Towns of Salem ~ TOWNIES, AND VAL, WIN!

Started by persephone325, March 04, 2016, 05:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

A quiet little town. A handful of inhabitants. Something sinister looms on the horizon...

The people gather in the town square that morning at the request of Lady Persephone. The townsfolk spoke in hushed whispers, curious as to why she chose to meet them in such an odd place.

"Why are we out here? Doesn't Persephone know we have a Town Hall for this exact purpose?" Myobi whispered to the people near her. "What a weirdo." She said a little louder when nobody answered her.

"Now, now..." RPGuy shushed her. "She's eccentric, Miss Myobi." The young woman shrugged in vague agreement, right before Persephone came into view and stood in front of them.

"I'm sure you are all wondering why I have asked you to meet me here." She began, making a point to make eye contact with everyone. "While I love each and every one of you, it pains me to say this." Persephone grimaced and stared at the ground for a few moments while she regained her composure.

"What's the matter, Lady Persephone?" Sunshine asked softly. Persephone brought her head up and nodded.

"It seems that some of you are not who you claim to be." She announced with grave seriousness. Everyone was silent as they absorbed the information.

"What do you mean? How do you know?" King Superior asked. Persephone met his gaze as she pulled a folded up piece of paper from her pocket.

"I found this," she spoke as she opened the paper, "next to the body of one of our own." The townsfolk began whispering in a panic to each other as they looked around, trying to figure out who was missing from their ranks.

"Who died?!" Red exclaimed in shock, her voice carried above the others.

"Our oldest, and most respected, resident." Persephone wiped a single tear from her cheek. "Our dearly beloved, Judge Judy." Once again, the townsfolk fell silent.

"Not Judge Judy!" Missy cried out and collapsed onto the ground.

"I understand that this is quite a shock." Persephone spoke after a few moments. "But we can't let this happen to anyone else. We must find the people responsible before there's no one left."

"How do we know this will happen again? Perhaps it was just a one time event?" Derwaysh asked. There was a hint of hopefulness in his voice.

"As much as I would like to believe that, this note leads me to believe otherwise." Persephone explained as she looked down at the words on the paper.

"What does it say?" Madame inquired. Persephone cleared her throat before she began reading.

"Judge Judy is the first of many.
We will lay waste to all those that oppose us.
Each night, we will kill one of you.

P.S. This was supposed to be a haiku, but poetry isn't our strong suit.

Peace out, bitches! It's the mafia!

P.P.S. In case you were wondering, our strong suit is... MURDER! LOL! Get reckt, losers!"

Persephone folded the note back up and put it in her pocket.

"What do we do now, Lady Persephone? How do we go about finding the culprits?" NightOwl asked for her guidance on behalf of the other townsfolk.

"I cannot bring myself to believe that any of you would be involved in this..." Persephone sighed sadly and finally helped Missy off the ground, who nodded her appreciation. "I will leave the power in your hands. I want you, the townspeople, to figure out who is behind this." She explained.

"How should we start?" Mint piped up.

"First, I want you to elect one of your own as a spokesperson for you all. Each day, you will vote for one of your own who you believe to be part of the guilty party. In the event of a tie, the spokesperson you elect this day will break that tie." She explained.

"What about you? Will you be OK, Lady Persephone?" Yugi stepped forward with concern. She smiled weakly and nodded.

"I will be fine, thank you. I am going to remove myself from the situation, and stay inside my home until you all sort this out." Persephone said. Several of the townspeople nodded in agreement.

"Do the survivors get a reward? Like....booty?" Remiel spoke up as he casually slipped on his eye patch.

"We will cross that bridge when we come to it, Captain." Persephone replied. Remi replied with a silent 'arrgh' as he raised his hand and curled his index finger into the shape of a hook. "Please find out who is doing this." She urged her people before she retreated into her home.

"I sure picked a great time to move here..." Val muttered.

Players
Yugi
RPGuy
Mint
Sunshine
Remi
Phoenix
MP
KS
Derwaysh
Miss Myobi
NightOwl
Missy
Val

Game Log
Day 1 - Mint is elected to be the spokesperson for the townspeople.
Night 1 - Myobi, the investigator, is murdered by the mafia.
Day 2 - MP, the framer, is lynched by the town.
Night 2 - Red, the jester, is shot by the vigilante. NightOwl, the vigilante, is killed by the mafia.
Day 3 - Guy, the godfather, is lynched by the town.
Night 3 - Mint, the investigator, is murdered by the mafia. NightOwl is revived by the retributionist.
Day 4 - NightOwl is elected to be the new spokesperson. Missy, the mafioso turned godfather, is lynched by the town.
TOWNIES, AND VAL, WIN!!
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

persephone325

The game has begun!

Feel free to roleplay with each other. Votes can be cast at any time, just make sure to BOLD the name of the person you are voting for, please!

Voting will close late Monday afternoon/early evening; 11:59pm at the LATEST!

Have fun!
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

RedPhoenix

"Guys guys guys. I got this." Red said confidently. "Mintprincess is the wolf!" Proud of herself she smiled, waiting for praise to heap upon her.

Nothing heaped.

"Oh uh, fine, fine, then persephone is the fascist!" Again she paused, closing her eyes this time to bask in the adulation of the admiring rabble.

Hmm. No rabbles admired.

"Oh...wrong games?" She finally realized.

