

The before character must have either personal looks, or traits that related to there fail tail character, it could be something as simple as red hair- little red riding hood

After: [b]Name[/b]
[b] Description[/b]
*Extra* please either link a copy of the story your using or outline a breif description (this is just so I can make sure your fairy tail character follows the right track)

I'll be choosing Hansel and Gretel for my fairytale, I'll also have an NPC who is the teacher/ narrator.

Okay Bekah Boo! :)

Levi

Before: Name Hannah McTavish
Age 20
Description
Personality The youngest child of twins, Hannah is used to getting her own way, she has a strong bond with her older brother. Hannah is a quick and expressive thinker, she is overly freindly and this leads her into all sorts of problems when she makes friends with the wrong people. She's a bit of a daredevil and doesn't mind trying out different sports or activities. She also has one hell of a sweet tooth.
Background Hannah and her brother Graham used to live with their father, their birth mother died when they were born, their father thought it was best that they have a female role model around and remarried when the twins were six. Neither they or their stepmother got on, and as soon as they could the twins moved out. Hannah decided to go to university to study English, while her brother got work in the nearest town.
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture? Hannah was no High- flyer but her vivid re enactments of her latest escapade drew her teachers attention. When the opportunity to attend a story telling seminar arose, Hannah signed up, thinking the extra credit would help her in the long run. She completely ignored the possibly dangerous side effect of going to a stranger's home....at night.

After: Name Gretel
Description when sucked into the book Hannah finds her clothes have changed to a green pinafore type dress.
https://www.grimmstories.com/en/grimm_fairy-tales/hansel_and_gretel

corvusul86

Before: Name Lisa Stepurin
Age 19
Description Lisa is a young woman with long, golden blonde hair and large blue eyes.  She has a prominent nose which only adds to her beauty with the character it gives to her face.  She is slim and athletic, with strong shoulders and wide hips, but still a very attractive, feminine build.  She usually wears comfortable yoga pants and cute tops around campus, although when she has time she likes to dress up nicely.
Personality Lisa is a bit shy, preferring to avoid large crowds, but people who get to know her discover she has a sharp, sarcastic sense of humor.  Lisa is a dreamer, often lost in her own world, sometimes to the detriment of her personal relationships or classwork.  She also gets obsessed with things easily, and has earned a reputation for being unreliable, as she often forgets her friends or even classes when something catches her attention.  While she loves reading, binge watching Netflix, and similar activities, her true passion is cosplay, and she has her dorm stuffed with costumes and costume making supplies.
Background Lisa's mother died of cancer when she was a child, and her last gift was a small wooden doll that had been a family heirloom for generations.  Medical bills almost drove the family into bankruptcy, and her father had to work multiple jobs and long hours to support him and his daughter, leaving Lisa alone most of her childhood.  The doll became her best friend, and while she eventually made normal friendships at school, it still has a prominent place in her dorm room, and she sticks it in her purse when she needs the comfort of having it with her.  She still hasn't settled on a major, as every class seems interesting, and she has a stack of partially filled out declaration forms for a dozen majors on her desk.
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture? She has shown off some costumes based on some of the literature covered in the classes, and it was impressively done.  She decided to attend as she's missed a few assignments and could really use some extra credit to keep her scholarship.

The before character must have either personal looks, or traits that related to there fail tail character, it could be something as simple as red hair- little red riding hood

After: Name Vasilisa
Description Inside of the book she finds herself wearing a loose white peasant blouse under a beautiful blue dress with red trim.  While obviously hand tailored, the lovely dress is made from sturdy, thick cloth unlike the material she uses for costume creation, leaving her very confused about where it came from.
*Extra* please either link a copy of the story your using or outline a breef description (this is just so I can make sure your fairy tail character follows the right track) Vasilisa the Fair -- http://myths.e2bn.org/mythsandlegends/textonly117-baba-yaga-and-vasilisa-the-fair.html

