Kaer Morhen - Return of the Witchers - Still Recruiting

Started by Primarch, December 18, 2016, 06:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carly

also in the end of witcher 3, ciri became a witcher - for the ending that I had anyway.

She is a woman. So is their variants of a witcher that can be a woman? I know mages can be male.

la dame en noir

Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Primarch

Quote from: Carly on December 22, 2016, 07:17:03 PM
also in the end of witcher 3, ciri became a witcher - for the ending that I had anyway.

She is a woman. So is their variants of a witcher that can be a woman? I know mages can be male.

Ciri was trained in Witcher tactics but never received any of the mutations that make the difference between a trainer monster slayer & a real Witcher. But she was the Lady of Space & Time so she had a whole different bag of tricks.

Laughing Hyena

Indeed. Ciri is far more formidable than a witcher. Arguably one of the most powerful people alive in that setting.

fireflights

Ciri has the Elder Blood in her, so she has her own powers that made it so she didn't need the Witcher Mutations to be powerful.

Also for those still wondering about why there are no female witchers...

Quote from: From a Reddit asking same question.The trial of the grasses was designed to work on boys/men. Women have a different hormonal composition than men; therefore, a trial of the grasses for women would require new research. Since the demand/respect for male witchers is already low, this research is unlikely to take place. This is mentioned somewhere in the first 2 books.

Anyway, I am thinking of either a witcher or a sorceress for this, I'll let you know....

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

fireflights

Character: Arlaine of Vengerberg 
Player: Fireflights

Role:Sorceress
Specialties:

• Spell caster (incantation only)
  • Portals
  • Potions and Remedies

Personality:

• Strong willed, she is extremely strong willed and rarely lets someone tell her something can't be done.
  • Confident, she is confident in herself and her abilities far more than she probably should be, everyone makes mistakes though and she would always own up to her own mistakes
  • Kind, she is exceptionally kind to those she deems worthy of her kindness, yes this isn't all encompassing but if you can get on her good side, she will be your strongest friend and ally, at least in her mind.

History:

• The great, great, niece of Yennefer of Vengerberg, though she won't come right out and state this. Unlike Yen though, she does not hold as much elven blood within her veins due to marriages of the family.
  • Only daughter of the family, is age 25, born at Feainn,  has one brother.
  • Became a member of the Sorceress's Lodge just after completing her training.

Relationships/Connections:

• Relationships Open
  • Relationships Open
  • Relationships Open

Additional Details:

• Plays the Monsters Gwent Deck
  • Is only Heterosexual, though has tried once with another girl, it ended very badly because she couldn't get interested enough.
  • Has a locket that belonged to Yennifer that she never, ever stops wearing. 

Livin in MD now.

Laughing Hyena

I'll play another witcher if no one minds a latecomer.

fireflights

I don't think you would be considered a late comer when the game hasn't even started :D So I say come on in!

Livin in MD now.

Primarch

Absolutely, we're in early days yet.

While characters are being put together, anyone have a preference for what board we place this in?

fireflights

LOL I was thinking we were starting at Kaer so I'm up for anywhere to be honest :D

Livin in MD now.

Primarch

Oh we are!
I was referring to which 'board' on Elliquiy. Which of the various 'Small Group' boards.

Laughing Hyena

Won't be back until after Christmas to start writing up a sheet.

fireflights

Understandable, and merry Christmas to you all :D Excited to start this, I haven't played the game myself but I watched my boyfriend play it and I do intend to play it so I do know the storyline from watching him play it :D

Livin in MD now.

Deamonbane

Huge fan of the games and books. At least, where I can find them translated to English.

If you guys are still looking, I would like to place some tentative interest on a Witcher.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Carly

Primarch

We certainly need more Witchers.

@Carly, may want to reign Iska in a touch. I appreciate she lacks versatility but a lightning storm creating Sorceress who can create nearly impenetrable forcefields at the same time while carrying around several D&D style bags of holding so she can make use of her Witcher trained combat agility might overshadow some of the others. I might ask you to nip out the "can do both" part in particular, as far as I'm aware bigger magic in the setting tends to require a lot of concentration & focus for one task, nevermind two.

On a more general note concerning the Sorceresses, I think so far all of them have been recruited by the Lodge quite shortly after their training. In the plot I set up a group of Sorceresses re-made the Lodge and then went about remaking the Witchers. As Sorceresses age super slowly (Yenn was supposed to be about 90 if memory serves, during the events of Witcher 3) and a good Sorceress is so important they often become advisers for the most influential people. So if anyone is interested in being a little more experience in the world by all means please feel free to work that in. Not to mention it would back up something Carly mentioned in her post, funding. A Sorceress with a career at her back could have a nice bank account at her back.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Primarch on December 25, 2016, 12:28:46 PM
We certainly need more Witchers.

@Carly, may want to reign Iska in a touch. I appreciate she lacks versatility but a lightning storm creating Sorceress who can create nearly impenetrable forcefields at the same time while carrying around several D&D style bags of holding so she can make use of her Witcher trained combat agility might overshadow some of the others. I might ask you to nip out the "can do both" part in particular, as far as I'm aware bigger magic in the setting tends to require a lot of concentration & focus for one task, nevermind two.

