Recruitment for murder mystery game.

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, January 07, 2009, 12:15:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

Murder Island   -  A who done it murder mystery.

A debutante birthday , a small weekend get together  on a private island.  Turns into a who done it murder mystery.  As the birthday girl is found murder on the island.    The cause of death looks like  suffocation, as she is found with pillow over her face.  Yet  the coloration of her lips suggest perhaps poison could be the cause.  With a half eaten tray of food next to her bed.   But a bruising seen under her hair's bangs on her forehead.  Reveals she was struck with a brunt object.    Whats more ever, the boat that had come and picked them up.  Is found to be sabotaged along with the boat's radio.   Cell phones don't get service, out of range from the nearest cell towers.  As the island has no regular phone service.  Powered by generators.   Leaves the group stranded on this private island.  With one of them being a murderer.  Everyone is a suspect, no one is above suspicion.  For each had cause and motive to commit the deed.   

Clark Deverow  -  Boyfriend of the deceased.   Who had been seen arguing with the victim mere hours before.   Who is one of the new young Hollywood studs on the scene now.  -  Erebus

Claire Ashton  -  Publicist  -  Rumor has it, Claire has been making side money off tipping off rag magazines,    And was about to be fired,  and would have been black balled in the society circles.  And most importantly she be destroyed as a publicist. - open

Harold Bines  -  A stalker who would go to any lengths to get near the deceased.    Arrested twice before and with a court order to stay away, against.    Is found on the island shortly after the murder.  We all know that over zealous delusional fans turn bizarre murderers.   - open

Linda Wu  -  Half sister, who recently lost her inheritance.  Due to the fact her half sister the deceased ratted her out on her drug addiction.   Motive enough for revenge.  - Imogen

Milton Cannes -  The butler, no direct motive. Except for the fact, the butler aways does it scenario.  It is he who finds the victim first. -Sugarman(Hal)

Millie Walker -  Child hood friend, who always was the follower.   Had been Clark's girlfriend.  That is until the victim stole him away.  Motive enough for cause of murder.  -  elenisil

Reese Jones -  Island handyman,  who is in charge of maintaining things.  Yet the one access off the island is the boat.  And it mysteriously sabotage.  His back ground is reveals a criminal past.   Has he added murder to it.  - BigBuckBob

Tina  Green  -  The island cook and maid,  who was the last one to see the deceased alive.  Who also was the one who cooked  the food that she had brought up to the victim.   So the first and likely choice of who has done it.   Through motive cannot be found.  - Asherah

I need seven other players  for the mystery role play drama.    So pick who you want to be.   As far as what the look like and other details, will leave that up to the players to fill in. 

It is going to be NC-H   not sure if free form or a system.

PhantomPistoleer

This is FRIGGIN' awesome, Ash.  But I wouldn't know how to play something this complex.  Definitely adding to the lurker list as soon as it gets up and running.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Sugarman (hal)

I believe a plot and guide would be helpful. Perhaps two players who actually know "who did it" and present clues to the other players. This way it would be a true mystery.

Asherah... would this be a couples game?
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

elenisil

I like it too, but like Phantom wouldn't know where to begin.  I've never done any type of group role play but for this I would give it a shot.

If I could do this I'd love to do Millie Walker.

elen

Erebus

Awesome !!! Agatha Christie rules  ;D ;D

By all means count me in for one of the male characters, probably the boyfriend or the handyman.

Go Asherah go!!!
My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

In need for some short term players/NPCs? Place your request ==> here <==

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light; Or just another lost angel, city of night. - James Douglas Morrison

Greenthorn

Erebus

Quote from: Greenthorn on January 07, 2009, 06:50:40 AM
I'd be interested in Tina

Nice choice.

@all: Shouldn't we get/draw a map of the island?
My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

Are you a lucky little lady in the city of light; Or just another lost angel, city of night. - James Douglas Morrison

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Sugarman (hal) on January 07, 2009, 02:18:05 AM
I believe a plot and guide would be helpful. Perhaps two players who actually know "who did it" and present clues to the other players. This way it would be a true mystery.

Asherah... would this be a couples game?   

Very good idea on the two players driving the plot line.   Are you going to take one of the roles?

Besides the obvious, solving who is the murder,  or perhaps murderers.  The guide is the revealing fact of the ugly little secrets each has.  The duress one or more of them is a murderer.  Will that person strike again.      Now couples,  that is up to the group.  People faced with fear, anger often turn ugly.  For example a lynch mob type attitude.  But as facts and clues are revealed the compass spins and points at another.  Like a true wolf pack in fear, easily switching to the new supposed culprit.

Quote from: Erebus on January 07, 2009, 08:52:09 AM

Nice choice.

@all: Shouldn't we get/draw a map of the island?

