Mortal Kombat (Interest Check)

Started by Florence, July 12, 2011, 09:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

The character certainly looks interesting :O I'm sorry for the delay but I won't be getting much done today sorry :< I'll try having character sheets up  and get to work on the start of the rp tomorrow if people would like.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Alliance

Interesting?

That means, its accepted?

Florence

Yep and.... ugh, sorry, I gotta delay all that stuff I said for another day. Long story short, I'm never drinking tequila again :x

Edit: Another day as in like... tomorrow.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Seaweed

Can I join? Do you still have room? Imm going to make an evil person. muhahaha.

Alliance

Florence

Seaweed

Okay maybe not a bad guy. Idk yet.

But see the dude in my signature Finn?

I was thinking of like a character that combines like Noob Saibot [cause I mean he looks a little like Noob] and then Stryker cause of the gun. And I'd call him Ghost.

edit-

Lol if Ermac, Noob, and Stryker had a baby. Ghost would be it.

Vergil1989

Finished my X-Ray and Fatalities thanks to a little help from Seaweed.  I hope they make your approval Finn buddy.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

thebobmaster

Eesh...that is a pretty painful sounding X-Ray move. I should start working on my character's X-Ray move and fatalities.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Seaweed

Name: Ghost

Race: Human - Psychic Soldier

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Alignment: Outworld

Faction: NA

Weapons: Gun, Grenade, Dagger

Abilities/Fighting Style: It should be known that Ghost is a psychic soldier. Which means when I say push them away its with the strength of his psychic powers. All right first unto his fighting style. A lot of his combos will be a mixture of Noob and Ermac. I said combos, not projectiles or teleports. I just said combos. Though at times in his combos he may throw a psychic burst. He shares combos that combined both Noob and Ermac.

Videos for your delight

Some of his moves as said are slightly like Ermac and Noob. And I mean the combos 4hit combos.

So Noob: MK9: Noob Combos

Ermac: MK9 - Ermac Combos

His projectiles abilities include grenades and guns. Much like Stryker and I am adding in Stryker's roll to Ghost. As aid only projectiles and rolls. Do not pay attention to Stryker's X Ray or anything else. Just the projectiles.

Videos for pleasure

Some of his projectiles would be like Stryker and his gun projectile plus Strykers  roll: (MK9 Online Match) Stryker vs Scorpion

The gun is around 2:20. Grenades, Guns, and Daggers oh my.

Many of his grapples share common place with Kano however. One of Kano's grabs is he grabs them and slices them a few times and lets go. I notice a lot of grabs these characters do are from the shoulder. Where as Ghost will grab one arm and shank them in the stomach then push them away and back off.

Ending/Beginning Pose:

Beginning Pose- Ghost walks up slowly, with a bit of a cool swagger to him. He gets into his stance, like the picture in the appearance I have for him. Except without the gun and dagger.

"Prepare yourself," he says in a smooth, low, but young sounding voice.

Ending Pose-  Ghost takes out his gun and shoots the floor.

"Who's next," he says.

X Rays/Fatalities:

X Ray- Where is the Money- Ghost will run in and shank his enemy in the abdomen, then he'll punch them in the neck, and finish it with a knee in the groin. Enemy will fall to their knees, Ghost takes this chance to gain distance from enemy saying something alongs the line of, "Pathetic,"

Fatality 1- Dubstepping- Ghost breaks his enemies legs with his psychic powers. While the enemy bends onto the ground, Ghost puts his leg on their back and shoots the back of their head. Allowing their head to explode as the bullet comes out the other end. The finishing pose is of Ghost keeping his leg on their back and reloading his gun.

Fatality 2- Confectionary Confetti- Ghost stabs the enemy into the abdomen, exposing some inners of the enemy. But Ghost isn't finish. He loads a live grenade into the new chest cavity he has made. He walks away from it as the body explodes into tiny little pieces. The finishing pose is of Ghost just standing rather cooly, as blood splatters on his clothes.

Bio:

Originally from Earthrealm, Ghost was a super psychic soldier. Fully used for weaponization. Throughout most of his young life, he had been trained by the best of the best. To not only control his psychic abilities, but also to become a fully automized weapon. The plan seemed a success as young Ghost went out and did Earthrealms dirty work.

