The Final Days of Creation - Exalted Evil Campaign (Seeking Players)

Started by BruceTheCat, December 30, 2012, 07:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceTheCat

Evening everyone!

For those interested I would like to start an evil, Exalted campaign focusing solely around a party of Abyssal characters. When I first started here on E I gave my group hosting skills a shot with another Exalted game that fell apart very quickly due to my own personal schedule. Since then I’ve grown far more committed, and have learned a lot of what is required from something like this. So without further ado, here is my idea.

The Story: Each of the Abyssal characters will be exalts underneath the same Deathlord, The Ashen Emperor of Ill Harmony. Above all other Deathlords the Emperor hates Creation and wishes to burn everything good and righteous in the terrible fires of his power. If everything in the end disappears into the Void per the wish of the Neverborn, so be it. The focus for the players will be the destruction of all major civilizations of Creation. However the Ashen Emperor speaks little, but expects great results, requiring that the majority of the time his Abyssal servants devise their own way to please him.

As a result there will be a heavy focus on players coming up with ways to conquer the Realm and other major areas of Creation, as well as the other Deathlords if that is what it comes to. I will be playing a character as well, and intend to start off with a direction by using this character rather than direct orders from The Ashen Emperor to being with. I would like to encourage everyone to help story-tell the game a bit. Take control of your own NPCs and what not, or other antagonists they might run into.

The Characters: Unless there is a large demand for it I will not be requiring character sheets since rolling for everything and following the normal combat scene tends to bog things down. The assumption will be that every character stars at Essence 3. They are not newly exalted, however they have not yet gained immense power. The Ashen Emperor has no preference for specialization; so feel free to be a Fighter, Socialite, Necrotech Scientist or Sorcerer! It make’s no difference. The only thing you will probably need to for certain choose on paper at character creation would be what Backgrounds your character has. Since these are not true starting characters, everyone is allowed one five-dot Background, whether it be an artifact, manse, resources, etc.

Game Elements: The game will be about the destruction of Creation, however the will of the Deathlord is the want for the destruction of ALL of Creation. He is willing to be patient for the greater goal. A large theme of the game will be operating without being caught by the other large powers that exist in Creation, and doing minor acts of evil whenever able. I already have in mind several enemies that will stand in the way fairly early on, so there will be plenty of fighting.

Other Exalts: I am willing to allow one, maybe two players to play other Exalt types that are not Abyssal’s pending they have already devoted their undying loyalty to The Ashen Emperor. I would prefer though if people interested in this play as a Sidereal, Lunar or Dragon-blooded.

The Deathlord: Truthfully to look on him he seems the weakest of the beings given the title as an agent of the Neverborn, however nothing could be further from the truth. The Ashen Emperor appears to barely more than a carcass of what was once a man. His skeletal figure is covered from head to toe with burnt flesh. His eye’s are solid red orbs of fire, ever burning with some ancient hatred towards the world of Creation, the Solar beings, and everything that he does not personally hold dominion over. He wears no armor, no clothing, and can be found at all points slouched in his black throne with his enormous dark Manse. He does not move, he does not speak, and rarely do his eye’s look as though he is starring at anything other than the empty air before him.

However bound to the both of the great Deathlord’s thumbs and index finger are four long, thick chains of pure Sousteel which extend out and bind the necks of four ghost children who sit at the foot of his throne. Each one is said to represent a different virtue of the Emperor. The first child, representing the being’s Valor is a 10 year old boy who was beaten to death by his father when standing in the way of his mother, the ghost’s young features spotted with several deep bruises. The second is a teenage girl, garbed in royal silks who aside form all the rest visibly appears perfectly normal. She represents Conviction, and was once a Princess of some Eastern house who died of a brain aneurism after a three day long temper tantrum when not given a new horse for her birthday. The third is a 5 year old girl who appears sickly, having died of starvation during the Great Contagion after crying upon her dead mother’s body until the very end. She represents the Ashen Emperor’s Compassion. Then lastly, the 4th boy appears to be a young monk of 6 or 7, illustrating the Deathlord’s Temperance. The boy was raped to death by a corrupt monastery of Immaculate Monks, too proud to speak ill of his own brothers to the head of the church until it was too late. Each speaks for the Deathlord as would represent his beliefs in the matter being discussed.

