News:

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apygoos

Quote from: Ryven on August 26, 2013, 04:29:11 PM
It's funny you should mention that because I tried him out using AP items just to see.  I really haven't been able to use his Ult that effectively since I've been playing him, so I went a different route that didn't necessarily depend on it that much and went with lich bane, AP items, and stattik shiv with a hextech blade as well.  His W does a surprising amount of damage with that build, and adding the lich bane damage to that just made it that much better.  I don't think this build would be as deadly as other champions in classic, but given the poke potential it has, I can see using it in ARAM, especially if you already have another AD carry on your team.
on PBE, there was a time The Culling did almost 10k damage as AP lucian

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 26, 2013, 04:35:47 PM
He does that purposely for this exact reason.

...the exact reason of encouraging people to think he's not worth listening to? That seems counter intuitive.

On the one hand, yeah, ADCs can be total douchebags.

On the other hand, so can everyone else. I've seen everything he described on every single role in games of League and I'd say that, on the whole, I see it most often on mid players with ADCs a distant second. This guy (Sky?) just comes off sounding as whiny as the people he's bitching about.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Sain

Personally I've found that it's pretty easy to get past the petty attitude some people have in game, just try to avoid investing too much emotion into it and if it's really that disturbing use the ignore button before the can get under your skin. Playing ranked also helps if you can get to good mmr where people can't afford to spend so much time typing, though there are still some toxic people and trolls in every elo. If you're playing normals though, go queue for draft (people there are a lot more tryhard and less ragy in all mmr) and don't play when people just get out of school/work.

Started spending a minute or two before opening client to consciously plan my playing and noticed clear increase in both enjoyment I get out of the game as well as in skill level in couple of months :D Still only playing with mid plats but for me it's heaps more enjoyable than playing with bronze-silver was.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Shjade on August 26, 2013, 04:39:04 PM
...the exact reason of encouraging people to think he's not worth listening to? That seems counter intuitive.

On the one hand, yeah, ADCs can be total douchebags.

On the other hand, so can everyone else. I've seen everything he described on every single role in games of League and I'd say that, on the whole, I see it most often on mid players with ADCs a distant second. This guy (Sky?) just comes off sounding as whiny as the people he's bitching about.

.... I think you missed the point.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Gavlois

I think Shjade just took the video a bit too seriously, but he does have a point.
O/O

SouthernKitty

I love this game! Personally my favorite characters are Teemo, Anivia, and Soraka. If I ever get approved I will gladly share my summoner name with anyone. :3

Shjade

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on August 28, 2013, 01:40:24 PM
.... I think you missed the point.

No, I got the point. I take issue with the presentation.
◕/◕'s

Nadir

I only started playing this yesterday and it's a lot more fun than I expected.

Ryven

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 03, 2013, 09:09:02 AM

Yesssssssss!  Come to the dark side. ^-^

Nadir

I noob so hard but I don't even care ;D

Gavlois

We all noobed hard at the beginning.
O/O

Ryven

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 03, 2013, 11:52:14 AM
I noob so hard but I don't even care ;D

Play bot games to get the hang of things.

Nadir

Oh, I am. I really like Vlad, he's tons of fun to play.

Ryven

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 03, 2013, 12:39:52 PM
Oh, I am. I really like Vlad, he's tons of fun to play.

He is very fun, and can become very annoying to play against late game because of his damage and regeneration.

Shjade

Though if a game goes really long Vlad falls off somewhat due to his total absence of CC. It makes him easier to avoid than most mages, so he has a harder time actually putting his damage and tankiness to work.
◕/◕'s

Nadir

... uh huh.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by how non-aggressive the community is.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 03, 2013, 01:45:15 PM
... uh huh.

I'm also pleasantly surprised by how non-aggressive the community is.

I hope that is sarcasm.  LoL has one of the worst gaming communities.

Gavlois

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 03, 2013, 02:10:21 PM
I hope that is sarcasm.  LoL has one of the worst gaming communities.

Maybe he is still at the stage where people are still learning, and so no one trash talks yet.
O/O

Nadir

Not that I've encountered, only two out of, hmn. Seventy people have verbally harassed others. What about it is bad to your point of view?

Shjade

When you get nearer to the level cap and/or start playing Ranked, the "serious competition" mode, you start running into a lot of caustic personalities at work.
◕/◕'s

Gavlois

Because apparently you aren't allowed to be human and make mistakes at that level of play.
O/O

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 03, 2013, 02:37:09 PM
Not that I've encountered, only two out of, hmn. Seventy people have verbally harassed others. What about it is bad to your point of view?

How long have you been playing the game?

Nadir

Quote from: Dim Hon on September 03, 2013, 09:09:02 AM

SinXAzgard21

Go visit the forums for league.

Nadir