Yes, will have a map up in a day or two.   

And thank you to everyone who has shown interest so far.

Also I have put names with characters that are taken.   Listed in bold color

BigBuckBob

I'd like to throw in my interest as the Handyman.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Aysleen

I'd like Claire if the part hasn't been cast yet :)
Ons and Offs
* I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
*Curiouser and curiouser.

Aysleen

Oh, and has the murderer already been cast by you, to be found out as we go along, ala "Clue"?
Ons and Offs
*We're all mad here.
* If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is,
because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: BigBuckBob on January 07, 2009, 11:57:45 AM
I'd like to throw in my interest as the Handyman.

Added  :)

Quote from: Aysleen on January 07, 2009, 12:00:07 PM
I'd like Claire if the part hasn't been cast yet :)

Added :)

Quote from: Aysleen on January 07, 2009, 12:01:32 PM
Oh, and has the murderer already been cast by you, to be found out as we go along, ala "Clue"?

Not saying.   ::)

~~~~~~~

A map of the Island. 

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Aysleen

Quote from: Asherah on January 07, 2009, 12:30:08 PM
Not saying.   ::)

Sorry, I didn't think I was asking anything unreasonable.  I was just wanting to get a feel for how the game would be played, not to obtain any secret information  ::)
Ons and Offs
*We're all mad here.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 07, 2009, 12:59:10 PM
This is SO impressive, Ash!  Ha!

Thank you very much  :)

Quote from: Aysleen on January 07, 2009, 01:05:08 PM
Sorry, I didn't think I was asking anything unreasonable.  I was just wanting to get a feel for how the game would be played, not to obtain any secret information  ::)

Is alright, as in truth.  Who is the murderer has not been decided yet.  Which I am going to leave up to pure chance.  Once all the slots are filled.  Then like Sugerman(Hal) suggestion.  I am going to secretly contact one of you all. To help lay the clues and guide the investigation.   So think of that person as like in the ABC show 'The Mole'.  That person will not overtly lay out information.  But will add clues hidden within their posts.

Also of note in regards to this.  The mole may be the killer or not.   Leaving further layers of intrigue.  In case the mole is figured out.

Aysleen

Thank you, that answers my question, and will enable me to play better :)
Ons and Offs
*We're all mad here.

BigBuckBob

I think an  added element of occasionally PMing people and telling them 'you spot something shiney near the bookcase' will give an added element in hiding the mole. That way anyone could have been given information, and the person driving the plot isn't necessarily the mole.
Ons and Offs
Waiting for a Post?
I am disappoinment width you're grammer.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: BigBuckBob on January 07, 2009, 01:22:54 PM
I think an  added element of occasionally PMing people and telling them 'you spot something shiney near the bookcase' will give an added element in hiding the mole. That way anyone could have been given information, and the person driving the plot isn't necessarily the mole.

A very good idea.  And will definitely be used.  ;)

Erebus

My Introduction
My ONs & OFFs
Absences

Greenthorn

*sulks*

Asherah can you link me to the game when you start if (if it's before the date we discussed in PMs!)?

Sugarman (hal)

I'll take either Milton Cannes or Harold Bines. You know me well and my style of writing... go ahead and pencil me in on either.

But I'll claim my innocent being either character  ;D
"And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love you make."

My On/Off's

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Greenthorn on January 07, 2009, 03:01:02 PM
*sulks*

Asherah can you link me to the game when you start if (if it's before the date we discussed in PMs!)?

Yes I can :)

PhantomPistoleer

Okay!  Given the evidence, I think that the Handyman did it.  ^^

Man, I love Agatha Christie.  I couldn't believe how Ten Little Black Dudes concluded.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Kurzyk

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on January 07, 2009, 05:12:49 PM
Okay!  Given the evidence, I think that the Handyman did it.  ^^

Man, I love Agatha Christie.  I couldn't believe how Ten Little Black Dudes concluded.

Is that supposed to refer to 10 Little Indians Phantom?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Kurzyk on January 07, 2009, 05:22:07 PM
Is that supposed to refer to 10 Little Indians Phantom?

Funny you should ask, Kurzyk!

QuoteAnd Then There Were None is a work of detective fiction by Agatha Christie and first published in the UK by the Collins Crime Club on November 6, 1939[1] under the title of Ten Little Niggers[2][3] and in US by Dodd, Mead and Company in January 1940 under the title of And Then There Were None.[4] The UK edition retailed at seven shillings and sixpence (7/6)[2] and the US edition at $2.00.[4] The novel has also been published and filmed under the title Ten Little Indians. It is Christie's best-selling novel with 100 million sales to date, making it the world's best-selling mystery, according to the editors of Publications International, Ltd.

I was just trying to be funny. :<
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O