Hidden in the Smoke - D&D 5E {Iron Kingdoms} Recruiting

Started by Kakihara, January 08, 2024, 07:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie Reynolds

In the Iron kingdoms Requiem book Gifted  give you a choice between +2 intelligence, wisdom or charisma. Did you think it did not give charisma as a standard option?

shengami

There are some discrepencies out there. The preview version of the PDF from the kickstarter had some errors in it. Make sure you have the final version. Haha.
Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

Oh Yeah that is a common thing that  happens in any Kick starter that gives out a preview Manuscript.

Hexed

Well that's an interesting bit to learn. Didn't even realize that hadn't been a final version.

shengami

As Marie said, it was a kickstarter and there were preview version of the document released to to backers. There was also a final version that had errors then a final final version corrected.

Sad to say, but around the time of the third Requiem kickstarted, when the stuff from the first was being released, was when the company started to sort of back off supporting the TTRPG... again... in favor of their wargames. Also the lead developer for te TTRPG left the company around that time as well. Soooo...

It's a problem child. Heh.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Kakihara

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on January 16, 2024, 05:51:13 PM@Kakihara  The Labor boss gives Proficiency in Steam jacks but since they will not be appearing much would you be okay with me swapping out that proficiency for proficiency in a second set of artisan tools?
That would be fine since there will be little to none in the game where there wouldn't be allies using them.

Quote from: Revelation on January 16, 2024, 06:31:16 PMLooks like Kakhiara is allowing Gifted to give +2 charisma though which is nice.
Yeah that's straight from the kickstarter books and pdf unless some errata got released I missed, a choice of the three stats to put your bonus in, much like Pious.  If so, well bonus for you guys. lol

shengami

Priest of Morrow
Name: Jaspar Avreu
Player: Shengami
Character Age: 26
Personality
  Jaspar is a believer. Through and through, he is a Morrowan. Specifically, Jaspar walks the path of Ascendant Markus. He is open, honest to a fault, and courageous. He doesn't doubt his path for a single moment. He begrudges no others their paths, but he walks his steadfastly until such time that Morrow calls him home.

Backstory
  Jaspar grew up in an Ordic village in the Ogunholt. His father and brothers were charcoal makers. If nothing had happened, Jaspar would have followed, but fate stepped in. His father and two older brothers were conscripted by the local baron and went to war. Jaspar was too young by a year. Within a few months, they received the first notice. Then the second days later. His eldest brother and father had been killed. Weeping, Jaspar fled to the local shrine and fell to his knees t pray to Ascendant Markus and Morrow to preserve his last brother. He promised his service for life should his wish be granted.
  The next week, his brother returned home- wounded but whole. The story he told was of a miracle. Of being buried under enemy bodies and nearly left for dead. Of how a glinting light off a buckle had brought an ally close. That he'd heard his brother's cries and saved him. Injured, he'd been sent home. Jaspar knew his prayer had been answered and, as soon as he came of age, he joined the church's military branch, to serve both Morrow and Markus.
  He served the church for a time but saw how the warriors of others factions suffered without Morrow's guidance. It just so happened that the soldiers he saw that day were mercenaries of the Crimson Fangs. He made his offer to journey with them for a time and it was accepted. His is still Morrowan and a servant of the church, but he sees the good he does here and takes comfort in it.

Connection Notes:
Clancy: While going home to visit shortly after joining the Order, Jaspar looked in on his sister and found her in a semi-serious relationship with Clancy and doing well due to Clancy's presence in her life. After a short visit, he accepted and approved. Imagine his surprise when, later, Clancy showed up in the Order. Guess it's time to see what her intentions for Loriana are.

Family Information
--Mother: Branca Avreu
--Father (deceased): Amador Avreau
--Brother (deceased) Lupo Avreau
--Brother: Bartal Avreau (28)
--Jaspar
--Sister: Loriana Avreau (24) (Last heard from in Five Fingers working as barmaid, Clancy's lover)
--Nephew (by Bartal): Amador Avreau
--Niece (by Bartal): Selena Avreu

RACE: Human (Ordic)                        CLASS/LEVEL  Cleric  (Benefaction)/ 1
ESSENCE: Pious                                BACKGROUND: Knights of the Prophet
BACKGROUND(cont.)  ................      ALIGNMENT  Lawful Good

StatscoremodifiersaveStatscoremodifiersave
Strength14+2+2Intelligence10+0+0
Dexterity10+0+0Wisdom*17+3+5
Constitution14+2+2Charisma*10+0+2

ARMOR CLASS: [16/18]  SPEED  [30']INITIATIVE [+0]  PROFICIENCY [+2] 
HIT POINTS:  -current [10-maximum [10]-temporary [--]
DEATH SAVES:-successes[./3]-failures [./3]HIT DIE [d8+2]

