News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A Cordial Invitation. (OWoD, sort of Vampire)

Started by Senti, October 09, 2015, 06:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Senti

No problem Andy hopefully if anything comes to mind you could always join at a later stage.

As for the delightful nossers, sometimes they embrace for a punishment, (Cleopatra's) Also sometimes they too fall in love. or wish to 'save' a beautiful mind, or indeed find someone that is indeed useful to the clan. Nothing is always as it seems.

As for servants that would be great, I dont know if you get BBC, but recently they had a most interesting program on about servants of the era and it was most compelling I will have to watch it again. Remember there is a huge hierarchy within a household,  and it too is strict, one might sometimes consider that the Buter and the housekeeper may sometimes appear to have as much power or more than their masters within their own little domain.

They really were often the ones that were in charge in their own domain. For example most have ALL of the keys to the house and dealt with a great deal of the finances and the staff beneath them. It was they that kept everything in order, hence that is how staff for the most were invisible.

Senti

He is rather cool, also there are plenty of other cool butlers :) Also Valets are interesting, they work outside the hierarchy like the ladies maid. They only work for their specific 'ward'.

Often the Valet would join up with the master or his son if they were commissioned in the army as a batman, or might have been a batman and then become a valet one the commission was ended.  They were highly prized by many gentlemen.

Senti

Afterall a vampire may have an interest in a 'master' and then realise that its the servant that is actually the one that is the real power, and is the one that only makes said master look good by being efficient and is the better candidate for the 'gift/ curse.

The real power behind the throne as it were.

Also servants tend to be privy to many of the 'real' secrets in a household.

Senti

Of course. :)

Its worth considering exactly what lengths a loyal member of staff will go to to cover up a scandal to protect it.

So even behind the curtains there is a lot of intrigue. :) It can be a very delicate balance. Which I think just add more to the flavor of the game.

It can almost be a mini political game going on in one household, that even the masters and mistresses are mostly unaware of. I find this quite exciting.

Miroque

Thats why there is that "Retainer" background.. .to get yourself loyal master/mistress of the household, who whips the nogood louts into shape...

Senti

Indeed this is true. Also a very good reason too  look after said staff well.

Most masters in general have no idea whats going on 'downstairs'.

the same goes for industry, and in factories, or even charitable institutes.

Senti

That is not a problem if your interest in piqued again hopefully we will be around.

RubySlippers

Well y character just bought her house and moved out of her families London Estate so needs to hire proper servants, its an excuse to role-play, I'm thinking:

Housekeeper (more seasoned and with some education to run the domestic accounts and oversee the staff)
A Cook (a woman seasoned cook)
Two Maids-of-Al-Work (should cover the rest of the work needed)

Intends to pay over the going best wages in each roll the housekeeper 20% and the other servants 12%, provide birthday and Christmas bonuses and of course room and board, the two maids sharing one room. And expect in return they be pleasant, discrete and loyal to her. And can blood bond them when its needed later on as a vampire.

Senti

That works well, as foot men and the like wont be important, as the cab services are very good in the city. In time your character may find favorites.

And yes the RPing will be interesting. Housekeepers have to be educated women for obvious reasons, often widows take on such roles. Within society although not of the upper class they are often well respected in their own right. (as much as a woman can be.)

Just as a thought Childrens BBC series Horrible Histories has some amusing little facts. Though a children's series its for the most historically correct and can be somewhat distracting and amusing in places. However it offers a few interesting details that one might not think about.

For example a maid is allowed every second Sunday off work (if I am right though dont quote me on that.)

Miroque

Again.. bloody hell no, in my household.. they are slavering for all my character cares.. :) Day-off... thats communists talking.. hang them all..

RubySlippers

So her fight for a six day workweek and a 50 hour workweek if not in public service or the military and a minimum employment age of 14 to be employed would be something you won't support?

Senti

Some parents did not even properly name there children in the Slums until the age of 5 as most died (but of course they were christened.)

RubySlippers

That's why we need better sanitation, food regulations so the food is safe, public hospitals that are decent for the poor and employment rights so workers can support children as they go to school. :P

Senti

Unfortunately not everyone thinks so.

So folks are we ok to be starting the middle of the week ish..I will get the ooc stuff out and we can start :)

there is always room for others who wish to join.

RubySlippers

Well my character is a realist you ask in politics what is least likely to get what you can. If you ask for a 14 year old working age then you might get 12 years old for example and some restrictions on the types of work. Its all a chess game. But she has reasons for it the Aristocracy leads with the finest commoners in government, the Middle Class with the wealthy commoners employ the nation. The common people are the basis of British strength they need to have some education, be healthy and be given some rights to keep them content and to make them productive. If we go to war as a nation they need soldiers fit, educated enough and not have to worry about their families while they fight for example this means women at home need fair wages and support by society. Her views are very sound.

The start sounds good to me.

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Senti

We are starting, if there is any interest , please PM or slip in here to discuss :)

thank you.

Neomah

I am quite interested in stepping in. Perhaps as a playful, lovely gent who sings beautifully and who is very lovely of appearance-but seeks thrills and challenges for himself as a bored nobleman of some line or another. The black sheep of the family, really who goes chasing skirt as well as dice, with a lucky hand at the dice. It's sure to come back to haunt the man... Lord Basil something.

Miroque

RubySlippers

My character likely read a vampire novel or two. Likely way off base on the real story though.

Senti

Quote from: Neomah on November 16, 2015, 04:54:37 AM
I am quite interested in stepping in. Perhaps as a playful, lovely gent who sings beautifully and who is very lovely of appearance-but seeks thrills and challenges for himself as a bored nobleman of some line or another. The black sheep of the family, really who goes chasing skirt as well as dice, with a lucky hand at the dice. It's sure to come back to haunt the man... Lord Basil something.

That sounds wonderful to me lots of Lords and Ladies do have a tendency to have that bored streak...power and money, the idea is most welcome. Just as a thought he could well be the second or third son, so has never even had the responsibility of inheriting the 'actual' real title and thus the REAL job. So a playboy, black sheep is just dandy...as dandy as he might be. :)

At the moment we tend to communicate through PM as in Reply to all, but you are more than welcome to be added into that if you wish.

Hope to see both yourself and your lovely gentleman soon on the Streets of London.

Pm with any questions.

As for the Vampire Novels that's fine though sshhhhh there might sometimes even be a little truth within them, and sometimes it is even helped along by certain factions even vampires themselves.

All will become clear eventually.

Miroque

Vampires??? They are real?? noooo...that cant be true...

BTW, does Dracula, by Stroker, exist in your world ? (it does not exist in WoD canon)

RubySlippers

Possibly, its good to toss out as misinformation that is if someone sees a vampire and talks then they can say he's insane he read those damned books and clearly is deranged. Then the Malkavians get the ,er, troublemaker to fix.