When in Rome [Complete]

Started by Valerian, September 08, 2009, 09:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

While Marg may have a tongue of acid, I don't believe she has proven anything other than her disdain for your self-proclaimed emperor status, and just because someone votes first, does not mean they are automatically assumed to be a traitor of Rome.

No, I think my vote will rest on Kip for the moment.

*He eyes the man with a smirk*

country

Life at the villa has strayed far from the original plans of feasting and celebrations to Bacchus, while awaiting the arrival of the emperor.  Orgies have been cancelled, major 'domestics' have occurred, and everyone is hurling accusations.  Aiden was first to proclaim himself an Emperor when we gathered.  Why?

Valerian

Current voting:

Aiden (4) - country, Saku, Marguerite, Kanrya
Caeli (2) - Ryven, Maeven
Marguerite (2) - Aiden, CirclMastr
Ryven (2) - Kip, Caeli
CirclMastr (0)
country (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Saku (0)
Siberian (0)

Yet to vote: Siberian

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 5 Citizens.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Kip

I am most certainly innocent!

*points finger at Ryven*

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Caeli

"Well, we haven't heard any arguments that are particularly convincing of who is a conspirator, here... so Ryven is next on my list. Last year, his lover-of-the-day snubbed me at a gathering."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ryven

*rolls his eyes at Kip*

If you say so...

Also, how is one of my lovers snubbing you proof of my supposed 'deception?'  Perhaps it is you who are grasping at straws in a feeble attempt at drawing attention away from yourself  Caeli!

Caeli

She reached out and tugged gently at a grape, pulling it free and popping it into her mouth as Ryven shouted his accusation.

"Everybody knows that when you need a political favor, you see Ryven. And considering how our families have been in a long-standing war since my grandfather's time, and it was only recently that we'd re-entered His Imperial Majesty's good graces... well, let's just say that I wouldn't be surprised to find you trying to undermine my family's rise in power, Ryven."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Ryven

I've always been skeptical about your so-called rise in power.  I've always suspected nefarious deeds had some part to play in it, and now my suspicions deepen still.  I am the one who would not be surprised if you fooled us all and killed each of us to gain this 'rise in power.'  There can be no opposition if there is no one to oppose you, isn't that correct, Caeli?

Caeli

"As much as I hate to be tactless about it, killing everybody in this room wouldn't gain me much," she responded wryly. "It would rather be a waste of effort."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Ryven

Oh, of course not, I'm sure you have others conspiring with you, and once all is said and done, the lot of you will take over what's left.  We are all some of the most powerful people in Rome.  I never expected you to try something alone, but conspiring with others behind our backs is more believable.

Marguerite

Already know I vote for Aiden.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Kanrya

Maeven

Shaking her head in disbelief at the accusations flying about, Maeven took a rest on a nearby windowsill. "Julia Felix's death was a political move as surely as the summer day is long and Caeli stands to gain the most from such a removal."
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Valerian

OOC: In the interests of keeping things moving, I'll take us to the lynching -- no one seems likely to change at this point, and Siberian's vote wouldn't cause a tie in any case.

Final voting:

Aiden (4) - country, Saku, Marguerite, Kanrya
Caeli (2) - Ryven, Maeven
Marguerite (2) - Aiden, CirclMastr
Ryven (2) - Kip, Caeli
CirclMastr (0)
country (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Saku (0)
Siberian (0)

Still stunned over the loss of his love, Aiden did not resist his captors as he was dragged off to meet his fate, though he cursed them with his last breath for their ruthless, bloody killing of Josietta.  Otherwise, he welcomed the chance to join his beloved in whatever lay beyond this world.

His end was equally bloody, but at least mercifully quick, a sword killing him cleanly.  Alas, he was no more a conspirator than his lost lover was, but a loyal Citizen of the Empire.

• Aiden Citizen, lynched
  • Caeli
  • CirclMastr
  • country
  • Josietta Citizen, lynched
  • Kanrya
  • Kip
  • LadySky Citizen, assassinated
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Siberian

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 4 Citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Valerian

The next day, after fitful, restless sleep, the guests once more awoke to find their numbers still smaller.  During the night, another innocent Citizen, Siberian, had been lost to a violent death, his blood staining the marble floor.

The situation was quickly growing desperate.  The little group huddled together, half-afraid of each other, but equally afraid to be alone in this dark place.  And there was so little time left.  Whose blood would be spilt next?

• Aiden Citizen, lynched
  • Caeli
  • CirclMastr
  • country
  • Josietta Citizen, lynched
  • Kanrya
  • Kip
  • LadySky Citizen, assassinated
  • Maeven
  • Marguerite
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Siberian Citizen, assassinated

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 3 Citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Ryven

As his eyes took in the gruesome sight of the bloody corpse upon the floor, his teeth gritted in both sadness and anger.  Another had been killed.  How many more would have to die?

He eyed the others...country...CirclMastr...perhaps even Marg was to blame, but then he gazed upon Caeli.

"I do not doubt that this is your handiwork, Caeli.  Another dead to promote your family's rise to power, eh?"

Valerian

Current voting:

country (5) - Caeli, Kip, Maeven, Saku, Kanrya
Caeli (2) - Ryven, country
CirclMastr (0)
Kanrya (0)
Kip (0)
Maeven (0)
Marguerite (0)
Ryven (0)
Saku (0)

Yet to vote: CirclMastr, Marguerite

There are 4 Conspirators, 1 Praetorian Guard, 1 Oracle, and 3 Citizens.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

country

The corpses of the faithful citizens are becoming piled in an action worse than any decimation program.   Yet, we still have no clear indication of whom to censure.

Ryven has laid the blame with many.  Those with whom Marg had been having a blue are now gone.  Could it be Caeli?

Caeli

"I gain nothing from Aiden's death - sadly, a declining merchant's house is nobody's ally. However, country has remained remarkably free of suspicion since the early suspicion against him - perhaps we are overlooking somebody who is likely the most probable enemy?"

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Kip

Ryven, you seem to have a determination to take Caeli out.  I wonder why you are so focused.

To resist the push, I support the assertion that country must be guilty.  Let him pay for these crimes.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Maeven

Taking in the words of the others with sorrow at their dwindling numbers, Maeven looked from Caeli to country.  The others had been so sure only nights before that country had been the guilty party. Perhaps it was so...
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Saku

I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

country

Think carefully with your vote.  We few citizens can not afford to lose any more.  If you do not change position, with the coming of evening two citizens will have been be lost.  Give some thought to who might be the oracle.  Would that be a reason for Ryven's focus?  We don't know who the oracle is, but he has been focussed on one player.

While I am arguing to survive, consider that if two citizens disappear on day 3, then the  conspirators will outnumber the citizens on day 4 and can outvote and eliminate them at will.  The conspirators would no doubt be very pleased with this outcome - could all four of them be pointing at me to achieve this goal?

Kanrya