Cyberpunk 2020

Started by Doomblade403xxx, October 02, 2017, 03:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doomblade403xxx

The year is 2029

The world landscape has shifted away from governmental entities and towards corporate powers. Politicos and world leaders are often puppets to major corporations. EBM controls most all computer terminals, data transfers, and internet services worldwide. Militech and Arasaka's troop strength excede or equal any other military forces on the planet. Raven Microcyb and Biotechnica are the world leaders in 'self improvement' allowing citizens to improve themselves through cyber or biological enhancements.

Hostility is everywhere. Guns and cyberware are vital in the preservation of life in the gritty streets, and the wilds alike. Call the cops? An officer on a city payroll could get hurt trying to mess with the dangerous vermin on the streets. You are on your own chummer. In the Corporate zones things are a little better. They clear out the gangs and keep their patrons safe while making a healthy paycheck....but that's not your life. Your life is making your own justice because no one will do it for you.

Drugs run rampant. Some are fairly harmless while others are deadly. Most people work hard, and party even harder. Modern drugs making Heroin, Coke, and Meth seem like tic tacs in comparison.

Your home is Night City. The city center is made up of skyscrapers and neon glow advertising. Virtual billboards assault your senses, selling goods and services from every corner of the district. You can buy and sell anything here. Guns, Ammunition, Clothes, Food, Cars, Cyberwear, Spare parts, every service you can imagine, and even people if know the right scumbag. Crime is everywhere and the streets are filled with two types of people.

Predators and Prey

You make your money however you can. With the majority of the city out of work or scraping by on part time wages. Edgerunning is how you make your living. If someone has something dangerous, or sketchy to do, then it's you who gets the call. One day you might be delivering an unknown package to some sketchy character. The next you might be killing someone's rival.

What Can players expect from this game?

I am a storyteller and like to tell tales of epic heroism in this futuristic setting. Cyberpunk is a great universe with alot of potential for roleplay and adventure. You can expect exactly what you put in. A fluid story that will take you to the razors edge and back again.

What System will we be using?

A hybrid system that is Cyberpunk 2020 and Interlock Unlimited. Of course we are going to make characters, but we are going to keep the dice rolling to a minimum, or even eliminate it altogether. It always seems dice conventions on the boards slow things down. On this ride we want to be moving. Like a great white cruising the ocean. A fight could be won or lost, but it will be fair and pertinent to the story. I am open to the idea of a roll20 site so you can make die rolls or we can do them here. The character you make is really more of a template. A guidemap for me as the gm in regards to your skills and motivations.

What about sexy time?

Yeah of course there will be. You can interact with pcs and npcs alike. The people you meet will be just like you and just as diverse. Night City is a melting pot of people. Any race or culture could be found, as well as just about any sexual proclivity. In 2020 those doors are open wider than they are now. While no one announces their kinks, generally people don't hide them either. I encourage you to have fun in all ways possible. Be cool to one another in the process and stay within your partners limits.

How active is this game?

Well I log in most every day to cruise for npc pics from the finders and seekers files and to see what manner of games people are proposing. With that said I would say that your interactions with people in the world as well as the world itself could be answered very quickly. The slow times would likely be the weekends when I work Friday through Sunday.

What kind of character can I play?

What can you dream up? A bounty hunter. Professional soldier {solo}. A techie. Netrunner. Corporate. Nomad. Literally anything your heart desires can be made to work. Interlock Unlimited offers many more roles and allows for much more parity between them. This is not to say someone can't take more than one. For instance a corporate who moonlights as a solo could have both resources and combat sense. A Techie could be a stripper as well and have both special abilities for those roles as well. One one has to be the dominant and the other at half the primaries level.

Character Creation Rules

You get 60 points for stats and 60 points for skills. For gear you you get you Special Ability level in cash X2. This pays for equipment and cyberware. Please keep all ranks at 6 or below. You may use the interlock unlimited lifepath to create the backstory of your character, and it's encouraged as it might give you some extra skill points.

What can I expect from you as my GM?