Now in his twenties, Ghost has escaped both Earthrealm and the hands of his nurtures and capturers. As a weapon he is searching to find a better user. Someone who can utilize him to the fullest. At the moment he is serving Shang Tsung, Outworld a new and interesting world to Ghost, whom has required some plans of Ghost, utilizing him as a weapon.

Ghost has no problems with being a weapon. After all that's all he knows. What he has a problem with is weaklings trying to hold his trigger. Weak people who do not know how to use him. People he could crush easily. Of course Ghost being naive in the fact that he doesn't have very many human emotions, doesn't realize he too is being played by Shang Tsung.

When he finds out of Shang Tsung treachery [this will be of course later on] Ghost will make allegiance with someone else. Who, no one knows that far into the future.

Others:

So Ghost voice isn't deep like Noobs, but it isn't very like light and girly either. Its something in between. Sorta ethereal and ghostly, low and haunting.

Ghost Theme Song- Canaan Ost - Sorezore no Kanashimi

Florence

Nice character :O Though I'm curious how he manged to escape Earthrealm. Its not impossible, but its certainly something that would have a story attached to it.

Anyway, here's the first of my characters, already working on another:

Name: Yuge

Race: Human

Appearance: http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/a/ab/Smokerenderexp2.png
(With a slight blue tint in the clothes, and black hair.)

Alignment:  Earthrealm

Faction: None (Formerly Lin Kuei)

Weapons and Abilities:
-Steam creation and manipulation: Yuge is capable of creating and manipulating water vapors, including condensing it into water, spraying it as a mist, freezing it solid, or heating it to boiling.

-Bo Shuriken: Yuge is also skilled in the usage of bo shuriken, pointed iron spikes, used as throwing weapons. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Bo_shuriken.jpg

Bio:
   Yuge was adopted by the Lin Kuei at a young age. The Japanese youth doesn't know much of his history, and the Lin Kuei is the only family he's ever known. He served them loyally and faithfull from childhood, doing whatever the Grandmaster required. He soon become one of the Lin Kuei's top assassins. His unique steam manipulation power proved very useful and got him noticed early on.
   When the Mortal Kombat tournement was announced, the sorceror Shang Tsung hired the Lin Kuei to fight for Outworld. The nature of the Mortal Kombat tournement was kept hidden from them, but they were told of great rewards. The grandmaster, however, knew of its true nature, and was promised that the Lin Kuei would be given great status and power in Shao Kahn's new Earthrealm.
   Yuge distrusted this sorceror and the monsters he kept fighting for him. He was to fight in the tournment, but went to the Grandmaster abut his suspicions. Ariving at his door, he heard voices from within... not wishing to spy, he was going to leave when he reaized they were discussing the merging of the Realms, and he couldn't help himself.
   Learning the truth, he barged in on the Grandmaster and Shang Tsung, and pleaded with him not to trust the words of the Outworlders, that they would betray the Lin Kuei. He was assured the Grandmaster would do nothing hastily, and all would be taken into consideration. He was then ushered outside and instructed to wait outside, where he could get some fresh air.
   After many hours, two of his fellow assassins approached him... and as a matter of courtesy and respect, informed him they had been instructed to defeat him and bring him to the Grandmaster, unconscious, so the Grandmaster could silence his words of treason before the others could be tainted. Their respect, however, did not mean they weren't intending to follow through.
   After a lengthy battle, the others lay dead... and he knew his course. Not for the sake of Earthrealm... but for the clan that was trying to kill him, the clan that he loved, he would enter the Mortal Kombat tournement... and stop the Lin Kuei from causing their own destruction.

Edit: Changed one detail to the story.

Vergil1989

We have a pretty wicked line up from the looks of it.  Looking forward to what follows though.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Seaweed

Florence

Name:  Raijin (pronounced Rye-jin)

Race: Cyborg (Formerly Human)

Appearance: http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110725192618/mk/images/c/cc/Smokeorhydro.png

Alignment: Outworld

Faction: Lin Kuei

Weapons and Abilities:
-Electrical Generation: Raijin is capable of creating electicity and projecting it as electrical blasts. He can also use it at close range to enhance melee attacks, or electrocute someone he has grabbed.

