News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Bastet Project [Recruitment Open]

Started by Flower, September 13, 2015, 08:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

There is no overall religion for them. However, your guy can practice human religions, not believe in any god at all, or have his own personal beliefs. 

Flower

And in case someone is unable to find a nice face claim...here's a suggestion.  ::)

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Flower on September 16, 2015, 06:22:52 PM
And in case someone is unable to find a nice face claim...here's a suggestion.  ::)
I know where that is from! And yes I approve :P

Crash

Submitted

Hello, I'm...

Character's Name: Natalie Lapine
Born At: Somewhere in Alabama
Sexuality: Bisexual
Occupation? Messenger/Hunter
Species: Swara (Cheetah)
Bitten or Born: Born

I look like...

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’1”
Physical Description: Natalie is tall and lithe in all her forms.  She is very clearly of Native American descent when in human form and fiercely attractive.  She has kept fit and trim as a messenger and hunter who survives on her own in the wild.  Natalie prefers clothing that identifies her heritage and is comfortable and durable in nature.  She rarely wears anything frivolous unless it is make-up, which she finds oddly fascinating.

I'm usually...

Athletic:  Life as a messenger and hunter, constantly moving from place to place has kept Natalie in tip top shape.  There are few creatures alive (Cheetas and Swara aside) that can catch Natalie in an outright sprint.  Her fitness and endurance are astounding which has helped make her such a reliable messenger to the towns within “her territory.”  Growing up on the reservation and living so close to the land has taught Natalie how to swim and climb and stalk and hunt.

Self-Sufficient: Natalie can live off the land for a long time.  She knows how to hunt and how to survive in her human and animal forms when in nature.  Natalie learned a lot from her elders about natural healing methods and first aid. She makes it a point to find useful resources when she enters region she is unfamiliar with.

Helpful:  Natalie and the other young Cree were tasked by her elders and the Great Spirit to help society heal in the wake of the virus and the anarchy that followed.  She takes this task very seriously.  Help is not always provided through grand tasks.  Simple actions such as keeping people connected, sharing healing rituals or sharing a kill help the world heal.  It is not something that can be rushed.

Irritable: Natalie is used to being on her own and being self-sufficient.  She is not used to having to compromise with others and finds those that cling to their creature comforts and trappings of western society at best annoying at worst worthless.   Having to deal with others on a consistent basis and live within a small social group again can rub her the wrong way especially if the people are racist or amused by her beliefs.

Cautious: A cheetah’s best defense is its speed.  Natalie would rather run away from danger than stay in one place and fight.  This mentality colors a lot of her thinking.  She plans any endeavor and assures that she has a clear advantage before proceeding.  If she does not so does not force the issue at hand and would rather regroup and tackle the task when the odds are clearly in her favor.

Religious:  The Cree legends and stories are very real for Natalie.  The Great Spirit exists, as does Grandmother Fox and all of the other spirits of the Cree people.  She understands science and has an education in schools that were westernized, but none of that has proven to her that the stories of her people are not true.  There is a place for both in her world it is simply that the spirit world is more important to her than the scientific one.

I come from...

Natalie was born on what was once a Cree reservation in Alberta Canada.  She was just a child at the outbreak of the virus that culled the human and werecat populations of North America.  The reservations were some of the last places that the virus hit being seldom visited by outsiders.  However even the isolated nature of her people did not save them from the impending doom and its aftermath.  Many of her people thought they were better prepared for the crumbling of civilization across the continent, but truthfully much of their ancestor’s knowledge of nature and the land had been forgotten, slowly eroded by technology and wealth.  Yes they made out better than the foreigners in their cities with all of their creature comforts that meant so little at the end of the world, but they were far from unscathed by the ending. 

There medicine was an ineffective as the white man’s when it came to the virus and already decimated populations were brought to the brink of extinction.  Those that survived made do the best they could with the knowledge they had, but most of the elders died in the plague and took the old ways to the grave with them.  Still the reservations were largely left alone by the anarchy that followed in the wake of the virus and what remained of the Cree waited as the few remaining elders advised.

It was only ten years ago that an elder of the village received a vision from Grandmother Fox.  In the vision Grandmother Fox said that it was time for the Cree to return to their place in the world.  They would be needed for it to heal.  The elders and the young remained on the reservation the former unable to move with great ease and the latter not yet adults.  Those of age returned to a land that had forgotten the great spirit, Kisimanito, but Kisimanito had not forgotten the land and gave it its children.