I believe in being fair. I believe in letting my players do what they like and make the story a living and breathing entity. Your actions will have consequences. If you piss someone off, they may come after you. What you can be assured of is that I will not godmod you. If you have angered someone greatly then we will have discussion about it beforehand. You guys are the heroes of this tale and I am a strong believer in heroes not looking like chumps. I know this is supposed to be a harsh world and anything can happen, but I choose to be fair to my players and discuss happenings with them prior to execution. You might get wounded, beat up, captured, whatever, but it will be to further the story and there will either be a discussion or warning beforehand.

This is my first attempt at running a game on these boards so be gentle.

Right now just checking for interested parties...A few players chime in and I'll toss up a character sheet and some links to character creation.

jeflint

I'm more of a shadowrun gal... but cybertech is cyber tech and I've been wanting to play some cyberpunk/future games. Count me as interested. :)

I don't know the Cyberpunk or the Interlock system are they hard to learn?

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Doomblade403xxx

It's pretty easy honestly

It's a skill based system. The skill + the stat and other modifiers and you have a total.

All in all pretty simple. I do a few things different than the main rulebook. For instance brawling and melee are the same skill. There is an expanded martial arts table I also use. Waiting for a couple bites before we really worry on the creations. But the core book can maybe jumpstart some ideas.

https://xarxasuportmutueixdreta.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cyberpunk-2020-cp3002-core-manual-2nd-edition.pdf

jeflint

oh, ok Shadowrun has sorta the same layout now. Stat + Skill = Dice pool.

So that should be pretty easy to pick up. :)

I'll see if I can drum up some interest. :D

Orange Marmalade

Also more of a Shadowrun person, but always love the genre in general (and in some ways prefer less magic, elves and dragon in futuristic settings, so Cyberpunk is cool). Keeping an eye on this but no particular concepts calling to me yet.

Doomblade403xxx

I run this game sometimes twice a week on roll20. That being said there are some storylines taboo for those type of games and suited more for a game/forum like this one. Just to fertilize the garden of ideas I will tell you the idea I have involves a human trafficking ring. The players in the active mode of shutting them down. 3-4 players seems ideal

Arcanist

Hi,
I am definitely interested. When are you looking at running?
Regards,
Arcanist
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Arcanist on October 04, 2017, 10:30:10 PM
Hi,
I am definitely interested. When are you looking at running?
Regards,
Arcanist

Right now seeing the interest level...prolly should begin the game next weekish perhaps...

Arcanist

Well, so far I’m interested in a role of a solo, or depending on make up of others a prowler. Solo would be a bodyguard I think. But depending on the type of campaign, it’s open

jeflint

In shadowrun I did the doc character, usually Phoenix Shaman and focused on keeping the party up.

My cyber boys tend towards the sniper route or riggers.

I don't know enough about the system to make an informed decision as to what I'd play but I enjoy both snipers (marksman in general) and drone riggers. If either of those are available.

nailcrosser

I'm a huge fan of Cyberpunk 2020, count me interested.

Doomblade403xxx

Looks like we have a party

ok 60 points for stats and 40 for skills

pickup skills apply ref+int

max +6 ranks in skills

starting cash per corebook

Of course im doing the shorthand.

NAME:
ROLE:

Statistics:  (60 points, Stats 1-10)

BODY
REF
MOVE
INTEL
TECH
COOL
EMP
ATTR
LUCK

Derived Stats:

Initiative = (Reflex + Initiative Skill + Combat Sense + Cybertech/Benefit bonuses)
Run = (Move Ability x3 in yards)
Leap = (Run / 4 in vertical feet)
Carry = (Body x10 in Kilograms)
Lift = (Body x40 in Kilograms)
Stun Save Number = (Cool Stat)
Mortal Save Number = (Body Stat)
Body Type Modifier = (Depends on Body Stat, Page #5 in PDF of IU Core rules)
Humanity = (Empathy Stat x10, subtract Humanity loss from Cybernetics)
Current Luck = (Luck Stat - Luck used during that week. Refills every Monday)
Reaction Total = (Combat Sense + Initiative + Initiative modifiers from Cyber/Bioware)

Skills:  (40 points)

