Sins of the Seven Seas [KIDNAPPED BY PIRATES!]

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 07, 2016, 09:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verasaille

You are right, Yugi. He would show up as the vacationer. I will explain a little further.

His confession to me that he is probably the rebel as I suspected would get him out of it if he were arrested and the photographer were to test him. But how do we know that the photographer is still in play? We have lost Mynx and Kanrya and Sunshine so far. I am still suspicious of him.

Yes he does his bit with the charts and so forth. He has it down pretty well. His theories are sound and he is convincing. I just don't want to see any more innocents taken. I am probably high on their list of targets now!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

yugi006

"I'm not sure if the photographer is still in play. Besides James who was revealed as the Lookout when arrested, everyone else showed up as a vacationer when arrested or kidnapped. Besides the rebel if their true role is revealed upon being arrested or kidnapped then the photographer is still in play. Otherwise we don't know for sure.

The only thing we do know is that the security officer is still in player since Remiel was arrested immediately after James.

Rel Mayer

But yet one was an active participant and the other was not. It seems odd that you would vote someone active out when you anticipate the other is going to be taken out by not voting/participating, but that's just me.

yugi006

"Well it wouldn't be fair to vote someone out just for that reason."

"For now my vote will be for NightOwl. I will go back and reread things that everyone has said so I may change my vote."

persephone325

Quote from: Valerian on August 25, 2016, 03:40:12 PM
Yay, perse believes me!   ;D  Of course, you might believe me because you're a pirate, but hopefully not.  *hugs*

I can firmly swear on all that is Bucky Barnes that I'm just a vacationer. *hugs*

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 25, 2016, 04:26:14 PM
But yet one was an active participant and the other was not. It seems odd that you would vote someone active out when you anticipate the other is going to be taken out by not voting/participating, but that's just me.

I was stuck between a rock and a hard place, Rel. Both of them were vacationers, so it really wouldn't have mattered either way. My reasoning was just that "maybe Mynx will come back". But she didn't.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

NightOwl35

NightOwl comes back in with a yawn and a stretch.

"Sheesh you all sure love to dog-pile into a majority. Not a good idea since it helps pirates hide easier. Anyways, allow me to start off by saying I may have some information, BUT I will not be mentioning any of it yet. Reason being is that there is still...two things missing from this whole ordeal."

"On the topic of me being a pirate or a rebel though, I must admit that anyone who honestly believes that is really not paying any attention at all. Do you honestly believe I would put myself under suspicions right at the start of this trip if I was a pirate? Again, let me reiterate one huge important fact, one that you all can look at to see how true it is. Until I came forward saying I had advised our Captain on the tie-breaker vote, who of you had interacted with me in public? Not a single one of you. I was completely hidden in the shadows under the radar. There is absolutely NO reason for me to ruin that. So why put a target on myself if I was a pirate? To save another pirate? That's a TERRIBLE plan." Shaking their head. "But alas, should people believe that or not is not my concern. Should people be voting for me for being a chaotic vacationer, then allow me to note one thing. A chaotic vacationer who doesn't know what they're doing can be dangerous. One who does know what they're doing can be the biggest asset to a team."

"Now for the whole ordeal on the original tie-breaker vote. I still will assume responsibility for that one. The reason I advised our captain one way, even though in my eyes both people were probably vacationers was as such. First of all we had Kanrya who had already publicly claimed to be a vacationer. We did not have any sort of confirmation on Mynxish's role. In fact we STILL don't know her role just yet. So she could have been anything, including a member of the crew who is important to our survival here. The other part of people anticipating her not being here, well you could also argue that she COULD have came back. No matter how you look at it, at tie like that is a huge risk and not a good way of handling things."

Looking around, they end up ending their rant with one final note. "Before I go off again to prepare for a much longer rant, I want to make note of one thing that people seem to have overlooked a bit." They say turning to look specifically at Rel Mayer. "Before James was arrested, Remi made a point to say that he, as the fake lookout, looked at you. James, the real lookout, had mentioned that he had seen Blythe (which Blythe had later confirmed), and then seen Remi. But here comes the odd part of this whole ordeal. How DID Remi know your role? Did he randomly guess it, or did you tell someone who was able to tell him? Surely you didn't tell him with how you reacted to it? So perhaps you have some information for us Rel?"

And with that, NightOwl heads back to their secret area where they are observing everything, waiting to come out with a longer rant later on. And that rant may shed some light on things...or it could cause everyone to divulge into chaos.

Rel Mayer

Rel wiggles her itching nose. "Well... Lets see..."

"Remiel and I spoke very casually about the game, but only in jest. And that's after I discovered
this
in Mumble. He mentioned a few different roles about the game, and I stated that I knew nothing. He mentioned the Rebel. I had no idea what that person did either. The first day he truly spoke about the game was a few minutes before he made the post contradicting JM. Never once did he tell me he was the lookout..." 

Rel pauses and leans in, "Even after he posted that he was peeking in on my quarters, he never mentioned it to me privately. Although he has given me zero information about the game. He has only discussed himself. So he's done his fellow pirates a lot of good."

Beguile's Mistress

BeMi sat silently listening to all the conversation not knowing who, if anyone, she could trust or who could definitely be considered a pirate.  She had be wrong in her conclusions from the start.  Everyone seemed to know who everyone was or else they were all playing games. 

She decided to wait and see how the voting went before she made any other decisions.

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes (10)
NightOwl (4) - Guy, Vera, Cera, yugi
Vera (3) - Val, perse, Rel
Guy (2) - Blythe, Ryven
Cera (1) - Night

Yet to Vote (5)
BeMi, Myobi, Kat, KS, Kiric
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

persephone325

Since I trust Val, I'm gonna vote for Vera as well. I still feel just as in the dark as I did when we started.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Rel Mayer

I'll bump Vera up to three. I'm not 100% on it, but it's a suspicion!

