News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Thinking about running a Fantasy Game

Started by Rune, July 11, 2015, 07:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

I haven't run a system based game for a while. I was considering on running an adventure (medieval kingdom with high magic) The plots will be based around the characters as well as the story of saving the kingdom from various dangers.

I was thinking of using a rules light system (Barbarians of Lemuria, Bare bones Fantasy, etc) but will consider other systems due to player familiarity and preference.

If there is interest in this, please let me know.

eternaldarkness

I'm always interested in fantasy system games. My only input system wise is 'not Pathfinder'. It's way too crunchy for pbp. 

wander

Might I recommend Dungeon World? Its a pretty light system and perfect for fantasy games.

Pretty much runs on 2d6, 10+ is a pass, 7-9 is a pass but something happens, 6- is a fail but gain 1xp. Everything else is built round that, pretty much.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: wander on July 11, 2015, 01:50:48 PM
Might I recommend Dungeon World? Its a pretty light system and perfect for fantasy games.

Pretty much runs on 2d6, 10+ is a pass, 7-9 is a pass but something happens, 6- is a fail but gain 1xp. Everything else is built round that, pretty much.

Seconded. DW has a ton of free content too, and even the most rules-averse player can grasp it.

MissFire

I don't know any systems, but the Dungeon World thing sounds easy enough to grasp and I'd like to play!
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Cold Heritage

If this becomes a Dungeon World game, I may wish to participate. Contingent on the way things shape up, naturally.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Thorne

I don't know from Dungeon World, but .. if this happens, I might be interested.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

AndyZ

I'd love to play some Dungeon World ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.