Natalie was along the young Cree men and women to volunteer to leave the old reservation lands and help heal the world.  Being one of the Swara, Natalie was a natural hunter and not just in her feline form.  She knew how to trap and use a bow and arrow.  She could build a fire and live off the land and when danger reared she could outrun almost anything on legs.  Natalie headed south into the old United States visiting towns and farms as she went where she would trade information about what she had seen in her travels for a place to bed for a night or two.  Sometimes the people would ask her to deliver a message to a friend or loved one which she did if her path led her there or if the need seemed urgent.  She met more of her kind along the way and exchanged information with them as well.  She was well acquainted with the discrimination facing the werecats, she had faced it in her human form her whole life.

It was during her early travels that Natalie fell ill.  She had seen the ravages of the virus as a young girl and knew that it had finally caught her.  It was the one thing she could not outrun.  Fever and delirium took hold and she found a wonderful spot under the stars to lie down and die.  In her fevered dream state Grandmother Fox sat next to her and told her stories like her mother used to when she was sick or scared.  Grandmother Fox spoke of Wesakechak and how the trickster had cheated death.  She urged Natalie to stand and run with her if only for a little while.  She was old and wanted one more merry chase with before their time was done.  In her dream she did not feel so ill and obliged Grandmother Fox as was only proper.  As fast as Natalie was in all of her forms Grandmother Fox stayed one step ahead of her.  Eventually Natalie tired and Grandmother Fox thanked her for the chase and bade her to rest again.

Natalie woke up days later in a bed.  An old farmer and his wife had found her laying near their chicken coop.  They nursed her back to health in spite of the danger of infection.  It was a week before Natalie was strong enough to get out of bed and longer still until she was ready to travel again.  As a favor Natalie continued to keep an eye on the couple over the years.  During the lean times she caught game and delivered it to them and brought them news of the world.

Natalie soon found herself settling into a pattern of travel, marking out a territory that she moved through, hunted in and brought news too.  She did this until the elderly couple who had saved her life passed on to the next.  It was at this time that she was approached to join a group forming to explore beyond the western wall.  An opportunity to be with other werecats and away from humans intrigued her and she eventually accepted.

My quirks are...

Fears: Natalie fears letting her people down.  She fears becoming something other than Cree.  The world is very different away from family and others that understand her.  She is alone, which in the wild is fine, but being alone among other people is frightening.
O/O's: Player’s Ons and Offs
Face Claim: Ashley Callingbull
Notes: Carries a hand carved bow and arrows in a leather quiver and assorted survival gear.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Emjay

Quote from: Flower on September 16, 2015, 06:22:52 PM

Wasn't he in Black Sails and Merlin?
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Cuchulainn

I have a few quick questions about the universe regarding the while shapeshifter thing. Firstly how long did it takes to change, is it instantaneous or would it take a minute or more? Secondly I'd it only their body that changes for example if they change into their animal form is it possible they would then get caught up in their clothes and rucksack of they do not strip down first? And finally what happens upon their death, do they revert to human or stay in their current form?

Flower

Quote from: Emjay on September 16, 2015, 09:35:53 PM
Wasn't he in Black Sails and Merlin?

Not sure about Merlin but he's in Black Sails.

Quote from: cuchulainn on September 17, 2015, 01:31:08 AM
I have a few quick questions about the universe regarding the while shapeshifter thing. Firstly how long did it takes to change, is it instantaneous or would it take a minute or more? Secondly I'd it only their body that changes for example if they change into their animal form is it possible they would then get caught up in their clothes and rucksack of they do not strip down first? And finally what happens upon their death, do they revert to human or stay in their current form?

It depends on the character. Like a lot of stuff with species, transformation time varies. Just because one cheetah can reach ## speed, it doesn't mean all of them can. They need to strip or risk their clothes being ruined. And finally, again it varies. Some people might shift back and others may not.

Flower

Also, although we are still accepting both, more females characters would be wonderful. Remember if you know someone who might be interested, send them our way. That goes for someone interested in writing a male or female.  ♥

Wispyr

-Sneaks in- I've been stalking this for a bit now... I... May be interested.  ::)

Flower

I noticed you lurking abouts. I would be happy to see what you create. :P

Marie Reynolds

Just wanted to give an up date i should have  my Character's History some time today. Also will have my on/offs in the  character template as well.

Flower

Excellent!

Again, still recruiting for ladies and gent characters. You haven't missed out on anything. Most people have not even seen each other's character sheets. ♥

Cuchulainn

What about transport? have they run out of petrol and diesel? are they forced to rely on carts and horses?

Lux12

Okay I have a character concept, though it needs a bit of revising since I some how missed the fact that the world had been pushed back significantly in terms of tech.

