Werewolves of Miller's Hollow Episode 4 [Ended]

Started by Xillen, June 05, 2009, 04:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryven

Fine, fine...I vote for Avi as well.  If someone more qualified to be lynched comes along, I might change it.

Xillen

Quote from: Avi on June 14, 2009, 09:13:35 PMAnd besides, in a normal situation, people don't lynch people for fun (usually).

I think Trieste gave the right analogy, by comparing this to a game like Risk. There's no reason you're attacking other players in Risk, other than for the purpose of defeating them and winning the game. It's not like all the zones that fight each other during the game have revealed political reasons for trying to either weaken or conquer a bordering zone.

It's the same like this. While there is no flavor information for the characters that there are werewolves afoot, the players actually know that there are 5 werewolves (6 if the alpha already made a move), a halfbreed and an alpha. For those that are not a werewolf, it's in their best interest to try and lynch one, even though there was no flavor text to provoke them so.

Will

I'm a little suspicious of Avi for trying to give the wolves a free night, but he does seem sincere in his reasoning, however strange it was. >.> 

Saffron, on the other hand, hasn't even mentioned it since she tried to back him up, which makes me think she saw an opportunity and ran with it, only to back off when it got shot down.  Not to mention, she's trying to kill someone simply for not trusting her.

I vote Saffron.

EDIT: 2,222 posts!  Squeeeeee
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Xillen

Lynch Votes:
  • Avi - 3 votes: Eden, Saffron, Ryven
  • Saffron - 2 votes: Ket, Will
  • Desan - 1 vote: Avi
  • Marguerite
  • Trieste
  • Elunari
  • Greenthorn
  • Kaz
  • Aiden
  • Eden
  • Fragile Dreams
  • Josietta
  • Ket
  • Krysia
  • Ladysky
  • Maeven
  • Mannik
  • Pianoman
  • Rafufu
  • Rhapsody
  • Rockin
  • Ryven
  • Saku
  • Scott
  • Teno
  • Will

Not yet voted: Marguerite, Trieste, Elunari, Greenthorn, Kaz, Desan, Aiden, Fragile Dreams, Josietta, Krysia, Ladysky, Maeven, Mannik, Pianoman, Rafufu, Rhapsody, Rockin, Saku, Scott, Teno

Remaining Roles:
  • 13 Peasants (including one Halfbreed)
  • 2 Soulmates
  • 1 Seer
  • 1 Guardian
  • 1 Healer
  • 1 Alchemist
  • 1 Executioner
  • 1 Cupid
  • 4 Werewolves (possibly one more from the Alpha)
  • 1 Alpha

Trieste

I don't think Avi is a wolf.

I don't think anyone is a wolf.

>.>

Scott tricked me into thinking he voted for me. The things I did to thank him for a vote that didn't happen...! *dies of shame*

Avi

*revives Trieste and hands her one of Ryven's muffins* 
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Trieste

Yay, muffins!

Would a wolf hand me muffins? I think not. :)

mannik

I'm going to have to vote for Scott. He killed Triestie...with shame.

Nadir

He would if her was fattening you up for better eating!

Avi

*blinks*  A man can't even do a nice thing for a lady around here?  What is the world coming to?

Ryven

I change my vote to Scott.  I can't vote against someone who endorses my product. :)

Trieste

Quote from: Eden on June 14, 2009, 09:45:50 PM
He would if her was fattening you up for better eating!

Been sizing me up for the eatings, have you? *squintyeyes* I'm watchin' you. *points two fingers at her eyes, then points one finger at Eden*

Avi

*looks to Ryven, nodding*  Aye, and thank you kindly.

I will keep my vote as is for now, as I've not heard much evidence to suggest that Scott is a wolf.  However, if one of you can convince me of your logic, then I will switch.

Autumn Sativus

Okay, I was making that question as an aside. Obviously in the middle of the village I'm not going to go running to a "GM" and go 'Hey, we can't vote yet?'

I was just wondering what the point is in lynching someone when we (as characters in the game) aren't even aware that there are werewolves yet. Sorry for not being more clear. I only wanted to know what our in game motive was for voting.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Scott

Ok, vote for me if you want, but i'm not a wolf this game *happy happy joy joy".

Wolfin' aint easy!!!

I vote for Rockin because this early in the game the wolves are trying to lay low and survive while us peasants kill each other off.

Xillen

Quote from: Saffron on June 14, 2009, 10:28:55 PMOkay, I was making that question as an aside. Obviously in the middle of the village I'm not going to go running to a "GM" and go 'Hey, we can't vote yet?'

I was just wondering what the point is in lynching someone when we (as characters in the game) aren't even aware that there are werewolves yet. Sorry for not being more clear. I only wanted to know what our in game motive was for voting.

Well, I could describe how person X was attacked by the werewolves and was scratched all over, but saved by person Y, but then everyone would know that person X is innocent, which would give the peasants too much of an advantage. Therefor I don't mention it.

Technically, the characters don't need a reason to vote, as the characters take a back seat to game mechanics, and game mechanics say yo get to vote. :)

Nadir

Quote from: Trieste on June 14, 2009, 09:54:14 PM
Been sizing me up for the eatings, have you? *squintyeyes* I'm watchin' you. *points two fingers at her eyes, then points one finger at Eden*

What? No! I just wanted you to stop eating the muffins so I could have them all you are in peak running condition should you ever have to run from a wolf!

Xillen

Nah, she needs to eat to get the energy to run. Maybe we should let her eat, and then put her in one of those running wheels for rodents, but then humansized, for exercise :P

Autumn Sativus

Quote from: Xillen on June 14, 2009, 10:55:58 PM
Well, I could describe how person X was attacked by the werewolves and was scratched all over, but saved by person Y, but then everyone would know that person X is innocent, which would give the peasants too much of an advantage. Therefor I don't mention it.

Technically, the characters don't need a reason to vote, as the characters take a back seat to game mechanics, and game mechanics say yo get to vote. :)
-Nods- Of course, I wouldn't expect it to be too easy, that's the fun of the game. I just wasn't sure if we were actually supposed to vote without motivation for it. Thanks for clarifying.
Us against the world

Desan

And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.

Nadir

Trieste

You all just want to see me running around with black eyes. >:|

Desan! Remember how awful retaliatory voting is? :(

LadySky

Busy with her sewing LadySky is quite annoyed that she must stop in order to go place her vote. With a grumpy scowl she marches to the voting booth and writes down Saffron on the parchment.

"I tend to follow my gut and something is feeling fishy with her." she comments and treks back to her shop to put the finishing touches on the new sherriff's uniform.
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Autumn Sativus

Saffron shrugs softly as another votes for her. "I've done nothing wrong. I'm only a peasant, and if you have to find that out by wasting your chance and killing me... so be it."
Us against the world

Desan

Quote from: Trieste on June 14, 2009, 11:20:30 PM
You all just want to see me running around with black eyes. >:|

Desan! Remember how awful retaliatory voting is? :(

He voted for me for no reason. how's that for a response >[
And I don’t really give a f-ck, and my excuse is that I’m young.