[p] +5 MEDICINE (Wis)
[-] +0 NATURE (Int)
[-] +3 PERCEPTION (Wis)
[-] +0 PERFORMANCE (Cha)
[p] +2 PERSUASION (Cha)
[p] +2 RELIGION (Int)
[-] +0 SLEIGHT OF HAND (Dex)
[d] +0 STEALTH (Dex)
[p] +5 SURVIVAL (Wis)
[-] +0 ACROBATICS (Dex)                           
[-] +3 ANIMAL HANDLING (Wis)                   
[-] +0 ARCANA (Int)                                   
[p] +4 ATHLETICS (Str)                               
[-] +0 DECEPTION (Cha)                             
[-] +0 HISTORY (Int)                                 
[p] +5 INSIGHT (Wis)                               
[-] +0 INTIMIDATION (Cha)                       
[-] +0 INVESTIGATION (Int)

weapon/power bonus damage damage type
notes
  Mace   [+4]   [1d6+2]   Bludgeoning   .........................
  Spear   [+2]   [1d6+2]   Piercing   .........................
  ................   [+..]   [.d..+.]   .............   .........................

FEATURES
notes
source
  Shore LeaveAthletics and Survivalrace
  Sea LegsSwim Speed 30'; Not useable in Medium or Heavy armor.race
  Coastal HomeProficiency (Rafts), Carpenter's Toolsrace
  SpellcastingPray for spells, Divine Caster, Wisdomclass
  Domain (Benefaction)Blessing of Self-Sacrifice, Empowerment  class
  Blessing of Self-Sacrifice  When healing, sacrifice HP=lowest of Level/Current HP to add that number to healing rolled.class
  EmpowermentCreature touched can make one attack as bonus action then this expires. The effect lasts until used or 1 hour. Usable #/LR=Wisdom Bonusclass
  ProficienciesLight and Medium Armors, Shields, Simple Weaponsclass
  ....... ........................................................ class
  ProficienciesPlate Armor, Shortsword, Longsword, Greatsword, Insight, Religion, Laelesebackground
  Morrow's GuidancePray for advantage on any 1 round action 1/Rbackground
  Pious - Rewarded FaithLight Cantripessence

SPELL DC [11 + Spell level]SPELL ATTACK [+5]SPELL ABILITY [Wis]CASTING BONUS [+3]

SPELL  {1}    {2}    {3}    {4}    {5}    {6}    {7}    {8}    {9} 
  SLOTS:    2/2    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./. 

Memorized Spells
lvl

target  Casting Time  range    duration 
effect
  Light  cantrip (essence)    Object  1 action  Touch 1 hour Object emits light in 20' radius
  Guidance  cantrip    Ally  1 action  Touch  C/1 min   +1d4 on an ability check then expires.
  Mending  cantrip  Object  1 minute  Touch  Instant  Repair up to 1' of material
  Spare the Dying  cantrip  1 dying person  1 action  Touch  Instant  Stabilize dying creature
  Blessing of Health    1 (Dm)  1 creature  1 BA  Touch  1 hour  ADV on Con against Poison/Disease
  Solovin's Boon    1 (Dm)  Self  1 BA  Self/Touch  C/1 hour  Stabilize as a BA w/no kit or check.
  Command  1   one creature  1 action  60'  1 round  -
  Detect Magic  1   self  1 action    -   C/10 m  -
  Healing Word  1   1 creature  1 BA  60'  instant  Heals 1d4+Cha HP
  Shield of Faith  1  1 creature  1 BA  60'  C/1 m  +2 Bonus to AC

EQUIPMENT
Prayers for Battle
  Morrowan Holy Symbol
  A set of Fine Clothes
  Pouch (10gp)
  Mace
  Chain Mail
  Spear
  Priest's Pack
  A shield carved w/A holy symbol

.. platinum pieces  .. gold pieces  .. silver pieces  .. brass pieces

LANGUAGES
  Ordic, Cygnaran, Thurian

NOTES

Mostly finished now. A few minor details. Still open to modifying his background with connections.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Rashol

I must have seen the early access copy then. Better than nothing.

Rashol

Are we post Claiming? The cygnar brief suggests not, but I want to make sure before I stuff up my background.

Marie Reynolds

As far as I know we are post Claiming. Kakihara has not said otherwise to me.

shengami

We are not post claiming. Leto is still king of Cygnar in his description of the world.

Leto Raelthrone was the previous in king in the lore. Post claiming, it would be his nephew Julian Raelthorne. So, if Leto is the king, that means the war for Lael is still ongoing. Among other things.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Rashol

I wasn't 100% sure. Thanks. I was trying to work out which king it was.

shengami

OK, that should make for a final-ish update for Jaspar. Baring any changes to his fluff due to possible connections and whatnot.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

I would like some Advice on this, I am thinking of having a Local mundane Artisan's/Alchemists guild that was founded in  Midfast. Its claim to fame was those who crafted armor both from metal and Leather. Also the Guild had strong foundation of Alchemists that excelled as healers. Would such a thing be possible or would something like that be not possible because Government sponsored Alchemists and other such Alchemist organizations would stop something like that from happening? I am trying to get an idea of if something like this could be possible to  have had my characters parents be Members of such a guild and my character joined the guild and followed in her Parents foot steps.

shengami

Humm, a guild? That seems unlikely. A local shop? Sure.