Character Sheet:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Caste:[/b]
[b]Essence:[/b] 3
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[spoiler][img][/img][/spoiler]

[b]Theme Song:[/b] Something that well defines your character.

[spoiler][url][/url][/spoiler]

[b]Character Summary:[/b] Since we are tentatively not running with sheets, use this space to talk about the strengths and weaknesses of your character. Their preferred means of fighting others, where their interests lie, those sort of things.

Epic Motivation: This does not need to be specifically in line with “Burn Creation to the ground” as would be the motivation of your Deathlord. However keep in mind that you have been selected by The Ashen Emperor, so your epic motivation will probably need to be something similar like “Corrupt the highest levels of the Immaculate Order” or “Defeat the Shogun of Lookshy in a one-on-one duel”

[b]History:[/b]

“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

I intend for the game to have some heavy sexual elements between players and NPCs, with the plot being the primary focus. As a result I'd like to have an even number of Male to Female characters if possible.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Empyrean

Very interesting. In what area of Creation or the Underworld do you envision this happening?

BruceTheCat

The game itself could take place all over Creation or the Underworld, but I imagine we will begin in his Manse which will probably be located in a Shadowland along the River of Tears.
- scribus1000

Empyrean

BruceTheCat

Feel free! Still waiting on a bit more interest before we can get anything started or set in stone, so take your time.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Added a bit to the character section for character creation purposes.
- scribus1000

Marie Reynolds

Hmm this might seem interesting, I might be interested in playing a  Dragon-Blooded that might have been conditioned to Love her master and mistress and is a personal attendant and and pleasure toy.

BruceTheCat

@Marie Do you mean being the personal attendant and pleasure toy of another one of the players involved in the game? Or The Ashen Emperor?
- scribus1000

Marie Reynolds

Sorry should have been more clear one of the players if possible.

ShadowFox89

Might be interested in playing as a TAW lunar if you'd allow >.>

Otherwise... Resonance makes romance pretty much impossible.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BruceTheCat

Since we aren't using sheets we can pretty much out resonance for the sake of making the RP a bit smoother. I'd be willing to allow a Lunar, however only if we have enough Abyssals to fill the other slots.
- scribus1000

ShadowFox89

If we do, let me know. TAW lunars are different from vanilla ones though.... much more interesting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Empyrean

Marie: I'm making a social-oriented Midnight. Would you be interested in your character serving her?

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

BruceTheCat

- scribus1000

AndyZ

Taking dibs, then.  Should have a char ready in the next few days.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Marie Reynolds

So Empryean would you like to work out the background between us.

Empyrean

AndyZ

Name: The Whisper of the Last Breath
Caste: Dusk
Essence: 3
Appearance: Adorned with soft blond hair that runs past her shoulders, Whisper rarely wears more than her soulsteel weapon and a pair of thigh-high soulsteel boots.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Theme Song: Something that well defines your character.

Character Summary: Since we are tentatively not running with sheets, use this space to talk about the strengths and weaknesses of your character. Their preferred means of fighting others, where their interests lie, those sort of things.

Whisper uses a unique martial arts fighting style, a combination of her boots and her weapon, a soulsteel chain as thin as barbed wire that slices into her hands with its use, topped with a screaming skull as a weight.  Only training and Charms allow her to use the weapon without seriously injuring herself, and neither keeps the chain from being stained a dark crimson with each use.  Called the Last Dance style, she waltzes into battle with a carefree joy, as if the bringing of death and destruction seems to be her only reason to exist.  Charms to protect her from damage and summon up an army of the undead likewise aid her focus upon death.

That euphoria could very well be the end of her, because she doesn't know when to quit.  Wounds are only weakness leaving the body mixed with pain reminding her that she isn't done destroying Creation yet, and she's not likely to voluntarily retreat.  She does not fear death, and dying is far preferable to failure, which could easily cost the Ashen Emperor an otherwise useful servant.  The need for Essence to protect her unarmored body from harm can be sated by the blood of the innocent, but a drawn-out fight against an armored and talented foe could defeat her by simple attrition.

Furthermore, even though she doesn't remember her conversion, enough met the proud and valiant Dawn known as Ascendant Glory that someone might be able to get to her.  Even though few knew of things like her love for orchids or appreciation for good flute playing, her liege must surely recognize the eventually possibility of something striking a chord and bringing back her memory.