-Magnetism: Raijin can also alter the magnetic properties of his body, to the extent of allowing him levetation. He can also use it to trap metalic weapons.

-Short Range Teleportation: Raijin can dissasemble himself, and utilize his magnetic powers to re-assemble himself somewhere else in the nearby area.

Bio:
   To create a god. That was a goal that many thought impossible. The Grandmaster of the Lin Kuei, with his ambition, believed it not so. He wished to perfect his clan, to make their skills unmatchable, and more importantly, their alleigance to him unquestionable. Embracing modern technology, he began investigating the possibility of transforming the Lin Kuei into cryborgs. Making them entirely unable to question his orders. What better method of testing that technology, than creating a god?
   Raiden, the guardian of Earthrealm... The project aimed to replicate his powers, to transform one of the Lin Keui into a warrior capable of matching a god in battle. The subject chosen is unknown, their original name, their history, nothing. Whoever it is, is probably officially recorded as having gone missing in battle. Raijin's very existance is known only to the Grandmaster and those who worked on the Cyber Initiative.
   Raijin is a prototype, the very first of his kind. He was kept in secrecy, tested in secrecy and once it was determined the project was a success, he was hidden away in secrecy... until the Mortal Kombat tournement. The Grandmaster had determined already that he would have Raijin enter the tournement as a true test of his abilities, and to assure Outworld could not lose. When Yuge defected... the Grandmaster was at first furious... and then delighted... what better test for Raijin's abilities, than to have him hunt down and return the rogue Lin Kuei, so he could undergo... rehabilitation, and made loyal to the Grandmaster once more.

Next one up :D and please note the one edit I made to Yuge's history.

Vergil1989

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to be needing to worry about Raijin in the near future?

Florence

He might be something of a sub-boss, so to speak xD

Though I'm curious, actually... given the fact that the Lin Kuei are Chinese, should I leave the name Raijin, or  call him Lei Shen, which is a name for the Chinese Thunder God (Raiden/Raijin is Japanese)

Vergil1989

It just seems kind of funny that this guy was virtually unknown save for a few people, and that I put in my history that my gal's old man went missing when looking into the tournament.  Call me paranoid lol.  Anyway, I think Raijin is fine but it's up to you my friend.

Seaweed

Raijin is awesome name wise and as a character.

I am the only with a fighter poster I made all by myself.

thebobmaster

Finally got my character's X-Ray move and fatalities up.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Flash Gorden

Updated Allison's abilities a bit so that something actually is there. Also went through and decided to list all of the made characters so far.

dwellinthedark - Mextil - God - Male - Earthrealm
thebobmaster - Sarana - Edenian - Female - Outworld
EbonyQueen - Shaanara - Shokan - Female - Outworld
Vergil - Giselle - Halfdrow, half light elf - Female - Earthrealm
Flash Gorden - Allison - Human - Female - Earthrealm
Alliance - Jagan - Plant Demon - Male - 'Evil'
Seaweed - Ghost - Human - Male - Outworld
Finn - Yuge - Human - Male - Earthrealm
Finn - Rajin - Cyborg (human) - Presumably Male - Outworld

So that's four people for Earthrealm, 2 male, 2 female. Four people for Outworld, 2 male, 2 female. One person currently not really on either side, or so it seemed during my quick glance over. Teams seem to be fairly even.

Still considering making another person, another 'bad' guy. I'd probably make him unaligned, though so that he could go after females of outworld and earthrealm. Pretty sure I could get him into things outside of the tournament. Perhaps a Saurian looking to repopulate his race or some such.

Seaweed

I fixed Ghost's X Ray for it to make more sense.

KikuLei

Name: Kirce Lu`miere
Race: Moroi / Vampire
Alignment:Neutral
Resides In: Outworld
Faction: Moroi Empire?
Weapons / Abilities:
- Weapon is a halberd edged blade tied to a long strong rope-like chord that is on the back of her corset, she spins and slices her opponent with it.