SKILL NAME  /   GOVERNING STAT  /   SKILL RANK

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Lifepath & Values

DRESS & STYLE: (Roll or Choose page 20 in IU Core rules pdf)
ETHNICITY: (Choose page 20 in IU Core rules pdf)
LANGUAGES: (Gain Native Lang. at +8 rank depending on Ethnicity)
FAMILY BACKGROUND: (Roll or Choose page 20 in IU Core rules pdf)
-
-
PERSONALITY: (Roll or Choose page 21 in IU Core rules pdf)
PERSON YOU VALUE: (Roll or Choose page 21 in IU Core rules pdf)
VALUE MOST: (Roll or Choose page 21 in IU Core rules pdf)
FEELINGS ABOUT PEOPLE: (Roll or Choose page 21 in IU Core rules pdf)
VALUED POSSESSION: (Roll or Choose page 21 in IU Core rules pdf)

LIFEPATH (Roll for 1 event every year after Age 18 on Page 22):
-
-
-

Cybertech

CYBERNETICS/BIOWARE  NAME /  EFFECT  /  HL COST  /  COST

-
-
-

Equipment

EQUIPMENT NAME /  EFFECT & NOTES  /  COST

-
-

Weapons

WEAPON NAME  /  TYPE  /  ACC /  CON  /  DAMAGE /  CLIP /  RANGE  /  REL /  COST

-
-

Finances

SALARY = (Depends on your Special Ability Skill rank, Page 32)
STARTING MONEY = (Equal to your Salary, page 32 of IU core)
CASH = (Cash on hand for PC)
ACCOUNTS = (Electronic or Financial accounts and funds for PC, if any)
PAYMENTS = (Cost of Rent, Debt, Utilities, or other monthly fees for the character)
PROPERTY = (Property, Vehicles, or safehouses owned, if any)

Health

HEALTH LEVELS

Light (4 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: 0
Serious (8 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -1
Critical (12 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -2
Mortal 0 (16 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -3, Mortal Save Mod: 0
Mortal 1 (20 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -4, Mortal Save Mod: -1
Mortal 2 (24 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -5, Mortal Save Mod: -2
Mortal 3 (28 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -6, Mortal Save Mod: -3
Mortal 4  (32 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -7, Mortal Save Mod: -4
Mortal 5 (36 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -8, Mortal Save Mod: -5
Mortal 6 (40 Wounds), Stun Save Mod: -9, Mortal Save Mod: -6

CURRENT WOUNDS = (Starts at 0, you'll take damage sooner or later its Cyberpunk)

Armor

LOCATION / ARMOR TYPE / SP VALUE

HEAD /
TORSO /
R. ARM /
L. ARM /
R. LEG /
L. LEG /

Any questions ill be happy to help

jeflint

Is there a link for this I have a lot of gaming PDFs but when I did a search for Cyberpunk nothing came up. I know I have several shadowrun editions but there are differences between the two systems.

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: jeflint on October 05, 2017, 08:32:27 PM
Is there a link for this I have a lot of gaming PDFs but when I did a search for Cyberpunk nothing came up. I know I have several shadowrun editions but there are differences between the two systems.

https://xarxasuportmutueixdreta.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cyberpunk-2020-cp3002-core-manual-2nd-edition.pdf

The only real difference from the main book is SAs will work different. Your sa would add to 2 skills in your skillset. In other words your special ability will add to a pair of skills in your career package.

Captain Whitebread

Colour me interested as well.  I'm also a Shadowrunner by preference but I've played the odd game of cyberpunk.  Let's see if I remember the differences in jargon.

I'd lean towards a Nomad with a preference for shotguns.  If I recall correctly, the Madolorian Arms is the biggest pistol in the game (and is obnoxiously expensive).  Let me do a little research on the equipment/character design and I will probably be dropping a character in some time this weekend.....
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on October 06, 2017, 02:30:25 PM
Colour me interested as well.  I'm also a Shadowrunner by preference but I've played the odd game of cyberpunk.  Let's see if I remember the differences in jargon.

I'd lean towards a Nomad with a preference for shotguns.  If I recall correctly, the Madolorian Arms is the biggest pistol in the game (and is obnoxiously expensive).  Let me do a little research on the equipment/character design and I will probably be dropping a character in some time this weekend.....

