Starcraft rp interest check

Started by cmpuncle, February 16, 2010, 04:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famine

Should I have Sarah Kerrigan before or after the transformation?
The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Chreestafer

im pretty sure he doesnt care who plays what lol, and i agree i am fuzzy on alot myself but i used to always play it so i have some memories of things lol, and if major and i do the thing where he takes the ship over after the admiral kills himself you as kerigan would have to be the hybrid version, but even as that i never found her evil i always though she had some kind of internal conflict going on where she had almost like a split personality
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Famine

Yes thats what I thought, she seemed more bent on doing what she wanted and not caring much for the overmind. . .
The gods will always smile on brave women, like the Valkyries, whose furies men fear and desire.

Chreestafer

exactly she is a gorwn ass woman! she does what she wants! lol
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

cmpuncle

Yeah I figured that the timeline would be after the Events of Brood War, so Kerrigan is the Queen of Blades at this point, Admiral Dugalle would have already committed suicide.  in fact that sounds like a good starting point.  It could start off right after the events of Brood War so the Terrans are still reeling from the huge campaign, Dugalles crew is heading off...well I'll leave the location up to the terran players..., Zeratul and the Protoss are collecting themselves trying to figure out what to do next, and Kerrigan after Samir Duran disappears is out to discover his hidden plans, which leads her onto the trail of the Hybrids.

As for at some point becoming a Hybrid of all three, that might not be too far from possibility, once Saikotsu refreshes his memory on the game, you two can probably figure out the logistics of that.
"Why So Serious?" Heath Ledger-The Joker-The Dark Knight
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight
"I'm not supposed to lose!" Setzer-Kingdom Hearts 2

Chreestafer

well thats the thing lol its just a theory that can be left open to discussion

also i do believe major and I are playing our own created characters im not to sure about anyone else so if you want i can message you my characters informations and photos or should i post them on here?
Ons and Offs
F-List

cmpuncle

I think I'll go ahead and post up a character profile thread tomorrow morning, as for now I'm off to bed cause I'm sick and exhausted.
"He's the hero Gotham deserves but not the one it needs right now." Commissioner Gordon-The Dark Knight

Chreestafer

its cool im really interested in this so keep me updated on this
Ons and Offs
F-List

cmpuncle

Famine

Hey work is picking up so I am going to be off a lot more than I want to be though I shall come back on sometime soon.

Miles Trent

Hope everyone here doesnt mind if I joined Zerg. I'll try to be a little interesting with my character by making it a little unique. I do plan to give it some psi powers to reflect Protoss abilities on a limited scale so that it stays in the Hybrid theme. Profile coming soon, cause Im not sure if Im able to type in the next few days. Too late for me right now to type anything more than this notice.
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

cmpuncle

so let me just clarify this, does that mean you're going to be a Hybrid, or a Zerg?

Also keep in mind if it is going to be a Hybrid you don't have to be on a side at first, heck you could remain on your own side for the whole rp, just depends on where your character takes you.  Just remember that each side will be fighting for the power of the Hybrids, or will be fighting to destroy them, whichever the case may be.

Can't wait to see your character.

Miles Trent

I'm trying to decide between the two. Zerg Protoss hybrid sounds interesting as a character concept. Me likes a lot.

Well, considering the 'size' *hint hint* and personality of my upcoming character, choosing sides could a little closed. That I'll have to decide upon and its likely to very easily be either Zerg allegiance or lone wolf.... More likely Zerg, and he'll be starting off without a side first. We'll see how it goes once I turn him loose :D.

Once I post up my profile in the coming days, I'll look for an opportunity to jump in.

Edit: One last thing before I go. Heres a linkie to a bit of story in a nutshell for the StarCraft storyline. :) For the convenience of everyone.

http://www.starcraft2.com/features/storysofar.xml
Using a real person's picture is like stealing their soul.... Consult your local roleplay doctor before proceeding. :D
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Saikotsu

another potential lone wolf.  Interesting indeed, though you say you're leaning Zerg.  I'll have to watch what your character does closely, as their actions may easily disrupt the plans of my character (which I approve of.  Unexpected complications usually make a plan that much more interesting...)
Procrastination is like masturbation, you're only screwing yourself.
- a friend
Anyone perfect must be lying.
-Bare Naked Ladies: falling for the first time.
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

The truth is only as dangerous as the lies we tell ourselves.

Miles Trent

Alright. My profile is up for approval on the profiles page.  XD
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Miles Trent

Ill wait for at least one person to get to Mar Sara before I continue posting.  :-) Doesnt seem like I can do much until anyone starts looking for Araq.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

Famine

Alright I should have some time off now.  .  . I can start rping again, anyone know where Kerrigan should be?

Saikotsu

Gonathi has been sending bursts through the hive mind explaining where he is.  He just visited a Xel naga temple near Char, so she might be headed there to investigate.  Otherwise, Araq, a former cerebrate that has been reborn in an odd fusion of a templar and a ultralisk is roaming around Mar Sara. (I forget how Miles Trent explained it at the moment.) Anyway, those are two likely destinations. As for where she is, that's completely up to you, I'd say.
- a friend
Why is it blatantly obvious when two people are in love, but the two lovers are usually the last to find out?

Miles Trent

A thousand apologies for disappearing for the week. One thing after another got in the way between me and my laptop, so Ive not been able to post. No sign of future problems yet so hopefully, I'll be able to post in the coming week.
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

cmpuncle

no worries I've been getting huge assignment after huge assignment lately so I've been really busy.

Saikotsu

me too. It would seem that we were all swamped by one thing or another.  Hopefully I can get back into roleplaying soon.  I'm going to try to resume a regular posting schedule.
- a friend

Miles Trent

My posts are getting longer and longer, and seeing that there are more people joining us now, maybe I should stop and start playing my Ultralisk hybrid again?

It feels like Ive somehow hijacked the whole story from cmpuncle.... Sorry, man. Got a bit carried away. Think I may have gone a bit overboard too, but if everyone doesnt mind so far, I could continue GMing for the duration of the Mar Saran scenario, then someone else takes over once we head to the next planet?
My O & Os
GM One on One Thread

urowen

I was just wondering if you guys are still looking for a player? I was hoping to maybe play a pure protoss, or maybe a terran. If there is any certain role that needs to be done, I would more than easily be ale to fill it. I love starcraft and would love to play along with you guys.

DeviantMunster

Long posts are always welcome! At least when they cover so many different aspects of the game, so long as you're also enjoying yourself~

cmpuncle

I think right now another pure protoss would be best.  So just get a profile up and you're good to get going.

don't worry Miles, as I've said before I only have an overall direction in mind for the rp so if you can keep coming up with little details and stuff like that thatt's a burden off my shoulders, I'll pretty much just pipe up if something seems odd or off track.  The same goes to everyone if you can come up with something to stump someone else feel free to post it, and if you think it might conflict with the overall story direction just send me your proposed action by PM, and I'll let you know if you're good to post it or not.