Demon Realm [NC-Exotic] (Looking for a Female Player)

Started by Blank, October 29, 2010, 07:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blank

Note: For the sake of being cautious, let’s say all pictures aren't work safe (especially the last elf picture).

Name: The Demon Realm [nc-exotic]
Scenario:  A wizard is banished to the demon realm due to taboo use of magic.  Now forced out of his native world, he is faced with the challenge if forging a new life for himself.  Along the way he meets some seductively intriguing inhabitants of the realm.  Some of those inhabitants are willing to associate themselves with the wizard while others seek to use the wizard’s presence to change the structure of power in the city.

Setting:
Geography/Climate/Vegetation/Wildlife:  The world may be seem hellish in appearance but in reality is not more harsh and unforgiving than the mortal realm.  The realm is composed of several massive floating islands facing inward towards a small sun that provides light to the inhabitants of the realm.  Each island orbits around the small sun in its own predesigned orbit.  It is said the demons with the most power on those islands could control the path and distance from the star, but that remains unconfirmed by the public.  Islands closer to the star tend to be more desert like, while those furthest tend to be colder.  Likewise, with islands closer to the star, the less gravity; vice versa with islands further from the star.

Water is a commodity in the demon realm.  Due to a lack of a solid body mass, water is constantly lost by falling out beyond the outer ring of islands.  In order to get water, the inhabitants of the island either have to create their own water with magic or machinery, or dig lakes to capture water from islands above them that generate excess water.

Otherwise, the individual islands operate more or less like normal land masses with forests, lakes, mountains, etc.

Most vegetation in the Demon Realm is giant fungus.  Most aren’t poisonous and the larger varieties are often used as a replacement for lumber.  The smaller types are used as food for the middle and low class of society or as a means of sustenance for livestock.  Wildlife creatures are less forgiving and fearful in the demon realm.  They have to be to get the resources necessary to survive.  As such, few people take to travelling in the wilds alone and/or unarmed.

Civilization:  The demon realm isn't quite a cliché version of Hell.  It is an organized society with city-states and small towns dotting the floating islands that populate the realm.  Money and social power is the ultimate determinate of status in the demon realm.  While physical and magical talent can help gain leverage, but they aren’t the ultimate determinates of status.  For the most part the society is about getting a leg up on the people on your same "tier.”

Murder is frowned upon, but not severely punished.  Theft is one of the most serious crimes in the realm and is strictly punished by most city-states.  Most other formers of “unlawful” activity are usually punished with minor penalties.  Most governments have a very capitalistic approach to how society should run.

Like the mortal world, most everyone has a job.  The economy and government style is very capitalistic.  Jobs can vary between labor workers, to inn keeper, to bookie, to government official, ect.  If there is a need for a job, there is an opening for it.  If you don’t fit the job, you are out.

Most humans are feared in the demon realm.  Rightfully so too.  Most are dangerous individuals or criminals dumped into the realm as a means for the mortal realm to be rid of them one way or another.  While dangerous, they were also fairly powerful.  Most demons either fear or seek to exploit the newly arriving humans.  Either way, there is a fair bit of racism towards humans amongst most demons.

The technology level is more along the lines of a steam punk level.  Most creatures of the realm can use magic, but it still requires energy and effort to use magic.  The same amount of energy to push a crate with your hands is used when utilizing magic.  Having technology to do it for you eliminates the need to do it yourself.  Also the style of society is more along the lines of something Victorian with a taste of the Middle Ages.

Inhabitants:  I’m open to most things.  I’d prefer it if you played something from the list below but I’m open to suggestions.  Most creatures that inhabit the realm are demonic or magical in nature.  They either natural residents or outsiders visiting from another realm to do business.  The majority of the population is demons.

There are very few humans live here.  Most die quickly while others somehow find a means to continue on.

Requirements: See above.  You are welcome to play one or more characters from the list.  I left the story a bit vague so that we can map out together the story more.  I’m interested in hearing your ideas!  I prefer if you pick up multiple characters.  I don't expect you to be playing them at the same time necessarily.

Other info
The alchemist
Pick one or more individuals from below you'd be interested in playing.
Elf 1 Elf 2 Elf 3
Succubus
Demoness
Dullahan
Mummy
Dark Elf 1 Dark Elf 2 Dark Elf 3 Dark Elf 4
Kitsune
Vampire
Earth Elemental
Nereid
Ogre
Slime Girl
Lamia
Alraune
Fellow Prisoner 1 Fellow Prisoner 2 Fellow Prisoner 3

Blank

Updated.  Idea is better fleshed out.

Blank

twistedlace

I'd be very interested in playing a vampire mercenary character.  She'd take just about any job offered but always takes her pound of flesh (or blood, in this case :) ) afterwards from either the target or her employer.  Let me know if this meshes with the ideas you have and I'll make an actual biography for her.

Blank

I donno.  Didn't think there would be all that many mercenaries.

twistedlace

<shrugs and smiles> Well, that's what sparked.  Perhaps general themes for the character types posted on the side?  Because in general, when I think of vampires in organized society I think of assassins and monsters with their loyalty to those that can feed their needs (But then again, I'm also a HUGE sucker (yes, I punned there :P ) for playing dark and dangerous females ).  Not attempting to god-mod your idea, just would like a bit more specifics on what's acceptable and what isn't :)

Blank

I kind of figured vampires were more like upper class citizens (if they can help it).  Since they are pretty old and manipulative, they usually climb the social ladder faster than others.

twistedlace

Perhaps a compromise?

"As a younger vampire, Razine has often shown contempt for her elders obsession with the 'Great Game', preferring to live in the moment, enjoying both the pleasures of the flesh and less . . .acceptable pursuits.  Though disdainful of such 'crude' means as physical combat, preferring seduction to the blade, she has been instructed quite extensively in both arts over her sparse few centuries of life.

Rash and often impudent Razine has heard tales of the humans with interest, regarding them either toys to be enjoyed or perhaps weapons, dangerous blades to dance with that perhaps might allow her to escape the crushing influence of her elders."

Again, if you find it unsuitable I'll go ahead and move on, but I truly do like the RP idea.  And if I'm cluttering up your thread too much, just let me know and we can move the conversation to PMs :)