[Interest Check] World of Darkness (VtM, MtA, or WtA)

Started by Hades, October 23, 2014, 11:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

I really like the idea of a small-group Camarilla game, but without a lot of world-building we'd need some kind of structure to generate some conflict and alliances (I like the mention of a coterie).  Also, it'd be good to establish if we'd be core 7 clans... and are we flexible on some of the core concepts (like sex is fun for Kindred and doesn't cost a shitload of blood traits, maybe?) 

Just speculating, and I know you're still measuring interest, but this might be more concrete if you have settled on a specific scenario (city, time, general plot cookies) to get started from?

Senti

If its just Vampire i am happy but would rather be camarilla.

Sabbat gets old really quick.

Hades

I haven't decided on any of the major details yet, but what I can tell people based on how the votes are going thus far in favor of a Camarilla game is as follows.

The game will be set in current times, likely somewhere on the West Coast and most likely in one of the bigger cities in California.  The city will be held by a Prince and a Primogen council, though the dynamics of that power-play are still forming in my head.  We will also be using the VtM 3rd edition rules, as I much prefer them over the 20th anniversary material.  You will be playing characters that have been undead for about a century, so you're past the stage of being considered a neonate and just getting your toes wet in the ancilla end of the pool.

The core Camarilla clans are available, and since this will be set in the region, anarchs will also be an option as well.   The more "rare" bloodlines (Lasombra antitribu, Samedi, Gargoyles and so forth) will be considered, but you will have to do a much more detailed background than I'm asking for for the more normal clan options.   For the Independent clans, all four are available, but remember this is post-Week of Nightmares (so the Ravnos numbers have been decimated) and is also after the breaking of the blood curse on the Assamites and the Schism that came as a result of it.    Also, blood magic of any sort won't be available for any non-Tremere clans, but may be a possibility in the future.

Since I mentioned backgrounds, I'm not going to ask for a huge background write-up (unless you feel like doing so) beyond one that answers the basic questions of what was your character's life like prior to the embrace, how they came to the attention of their sire, and any memorable events you've been involved in over the course of a century.

Chulanowa

Hades, can I ask one favor?

If we're going West Coast, can it please pretty please NOT be Los Angeles?  ;D

I've been playing in a Los angeles-based game for like 8 years now and, wow, i need a break from that. Might i suggest murky, bacon-flavored Portland?

Bibliophilia

Portland would be preferable.  I'm in that same game, for about a year less than him.  I crave fog and rain and tits that are real!

Angie

Seattle is always a good selection. I've set most of my nWoD games there, it's a wonderful place to drop anything into (hell, even my Circle game is in there).

Anyway, after re-reading the thread and seeing that it seems like we're favoring a game that gets us all to work together, my interest is reignited.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

Josietta

I'm lined up for a shit kicking little fireplug of a Brujah. :D

THM>  If you wanna play my ghoul then that'd be fine by me too. As long as you realize I'm not very good  experienced  at being a dominant female but I'll give it my very best shot!

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Josietta

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 05, 2014, 10:06:41 PM
Seattle is always a good selection. I've set most of my nWoD games there, it's a wonderful place to drop anything into (hell, even my Circle game is in there).

Anyway, after re-reading the thread and seeing that it seems like we're favoring a game that gets us all to work together, my interest is reignited.

Incidentally, Seattle is very close to Forks. Just sayin :P

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pumpkin Seeds

I can send you my Lasombra antitribu background and see if she'll fit what you want!  She'd fit well out on the West Coast.

Bruja

Quote from: Josietta on November 06, 2014, 07:56:32 AM
Incidentally, Seattle is very close to Forks. Just sayin :P

Yes but the only thing that sparkles on our vampires are their teeth. So...the Twilight twits fans will just have to get over it.

HairyHeretic

Ok, for someone who has never played, what books do I need to get hold of for character generation and such? :) I know a few people who have / do play Vampire, though I'm not sure which version.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Josietta

Quote from: Rapt on November 06, 2014, 08:23:05 AM
Yes but the only thing that sparkles on our vampires are their teeth. So...the Twilight twits fans will just have to get over it.

* Josietta knows this... has been playing white wolf since 1999

Hairy> There is a main book, players handbook and a camarilla book.  They are all called "revised" not necessarily 3rd edition.

