Blood on the Clocktower - A Social Deduction Game of Lies and Fuckery

Started by Praxis, October 02, 2023, 11:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Praxis

This is not a game where you need to write!

There are NO posting requirments  You'll need to have some discussions from time to time with other players and respond from time to time to my PMs, depending on the role of your character!  But that's it.  You just need to help other people (players) solve a mystery while other people (players) are trying to sabotage your efforts and/or murder you to death.

IF your character dies.  You're still in the game.  You're still influencing discussions and votes. Being dead is not the end!

NO character sheets!  You're assigned a role at the start of the the game.  That's it!

"I don't know...  This looks complicated." , someone reading this (probably)           It's not!  Well it is...but not for you!  For the Storyteller (me) it can be complicated but you are just a dewy-eyed, apple-cheeked villager.  The game is wicked easy to learn once you're playing.  Under the hood...there's a moderate amount of levers and buttons but that's my problem, not yours.  :)

Praxis

Lots of information to follow but recruiting info is this...

+ Seeking 8 to 15 players

+ No requirement for writing, this is just strictly "playing".  This involves communicating with the other players and the Storyteller (this guy right here)

+ Why is this "actual game" posted here and not the board game forum? || That forum has been archived.  I'm putting this where I was told to put it!

+ What forum is this going to be played in? ||  Probably non-con / big groups.

+ Does that mean there's going to be detailed violence? ||  NOPE!  But there will be statements of "So and so has been exectued."  Or...some players will write, "I don't care what the facts are! I just want 360NoScope69 killed!"  So for the sake of hedging my bets, we'll go for Non-Con large groups.

+ If you have questions, ask them!

Praxis

A LONG TIME AGO in the sleepy town of Ravenswood Bluff, during a hellish thunderstorm, on the stroke of midnight a scream echoes down the vine-covered stones of its twisting alleyways.

The startled townsfolk rush to the town square to investigate, and find that the local storyteller has been murdered, their body impaled on the hour hand of the town clock, blood dripping onto the cobblestones below.

Curiosity turns to fear, as it soon becomes obvious to all that a demon is on the loose, killing by night and taking on human form by day. Each of the townsfolk has some information, but the demon and its evil minions are spreading lies to confuse and breed suspicion over the identity of the fiend. Will the good folk put the pieces of the puzzle together in time? Or will evil overrun this once peaceful town?

BLOOD ON THE CLOCKTOWER is a social game of deduction and deception, lies and logic, murder and mystery, for five to twenty players. During the day, players talk and socialize as a group, or go into private conversations to gather information, share what they know, or spread lies.

During the night, players close their eyes, while some good players wake to learn valuable information, and the demon and its minions wake to spread their mischief.

Each player is a unique character, with a powerful ability to use or a troublesome penalty to avoid. Players win or lose by their wits, their insight, and their ability to convince others about who should live and who should die.

Praxis

This seems like it's complicated...but it's really not!  Everyone will be up to speed by the end of the very first turn so please DON'T be intimidated.

If I can teach this game to 70 year old grandparents (which was a hoot), I guarantee I can get you up to speed.  :)

For those of you that have participated in online versions of Werewolf or Mafia, Blood on the Clocktower is basically those games?  I say that with a question mark because as someone who has run Werewolf and Mafia, there’s a good deal more under the hood with this game.

So a couple things before we get into rules.

How is this different from Mafia and Werewolf?  Well…a few of the differences are detailed below.

I've played a large number of social deduction games and while all of them are generally fun, Blood on the Clocktower is a whole other beast and in my opinion is one of the better (if not best) social deduction games out there.

+   Classes - Everyone is different.  Everyone has a unique power!  Some classes are more handy than other classes but it really does come down to the player and not the class.

+     Death - When your character dies, you’re still in the game!  You’re the chattiest ghost that ever did chat.  As a ghost, you lose all the powers that your class has and you can’t nominate people for execution during the day(more on that later) BUT you still get to vote. You only have ONE vote but in some ways, it’s more powerful than a living vote. (more on that later too)

+     The Storyteller (me) has a “finger on the scale” so to speak.  The Storyteller desperately wants the play group to get down to as few living players as possible. Ideally it comes down to the final two living villagers on the last day.  That means it was a close and suspenseful/stressful (read: more fun with lots of shouting and laughing type of) game.  The Storyteller (a good one) isn’t going to break any rules but they WILL use game mechanics to help one side over another if one side is running away with a victory.  Even then…sometimes you’re gonna get first day victories for the good guys because some people just aren’t cut out to be murderous, deceitful demons…   ::)    Think of the Storyteller more like a GM in terms of manipulating the game and the players some.

+     You’re REALLY encouraged to have side conversations and not just big, open conversations at the table for everyone to hear.  You know those moments at elimination councils on Survivor where suddenly a few people stand up and pull other people aside and then more people stand up and start having more side conversations?  Yep.  As a group gets more experienced, it’s the side conversations where dirt gets done and diabolical plans are hatched.

