News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Issues With Java

Started by BAMF, October 13, 2013, 06:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAMF

So, trying to re-download and re-install java. So, I go to the java website, that's all good. First button reads "Free Java Download." Click on that, and that's fine. It brings me to the next window that has the button that reads "Agree and Start Free Download."

I click on that, knowing it should do the little pop up thing with the downloader and I should get the little download thing down at the bottom of Chrome. Except I get a page that has the little broken file image with a frowny face and underneath, it says "No data received."

Does anyone know what this is? What do I do? I am at a loss. I've been Google-fuing this evening and nothing has come up that seems to do the trick.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Mr L

I'm experiencing the same error, only mine says "this page is not available."
O/Os | A/As | | My Ideas I have taken the Oath of the Drake

Silver

Bamf: From a Minecraft forum

Quoteseems its not just me then? i'm guessing either they are updatin the game or something is up, also it seems the java website is not lettin me download java....is this linked?

Looks like I might have found something in regards to your other issue.
O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

Tsenta

Java might be down or be getting some much needed updates, with the recent weaknesses in Java from drive-by attacks they might finally be doing something to fix it.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Oniya

I did a Java update yesterday and had to use the 'Offline' version of the updater.  I will warn you, however, to close completely out of your web browser before running the install, as the post-installation browser launch is what screwed me over with my tabs.  (I think I've finally found all my RPs again.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

BAMF

Even when I tried the offline, I got the same errors. :/ I really don't know what's going on.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«