Cataclysmic Archangel

Before:
Name Gregor Steppenwolfe
Age 18
Description The cliche captain of the football team.  Tall and limber, well muscled but not overly 'jockish'.  Dark hair that always seems perfectly styled, and a smile that always seems cocky and inviting.  Boyish charm that's quickly making way into 'come hither' looks that always seem to draw the girl's attention.
Personality A cocky little git, really.  Gregor is born from money, and doesn't mind showing off with a fancy sports car and expensive gifts for his flavor of the week girlfriends.  He's the quintessential jock that everyone hated in High School; he's the Homecoming King, the captain of the football team, the star quarterback.  He's a god amongst teenagers, and he knows it.  And when he gets older, he'll take over one of daddy's businesses, fuck the secretary, and live like a king.
Background No sob stories here.  No dramatic, traumatic events.  The Steppenwolf family is old money, new to the States but originally from some small country in Europe that no one can pronounce.  Mining and import exports, now mostly just a lot of good investments and a slew of positions as board members on lucrative firms.  Daddy is old money, while he's on his third trophy wife; he tends to cash them in every 7 years or so for a new model with a healthy payout.  Gregor already assumes the same for his life as a prince of the the industry.  He's living the good life, spoiled rotten and a chip off the chauvinistic block.
*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture?  After three too many 'incidents' with fighting against some of the less popular kids, and too many times getting caught making eyes at some of the new mea.... er, teachers, the principle decided that perhaps Gregor needed to find a new outlet, Breakfast Club style.  Something that would force him to use his mind, instead of his muscles.

After:
Name The Wolf
Description The Big Bad Wolf.  Nearly 7 feet tall, all muscle and dark slate fur.  Probably close to three hundred pounds.  Sharp claws.  Red glowing eyes.  Fangs.  Rar.

Little Red Riding Hood --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Red_Riding_Hood

Bekah Boo

Before:

Name: Madeline Hessington
Personality: Timid and quite distant Madeline prefers to keep herself from others and more focused on her studies than anything social which more often than not does make her come off as quite cold, though in reality she is more anxious and fearful more than anything. Painfully quiet she is never seen without some form of covering over herself which is usually either a large sweater and scarf even on days when the weather does not permit it, as when she does speak up it's usually like a small chime of a bell and just as soft. She often flinches at loud noises or at the sounds of arguing, though when she is spoken to she does respond quite politely albeit a tad almost too innocent for what she has been through,there are many varying rumors floating around her but no one knows the full details of just what degree is actually true or not.

Background: Born to a lower middle class family Madeline's early life was fairly typical of any other, she had friends and was for the most part a happy child who always wore a bright smile for all those around her to see. For a while things were as perfect as one could imagine life to be though the first of many wounds she would face would be set off by her father's seemingly bizarre and erratic behavior as time went on. Madeline's mother was a hard working woman who did all that she could to keep her family happy and content yet with the passing years she would find her once darling husband changing in a way that she could have never expected. At first he would seemingly explode over the smallest little notion as there was always an apology and telling he simply had a short fuse, yet little by little the kind and loving man she once knew and married began to warp into someone or something she could no longer recognize. With his mood swings fueled by bouts of depression and alcohol began to intensify Madeline's mother began to fear for her life and that of her unborn child, Madeline's little brother, and the woman made a choice that would forever impact her only daughter.

In the dead of night the sleepy child would watch as her mother passed by her bedroom one last time, suitcase in hand and tears streaking down her beaten features, the woman at her wits end and knew for her own safety and that of her still growing child within her she had to escape.Without a word she would flee into the night never to be seen by her daughter ever again, as a child so young Madeline did not understand and yet seemingly to her father he did not even remotely care. Years later Madeline would ponder if her mother had the intentions to find her once she found shelter away from her abusive husband, though with the torture now turned upon her she had little doubt in her mind such was not the case, as the abuse she had been shielded from as a child now came upon her. The father and daughter would move constantly throughout the years due to her father's inability to hold down a job or statements that the neighbors around them were trying to drill into his brain, as each time she was uprooted Madeline felt the need to make connections with kids around her all the more meaningless.

