Shockwave Flash issue (possibly fixed)

Started by Oniya, June 21, 2013, 12:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

For the last week or so, Shockwave has been going nuts on me.  At first, it had only occurred with a stupid little tower defense game, and only on the level where I had enough towers up that I thought that could be overwhelming it.  In the past day or so, it got to the point of nearly every page I loaded getting stalled with a 'The plugin has stopped responding' message.

At that point, I started looking for answers to what I thought must just be my aging machine getting dyspeptic on me.  Then I find pages and pages of people complaining about it, and particularly complaining about how Adobe won't talk to you unless you shell out $39.  >.<

So, on the off-chance that this is affecting other people here, I figured I'd post what seems to have brought me some relief.  I went into my Add/Remove Programs and removed anything that said Flash or Shockwave, and rebooted.  Then, I hit up one of the sites that I knew used Flash, and re-installed the plug-in when prompted.  So far, everything is running smooth as satin.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Branwen

If It's Adobe, it's going to have issues.

It's like written into their quality inassurance guarantee.  Great tip you put out there to save people some headache and money!