+     Murdering and Executing and such

People get KILLED at NIGHT by The Demon
People get EXECUTED during the DAY by well-intentioned and sometimes not well-intentioned TOWNSFOLK

A demon CAN kill a player that is already dead.
A demon CAN kill themselves and the game keeps going.
Townsfolk CAN nominate and vote to execute someone that is already dead.

That all sounds crazy right?  Right?  Why would someone do that?  :)   Play and find out.  Shit gets crazy.

+     DRUNK - There’s a lot of nuance to the DRUNK role and it might not be actually a role in the game that is being played. BUT…the chance that a townsfolk COULD be a DRUNK casts doubt on a lot of people.  Basically, the DRUNK works as follows.

The Storyteller knows that the DRUNK is one of the classes in the game.  The player who gets the DRUNK role isn’t actually told they’re the DRUNK.  They’re told they’re the MAYOR, or the SLAYER or the FORTUNE TELLER or one of the other classes in play.  That player thinks they ARE the role they were told they are.  But what they don’t know is that they’re the DRUNK.

So for roles like the MAYOR or SLAYER, that player thinks they have this specific power, right up until when they try to use it and it doesn’t work.  What they planned to do, doesn’t happen.  The Storyteller doesn’t reveal that the player is the DRUNK.  Just that their power didn’t work for…reasons?

For information gathering roles like the FORTUNE TELLER or GRAVE DIGGER or LIBRARIAN.  A DRUNK that thinks they are the FORTUNE TELLER is simply given incorrect information by the Storyteller. Or sometimes they’re given accurate information once in a while, just to fuck with everyone.  It comes down to the Storyteller and the situation.  So while the DRUNK is on the GOOD Team.  The DRUNK is most assuredly, a fuckin problem for the GOOD guys.

+     POISON - A player that has been POISONED gets POISONED over the NIGHT and that POISON lasts throughout the following DAY and then disappears at the start of the next NIGHT.  When a player is POISONED, their class powers DO NOT WORK AT ALL.

A POISONED player is not told they are POISONED.

So for roles like the MAYOR or SLAYER, that player thinks they have this specific power, right up until when they try to use it and it doesn’t work.  What they planned to do, doesn’t happen.  The Storyteller doesn’t reveal that the player is the POISONED.  Just that their power didn’t work for…reasons?

For information gathering roles like the FORTUNE TELLER or GRAVE DIGGER or LIBRARIAN.  Being POISONED; the STORYTELLER can either skip the FORTUNE TELLER’s turn at NIGHT because their powers aren’t working OR…the Storyteller let’s the FORTUNE TELLER have their turn at NIGHT but they’re given incorrect information.

For those of you following along…someone POISONED can look alot like someone having the
DRUNK class.  That’s just the start of the obfuscation in this game.

Praxis

RULES

GOOD TEAM - WINS when the DEMON dies.

EVIL TEAM - WINS when there are only two players alive during the DAY.

There are also other win states available but that’s up to you guys to figure out.  If for some insane reason there’s a tie, the GOOD team wins.

TOWNSFOLK - These people are on the GOOD team.  Even DEAD, a GOOD player still wins if the GOOD team wins.

OUTSIDERS - These people are on the GOOD team.  OUTSIDERS often come with unwanted powers that make the lives of the TOWNSFOLK difficult.

MINIONS - These people are on the EVIL team.  MINIONS work to make sure the DEMON is one of the last two alive on the final day.

DEMON - This person is on the EVIL team.

We start at…

FIRST NIGHT Phase

I will have an order listed of the different classes and the ones that are in the game are the ones that get ACTIVATED, one player at a time that FIRST NIGHT. (I’ll be PMing you a question or some information relating to your class)  Order of operations is super important during this phase.  It’s also important to note that the DEMON finds out who their MINION is but not what class their MINION is. The DEMON also finds out the identity of THREE classes that are not present in this session so the DEMON can masquerade as one of these three classes.   The MINION gets told who their DEMON is.

The DEMON DOES NOT KILL ANYONE ON THE FIRST NIGHT.

Once the FIRST NIGHT tasks are completed, we transition to the first DAY.

DAY Phase

Conversations are had. Some open. Some side-conversations.  The possibility for NOMINATIONS for EXECUTION exists but the Townsfolk do not have to execute anyone…ever.  Sometimes there are good reasons to not execute anyone during the day.  Sometimes those good reasons end up being bad reasons.  ::)

SECOND NIGHT

Some classes only have powers that work on the FIRST NIGHT and some classes have powers that work every NIGHT.  The SECOND NIGHT is where the DEMON comes out to play and claims it’s first victim.

Then we proceed into second DAY, again more conversations.  Possibility for NOMINATIONS and VOTING and EXECUTIONS.

Then we move into the THIRD NIGHT, etc…until one side wins.

Praxis

SO HOW DO WE DO THIS ONLINE?