"Then I got nothing."
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Galactic Druid

Question; I lik the opening post, but can we change 'get rekt' go 'gettttt dunked on!!!' please?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

I'm going to try something different this game and actually roleplay.

Lord Reginald Percuis Guy's monocle slipped from his left eye as Persephone read her letter aloud. "My word!" he exclaimed, "Mafia, in our home? This will simply not do! We need to act quickly to keep out citizens safe, not to mention it's nearly tea time, and murder always dampens the mood. Should you ask me, I'd say Derwaysh would make an excellent leader. He seems like a good chap!"

Mintprincess

Mint is very worried
This town is supposed to be
Safe from All the Crazies

RedPhoenix

Well yes we need to make it safe obviously there are no crazies here.

*nervous laughter*

Derwaysh

Flash message triggered by Guy's suggestion at how good a chap Der really is!

Why yes, as Bodyguard Der I will save you night and again.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

NightOwl35

Quote from: Derwaysh on March 06, 2016, 10:29:30 PM
Flash message triggered by Guy's suggestion at how good a chap Der really is!

Why yes, as Bodyguard Der I will save you night and again.

Well if you are the bodyguard why should we nominate you as spokesperson? You might die early on protecting someone else, then who will break our ties?

Quite frankly I'm more for the person I trust the least in games like this, and say Myobi should be the spokesperson.

Mintprincess

Quote from: NightOwl35 on March 06, 2016, 10:39:21 PM
Well if you are the bodyguard why should we nominate you as spokesperson? You might die early on protecting someone else, then who will break our ties?

Quite frankly I'm more for the person I trust the least in games like this, and say Myobi should be the spokesperson.

By this odd logic
I should nominate NightOwl
ha ha I think not

=P

Galactic Druid

Yeah, I'd really like to hear an explanation as to why you'd want to nominate someone you don't trust.

Galactic Druid

Question for the GM: May I change my vote? I'm not so sure how much I can trust someone who claims to be the bodyguard right out the gate.

RedPhoenix

Obviously I am the only trustworthy person here.

NightOwl35

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 06, 2016, 11:02:18 PM
Yeah, I'd really like to hear an explanation as to why you'd want to nominate someone you don't trust.

Because I know Myobi has experience in this game and games like this, and I know she does well in them. While I don't trust her, I trust her to figure things out, and since roles are random, there's a decent chance she's a townie. It makes no sense, but it's still the first night so I'm not too worried about it.

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 06, 2016, 10:42:33 PM
By this odd logic
I should nominate NightOwl
ha ha I think not

=P

You have to bold my name there Mint ;D.

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on March 06, 2016, 11:07:32 PM
Question for the GM: May I change my vote? I'm not so sure how much I can trust someone who claims to be the bodyguard right out the gate.

Of course! I'll give a last call warning before voting is closed. This is pretty much like any other mafia game that's been run before.
I don't know.

Galactic Druid

I vote for Sunshine Sparkle since it's been way too long since we've played a mafia game together.

RedPhoenix

I vote for Mintprincess. She should be in charge. Princess is right there in her name, nobody here outranks that.

Mintprincess

Quote from: NightOwl35
You have to bold my name there Mint ;D.

Bold is not for you
I laughed and said I think not
Silly nighty owl

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 06, 2016, 11:19:14 PM
I vote for Mintprincess. She should be in charge. Princess is right there in her name, nobody here outranks that.
I adore you Red
And gladly accept this role
Should others agree

<333333333

yugi006

Mintprincess gets my vote. Together we shall drive the mafioso out of town.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 06, 2016, 11:36:13 PM
I adore you Red
And gladly accept this role
Should others agree

<333333333

In bloody town squares visited by dreams
When prowling gunmen devastate the scene
Fear not their savage cunning or their schemes
For sweet mint princess keeps us safe serene

Derwaysh

Like Chairman Mao said, honesty maketh the fabric of each town but nobody likes honest folk. :'(

Bugger it all. My vote's for RedPhoenix because Red's never let me down.
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

persephone325

Vote Tally

Myobi - 1
Sunshine - 1
Mint - 2
Phoenix - 1

Yet to vote

Mint, Sunshine, Remi, MP, KS, Miss Myobi, Missy, Val
I don't know.

Valerian

"It's a good thing I haven't unpacked yet," Val muttered, watching the early voting cautiously and considering her options.  Leaving didn't seem like a half-bad idea at the moment, but she did have that job waiting for her here as a professional line-stander, and it did at least seem like they had a plan for dealing with this terrible situation... even if it was going to be a little difficult to vote in a leader with the little she knew about everyone so far.  Maybe Missy might be a good choice, she mused.  Granted, Missy had gotten a little overemotional to learn of poor Judge Judy's death, but it was a good thing to have a leader who cared, right?

With that done, she settled down to start work on a spreadsheet, though she still paid attention to the other votes as the discussion continued.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

I will vote for ThatRPGuy to be our spokesperson, purely at random.

Mintprincess

Quote from: yugi006 on March 06, 2016, 11:54:28 PM
Mintprincess gets my vote. Together we shall drive the mafioso out of town.

Thank you for your trust
Most sweet and honorable
I won't let you down

<3

Quote from: Derwaysh on March 07, 2016, 02:35:30 AM
Like Chairman Mao said, honesty maketh the fabric of each town but nobody likes honest folk. :'(

Bugger it all. My vote's for RedPhoenix because Red's never let me down.

With you I agree
RedPhoenix is just like me
A lovely princess.