About how far back were things pushed with regards to technology?

Emjay

Quote from: Flower on September 17, 2015, 06:45:08 AM
Not sure about Merlin but he's in Black Sails.

Yeah I think he was one of the main knights in the later seasons. Can't remember the character's name though xD

Quote from: Lux12 on September 17, 2015, 12:42:23 PM
Okay I have a character concept, though it needs a bit of revising since I some how missed the fact that the world had been pushed back significantly in terms of tech.

I'm pretty sure they don't have electricity...but don't quote me on that
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[tr]
[td]
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Flower

Quote from: cuchulainn on September 17, 2015, 12:40:28 PM
What about transport? have they run out of petrol and diesel? are they forced to rely on carts and horses?

Vehicles still being used but rarely seen. However, horses, your feet, bicycles, skates, or anything of that sort are how people are getting around.

Quote from: Lux12 on September 17, 2015, 12:42:23 PM

Umm, think agricultural society or an extended camping trip.  ::) Emjay is correct. Electricity is a luxury they no longer possess. They are using the lumber from trees to keep warm and so forth. Candles and lamps for light in the dark.

Kokaine

To add to that, lets be sure we aren't losing sight of the focus of this RP. As much fun as world building can be, the current eastern territories aren't really the focus. The group being formed is being sent to currently uncivilized territory to see if it can be reclaimed or if they can learn anything of value. Think back to basics, nature survival with few luxuries. The humans aren't counting on them surviving so they for sure aren't being sent with any special tools or gadgets.

That said, for general feel: The population has been culled significantly. Electricity is no go. There might be functioning generators around here and there (if some folks are handy) but fuels are used sparingly. Which means it is the same with vehicles and much other machinery. Old infrastructure has been slowly reclaimed by nature so outside of stable communities things are broken down and overgrown. Schools have regressed to the one room school house type feel. Doctors are using more natural remedies. Food is without many preservatives and livestock are precious commodities. Civilization is just beginning to stabilize post outbreak and life is labor intensive.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Cuchulainn

Quote from: Kokaine on September 17, 2015, 01:19:20 PM
To add to that, lets be sure we aren't losing sight of the focus of this RP. As much fun as world building can be, the current eastern territories aren't really the focus. The group being formed is being sent to currently uncivilized territory to see if it can be reclaimed or if they can learn anything of value. Think back to basics, nature survival with few luxuries. The humans aren't counting on them surviving so they for sure aren't being sent with any special tools or gadgets.

That said, for general feel: The population has been culled significantly. Electricity is no go. There might be functioning generators around here and there (if some folks are handy) but fuels are used sparingly. Which means it is the same with vehicles and much other machinery. Old infrastructure has been slowly reclaimed by nature so outside of stable communities things are broken down and overgrown. Schools have regressed to the one room school house type feel. Doctors are using more natural remedies. Food is without many preservatives and livestock are precious commodities. Civilization is just beginning to stabilize post outbreak and life is labor intensive.

Wait what happened to all the livestock? I thought the virus only affected humans and werecats and the virus was the cause of most of the deaths. What killed all the livestock?

Kokaine

Quote from: Flower on September 13, 2015, 09:00:29 AM
  • In 2022, the first case of the virus was reported in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Attempts to contain the virus failed. The virus had also reached the continent of Africa. By late 2022, North American countries were also fighting against the epidemic. Whereas the virus did not affect any creatures other than humans and werecats, reports have now been reporting the mysterious death of livestock by the hundreds and that some creatures have simply gone mad.
  • In 2024, more than half of the world’s human population has been lost to the virus. Others are being killed by other ailments and injuries from fighting with one another. Mutated creatures have been preying upon the weak, forcing people away from whatever hobble they’ve made their own.

The livestock they have in the remaining territories are fine in a general sense, but any livestock someone may have is precious as there are thieves, normal ailments, etc. and hunting is not quite a plentiful as it once was nor are things produced in the mass quantities they once were.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Flower

Quote from: cuchulainn on September 17, 2015, 01:45:35 PM
Wait what happened to all the livestock? I thought the virus only affected humans and werecats and the virus was the cause of most of the deaths. What killed all the livestock?

The mighty cows live!

Someone asked a valid question in my messages so I thought I would share here.

Intercourse
In werecat society, female werecats can go into heat when they are around a compatible male mate. In other words, we are leaving it to the female writer’s discretion when they want their characters to enter heat.

