Robotech: We Will Win!

Started by Lustful Bride, August 23, 2015, 06:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lustful Bride

It has been many years since the terribly destructive war between the Robotech Defense forces of Earth and the Zentradi Armada, whose orbital bombardment nearly wiped out all life on the planet. Despite many difficult trials and tribulations, some of the Zentradi population, enamored with Human culture and the prospect of a life without war, were brought in and some mixed with the humans they had once fought. While others left to find their own path in the galaxy, or join the voyaging warbands that travel through space, wanting to continue fighting endlessly in space.

Since then many things have happened on Earth, new discoveries, technologies and even new foes. The Invid, a savage and unrelenting insec like race have conquered the earth. Their occupation has forced most of the Robotech Defense Forces and people of Earth into subservience. Those who did not surrender were destroyed with only a few resitance Forces left, and so it continued for a while, under ground rebels striking at the Invid wherever they could, hoping one day for a chance to truly fdo some damage, especially at their main hive at Reflex Point, where their queen resided.

Many thought that nothing would change and eventually the Invid would wipe out the pesky rebels, until an Assault down in South America, an entire town destoyred and nearby Invid forces were destroyed. Their outpost completely cleaned out of spare parts and protoculture power stocks. In a move that none, not even the Invid, had expected. Zentraedi raiders, tired of fighting others of their kind in space over dwindling resources, made a visit to Earth with some hoping to join Humanity as their ancestors had or to score some vital supplies. Instead they find the world occupied and no one to object to them stealing supplies. No united RDF forces to stop them and the Invid too occupied maintaining control of Earth and draining its resources to care about venturing out to chase the Zentraedi.

Word quickly spreads among the outsiders and raiders out in space and Zentraedi raids become more common, continuing on around the world  until a surprising turn happens. A single Zentradi mercenary ship arrives and lands near an old RDF resistance base up in Alaska. With offers of working with the resistance to make strikes against the Invid and work with the rebels, in exchange for supplies and repairs to their ship and equipment.

The Zentraedi live to fight and wage war, so working as Mercenaries comes natural to them and they are not as adept at repairs and retrofitting technology as the humans, so the new RDF and Zentraedi alliance seems to be a mutually beneficial relationship.

This rp needs both GMs and Players, it will take place in the Robotech continuity so we can have Veritechs and Destroids and such. I know that the Robotech series was a mish mash of different Animes but its what many of us grew up with and its what made me an anime fan.

So, im just tossing this out here and hoping others bite. Players should be able to play as Zentraedi or as Humans. I wouldn't mind being a Co-GM so if anyone wants to be the main GM il happily help them flesh things out.

My own Character:

Kalista Zurkan, Zentradi Mercenary.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ralhend

I am familiar with the Robotech Franchise, especially the Invid-Invasion Arc.  I had the palladium Robotech table-top books, and the Invid Invasion expansion is where we started. (I played as Lancer)
I love anything to do with mecha, so count me in =)

I am up as a player, and I am a little burned out on gamemastering.
Post Rate: (Lethargic)
Request Thread/ Ons and Offs /A/A Thread
Active Stories on E: (Extremely Selective) 3/3 Discussions/Caged Bird/Maiden Voyage/Shattered Mirror/
Other Games E : (Taken) 1/1 /Chessgame 1, Mimétisme vs Ralhend/

Capone

Gah, if this were more the Macross saga or following the unreleased Robotech: Sentinel storyline I'd be all on board. I have a lack of familiarity with the Mospeada bits, with most of my knowledge coming from the Robotech: Invasion video game. I'm basically more a Macross fan than anything else.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Capone on August 23, 2015, 08:04:51 PM
Gah, if this were more the Macross saga or following the unreleased Robotech: Sentinel storyline I'd be all on board. I have a lack of familiarity with the Mospeada bits, with most of my knowledge coming from the Robotech: Invasion video game. I'm basically more a Macross fan than anything else.

But as you can see it will have a fair amount of macros stuff in it, with Zentraedi, Protoculture, veritechs and such :) the characters main base is the remnants of the Alaska base, and the Grand Cannon.  :-)

Quote from: Ralhend on August 23, 2015, 07:44:24 PM
I am familiar with the Robotech Franchise, especially the Invid-Invasion Arc.  I had the palladium Robotech table-top books, and the Invid Invasion expansion is where we started. (I played as Lancer)
I love anything to do with mecha, so count me in =)

I am up as a player, and I am a little burned out on gamemastering.

Woo! :)

akirakaneda

I'm interested in this topic, Robotech is one of my favorite series. Hope to see if the RP reaches to include some of the details that appeared in Shadow Chronicles ... :D

Capone

Quote from: Lustful Bride on August 23, 2015, 08:07:46 PM
But as you can see it will have a fair amount of macros stuff in it, with Zentraedi, Protoculture, veritechs and such :) the characters main base is the remnants of the Alaska base, and the Grand Cannon.  :-)

Yes, but it's not in spaaaaace! :P

I'll be keeping an eye on this for certain, though. Want to see what sort of shape it takes for now.

Lustful Bride

Quote from: Capone on August 23, 2015, 08:44:59 PM
Yes, but it's not in spaaaaace! :P

I'll be keeping an eye on this for certain, though. Want to see what sort of shape it takes for now.

But it might be, remember there are zentradi out there who could be a threat and we have a ship.  8-)

Gadifriald

Cool idea for an RP and would be a good tabletop adventure with the good ole Palladium Robotech RPG! Unfortunately I don't have the time to participate, however, I am an original Robotech fan who actually watched the series when it was first in broadcast syndication (I was 8, so no old jokes!) and I have the full series and Sentinels on DVD and own "Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles" as well. Heck, I even have all the paperback Robotech and Sentinels books around here and bought the comics and toys when I was a kid! Ahhhhhhh Robotech :-)
I am a mighty ravisher of captive damsels and princesses!

Grizzly

Heh.  Gadifriald, I thought that I was Robotech obsessed but you've beaten me handily.  I'm missing the comics and the toys.  :)
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,