So conversations are easy. At least the open ones are.  We’ll have a “Town Square” thread where all of the open conversations can occur.  IF/WHEN you have a side conversation in PM or on DISCORD, you don’t need to share the contents of the conversation.

BUT YOU DO NEED TO POST IN THE TOWNSQUARE THAT YOU HAD A SIDE CONVERSATION WITH THAT OTHER PLAYER OR PLAYERS!

We do this so that the other people in the village know when other people are talking, conversing, jamming, canoodling with others.  This helps ensure maximum speculation and suspicion.

Maximum levels of speculation and suspicion = fun

But it's an honor system, people.  Please don’t cheat.  If you find yourself cheating at an online social deduction game…well…congratulations.  You totally win?

Example - Praxis and LuvvyCravesit is having a sidebar conversation because Luvvy is the DEMON and Praxis is the POISONER.  They’re planning what to do during the next NIGHT phase but really they’re mostly laughing and high-fiving virtually.

Luvvy, being a responsible player posts in the Town Square Thread

“Luvvy and Praxis are having a conversation.  It’s probably fine.”

Or

Four players have a conversation side-bar…only one of them has to post in the TOWNSQUARE

“Luvvy and MagicMooGooGuy and Praxis and ChampionOfWang are plotting.”

I’ll be sending LOTS of PMs to people….well…maybe not lots but you know…more than none.

Each phase and each individual vote and individual action we will keep to roughly…72 to 96 hours?  I’m amenable to making it shorter or longer based on the group.

HOWEVER…if it gets too long, I’m just going to power forward.  As the Storyteller, I’ll vote or make decisions based on what I think is going to make the game the most suspenseful AND/OR ensure we’re getting down to as few alive players as possible over multiple days.

To be clear, we’re not looking for prose.  We’re looking for single word votes OR information about the specific action you have as a power.  Your “muse” has nothing to do with this game!

BUT…it can.  You want to make impassioned arguments or be a clever, lying, deceitful fucker?  Amazing.  Do it.

You’re making the game more fun.

Praxis

DO YOU LIKE FUN?

DO YOU WANT FUN?

IS FUN SOMETHING THAT YOU NEED MORE OF?

IF YOU CAN ANSWER "YES" TO ANY OF THOSE THREE QUESTIONS - SIGN BELOW!

Also...we need at least 8 people.  I'd say go find a fun friend and make them sign too!

ArtemisHighmore

Hmmmm, I am intrigued. Bouncing around today but will be keeping my eye on this.

Envious

Greenthorn

I'm in... tried to run a werewolves of millers hollow game but came just shy of the number needed.... so I'll help you out on this one  ;D

RedPhoenix

I'm awful at these games, but I usually laugh. So let's do it! :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Greenthorn

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 02, 2023, 02:58:40 PM

Yay! It's gonna be Christmas time  ;D

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Praxis

\o/

Quote from: ArtemisHighmore on October 02, 2023, 02:12:50 PM
Hmmmm, I am intrigued. Bouncing around today but will be keeping my eye on this.

Keep an eye!  We've got some momentum and it ends up being a pretty fun social experiment for people involved.  I ran about  dozen games on the weekend and while doing it, I was thinking again how much fun it'd be to do it here on E.

Quote from: Envious on October 02, 2023, 02:14:15 PM
I'll participate. You had me at no writing lol!

Amazing.  We'll have you not writing until you bliss out!

Quote from: Greenthorn on October 02, 2023, 02:32:23 PM
I'm in... tried to run a werewolves of millers hollow game but came just shy of the number needed.... so I'll help you out on this one  ;D

Green!  You're a star, you are.  Thanks you so much!

Quote from: RedPhoenix on October 02, 2023, 02:58:40 PM

We'll have you laugh your pants right off!

We got Green and Red.  It's an undeniable Christmas combo.

So we've got a hard 3 participants and a soft 4 (including Artemis)

Give some of your friends a nudge!  We need at least five more!

Hatless

I'm here for round two. This time it's definitely going to work. :P

c0i9z

Dingo

I like these type of games, so I'll join in too, if you'll have me.

Praxis

Quote from: Hatless on October 03, 2023, 11:06:00 AM
I'm here for round two. This time it's definitely going to work. :P

Absolutely Hatless!  We're SO close now!

Quote from: c0i9z on October 03, 2023, 11:07:09 AM
I'll try it.

Wicked!

Quote from: Dingo on October 03, 2023, 11:50:28 AM
I like these type of games, so I'll join in too, if you'll have me.

You bet we will!

Alright people.

We have six confirmed.  We just need TWO more for the lot of you to have more fun than is legal in most countries!

Shake some trees!

Empty your pockets!  If you know someone here on E that likes fun and likes lying and likes...demons (?)     Get them in here!

We're so close!

Praxis

Quote from: Vreski on October 04, 2023, 01:40:08 AM
I'll throw my hat in!

SEVEN!

Amazing!

All we need is one more and then I can get the figurative ball rolling.

Praxis

Giving this a bump!