You are talking about the custom gun made for johnny silverhand. The Malorian Arms 3516. It is a powerful hand cannon without a doubt. Nova arms also has a family of handguns that fire Eletrothermal enhanced rounds. The arno also does 6d6 and ete does not have to be the only special thing about the ammo. Can also be armor piercing, dual purpose, etc. Nomads are cool and would fit into the plot quite nicely.

Captain Whitebread

Okay.

I'm thinking a Nomad involved in smuggling contraband (drugs, guns, fake designer gear).  If that works, let me know.  If not, how does an illegal street racer strike you?

Doomblade403xxx

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on October 06, 2017, 09:17:00 PM
Okay.

I'm thinking a Nomad involved in smuggling contraband (drugs, guns, fake designer gear).  If that works, let me know.  If not, how does an illegal street racer strike you?

All of those ideas sound pretty solid. When it comes to nomads they could be smuggling just about anything from city to city and will often have alot of guns at the ready while doing it. Someone with pharma can pretty much design their own drugs for use or sale. As a smuggler type you will be crossing the wastelands of what used to be the united states to pick up and deliver. other nomads called Raffen Shiv are out there. You know as fact they are deadly and many of them are cannibals. This means you are some kind of badass to take the risk keep drawing air.

Street racer is ok too.

I love the ideas im hearing so far.

Also when I do post this game I am going to start it in the non consensual section. The main reason is because of the harsh subject matter. Violence. Sex. Human Trafficking. I think everyone is likely cool with that, but i wanna make sure its in the open.

Captain Whitebread

NAME:  Formerly Nathaniel Jäger.  Now goes only by Butcher
ROLE: Nomad

BODY   6
REF          10
MOVE   6
INTEL   7
TECH   7
COOL   10
EMP           4
ATTR           4
LUCK   6

Derived Stats:

Initiative =10
Run = 18
Leap = 4.5
Carry = 60 Kilograms
Lift = 240 Kilograms
Stun Save Number = 10
Mortal Save Number = 6
Body Type Modifier = (Depends on Body Stat, Page #5 in PDF of IU Core rules)
Humanity = 40
Current Luck = 6
Reaction Total = (Combat Sense + Initiative + Initiative modifiers from Cyber/Bioware)

-Family         --      6
-Awareness/Notice   Int      4
-Endurance      Body      3
-Melee         Ref      4
-Rifle                 Ref      5
-Drive         Ref      5
-Basic Tech      Tech      3
Wilderness Survival Int      3
-Brawling              Ref      4
-Athletics              Ref      3
P/U 17
Intimidate      Cool      4
Streetwise      Cool      4
Gamble              Int      4
Bike                 Ref      4

Lifepath & Values
DRESS & STYLE: (Body armour, bald, clean-shaven)
ETHNICITY: (European)
LANGUAGES: (German, English, Streetslang at +8 rank)
FAMILY BACKGROUND: (Nomad pack)
Both parents alive
Family okay
Grew up in Nomad pack (shock!)
Only child
PERSONALITY: Shy and secretive
PERSON YOU VALUE: Value family
VALUE MOST: personal honour
FEELINGS ABOUT PEOPLE: People are tools,
VALUED POSSESSION: Most prized possession, father's assault rifle.
LIFEPATH (Roll for 1 event every year after Age 18 on Page 22):
-Fell in love at 19
-Reconnected with childhood friend at 20
-Won 800 euros in poker game at 21
-Lost girlfriend to friend at 25 and lost all faith in humanity.  Trusts no one.  Doesn't give a shit about anyone outside his pack.

AR ammo (200)                                    80
Metal Gear               SP 25              600
Lt Armour Jacket  SP 14                      150
Pants (4)                                                    80
Shirt (4)            60
Footwear (2)            50
Tech tool kit            100
Binoglasses            200
Motorcycle            1500

Weapons
Miltech Ronin    RIFLE                                        5D6                35         400 m       VR        450     
Knife                     MELEE                                     1D6                              1 m                            20
510 cash
Finances 3000 + 800
SALARY = (Depends on your Special Ability Skill rank, Page 32)
STARTING MONEY = (Equal to your Salary, page 32 of IU core)
CASH = (Cash on hand for PC)
PAYMENTS = (Cost of Rent, Debt, Utilities, or other monthly fees for the character)
HEALTH LEVELS
CURRENT WOUNDS = (Starts at 0, you'll take damage sooner or later its Cyberpunk)
Armor
Metal Gear               SP 25              600
Lt Armour Jacket      SP 14                      150

Doomblade403xxx

Out in the wastes that metal gear armor is very helpful because it's a very lawless land. In the city wearing it is like wearing a huge neon sign that says 'call the cops on me'. Great character pic btw.