Epic Motivation: To prove herself as the best fighter left in Creation by destroying anyone who might think to challenge her.

History: There was once a woman named Ascendant Glory; Whispers only knows this because some have mistaken her for her on the battlefield.  She knows that she was chosen for her bloodlust and penchant for destruction, but the only thing left of who she used to be is a grim acceptance of inevitable death.

She grows bored and impatient outside battle, almost as if her bloodlust qualifies as an addiction that will not stop as long as she lives.  She started out as a simple fighter until she found her calling, her current weapon and the proper martial arts skill which she continues to perfect.

When required of her by her master, she wears a black silken dress which minimally hampers her martial arts style, keeping her weapon and boots in Elsewhere until needed.  However, the outfit still slows her down just enough that she can notice, even if others cannot, as well as having the barbed weapon slice holes in the silk.

Incomplete, but here's basically what I'm looking at if this works.

BruceTheCat

That looks great AndyZ!

Can't wait, I will have my character up as well this evening. Pending Marie and Empyrean are able to get theirs up soon as well I think we can get started with just four, and implement more as they arrive.
- scribus1000

BruceTheCat

Name: Mercy of Nightmares
Caste: Daybreak
Appearance:

Character Summary: Mercy’s great strength lies not in his physical combat abilities, but rather in the demons he summons, and the necromantic sorcery at his disposal. He is wholly devoted to the cause of his Deathlord in the destruction of Creation, however not for the same reasons. The man never seems satisfied with wanton slaughter of one of his demons, nor the effects of some custom spell he has intricately designed. Mortals and Exalts serve as an almost endless supply of test subjects and inspiration for more terrifying spells. If he can please The Ashen Emperor while serving his own goals of gaining more power, so much the better.

His primary weapon is a single Soulsteel gauntlet which covers his right arm, a series of arcane writings engraved down the sides. From previous battles it appears that Mercy is able to store a small number of spells within this item, using them at the beginning of combat rather than after a long spell-casting process. His preferred method of battle is to either win outright with one of these spells, or use his demonic servants to stall for time while he devises a plan.

In truth Mercy of Nightmares derives a great deal of pleasure from playing musical instruments, particularly the piano. He has even devised a low level Terrestrial spell which allows him to summon simple, temporary objects such as these as he obviously cannot carry one around with him.

Epic Motivation: To create a spell with such destructive potential that it surpasses the horrors of the Great Contagion. Then release it upon Creation.

History:

WIP…
- scribus1000

Empyrean

Name: The Resplendent Queen of Entropic Shadows
Caste: Midnight
Appearance: A young woman in her early twenties by appearance, with flowing black hair that contrasts against milk-pale skin. Her eyes are a bright blue color. Typically she wears clothes that hug and reveal her generous figure, to better attract the eye and distract the mind.

Character Summary: Shadow Queen is not really a fighter. She has training with a bow and carries a Soulsteel long powerbow for self-defense, but she doesn't like to fight. Not because she doesn't like to hurt people. She does. Her arrows are poison-tipped for example. She just doesn't like to fight when she can seduce with her words or her looks. Her favorite methods of dealing with trouble are to play the helpless damsel in distress and stir mobs of angry civilians into fighting for her. More chance of death all around that way. Directly confronted, she's something of a coward, and likes to leave escape options open for herself. She thinks nothing of sacrificing the people whose devotion she's won.

The Shadow Queen is primarily a social combatant, using Charms, hearthstones, and her own appearance to win over converts to the cause of Oblivion.

Epic Motivation: Corrupt the religions of the world into worshipping Oblivion, and her as Oblivion's one true mistress.

History:

The Shadow Queen got her start as Heaven's Shining Gift, the daughter of a notorious (and wealthy) courtesan in Great Forks, father unknown. Growing up, she learned the arts of manipulation and social manuevering at her mother's feet. To her, twisting minds was just something you did when bored or if you wanted something. Her mother taught her that right meant "getting my way" and the only thing that was wrong or shameful was being denied something you wanted. How you got it was immaterial.

As she blossomed into a young woman her mother taught her her craft. Heaven found it easy, and easy was boring. After a couple of years she was bored enough to leave Great Forks with a handsome young caravaner of the Guild who caught her fancy. She enjoyed the traveling about for a time, and seeing how the Guild operated helped her refine her own manipulative talents, which she put to work increasing the caravan's profits. That she was skimming off the top for herself was understood, she thought. She thought wrong. Her erstwhile boyfriend caught the skimming and she was forced to steal a horse and flee.

