News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Where Awards are won

Started by Primarch, January 09, 2013, 09:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

The Oscar
The Grammy
The Tony
The Emmy

These are some of the awards people pretend to receive while holding a shampoo bottle in front of the mirror before a shower when you were eight....and eighteen...and this morning. These are the awards people aspire too. Every now and then you see someone get one of these and someone will comment "I wonder how many people in Hollywood she had to sleep with to win that!" or "I'd say he had to swallow his pride to win that!" Naysayers and people that don't agree with the winner always have some comment to make. Little do they realize how spot on they are.

In fact, its an annual event. Be it Theatre, Music, TV or Film there are beautiful and prestigious men and women that are willing to do anything to win one of the most coveted awards on the planet. Maybe they're new on the scene and want something to give their career an early boost or maybe they just think it would be nice to be on top before bowing out of the industry. There are also powerful men & woman that can pull strings or directly influence who gets an award. The scandals only begin at the Casting Couch.

The League is a collection of people that can make things happen, awards are for the taking if the people wanting them are too. Once a year this gathering hosts an annual event, a weekend in a snowy mountain retreat where musicians, actors and actresses can appeal for any award they desire.

The idea for this game is something akin to the Casting Couch scenario, albeit instead of a naive actress and the director that can make her career its a weekend orgy of the already famous doing what it takes to get their industry of choice to recognise their achievements. Or just take a short cut to get one. Players take up the people that can make it happen & the performance artists willing to put out to get a reward. While generally games use fictional characters for the purposes of this game, it occurred to me that people may wish to use actual celebrities, or a mix. Which I'm entirely not against.

Before I put up a character sheet and commitment to the game (which I'm quite interested to do, by the way) I'd like to see how much interest there is. So there we go. Interest? Comments? Suggestions? Questions? Please feel free.   

Primarch

gsptGoddess

I'm interested and calling Olivia Wilde. :D

1SAZ

eiselmann

I rp'ed an idea similar on another site several years ago...not about awards as such but certainly involved power people ensuring celebrities did as they were told....loved it ,so I hope this story kicks off

So I'm definitely interested would prefer to play one of the power people
260916 Sigh, on the back end of my laptop dying last week and getting a new one delivered, we now have had some local flooding where I live....fortunately for me no major damage since my house is a few feet above ground, however my back yard looks like the swimming pool I don't have ...so might take a day or two to get back to posting

The Betrayal at Yalta, one of the main reasons the world is the mess it is today

My ons and offs link

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=254364.0

Faustus

Tentative interest, if only because I'm uncertain how my preference for playing certain celebrities would be taken...

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

Primarch

3 ladies & 3 gents thus far? For a game I was about to say "guess there's no interest" this really turned around. Very pleased.

Primarch

Quote from: gsptGoddess on January 10, 2013, 11:35:01 PM
I'm interested and calling Olivia Wilde. :D

An excellent choice! I was hoping we'd see her :D

Quote from: Faustus on January 11, 2013, 01:12:24 AM
Tentative interest, if only because I'm uncertain how my preference for playing certain celebrities would be taken...

What do you have in mind?

Anything I can clear up/answer/take into consideration to get those maybe's and tentative interests involved?

Primarch