We just need ONE more person to join and then we can star!

Greenthorn

Praxis

Quote from: Madam Striga on October 13, 2023, 03:35:09 AM
I'll give it a go!

YOU are a star!

We're a go people!

I'll be trying to get my shit together today!  Ideally we will be playing by next week.  I'll send a group PM to everyone just to let everyone know we're doing this!

Praxis

ALSO

I will need about 72 to 96 hours to get this off the runway SO...if you've been lurking and want in, now that you know we're doing this.

Reply here OR PM me.

Cut off will be Sunday at 2330 EST.

Praxis

SEASON 02 IS LOOKING FOR NEW PLAYERS!

ALL WE NEED IS ONE KIND, ADVENTUROUS, KIND, AMAZING, VERY INTERESTING, KIND PERSON TO JOIN AND THEN WE ARE BACK TO THE MURDERING AND ACCUSING AND SUCH.

OF COURSE WE WILL TAKE MORE THAN ONE PERSON.

THE MORE WE HAVE THE MORE FUN IT GETS BUT SEASON ONE WAS PRETTY FUN AND WE ONLY HAD EIGHT PEOPLE PLAYING.

MOVING ONTO SEASON 2 ALLOWS ME TO START TRACKING PLAYERS AND STATS AND IF YOUR BRAIN IS A MONSTER LIKE MINE IS, THEN YOU WILL KNOW HOW UTTERLY EXQUISITE IT IS TO COMPARE WIN RATES OF PLAYERS IN AN ONLINE SOCIAL DEDUCTION GAME.

Envious

This was really fun, quick, and easy and I highly encourage people to join in!

Praxis

Quote from: Envious on October 30, 2023, 01:41:39 PMThis was really fun, quick, and easy and I highly encourage people to join in!

We are nothing if not quick and easy!

c0i9z

Praxis

Quote from: c0i9z on October 30, 2023, 03:56:39 PMIf anything, I felt like the accusations went a bit long.
Day 1 with a group of rookies in the game can indeed go long. 

As people get more up to speed, the game; she moves. 

Greenthorn

Praxis

Envious

Hatless

Quote from: Mythril on October 31, 2023, 10:51:26 PMThis looks like fun. If you need another player, I'd be glad to play.
You're my new favorite person.

Greenthorn

Hatless

Quote from: Mythril on November 01, 2023, 11:17:05 AMUh oh. What did I do? lol
You're number 8! The future of our little club is secured. But, like Greenthorn said, more people are always welcome! Come be my new new favorite person!

Mythril

Well, far be it from me to offend numerology. I accept the nomination for your favorite person.

Thank you!!!

Praxis

AMAZING!

Mythril steps up and saves the day!

A gentleman, a scholar, a judge of good whiskey AND a burgeoning god of fun and participation.

We got 8!

SO...I'm going to wait until Friday to pull the trigger.  We MIGHT get a few more people.  Otherwise!  We start Friday morning. (EST)

Thanks for joining @Mythril !

Mythril

Quote from: Praxis on November 01, 2023, 06:03:23 PMAMAZING!

Mythril steps up and saves the day!

A gentleman, a scholar, a judge of good whiskey AND a burgeoning god of fun and participation.

We got 8!

SO...I'm going to wait until Friday to pull the trigger.  We MIGHT get a few more people.  Otherwise!  We start Friday morning. (EST)

Thanks for joining @Mythril !

True, somewhat true, definitely true, and I'll give that last one a try!!

Praxis

Praxis

SEASON 03 IS LOOKING FOR MORE PLAYERS!

It's all tied up people.  The forces of GOOD were triumphant in Season 01 and the forces of EVIL are coming back with a vengeance and might very well win Season 02!  Whatever the results, it looks like Season 03 will be just as competitive, sordid and...sexy?  

Are you interested?  Amazing.  You might have questions like...

Do I need to know what's happened leading up to this?

Nope!  These are just social deduction games.  There's no legacy from game to game other than @Hatless burning bridges left and right and being a spectacular, relentless villain!

Is there a lot to learn in the way of rules?

Nope!  Very much a 10 minutes to learn but 10 years to master sort of game!

Is it fun?

It's the funnest!  And I'm not biased at all!

Are the players friendly?

They're the friendliest!

You mentioned sexy earlier.  Are the players sexy?

Sure?  Absolutely!  The sexiest!

Are you actually biased and just saying all this to get me to join the game?

Probably not?

WE ARE LOOKING FOR KIND, ADVENTUROUS, KIND, AMAZING, VERY INTERESTING, KIND PEOPLE TO JOIN AND THEN WE CAN GET BACK TO THE MURDERING AND ACCUSING THAT IS TO BE EXPECTED THIS TIME OF THE YEAR AS THE PILGRIMS AND BABY JESUS PLANNED.

THE MORE PLAYERS WE HAVE THE MORE FUN IT GETS BUT SEASON ONE WAS PRETTY FUN AND SEASON TWO WAS BASICALLY A KNIFE-FIGHT IN A PHONE BOOTH (this is more fun than it sounds) AND WE ONLY HAD EIGHT PEOPLE PLAYING.