Into her teenage years Madeline often did what she could to remain as studious and knowledgeable as she could in hopes that one day she could find herself in a stable position to not only support herself but her father, that despite his abuse she could not bring herself to hate him. He was merely sick in the head and unwilling to find support for such, as his mad ravings and lashings he brought upon his daughter could not be helped, despite how they left her lithe form dotted with wounds.Her most grievous of wounds upon her hands as one chilly December night Madeline returned home from what little shopping she could to find her father having a fit within the kitchen, his roaring hysteria leaving the entire apartment in shambles as he tore everything around him to ribbons. She had tried to ease her father's crazed behavior only to find him turning on herself to spew venom towards her of being unpure and like her mother who would leave him just as she had, unaware that the pot of boiling water on the stove was meant for her as he grabbed his daughter to teach her to 'repent'. Plunging her delicate hands into the boiling water Madeline let out a blood curdling scream as her father seared her hands to forever mar them and leave them unable to feel, the lengthy hospital stay as well as her excuse leaving no investigation to be had, it was ruled an accident and even now Madeline still has no feeling within them. With a hefty amount of focus and practice she can use them albeit slowly and carefully, as they still pain her and have left her once creamy skin a cruel and heated reminder of just how deranged her father truly was.
*Extra*  Madeline is exceptionally bright as she takes her studies very seriously in an effort to make sure she can get as many grants and scholarships as she can given her family status, though many speculate it is also an effort to help her open up more in a more fantasy fueled setting that could ease her social anxiety.

After:

Name: Emelie
*Extra* http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm031.html

Levi

All fab profiles guys, I've opened a OOC https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=277015.0

So I'll see you there! :)

BlueEyedBard

Hey there! If you all still have room it like to submit a cs.

Before:

Name Tim Morgan
Age 19
Personality Tim is very personable and gets along with anyone easily. He's also known to be very charming when he wants something.
He is very quick and very smart. A bad combination when he sets his eyes on something he wants. Especially if that something is in the possession of someone he doesn't feel deserves it.
Background To call Tim a thief was really not very respectful of his art. If he was going to coin a phrase he would prefer "Con-artist", it sounded sexier. But of course he had to work his way up to that.

Growing up Tom's parents had always been honest, hard working people, and strict as anyone could hope for. To their dismay, they noticed their young son had a penitent for telling stories over the truth. But it was when those little fingers turned sticky that they had enough.
Rather than talk to, or attempt to reform their child, they decided to cut their losses and sent him away to live with his uncle, who owned a laundromat. If he couldn't be a productive member of society, at least he could learn to run a respectable business.

Until, as most well intended plans do, the plan backfired. Tim's uncle was a wealthy man, but not because of clean clothes. It didn't take long for the boy to realize that most of the laundering done in this place was of money.
The laundromat was a front. A cash based business that he could funnel the money from various other sources into. Numbers were his main business, but he also made a fair amount on drugs, and was even known to be a safe spot to find a lady of the night.

Believe it or not, this did nothing to dissuade Tim's less than honorable proclivities. In fact, over the years he just got better, and better. Eventually he developed his skills beyond just swiping things here and there, to creating elaborate cons to wield the most return for his work.
His most triumphant moment was during his high school graduation, when he convinced the richest kid in his school that the only way to get out from under his daddies thumb was to become financially independent himself, and the best way to do that was to cash in this winning lottery ticket he has. After all, he wasn't old enough to cash it in yet. He was, however, willing to trade it, if the rich kid signed over his new convertible to him...

*Extra*  out of all the students in the class why has yours been chosen for this extra curricular lecture?
While Tim could never be convicted of any crime, his guidance counselor at least recognized that if he was kept busy, he was less likely to get into trouble. They hoped the story telling class might appeal to his creativity, and give him another interest.

After:

Name "Stranger" Timothy "Tim"
*Extra* please either link a copy of the story your using or outline a breif description (this is just so I can make sure your fairy tail character follows the right track)
The Master-Thief
"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Levi

Hi BlueEyedBard. Really interesting story you've chosen for you character. I've only just set up the ooc yesterday so please join us. I'll be getting the main topic post up later on today :)

LamentingQuill

Dibs on Snow White. Is it possible to already exist in the world and provide help to the new arrivals?

Levi

Quote from: LamentingQuill on October 19, 2017, 01:35:41 AM
Dibs on Snow White. Is it possible to already exist in the world and provide help to the new arrivals?

Absolutely! I think that be great, don't forget she would have her story to be as well though :)