Captain Whitebread

Thanks.  From Universal Soldier. 

He's got a light armoured jacket for casual wear.

Doomblade403xxx

Let's see what everyone else submits. There is a solo and you thus far. prefer to have 3-4 chars but 2 works

Arcanist

That would be me. The solo. Finishing up the character sheet. Should get it up later or tomorrow at the latest.

Arcanist

NAME: Damien Lash
ROLE: Solo

Statistics:  (60 points, Stats 1-10)

BODY   8
REF          10
MA          6
INTEL   7
TECH   5
COOL   6
EMP          8/9
ATTR           5
LUCK   4

Derived Stats:

Initiative = (10 + 0 + 6 + 0 = 16)
Run = (Move Ability x3 in yards)
Leap = (Run / 4 in vertical feet)
Carry = (80 in Kilograms)
Lift = (8 x40 in Kilograms)
Stun Save Number = (6)
Mortal Save Number = (8)
Body Type Modifier = (-4) Dam Mod = +2
Humanity = (81 (8.1), subtract Humanity loss from Cybernetics)
Current Luck = (Luck Stat - Luck used during that week. Refills every Monday)
Reaction Total = (6 + 16 + Initiative modifiers from Cyber/Bioware)

- Combat Sense                 6
- Handgun/ REF                  6
- Social/ Empathy         2
- Intimidate/ Cool         2
- Human Perception/ Empathy   2
- Awareness/Notice / Int      6
- Electronic Security/ Tech      2
Grooming/ ATTR         2
Drive/ REF                   2
HVY/ REF                    4
Martial Arts/REF (Gun-Fu      6
Pickup skills
Streetwise/ COOL         2
Wardrobe and Style/ ATTR      2
Seduction/ Empathy         3
Hide/Evade/ INT         3
Stealth/ REF            2
Shadow/Track / INT         2
Weaponsmith/ TECH         1
Athletics/ REF            2

Lifepath & Values 
DRESS & STYLE: (Corporate Suits/ Neat, short/ Mirror Shades)
ETHNICITY: (Anglo-American)
LANGUAGES: (English. at +8 rank depending on Ethnicity)
FAMILY BACKGROUND: (Roll or Choose page 20 in IU Core rules pdf)
- Family Ranking – Corporate Executive
Both Parents Living and OK
Spent in safe Corporate Suburbia
Has a twin sister

PERSONALITY: (Friendly and Outgoing)
PERSON YOU VALUE: (Twin Sister)
VALUE MOST: (Honor)
FEELINGS ABOUT PEOPLE: (Neutral)
VALUED POSSESSION: (Piece of Jewelery)

Cybertech

CYBERNETICS/BIOWARE  NAME /  EFFECT  /  HL COST  /  COST

-Advanced Skinweave/ SP10/ 1D6+3/ 1600
- Neuralware Processor/ 1D6/ 1000
Chipware socket w chip lock /1D6/2/ 350

Equipment

- Plastech Duster (Fireproof) SP18 Fire SP20 1000
Generic Clothes and suits

Weapons

- Baretta M20-F/ HVY Pistol/ + 2 (Custom Grip, Fast Draw, Snap Shot))/ CON / 3D6+3/ ROF 3/ 15 / 50m / VR/ 975
- Holster
3 Spare Clips
Dual Purpose Rounds 200 rds/288eb

Finances

SALARY = 3000/month
STARTING MONEY = 6000
CASH = (400EB)

Health

HEALTH LEVELS

Armor

LOCATION / ARMOR TYPE / SP VALUE 

HEAD / 10 / 18
TORSO / 10 /18
R. ARM / 10 /18
L. ARM / 10/ 18
R. LEG / 10/ 18
L. LEG / 10/ 18

Arcanist

Would appreciate if someone could help with attaching a photo