MOVING INTO SEASON 03 ALLOWS US TO CONTINUE TRACKING PLAYERS AND STATS AND IF YOUR BRAIN IS A MONSTER LIKE MINE IS, THEN YOU WILL KNOW HOW UTTERLY EXQUISITE IT IS TO COMPARE WIN RATES OF PLAYERS IN AN ONLINE SOCIAL DEDUCTION GAME.

YOU'RE GOING TO ENJOY THIS MORE THAN YOU THINK!

JUMP IN!

Greenthorn

I'm in and I fully recommend some new players give it a try! It's lots of fun... but will drive you crazy at times :)

Hatless

c0i9z

Praxis

Quote from: Remiel on November 26, 2023, 06:45:45 PMConsider my interest piqued, good sir!

\o/

Amazing!

Thanks for joining @Remiel  !   You're saving the day, you are.

We just need to staple in two more people and then we can roll!

Shake the trees people!  There's got to be more out there that will join.

Hatless

Quote from: Remiel on November 26, 2023, 06:45:45 PMConsider my interest piqued, good sir!
An unmarked van rolls up and the side door forcefully opens. Heavily armed men spill out, converging on Remiel. Without a word, a bag is secured over Remiel's head and he is carried away to the van. One of the heavily armed men tugs at his own collar, bringing it closer to his mouth. "Asset acquired."

Miles away, a shadowy figure smiles and places an extra token into a grimoire. "Excellent."

Welcome aboard, Remiel!

Now it's time to guilt other people into playing.

I want everyone to take a good, hard look at Praxis. What a goofball, right? Without him though, none of this would have gotten off the ground. Two whole games of fun would have never been had.

Well, I've offered to take over the Storyteller duties this time around so that Praxis can play in his own creation. And it turns out that Praxis has never actually been a player before. Really tugs on the heartstrings, doesn't it?

But here's the thing: we're still one person short of a minimum cast. Do you really want to be the person that ignores this ad and crushes poor Praxis' dreams? Do you really want to virtually look him in the eye and say, "I know this means a lot to you, but I don't want to play?"

Please join. For Praxis.

Praxis

Praxis

Also...full transparency.

Hatless is basically a monster masquerading as a human.  We had to let her be Storyteller because she stabbed everyone in the back and made them all cry.

...and then she gloated about it.

(It was spectacular)

She's being nice (for Hatless) but I suspect she fully intends to ruin me as a player and try to crush any and all dreams that I have.

...you know...for the dream juice.

Hatless loves refreshing dream juice.

Envious

You might have come to socialize, but you stayed to watch Hatless step on everyone <3

Random

I've been bullied! This looks like a fun time! I'd like to give it a go!

Envious

Hatless

Wait. Someone has friends to invite to the game? This...this has never happened before. What do we do?

*pulls out a giant manual labeled "Protocol" and frantically flips through it*

I regret to inform the public that we did have one additional person temporarily bow out of our little club (they'll be back for Season 4 though!) between my last post and now. So while our new faces are most certainly a welcome addition, we're still in need of one more to get things off the ground. Just think: you would get to play with Remiel and Random! How could one hypothetical person in the future be so lucky?

Remiel

Sadly, I don't think I'd be able to bully anyone else into joining.  I tried, people!

FyreFoxx

*peers at*

I.. I am really bad at these games as, ya know, actual games. (Seriously, last time I tried to play Town of Salem, things did not go so well...) But maybe willing to give this version a shot? I feel like writing it out like this could work a lot better for me.

And well... There's an Envi.

So maybe if you're willing to have me?
 Current Status: CLOSED
 Den of Iniquity (O/O) Updated Aug 19, 2023
 What does the Foxx say? (A/A) Updated Oct 1, 2023
 Scrolls and Shinies (Story Cafe) Inactive

Hatless

Quote from: FyreFoxx on December 03, 2023, 08:35:58 PM*peers at*

I.. I am really bad at these games as, ya know, actual games. (Seriously, last time I tried to play Town of Salem, things did not go so well...) But maybe willing to give this version a shot? I feel like writing it out like this could work a lot better for me.

And well... There's an Envi.

So maybe if you're willing to have me?
Of course. I like to think our group is a little more welcoming than your average game of Town of Salem. :P

You can follow Envious' link to our little corner of Elliquiy. Praxis has some information on how to play in the library thread, and if you're in the mood for some reading, you can check in on the previous two seasons to get an idea of how things run.

FyreFoxx makes 8, so I'm probably going to officially start Season 3 tomorrow. We're still more than happy to welcome any latecomers though. To anyone that wanders by in the next few weeks, feel free to sit on the sidelines and spectate Season 3 if you'd like. Or, if you'd like to join in after the game has already started, Blood on the Clocktower does have a set of roles meant specifically for people joining a game late or who might have to depart early. We'd love to have anyone that's interested. :)

Envious

Praxis

Praxis

SEASON 4

The REVENGENING!TM

We are recruiting for Season 4!  Do you like having fun while being paranoid and stressed and having fun and trying not to get murdered while possibly murdering other people and reveling in that?
If so...we got you.