Abilities: Can hide wings, Can fly, often used in her attacks like...
Vamp:  Swurving her hips infront of the opponent she tilts her head taking in a deep breath before diving on the opponent in mid-air she spins her halberd bladed ' tail ' slicing their stomach just before she wraps her legs around their torso feasting on their neck.

Hot Blood: Can spit what looks like blood at the enemy, but turns into flames in mid-air.

High Heel Heaven: Standing on one foot she swurves her leg spinning in a rounded kick jamming into often the enemies jaw before  grabbing the males leg hugging his thigh swinging inbetween his legs and behind him releasing in mid air stomping on his back. { all happens in a matter of 4-5 seconds. }

Diced: Jumping towards the enemy one foot on the ground  she glides her heel through the enemies stomach lightly slicing it in a ballet-like dance before within half a second her halberd tail slices their head off.

Bio: A vampiric woman often seen in a ' Witch ' costume. She seems to be not much of an opponent to some of the other warriors but, she enjoys the groups. She is a blood thirsty { Literally } Often knocking them off balance and making twisted comments. Often flirtacious almost to the point of groping( Much like Mileena when she takes her opponent's face sensually and snaps their neck. ). Kirce is known for her signature weapon which she usually combines with sai.  She is often the only woman in the group and therefor is very into competing with them around men. She feels the need to express this, however is also very active in murdering her victims. She has had several run in's with Mileena however nearly died and got away with burning part of the female's face. She is known for appearing and is often seen, she is a wanderer and often called a ' sprite '.

Seaweed

Kiku, this isn't Grope Kombat. This is Mortal Kombat.

Your characetr is really turning me off right now. I'm sorry if I am being a little.

Laughing Hyena

Name: Xagoris
Home Country: Earthrealm

Fighting Style(s): Wing Chun, White Crane
Weapon: Razor Nails (Created through Transmutation)
Speciality: Sorcery (Transmutation)
Animality: Black Ooze

Abilities:

Sorcery (Transmutation): Xagoris's sorcery is mostly focused into bettering his own body and perfecting it. His control is great enough that he is capable of transforming his limbs into weapons or growing extra limbs that fade after a short moment of time, or turning which is useful in battle for becoming a very unpredictable opponent. Or as greater displays of power goes his entire body to suit his needs such as when he needs to shapeshift into a beast or animal. Shapeshifting however into something akin to animals or such is a much more time consuming task and is often done when Xagoris is not threatened.

Earth Spike: A spell that can manipulate the earth itself in a limited fashion by infusing it with sorcery. In this instance the earth comes alive briefly and spikes up underneath the opponent in the form of a large fist that throws the enemy up into the air towards Xagoris doing minimal damage but setting the enemy up for a combination attack. If the enemy ducks however the spike will overshoot the target as the spell aims for the upper back.

Sharp Steel: This magic animates fragments of steel shrapnel and flings them forward at the target which is meant to cut and shred to opponents flesh inflicting respectable damage to the opponent. The steel after it is animated dies out into nothingness.

One with Mother: Xagoris merges himself with the ground itself to travel through it and then rises back up behind the opponent. This is often used to dodge an attack then counter strike or as a means of fast travel in immediate danger.

Reason for entering Mortal Kombat: To ensure that Earthrealm does not lose the tenth tournament.
Personality: In times of peace he is calm and soft spoken and seemingly quite harmless. Displaying a distinct inquisitive nature, always asking questions of another and seldom giving answers as well. During times of conflict he is swift, pragmatic and cunning, willing to go all out to defeat those whom oppose him or threaten Earthrealm.

Background: Acting as a guide for the other Earthrealm warriors, Xagoris is a sorcerer whom is much older then he actually is due to longevity rituals to surpass his natural human lifespan. He has been around since the last nine tournaments, each time failing to have Earthrealm emerge victorious in the disputes. Selecting the champions is not enough now with so much riding on the tenth tournament. Determined even more then before, Xagoris takes a more active approach in Mortal Kombat.

Appearance

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Florence

My main question with this character is how a vampire from Vaeternus wound up with the Lin Kuei, a group of Chinese assassins in Earthrealm.

And Laughing Hyena, I believe we already have a guide character.