On a more general note concerning the Sorceresses, I think so far all of them have been recruited by the Lodge quite shortly after their training. In the plot I set up a group of Sorceresses re-made the Lodge and then went about remaking the Witchers. As Sorceresses age super slowly (Yenn was supposed to be about 90 if memory serves, during the events of Witcher 3) and a good Sorceress is so important they often become advisers for the most influential people. So if anyone is interested in being a little more experience in the world by all means please feel free to work that in. Not to mention it would back up something Carly mentioned in her post, funding. A Sorceress with a career at her back could have a nice bank account at her back.

Primarch does the witcher schools still exist in some aspect or are they all of the same school and if so I assume it is the school of the wolf?

Primarch

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on December 25, 2016, 01:58:58 PM
Primarch does the witcher schools still exist in some aspect or are they all of the same school and if so I assume it is the school of the wolf?

No Witcher schools were still in operation and there had been no new Witchers since the days of Geralt 100 years previous. The school re-opened by the Lodge is Kaer Morhen, the traditional home to the School of the Wolf. The research gathered before creating new Witchers however came from far & wide, so some lore & knowledge may have come from any other Witcher school.

Carly

Sure, so reign in the lightning, - cant cast two spells at once, no combat agilty and no pouches of holding ? if i make those changes is she ok ?
can she keep the linking speciality ? Did you want me to leave her spells being reduced in number and no portal casting or healing spells as she has powerful specialities?

Primarch

That would be fine. She can keep the linking. Having a general/modest understanding of other Sorceress practices is perfectly fine. Portal casting seems to be very common, healing less so but still not rare as far as I'm aware.

Carly

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=260306.msg12860709#msg12860709

ok she is nerfed in the way you requested PRimach.

Is her family business I mentioned sensible to you or did you want me to make her poorer and have something to aim for in the role play?

I was thinking that castles etc would need a lot of money to get right, and I assume that a nearby town would be something the lodge would heavily invest in also if that's where we get our food and supplies

Furthermore I guess we need to pay for servants and guards etc right ?

We need a gold mine or something !

Primarch

She doesn't need to be poor but I think Sorceresses don't tend to have very much contact with their families once they are accepted for training.

As for servants & guards, Kaer Morhen is in a very remote area and I believe the Witchers generally kept to themselves and took care of things. If the new Lodge who are running the show want to do things differently that's their prerogative.

Carly

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=260306.msg12860709#msg12860709

Ok third times a charm - when you do have time primarch can you tell me if she is acceptable in the form she is now, I think I have changed her to be in line with what  you hoped.

Primarch

Character: Lucrezia of Beauclair
Player: Primarch

Role: Sorceress
Specialties:

• Pyromancy
  • Oneiromancy
  • Alchemy

Personality:

• Pragmatist - Lucrezia has spent decades as political animal in Toussaint and long since learned to act on the reality of a scenario.
  • Ruthless - Lucrezia will allow nothing (and nobody) to get in the way of her objectives
  • Patient - A year or two is nothing to a Sorceress. She will take her time to make sure something is done right.

History:

• Born in Beauclair only a handful of years after the Higher Vampire Dettlaff was killed.
  • Her affinity for magic was discovered and she was relocated to the recently relocated Aretuza Academy.
  • Following her graduation she spent several years traveling, during which time she become involved in the Imperial Court and spent a year lecturing at Oxenfurt.
  • Returned to to Toussaint where she became adviser to Duchess Anna Henrietta's successor. She largely held this position for the next sixty years, though there were  many sabbaticals. Throughout this period she became famous (or perhaps infamous) for political maneuvering and asserting influence as much as she could. At one point it was an 'open secret' that the Duke was a mere puppet.
  • Some years ago she met with other noteworthy Sorceresses and was a founding member of the reformed Lodge.
  • Traveled to various locations famously associated with Witchers to assist in their project.
  • Since the Lodge successfully re-created the procedure to create Witchers she has stayed at Kaer Morhen, overseeing the new School with other members of the Lodge.

Relationships/Connections:

• Open
  • Open
  • Open

Additional Details:

• Though she does not operate under the title, she is technically a Countess of Toussaint.
  • Her tremendously long career in Beauclair's court has provided her with a sizable fortune, much of which is currently held up in property. She owns three Vineyards, most notably Corvo Bianco. She has long since let the day to day runnings to others.
  • During her time at the Imperial Court she was working as a Spymistress.
  • Finds Gwent to be 'common,' but is a horse racing aficionado and has enjoyed success in Toussaint's racing tournies. She currently rides an ashen mare by the name of 'Dame.'

Vlexia

*raises hand*

So question....

I am interested in making a character, but possibly one that would hire the witchers for a job or interact with the sorceress.  What plot did you have in mind, Primarch? Is it going to be mostly training at Kaer Morhen? Are you guys planning on traveling? I could be anything from an herbalist merchant to a bastard daughter of the emperor who seeks higher glory.

Thinking of making her a little exotic, like half-Zerrikanian so she's got a bit of bronze to her...

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.