So, in the world, alchemy isn't a government regulated thing. Alchemy is a private business thing. And the biggest name in the game if the Golden Crucible. A guild of alchemists that goes back to the rebellion. They hold the secret formula for blackpowder. Or something like that. There's a few, smaller, rivals but they are the premier alchemists.

But a local shop that did alchemical/atrisan work would be unproblematic. Known for armor and chemically treater armors is fine. There's big demand for that in the world. In Cygnar, expecially, I think they'd be fine. Cygnar is a lot less hands on than Khador with private enterprises and techniques. Haha. No Greylords coming to steal your secrets... openly.

Again, calling it a guild, though, might get weird, but a shop? Fine. Especially if the parents were ex-adventurers or ex-soldiers or used to work for the government then went freelance. Cygnar is the plce for that. Well, it is after the fall of Vinter Raelthorne's tyranny.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

Thanks for the input Shengami, I might need to look at a different background then labor boss. If I go with the local shop Idea. The only reason I thought about a guild was to Justify a Labor boss that is an Artisan and Alchemist.

Wait that just gave me an idea. A local shop that grew big enough  to  have two more stores and become a local merchant enterprise with a total of three stores. The first  Shop that started it all will be in  Midfast then then second and third in Berck and Five Fingers. This would also justify some of the traveling she has done cause her work made her travel between the three locations in Ord. This can also set my plans for having earned the attention of Casimir  the Master at arms and Requistion Officer and  Isidora The Liason officer of the Crimson fangs.

shengami

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on January 18, 2024, 08:10:49 PMThanks for the input Shengami, I might need to look at a different background then labor boss. If I go with the local shop Idea. The only reason I thought about a guild was to Justify a Labor boss that is an Artisan and Alchemist.

Wait that just gave me an idea. A local shop that grew big enough  to  have two more stores and become a local merchant enterprise with a total of three stores. The first  Shop that started it all will be in  Midfast then then second and third in Berck and Five Fingers. This would also justify some of the traveling she has done cause her work made her travel between the three locations in Ord. This can also set my plans for having earned the attention of Casimir  the Master at arms and Requistion Officer and  Isidora The Liason officer of the Crimson fangs.
+1

Older brothers or uncles or whatnot to expand it while keeping it family?

EDIT: Might want to consider if the parents/family dealt with the Mercarian League then. Merchants guild very influential in Cygnar.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

Yep that could work I have not set up the extent of the family. So I can always add more to make that happen. The Mercaraian League contact could happen for the family when the open the Store in Berck since the league started to make some  headway in getting a presence their but I don't see  big Contracts getting landed from the Mercaraian league for this family business. This is also to represent her family life  in Ord before she got recruited by the Order of the Crimson Fang.

shengami

Ooo, right, Ordic cities. That's why I couldn't palce them in Cygnar. Is YC Ordic, Cygnaran, or one of the smaller ethnicities? Or a mix?

If I recall my ethnicities rightly, MC is Thurian. I think. Maye not, I'd need to check again. Thurians are in that area but not sure my blonde-haired/blue-eyed boy matches right. Haha.

One of the things I like about IKRPG is that the humans are much less boring as a racial option.

And the mercarian League didn't become the powerhouse t is by NOT keeping an eye out for small up-and-coming businesses. I mena, YC ended up a mercenary for SOME reason, yeah? I mean, outside it being a MAJOR industry in Ord.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

I went Thurian Descent. Mostly because Thurian's have the widest range of hair and skin color. The Thurian accept pretty much everyone when they were a Kingdom.  They even have had interactions with a Human nationality was known for  Red hair and green eyes.

shengami

Well, well.

Did the family do any business in the Olgunholt? MC's family made charcoal. I also expect they floated it down rivver on rafts but I need to look at the maps again. Ordics get watercraft proficiencies no matter what... heh
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

They could have.
Though I would be willing to consider ties. I was even thinking maybe my character has met your character sister in five fingers. Though If you don't see anything about  them in my sheet I will be holding off adding and finalizing any PC connections if  my character is chosen just to save people form having to  rewrite sheets should one of us gets accepted and the other does not.

shengami

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on January 19, 2024, 07:06:45 PMThey could have.
Though I would be willing to consider ties. I was even thinking maybe my character has met your character sister in five fingers. Though If you don't see anything about  them in my sheet I will be holding off adding and finalizing any PC connections if  my character is chosen just to save people form having to  rewrite sheets should one of us gets accepted and the other does not.

Oh, the sister connection. That is quite tempting. That was an interesting dangling bit I put in there for uses... haha. Alright, should the game progress and character get picked, we might pick up that connection.

Cheers!

I get holding back a bit. But lovely connections could also make characters more tempting as a set... hehe
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Marie Reynolds

I am cool with still discussing and plotting I will just keep what we plan in a separate document till  it can become Official.