Esoteric Myobi

Myobi looked on sadly as her fellow candy enthusiast was arrested. When the Inspector later returned with a note from Kanrya, she seemed unperturbed and continued her steady consumption of many bloody marys. After all, it wasn't entirely surprising that the kitsune was still feeling salty from her initial accusation of her. But that's what happens when you try to steal shrimp from someone!

The Inspector's confirmation of JM's role as Lookout was met with an indignant "I told you so" glare shot in Remiel's direction. Unsurprisingly, he was soon arrested as well. What did leave her blinking in shock and surprise was JM's note to the Inspector. How could her candy adventuring buddy have suspected her?

While speculation and discussion carried on, Myobi was busily scribbling on a napkin before going off in search of the Inspector. "Excuse me, excuse me! Would you please give this to JM?" Scrawled on the napkin was a short note: Is this because I said Twizzlers are icky?

For now, she's not entirely sure where to point her finger at. This seemed like one of those cases where it was a good idea to follow along with the Captain's decision, assuming she had gathered more inside information. As such, she pointed her finger in Vera's direction as well.

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Autumn Sativus

The Inspector returned from looking into the disappearance of Mynxish with little to say. She was just gone. No idea what had happened, no evidence of a struggle or the typical signs they had seen from the prior kidnappings. But she was gone. For now he could only assume that the responsible parties must be getting smarter. "There was nothing in Mynxish's room to show her to be anything more than another vacationer. I hope we can find those responsible before it's too late..." he sighed, looking at Rel Mayer suspiciously.

"I think we need to be looking for more clues... search your neighbor's rooms for anything out of the ordinary when you notice they're not around!"

Each of you may PM me with a player whose room you think might be suspicious. The information you receive back may be true or false. Anything quoted directly, is straight from a player.
Us against the world

Beguile's Mistress

Left completely to her own devices with no input or clues from any quarter BeMi was forced to rely on her own intuition and the thought that most, if not all, of the pirates were still among them.  The chances of getting it right were getting stronger so she cast the black ball Vera's way.

KatKwik

The Kat ponders the possibilities and with another vacationer just opting to go overboard, jumping ship may be the best way out.

She decides to show her support of the fair Captain and votes Vera

Let's hope that Yugi is right and the photographer is still alive.

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes (13)
Vera (6) - Val, perse, Rel, BeMi, Kat, Myobi
NightOwl (4) - Guy, Vera, Cera, yugi
Guy (2) - Blythe, Ryven
Cera (1) - Night

Yet to Vote (2)
KS, Kiric
Us against the world

Verasaille

I see I have gathered some shade, obviously there are those who are believing Nightowl's lies. I stick to my guns. I will not switch my vote. Even the Inspector suspects Rel Meyer. Perhaps it is she who is the other pirate?

I have told nothing but the truth, in that the information given to me. Whether that was lie is not for me to prove. If I am arrested, then the proof will be there for all to see. I am a mere vacationer. I do not lie, even in these games. It's part of my upbringing. I can't pull it off even when I try.

The true pirates have arrayed against me, because I am vocal enough to say it. Pay close attention who votes to have me taken out. They are the ones who are the pirates or supporting the pirates.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Blythe

Blythe mentions, "Full disclosure for the people voting for Vera: She and I have had an alliance since the beginning of the our voyage on this fine sailing vessel. I don't want people to be unaware of that, and I think that I should be open and honest about that. If that makes me look suspicious, so be it. I was suspicious of her due to an early voting snafu discussion in PMs, but not enough to end my alliance with her. I'm not 100% convinced of her guilt and don't really want to vote for her. I'm still pretty convinced of ThatRPGuy's guilt, so I'll keep my vote as-is. I do not know Vera's alignment, though, and have no way of knowing it, but I won't violate the terms of my alliance with her by voting her up. I agreed to not vote for her."

King Serperior

King hadn't been feeling well, not having had his sea legs, so that was why he was so silent.  However, he was feeling well enough to see that there was a major issue of whom to vote on.  Between Guy and Owl, two people he recalled as being wily as any fox, it was a tough bet.  He wasn't sure about Vera since he trusted Bly's opinion.  As for Cera....he had no clue!

So, even though one was always his friend outside the ship, he wasn't sure that NOT voting for him was the right choice.  King nodded towards Guy and said, "Sorry, buddy.  If I am wrong, I'll get you a drink at a Tiefling-themed bar I know."

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Autumn Sativus

Current Votes (13)
Vera (6) - Val, perse, Rel, BeMi, Kat, Myobi
NightOwl (5) - Guy, Vera, Cera, yugi, Kiric
Guy (3) - Blythe, Ryven, KS
Cera (1) - Night

Voting will close before 8am est. Could be an hour, could be closer to then. Depends on how my night goes.
Us against the world

Beguile's Mistress

I really don't know who to trust.  PM contacts that don't happen or go nowhere simply add to the distrust.  Looking for my own self seems to be what I need to do.

Autumn Sativus

Okay I lied. Actually super busy.

You guys have until tomorrow to change votes around.
Us against the world

Verasaille

Due to several late PM's I am changing my vote to Ceralily. If I go down anyway, I want to thank all of you who did not vote against me. I have enjoyed the game!

persephone325

I don't know.

yugi006

Quote from: persephone325 on August 28, 2016, 03:46:40 AM
I'd like to change my vote to Cera.

"Would you like to reveal the reasoning for the change in vote oh captain?"