(Sandbox Game) True Blood (Looking for a Vampire King!)

Started by TheHangedOne, June 28, 2011, 09:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuje

Quote from: bubby on July 02, 2011, 07:40:35 PM
Here's a plot bunny. Anyone wishing to be an employee of Lillith at the Lumination...say aye? Would that be ok Hanged? Unless you think that would be to close to cannon.

My char could drink there, or he could even be hanging out there for research, or both.

Edit: Also found a pic for my char, whose way back over on page 1. :)

bubby

I have no problem with the Lumination being a main hub of the game. Kinda gives a place for people to start anyway.

TheHangedOne

Sounds good to me.  :D It can be "The" bar to go to in Bangor. Make it a big, bustling place.  kind of like Fangtasia yes, but I'd imagine that in the True Blood world, their would be dozens of places exactly like that.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Primarch

Quote from: TheHangedMan on July 03, 2011, 08:49:41 AM
Sounds good to me.  :D It can be "The" bar to go to in Bangor. Make it a big, bustling place.  kind of like Fangtasia yes, but I'd imagine that in the True Blood world, their would be dozens of places exactly like that.

Sounds legit to me.

RubySlippers

If the owner needed money I'd have invested for free True Blood and my own table reserved for me and any guests, nothing else if she wants. Would be good for business as well to have a public place to meet clients our people run and is safe.

bubby

Here are a couple of pics of the inside of the Lumination.  It will be a sort of 'underground club' , with a smallish dance floor. The upper balcony will be like this , giving the place it needs for 'quiet gatherings'. It will be known as a vamp cvlub, as i mentioned, but the word will be out there that any are welcome, and it will be known as a safe haven for all. There will be no dancers, and there won't be any sort of VIP treatment, to keep the vibe more 'regular people'.

Primarch

I think this game is relatively good to go.....

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

RubySlippers

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

For anybody still interested, I am still accepting new players to this game, and will be accepting them with no player cap. If you have any questions or concerns, please ask me, either on this thread or through PMs. Please post your character here and wait for approval before hopping in.
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

In danger of mixing up your character balance, what thoughts do you have on shamans? A character with some/all of the abilities Lafeyette is beginning to manifest?

TheHangedOne

I'm not opposed to the idea, so long as the powers aren't over-the-top. Are you leaning more towards a solitary practitioner, or having a coven that is full of npcs/could have other players join?
Check out my poet tree!

Ramael

If you'd be willing to give me that much leeway, I'd be off my tits. Starting a coven that other players could join at a later date sounds a delightful idea.

They wouldn't be over the top - I love balance. Some minor foresight, some vivid and prophetic dreams (only so deep in ritualistic metaphor they're hard to work out until the last minute) some attunement with nature, that kind of thing. Of course shamans take a lot of drugs (I imagine there's a plothook for some V to get in here as well), so with all these benefits there would be downtimes and comedowns to balance them out.

TheHangedOne

Sounds good to me, on all fronts. With the V, I'd imagine it would just amplify his/her abilities; visions are clearer and in more detail, precognition is more active and easier to understand for a time.

:-) Go ahead, and work on a character sheet, if you'd like.
Check out my poet tree!

Caela

This looks like fun and I adore the books and the series so the idea of an rp in this 'verse just makes me all kinds of giddy! lol If you're not taking players anymore than I'll just tuck the app away to be tweaked for something else. :)

Name:Siobhan O'Conner
Actual Age:25
Apparent Age: 20ish, can look a bit younger at times depending on clothes and hair/makeup
Sex:Female
Orientation:Straight
Race:Human (Fairy Blood)

Powers: Clear Vision: makes her immune glamour and allows her to see/hear the "truth" of things. Lieing to her is pointless, she may not know the truth, but she'll know she's being lied to and call you on it. Best to just say "No Comment".

Skills: Cooking, dancing, marksmanship (she likes guns), gardening (her family says she could make plants grow out of stone) and speaks English and French fluently and can read basic Gaelic courtesy of her Nan.

Personality: Siobhan can be as temperamental as her fiery mane of hair would lead you to believe. She can swing from happy and sunny to darker than thunderclouds in almost a heartbeat but has gotten better over the years at controlling her mood swings. Or at least appearing to control them and simply not letting them show as much. Mostly she is an optimist but there's a streak of pragmatism in her too and she can be far more practical than is comfortable for most people, not bothering with the polite lies that most of society skates around on. She can be blunt to the point of rudeness but is never mean spirited or wantonly cruel.