EDIT: you can also get clan books

Main Book:

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade_Revised_Edition

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bruja

Quote from: Josietta on November 06, 2014, 08:53:05 AM
* Josietta knows this... has been playing white wolf since 1999

Hairy> There is a main book, players handbook and a camarilla book.  They are all called "revised" not necessarily 3rd edition.

EDIT: you can also get clan books

Main Book:

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade_Revised_Edition

Well it was an attempt at snarky humor none the less, sorry for the failure. Been playing since the game debuted I wanna say it was 91 or 92. I actually still have the preview flyer of "Monsters, Monsters Everywhere" that was sent out before the book release. I was never so excited by a game in my whole life. Though I am not a fan of playing cannon with the Minds Eye Theater and all that ....We always built our own towns and worlds and such, the official Cam story and all that was never of any interest to me.

Hades

The core book, the Guide to the Camarilla and the clan book for the particular clan that you are interested in playing would be my recommendation for everyone having.  The player's handbook was nice, but it was also 2nd edition and as far as I know never received an update to revised.

If anyone needs help finding pdf copies of these books, they can be found at DriveThru RPG just by searching for Vampire the Masquerade material.

Josietta

Quote from: Hades on November 06, 2014, 09:51:28 AM
The core book, the Guide to the Camarilla and the clan book for the particular clan that you are interested in playing would be my recommendation for everyone having.  The player's handbook was nice, but it was also 2nd edition and as far as I know never received an update to revised.

If anyone needs help finding pdf copies of these books, just shot me a PM and I'll help you out with that.

There was a revised version of the Players Handbook. Its called Vampire Players Guide WW2305.

Rapt> I got it ;)  I was being a little facetious myself there..

EDIT; *notes that Josi owns every Revised book made for V:tM (oWOD)

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Pumpkin Seeds

Might need some help getting the character sheet and everything together.  I just have the Anniversary books.

Bruja

Quote from: Josietta on November 06, 2014, 10:03:11 AM
There was a revised version of the Players Handbook. Its called Vampire Players Guide WW2305.

Rapt> I got it ;)  I was being a little facetious myself there..

EDIT; *notes that Josi owns every Revised book made for V:tM (oWOD)

I have quite the collection myself. *waggles eyebrows* INCLUDING KOE...come...come to the Orient with me...

Pumpkin Seeds

VonDoom

I have a very extensive collection, but lack some of the By Night city books. I'm also very proud of my complete Kindred of the East set (including the books they made for the other main lines), the few Wraith books I managed to scrounge together and ... Mummy.  XD
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Josietta

Quote from: Rapt on November 06, 2014, 10:06:56 AM
I have quite the collection myself. *waggles eyebrows* INCLUDING KOE...come...come to the Orient with me...

I find that KOE is waaaay overpowered. And cannot be mixed with normal Vampire as its too unbalancing. 

Just look at the V:tM Bloodlines game. The KOE in it would kick your ass no problem.

Hades> Lunar and I have a character sheet (basic .txt version) for Vampire if you'd like to take a look at it, unless you already have one made up.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Bruja

Bibliophilia

I'm thinking of going Gangrel.  I typically go for Toreador in Cam games, but I want to do something a bit different.  A scrappy little Gangrel girl would be fun.

Pumpkin Seeds

Just feels like you have to have a bachelors in Asian art and history to do KoE justice.

My Lasombra will be a Creole woman that specializes in a bit of vice, for the living and the dead.

Hades

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on November 06, 2014, 10:05:23 AM
Might need some help getting the character sheet and everything together.  I just have the Anniversary books.

You can download character sheets at this site  There are editable sheets, but unless you have a full copy of adobe reader it won't let you save your work sadly.

Quote from: Josietta on November 06, 2014, 10:03:11 AM

O.O  A revised book that I missed?  This can't be allowed to stand unaddressed!

VonDoom

KotE is also a different game, that's like saying Werewolves are too powerful compared to Neonates. The Wan Kuei have their own disadvantages, though, and their disciplines cost as much as Mage spheres to increase. Vampires have it easy by comparison. Becoming one of the Ten Thousand Demons is basically torture, hell, torture and some more hell on top.  XD
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O