We are three seasons in and Good has 2 wins to Evil's 1 win.
We have also had 3 butt-hurts, 2 bruised feelings and an overwhelming sense of betrayal in a pear tree!

Nothing captures the reason of the season like the very best social deduction game that has ever been made!
Get in on this!

Go gift yourself!

c0i9z

Envious

Random

Rule #1: Stay in front of Praxis so he can't stab you in the back.
Rule #2: Refer to rule #1.

COME LIE TO YOUR FRIENDS WITH US!

Praxis

Quote from: Random on December 14, 2023, 08:50:50 PMRule #1: Stay in front of Praxis so he can't stab you in the back.
Rule #2: Refer to rule #1.

COME LIE TO YOUR FRIENDS WITH US!

I was truthing you the entire time (mostly) and we won!

Random

Quote from: Praxis on December 14, 2023, 09:56:47 PM

I was truthing you the entire time (mostly) and we won!

Mostly? Mostly?!

And here I was truthful with you the WHOLE. EFFING. TIME.

Psh.

...see, everybody? COME LIE TO YOUR FRIENDS. It's fun!

Hatless

Everyone from Season 3 is returning for Season 4. This is a golden opportunity for us to have our very first game with more than 8 players. Just look at all the rave reviews from our lovely players and know that the game gets even more fun with every additional player. Come be the person that makes Season 4 the largest season that we've ever had. :)

We're still deciding on when exactly Season 4 will start. Maybe soon-ish. Maybe after Christmas so there's not a speed bump in the middle of the action. Season 3 was a blazingly fast affair that wrapped up in under two weeks, though. I will say that the game, at the bare minimum, only requires like 5 minutes of your time a day to respond to the Storyteller at night and get your vote in during the day. But the more you invest yourself into plotting and scheming with and against your fellow players, the more fun it will be.

Neer

Random

*wanders by, ringing a very loud and obnoxious bell, screaming, "FRESH MEAT!" repeatedly*

Random

Hatless

Quote from: Neer on December 17, 2023, 06:52:21 PMI'm new here, but I think I'd be down.
Awesome! I was beginning to think that we wouldn't get any more nibbles. We'd love to have you join us.

Here's a link to our little corner of Elliquiy: Blood on the Clocktower

We're currently planning on starting Season 4 in the next day or two. There's a video of how to play in the library thread, and I have a half-typed post that should be up by the start of Season 4 that covers a few of the rules and how we handle things for our particular game. Stop by and say hello, read up on the past seasons if you'd like (not mandatory since each season is its own self-contained game), and I'll add an extra seat to the game for you.

TexasWarren

Hatless

Quote from: TexasWarren on December 22, 2023, 05:13:12 PMI'm in. Not really a clue but I'm in.
Hello TexasWarren. Always happy to see more people that want to give Clocktower a try.

Right now, we've already started Season 4, so there isn't an opportunity to get you into the game as a normal role. What we can do, however, is add you as a Traveler, which is a special kind of role with slightly different rules that are meant for players that are joining a game late or planning to leave early.

If that sounds like something you would be interested in, let me know and I'll get you added to the game at the next available opening. We're still probably a few RL days away from wrapping up Day 1, and then we could have you roll into town once we've moved on to Day 2.

TexasWarren

What is the time frame until Season 5? If it's short (2-3 weeks IRL) I can wait. If longer I'm game to TRAVEL through your world and cause Mayhem. Or not. 

Hatless

Quote from: TexasWarren on December 22, 2023, 05:44:45 PMWhat is the time frame until Season 5? If it's short (2-3 weeks IRL) I can wait. If longer I'm game to TRAVEL through your world and cause Mayhem. Or not.
2-3 weeks is right at the length of the three games we've had so far. Season 2 clocked in at 22 days I believe and Season 3 ended in 13.

Season 4 is the first time we've had more than 8 players, so I can't really say with any certainty whether it will stick to the pattern. 2 extra players should add at least one extra game day that the other games didn't have, and a day in the game can last 2-5 days depending on how bloodthirsty everyone is feeling. If you'd like to wait though, you're more than welcome to follow along and even chat with folks in the OOC.

TexasWarren

You know your game better than I do. Which option would ADD to the experience and, be FUN and NOT cause the Story Teller extra work? 

Sure please send me the OOC link and any others I need. And thank you.

Hatless

I'm always going to advocate for the option that adds more players to the game. More players = more fun. The worst thing that someone joining as a Traveler is going to do is have me explain to the group how Travelers work, since if you joined, you would be our first.

The link to our board is here: Blood on the Clocktower. We recently added a small guide to the rules and how we've adapted them to run here on Elliquiy, but there's also a video in the same thread. They can both help you get a basic understanding of how to play.

