Hail to the King, baby. (Duke Nukem Forever)

Started by Wolfy, January 23, 2011, 08:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

..xD

Brings up a good point..how will Fox News react to Duke Nukem when it finally comes out? :D

Seriously...I think Fox may explode, especially considering they called Mass Effect a "Rape Simulator" And said bulletstorm would turn people into rapists. :/

Kunoichi

I'm predicting that they're just going to ignore it, myself. :P

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 25, 2011, 10:33:47 PM
I'm predicting that they're just going to ignore it, myself. :P

Oh really? Like they ignored Mass Effect and Bulletstorm?

No ma'am....Duke is going to cause a media firestorm on Fox.

Sabby

Meh, I avoid that. It sets me off too easily :/ besides, I'm bloody sick of 'realism'. Duke couldn't be coming back at a better time.

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 26, 2011, 02:11:38 AM
Meh, I avoid that. It sets me off too easily :/ besides, I'm bloody sick of 'realism'. Duke couldn't be coming back at a better time.

Holy crap, Sabby? Possibly excited that Duke is back?

...Seriously did I walk into some Bizzaro world? O-o Duke Nukem seems like it would be something you'd hate, Sabby.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Wolfy on March 26, 2011, 12:37:44 AM
Oh really? Like they ignored Mass Effect and Bulletstorm?

No ma'am....Duke is going to cause a media firestorm on Fox.

Nope.  Like they ignored Mass Effect 2 and all those GTA 3 sequels. :P It's a pattern I've noticed.  They never go after established properties, only new ones.

Besides, Duke's so over-the-top that they're not really going to know where to start.

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 26, 2011, 02:58:58 PM
Nope.  Like they ignored Mass Effect 2 and all those GTA 3 sequels. :P It's a pattern I've noticed.  They never go after established properties, only new ones.

Besides, Duke's so over-the-top that they're not really going to know where to start.

Considering he's been out of commission for 14 years now, I dunno...they may treat it like a new Property, especially if Duke does well and actual makes a come back into a new series of games.

Inkidu

Personally, I just don't like the fact that the gaming community want's to call itself mature and will bash EA's Dead Space 2 ad. An ad which can be marketed to seventeen-year-olds (in the U.S. at least). This is the same community that will buy a Duke Nukem game. What's the Duke got that exempts it from maturity? Nostalgia. I'm not opposed to gross fun, violence, and sexual pandering in general I just don't think the community should have it both ways.

I didn't grow up with the Duke so I doubt I'll buy it. It's not like Mortal Kombat where it has been around the last fourteen years. I could at least play MK when I was seventeen.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Drow Denizen

I love Zero Punctuations mock review of DNF from back in 2009 when no one in their right mind thought the game would actually be released.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/748-Duke-Nukem-Forever

Oh how I look forward to his inevitable actual review of the game (well, if DNF's release can ever be considered 'inevitable'...)
You might say it's sexist to treat women like objects, so you can ogle their luscious rounded boobies and melt away between their smooth milky thighs as the sweat runs in rivulets from their writhing, sensuous body, but...sorry, I forgot where I was going with that.

Sabby

Quote from: Wolfy on March 26, 2011, 02:45:03 PM
Holy crap, Sabby? Possibly excited that Duke is back?

...Seriously did I walk into some Bizzaro world? O-o Duke Nukem seems like it would be something you'd hate, Sabby.

Why wouldn't I like it? :/

Wolfy

Quote from: Sabby on March 29, 2011, 09:30:47 AM
Why wouldn't I like it? :/

I dunno..it just seems like the kind of Macho, Alpha Male game that you'd hate.

Kunoichi

Nah, it's gone firmly into the realm of parody by now, Wolfy. :P

Wolfy

Quote from: Kunoichi on March 29, 2011, 07:19:09 PM
Nah, it's gone firmly into the realm of parody by now, Wolfy. :P

I dunno...can it really be called Parody if Duke was arguably one of the first ever to do it? :P

Shjade

What? Sabby's totally macho!

And yes, Wolfy, it's parody. Duke3d was parody when it first came out. Thus why all his quotes are from other things.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on March 29, 2011, 07:33:23 PM
I dunno...can it really be called Parody if Duke was arguably one of the first ever to do it? :P
Can something that hasn't basically existed on the radar for thirteen years even be parodied?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Nope, it's official. Duke Nukem Forever will be called the next Rape simulator by Fox News.

How do I know this? It's quite simple, dear friends:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11512/duke-nukem-forever-multiplayer-detailed

And I quote:
One of the less funny aspects involve the Capture the Babe mode. When you grab the other teams "babe", sometimes she'll start to freak out and struggle as you take her back to your base, so you have to give her a smack to quiet her down.

A smack on the ass, but still.

:D Thoughts? Feelings? RAGE? ^-^

Inkidu

Quote from: Wolfy on April 05, 2011, 09:01:26 PM
Nope, it's official. Duke Nukem Forever will be called the next Rape simulator by Fox News.

How do I know this? It's quite simple, dear friends:

http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11512/duke-nukem-forever-multiplayer-detailed

And I quote:
A smack on the ass, but still.

:D Thoughts? Feelings? RAGE? ^-^
While I doubt Duke Nukem Forever is going to be a rape simulator, I doubt anyone should feel enraged, incensed, or offended that it has come up in controversy. You can't ask for the the Duke and not take any repercussions for getting the Duke. :\

I'm only worried that it'll set back games' acceptance into the artistic. However, you can't be set back when the media's views of you are already rock bottom. Have fun with the nostalgia, I guess.   

Wolfy

xD Oh Gearbox and 2K...can you do no wrong?

Now to promote the game, they've created a nice little promo game called...Duke Nudem.

You shoot targets and try to beat one of four women's scores, and if you beat them, they take their tops off for you. :D

http://www.boob-tube.eu/duke-nudem/

It just grows better and better everyday.

TheGlyphstone

Technically.

Have you actually tried playing that game? It's horrifically laggy - I can't even get my cursor to a target before it vanishes.

Wolfy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 19, 2011, 08:01:03 AM
Technically.

Have you actually tried playing that game? It's horrifically laggy - I can't even get my cursor to a target before it vanishes.

True..but if you want to unlock all the wallpapers, just type in DNitems.
:D

Shjade

1 - type it in where?

2 - the quick-draw game's a total luck shot: either the target pops up near your cursor or you lose. ;p

3 - keeps wanting to freeze up on me. x.x

4 - beating Rosie by 1 point induces a grin.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Wolfy

Quote from: Shjade on May 19, 2011, 02:51:18 PM
1 - type it in where?

2 - the quick-draw game's a total luck shot: either the target pops up near your cursor or you lose. ;p

3 - keeps wanting to freeze up on me. x.x

4 - beating Rosie by 1 point induces a grin.

just start typing it in on the score window. the Text box will pop up automatically. :P