Undeterred, she fled to a little town and picked right back up where she left off. She found the local chief, ingratiated herself into his life, and was soon back to living large. And this time she was prepared for him finding out. When he discovered her theft and skimming, she was already gone to the next town. She continued in this pattern for the rest of her teen years, living as a conwoman/concubine. Eventually she wound up the arm candy of a high-ranking member of Sijan's Morticians' Guild. That's where her brush with death came.

The mortician was married, and his wife did not appreciate this young beauty stealing her husband. She hired poisoners to deal with the pair. Heaven survived her poisoning. The mortician did not. Nearly bankrupted by the medical costs and forced out of her preferred niche, Heaven turned to another unsavory art. She hired mercenaries and had the wife killed. Then she stepped in and stole the mortician's money before fleeing the city. From that experience, she came to like death as a solution. She resolved never to be cast out again.

By twenty-one she had broken more hearts, and hired more assassins to kill those who discovered her stealing. She'd also gotten good at forging wills that left estates and fortunes to her. She had come to worship herself: her own beauty, cunning, and intelligence. The only thing higher in her reverence was money and power. She paid lip service to the gods but her passionate, heartfelt devotion was only to herself. She seemed well on her way to living the high life on her ill-gotten goods when she was betrayed. One of the mercs she hired to be rid of a pesky but wealthy old man she was seeing thought he could claim the fortune for himself by killing her and the old man both. She found herself on the recieving end of a blade in the gut. She would have died there, just another petty schemer. Then the voice of the Ashen Emperor came.

She accepted without a second thought, and in the moment of her Exaltation learned of a power worthy of her worship. Death was more than just a tool she discovered. It was a righteous cause in and of itself. Killing the world was truly the kindest gift one could give it. After a lifetime of taking, she decided that she would truly give back to Creation by killing it. In honor of that, she killed the mercenary who had betrayed her, and made him her first sacrifice to Oblivion. She has since served the Ashen Emperor faithfully. Although she's still a selfish little conniver at heart, for the first time she feels she's making the world better, not just herself. That faith comforts her like all the money and adulation in the world never did. 

BruceTheCat

I am sorry Empyrean I thought I had commented on yours. It looks great to me!

As we are starting a bit more powerful I am allowing everyone to have one powerful item, whether that be an Artifact, Manse/Hearthstone, or even some super strong contact or series of contacts. Basically one high background.

If you want to take advantage of that PM me with what you choose, and the details on the thing. Obviously if you just want a strong weapon you just need to say that, but if you'd like the weapon to have same nifty special ability then let's discuss it.

Otherwise I'm going to give this another day or so before we start with just three. Do either of you object to that?
- scribus1000

AndyZ

Not really sure what I want my high-level artifact to be.  My weapon is going to be called Ten Thousand Kisses (for each time it strikes someone and leaves a blood "lipstick" mark) but that'd only be a 2 or 3 dot artifact.

Having a hard time with song but considering Lights Out by Breaking Benjamin.

Marie Reynolds

Sorry  i have been sporatic lately with staying in the loop, but the job hunting is over and i can jump back into the swing of things. Hmm Maybe you saw the gente and found her as something you must posses so maybe you turned a rival against her family and when it was all said in done and you had now revealed what you wanted as payment and that would be my character and through the plotting and scheming you also had evidence manufactured to show that her father was going to sell her into slavery and convinced her that you worked  against this plan to save her and provide her with a more deserving life under your characters wing.

Empyrean

Marie: I'm not sure I follow? The Shadow Queen definitely loves having attention and followers. I could see her seducing away someone to be her follower. I don't know that she would plant evidence, but she would certainly try to sway your character with her words and beauty. :)

Marie Reynolds

Hmm sure we could go with that and maybe so you could have her devoted to you  by taking me away and left my family with the last resource to keep the family well off by marrying her off so you swept me off my feet and after that the family fell apart and  i was yours.

ShadowFox89

I'm still interested, resonance is just a real killer for me.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Empyrean

I'm not sure, but since we're playing Loyalists I don't think Resonance would be a problem.

Empyrean