A Painter

Hatless

Quote from: A Painter on January 04, 2024, 04:35:59 PMOh man this looks hilarious and intriguing.
Hey there. So, we're in the middle of Day 2 of Season 4. It's been a doozy. We're on our 4th nomination, one person was gunned down, and an attempt was made at a second murder.

Normal roles can't be added mid-game, but I can offer you the same thing I offered to TexasWarren: I can give you a Traveler role and we can insert you into the game once Day 2 wraps up. Let me know if that sounds interesting to you.

TexasWarren

A Painter

Quote from: Hatless on January 04, 2024, 05:13:16 PMHey there. So, we're in the middle of Day 2 of Season 4. It's been a doozy. We're on our 4th nomination, one person was gunned down, and an attempt was made at a second murder.

Normal roles can't be added mid-game, but I can offer you the same thing I offered to TexasWarren: I can give you a Traveler role and we can insert you into the game once Day 2 wraps up. Let me know if that sounds interesting to you.
Whew. As intrigued as I am, I am also on the fence as my new year already feels overwhelming. I might lurk a little first while waiting for things to calm down. 

Random

Lurk all you like! Whenever you're ready, we'd be happy to have you!

TexasWarren

Quote from: Random on January 09, 2024, 07:43:39 AMLurk all you like! Whenever you're ready, we'd be happy to have you!

Hey...you sharing that popcorn compartment?

Well, sharing is caring.

Random

Quote from: TexasWarren on January 09, 2024, 08:41:16 AMHey...you sharing that popcorn compartment?

Well, sharing is caring.

Aw, don't be jealous, Cowboy. There's plenty of popcorn for everyone! ;)

If you, too, would like to stick your hand in my popcorn compartment, be sure to sign up for the next season!

@Praxis Am I PR'ing right?

Praxis

Quote from: A Painter on January 08, 2024, 11:04:07 PMWhew. As intrigued as I am, I am also on the fence as my new year already feels overwhelming. I might lurk a little first while waiting for things to calm down.

Thanks for showing interest!

It's a game that's pretty easy to keep an arm's reach if that is what you need.

Conversely...if you want to wade in and get messy.  There's scads of opportunity for that too.

Lurking is fine BUT...really the best way to start learning is to just take a breath and jump in.  There's lots of nice people that will help you out.

There's also lots of lying liars that will look like they're helping you but really they're just putting you on the short list for the seasonal demon to eat you.

Welcome to late stage capitalism...

Ket

Quote from: Praxis on January 09, 2024, 10:20:24 AMWelcome to late stage capitalism...

Sold! Count me in. I'm all for rampant consumerism while the ship is sinking. 
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Praxis

Quote from: Ket on January 11, 2024, 07:27:50 AMSold! Count me in. I'm all for rampant consumerism while the ship is sinking.

YOU... are amazing.

Thank you.  Looking forward to getting you in the mix.

We're pretty much knocking on the door of wrapping things up for this season.  At most, I think is that it will go another week.

One of us will make sure we ping you when Season 5 is starting up and you can pop in here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=354494.new;topicseen#new

and say salutations.  Everyone is pretty great...except @Hatless .  If she asks to borrow your car; do NOT give it to her.  It took forever to get the stains out of my trunk.

In the meantime...

This will get you a little up to speed.  :)

And this is a time investment but it's a nice sortof "starter" game that is pretty easy to follow and pretty enjoyable! (At least I thought it was.)

Ket

Quote from: Praxis on January 11, 2024, 07:46:22 AMYOU... are amazing.

Thank you.  Looking forward to getting you in the mix.

You are too kind. I am credit card debt and weekly TEMU deliveries. Oh the plastic goodies I possess!

Thank you for all the wonderful information. I'm looking forward to jumping in and tumbling.
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Praxis

*Queue the Star Wars scroll*

In the

sleepy town of

Ravenswood Bluff.

A diabolical plot

has been

plotted.

Deadly and permanent

machinations

are coming to

fruition.

"How Murderpants McGillicutty Got Their Groove Back"

Yup.  Season 5.  We're recruiting.  Respond here if you're interested or have questions.  <3

Praxis

Caela

This looks ridiculously fun...would love to try my hand at it!

Praxis

Quote from: Caela on January 18, 2024, 07:39:40 AMThis looks ridiculously fun...would love to try my hand at it!

@Caela 

You're in!

We start tomorrow!

Go to that link and say hello!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=354494.new;topicseen#new

and say salutations.  Everyone is pretty great.

In the meantime...

This will get you a little up to speed.  :)

And this is a time investment but it's a nice sortof "starter" game that is pretty easy to follow and pretty enjoyable! (At least I thought it was.)

More information to come!  And amazing...I'm so glad you're joining.

TexasWarren

Envious

TexasWarren

Quote from: Envious on January 20, 2024, 11:55:52 PMIt's never too late for lies and fuckery!