Bio: Born to loving parents she always knew there was something a bit different about her family. Her mother had the gift of Sight, no one was able to lie to her without her knowing it, and her Nan told the most fantastic stories of meeting a Fae and taking him as a lover for a time while Grandad fought in the War(her Gift let her know Nan believed it, but she wasn't sure she did). Other than her Gift, and the annoyances it brought, her life was mostly normal. Born and raised in Maine they moved around a bit until her father finally opened his own contracting business in Bangor. With Mom helping him, it didn't take long for business to be booming and they settled in quite comfortably. Making friends was difficult because people lied to each other on an almost daily basis and it grated on her nerves. Even the whitest of lies ("Of course that dress doesn't make you look fat!") jangled her nerves and made her teeth clench. It made her a bit of a loner but the few friends she did have simply learned not to bother lying to her and to just tell her they didn't want to talk about something instead of lying about it.

As an adult it was easier to pretend not to hear all the lies around her, but they drifted on the air like a summer breeze and she simply learned to ignore most of them. There was no real harm in the majority of the lies she heard and when she thought there might be she would call a person out on it, but mostly they were just none of her business and so she went about her day and tried to avoid the people that tried to used her for their own personal lie detector.

Nothing pisses her off faster than someone asking, "Would you tell me if my husband/boyfried/lover is lying to me?!"

bubby

Looks good Caela! You're in! The links for OOC and RP thread are a little further down. Post whenever you wish. Hanged will add your char to the sheet when he returns this weekend!

Caela

Yay!!! Thanks Bubby! ~bows to the pretty with a grin~

bubby

Damnedangel

Hi, I have a character for the position of a bartender at the club.

Just checking with bubby to see if thats ok x
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

RubySlippers

I decided not to play this I got lost in the shuffle and am not as good a writer and all the other parties.

TheHangedOne

Sorry to see you go, Ruby. I hope you have fun in other games.  :-)
Check out my poet tree!

bubby

Quote from: Damnedangel on July 18, 2011, 04:29:45 PM
Hi, I have a character for the position of a bartender at the club.

Just checking with bubby to see if thats ok x

PLEASE join us Damnedangel! And a bartender would be just fine!

Damnedangel

Ok cool =) Heres my character hope its ok

http://pirate-queen.deviantart.com/art/Gypsy-Rose-65002390?q=boost%3Apopular%20gypsy%20princess&qo=2
Name: Ashley Lancaster
Actual Age: 18
Apparent Age: 18
Sex: Female
Sexuality: Straight (but is bi-curious)
Race: Shape shifter
Powers: Can change into any animal she likes but prefers to be a snow leopard if she’s alone or running out in the countryside but in a city she likes to be a husky.
Skills: Cooking, photographic memory and can use a gun but prefer to fight in hand to hand combat since she has been in a few street fights and has had training in martial arts.

Personality: Adventurous and curious, she often gets into trouble because of these qualities and doesn’t believe in the saying of ‘curiosity killed the cat’ since she’s still standing. She is also quiet and withdrawn in places she doesn’t know people or she is new to and often lashes out at people who try to get to close to her resulting in her not having many friends.
Brief History: Ashley doesn’t know her parents; her adoptive parents had found her when she was a baby in an abandoned car near the highway. She was raised like a tom boy by her father so went to martial arts training.
On her fourteenth birthday as a shock she suddenly started to get dizzy and feeling sick along with the feeling of her head about to explode then right before her parent’s eyes she changed into a snow leopard. For the first few moments they stared at her and she didn’t know what was going on until they screamed and ran out, getting in the car and leaving her there. She ran out after them to see them leaving and waited for a month for them to come home but realised they had abandoned her just like her real parents had.

For the next 3 years she spent time wondering round, educating herself at libraries and doing odd jobs here and there. But in the past year she has gotten her life together approaching Lillith for a job after seeing a sign for a job of a bartender in Lumination. She’s now working as the bartender even though she didn’t have any grades behind her or a CV but promised Lillith she would work hard each night to prove her worth. From what she earns through tip (since the bar is very popular) and pay she can afford a very small rundown apartment. She has a favour to ask of the king of vampires but is too scared to approach him considering what she is and she thinks the request of finding her human parents is too much but she is also scared since she heard he always asks for a favour in return when he needs something.

Ons: Mostly anything, except what is listed below.
Offs: Scat, watersports.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum - If You Seek Peace Prepare For War.
We all have multiple personalities. The Average is three, but some people have more.
There's the face you wear for your friends and family, the one you let the outside world see.
Then there's the face you see everytime you look in the mirror.

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!