If the heat cycle is triggered, it will last for approximately five to seven days. Overall, heat can only occur twice within a single year. It cannot happen if a female is pregnant or infertile. Once a female has entered their heat cycle, the female will become irritable, easily angered, and likely more prone to riskier behavior without some form of sexual *eyebrow waggles* release. This release can be granted by either a male or female werecat. It can be kept manageable through masturbation but this practice will not grant the same relief.

Compatible male werecats are also affected by heat. In other words, you get to determine if your character is affected or not by the female. If they are, it may make the female in question appear more desirable and also increase their desire to forget responsibility for the pleasure of fucking. However, these responses can be managed with experience and control. Some male werecats also possess barbed cocks while others possess human ones. Barbed cocks, within our setting, does not hurt the female. In fact, it increases the female’s pleasure while locking the male werecat briefly into place.

Cuchulainn

Quote from: Flower on September 17, 2015, 02:07:47 PM
The mighty cows live!

Someone asked a valid question in my messages so I thought I would share here.

Intercourse
In werecat society, female werecats can go into heat when they are around a compatible male mate. In other words, we are leaving it to the female writer’s discretion when they want their characters to enter heat.

If the heat cycle is triggered, it will last for approximately five to seven days. Overall, heat can only occur twice within a single year. It cannot happen if a female is pregnant or infertile. Once a female has entered their heat cycle, the female will become irritable, easily angered, and likely more prone to riskier behavior without some form of sexual *eyebrow waggles* release. This release can be granted by either a male or female werecat. It can be kept manageable through masturbation but this practice will not grant the same relief.

Compatible male werecats are also affected by heat. In other words, you get to determine if your character is affected or not by the female. If they are, it may make the female in question appear more desirable and also increase their desire to forget responsibility for the pleasure of fucking. However, these responses can be managed with experience and control. Some male werecats also possess barbed cocks while others possess human ones. Barbed cocks, within our setting, does not hurt the female. In fact, it increases the female’s pleasure while locking the male werecat briefly into place.

Hooray! because I mean all those cattle farms would have just been left unattended in the aftermath, anyway could just walk over and take a few.

Okay so about the male reaction, and how partners are chosen, would this go full animal channel a female watching on with delight while the males suddenly begin to  fight each other both for the opportunity, to impress her with feats of strength and to ensure the others aren't capable to mate with her or is it more...friendly? How does it affect the female? Does she suddenly not care who satisfies her, does she only want the strongest, or will human desires and attachments come into play?

Flower

Quote from: cuchulainn on September 17, 2015, 02:17:38 PM
Hooray! because I mean all those cattle farms would have just been left unattended in the aftermath, anyway could just walk over and take a few.

Okay so about the male reaction, and how partners are chosen, would this go full animal channel a female watching on with delight while the males suddenly begin to  fight each other both for the opportunity, to impress her with feats of strength and to ensure the others aren't capable to mate with her or is it more...friendly? How does it affect the female? Does she suddenly not care who satisfies her, does she only want the strongest, or will human desires and attachments come into play?

It entirely depends upon the character. I am not a fan of settings where it predetermines how people will react to a situation. That’s boring. Instead, I would rather if each character had the freedom to determine how they approach various circumstances. For example, some compatible male characters might feel the urge to fight but that does not mean they have to act upon it. Some might be more aggressive towards the actual female while others might be gentle.

The female always has a choice, which is why masturbation or another woman is listed as an option. If someone tries to force themselves on a woman, they might find themselves missing a ball or attacked by other females in the group.

Flower

Also, I moved the examples of character sheets to the first page here for easy reference of how they should appear.

Caela

Flower and Koka, you girls are great! This looks like a lot of fun...I'll have a concept to you both sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Quick question though, how do regular animals (say horses, livestock, general pets etc. ) react to the werecats? Are they nervous, downright frightened (maybe smelling something that screams "predator" to them) or do they not care?

Kokaine

Quote from: Caela on September 17, 2015, 06:53:29 PM
Flower and Koka, you girls are great! This looks like a lot of fun...I'll have a concept to you both sometime tonight or tomorrow.

Quick question though, how do regular animals (say horses, livestock, general pets etc. ) react to the werecats? Are they nervous, downright frightened (maybe smelling something that screams "predator" to them) or do they not care?

Yay! Glad to see you're interested ^^

As far as your question, and Flower can correct me if she was thinking something different, I'd say its pretty much dependent upon the individual. Just like with humans some werecats will get along splendidly with animals, others will have to approach cautiously, and others still will find animals making warning noises and either trying to attack or flee. Temperament and overall presence probably have a lot to do with it so generally speaking weres can have pets, work with livestock, and ride horses if they've got the right touch.

My O/Os