True that. And Please Note I started the Chaos for you Envious!

Praxis

Quote from: Shayera on January 20, 2024, 01:43:03 AMHi there. Is it too late to join?
Hey hiya!

We can absolutely bring you in!

I'll send you some Information for tomorrow by PM.  And then get you added in a few days!

Remiel

Welcome, Shayera!

Just a warning: things can get pretty intense in here.  Not in a bad way (usually!)  I mean in the way that you might wake up to find that there are 54 new posts in the thread while you were away.

FyreFoxx

Quote from: Remiel on January 22, 2024, 05:09:46 PMWelcome, Shayera!

Just a warning: things can get pretty intense in here.  Not in a bad way (usually!)  I mean in the way that you might wake up to find that there are 54 new posts in the thread while you were away.

Only 54? I woke up one day to over 120! I nearly died right then and there.

TexasWarren

The good news is that you can play without reading any of them. Lol

Remiel

Quote from: TexasWarren on January 22, 2024, 05:23:41 PMThe good news is that you can play without reading any of them. Lol
Oh man, don't tell Neer that.  They'll have a heart attack.

Envious

Do what I do and read none of them. It's not important anyway. Go the chaos route!

Ket

Quote from: Envious on January 22, 2024, 09:02:33 PMDo what I do and read none of them. It's not important anyway. Go the chaos route!
I basically did that the last game and realized too late that I messed up so bad. 

Envious

Quote from: Ket on January 22, 2024, 09:11:29 PMI basically did that the last game and realized too late that I messed up so bad.
No way. Random was just exceptional!

Random

Quote from: Envious on January 22, 2024, 09:13:58 PMNo way. Random was just exceptional!

*runs in, gives Envi a running high F5, runs on out again*

Praxis

Season 5 is almost a wrap!

We're absolutely looking for people that are interested in participating in Season 6!

I'm not going to broadbrush with this recruitment post like I have in the past.

Things to be aware of before throwing your hat in the townsquare...

+  This is one of the best social deduction games presently out there BUT there is an upfront mental cost to playing this.  You're not going back to school but you will need to put in a minimum amount of effort paying attention to what is going on, otherwise you are going to be hopelessly lost.

+  It's a mean game.  Not the players.  The players are fuckin' great.  But the game is absolutely mean.  Yes, you CAN play the game with a noblesse oblige  style but this game actively puts you in situations where you will need to lie or gaslight people...or you lose.

+  This is a game.  And it's fun but it IS a game and no one is getting judged for playing hard and embracing the tenets of the game which are indeed, deception, manipulation, deception, manipulation and fuckery...and deception.

+  It will benefit you to have a bit of fight in you.  Not actively fight with the players but to actively fight against the mechanics of the game.  The game deliberately misleads and obfuscates and you will need to work with other players to find kernels of truth and desperately hold onto those truths until you can put together a better idea of who the evil players are.  You have to want to fight against the misinformation and disinformation that you will encounter.  That can be a pretty significant request in this day and age.

+  If you don't understand what is going on, let people know and then ask questions.  And then ask more questions.

So those were the bad things...

Some good things you will want to be aware of...

+  It's SUCH an excellent group of people...like...wow.  People who care and people who absolutely want to help you.  People who are eager to answer questions on top of asking you how you're doing and how your day has been.

+  There's some pretty funny shit that happens.

+ You get to create a Rube Goldberg machine but rather than gears and hammers and balls and ramps, you got people.  For those of you that this resonates with...yeah...this game is for you.

So there it is.

Blood on the Clocktower.  The preeminent social deduction game (presently) that will have you shaking your fists at the sky in helpless, ineffective fury...or shaking your fists at the sky in victory as you stand atop a pile of your defeated adversaries.

With some high-fives thrown in from the friends you made along the way.

And some might say that the real victory are the friends you made along the way...but those people probably lost their last game of Clocktower and they're just waiting to play again and be ruthless monsters for the next game.

Praxis

Welcome to Season 6 Recruitment!

We are looking for 3 or 4 players!

I'm not gonna try to explain this too much.  IF you're interested, check out the first five or so posts in this thread.  I'm deliberately making you work for this a little just to prove that you're going to engage with the group when you join.  <3

Now a little bit about our current Season 6 confirmed players.

We have an undefeated player (@Random) with a sordid history of lying, deception, lies, manipulating, lying, tom-foolery, jiggery-pokery, argle-bargle,  gaslighting and being very charming and likeable even when she's killing you or your neighbors.  Possibly especially when she's killing you and/or your neighbors.  Oh yeah...sometimes she's on the good team but mostly...she's just evil.  No one can stop her victorious rampage.  Can you do it?  Please?  Seriously please help stop her.

We have our previously undefeated player (@Hatless) who was knocked off her pedestal by Random.  Hatless has an axe to grind and a grudge to bear.  Not the kind of bear you're thinking of.  A different kind of bear.

...anyway!   

Hatless is what you get when Clarice Starling from The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs have a terrifyingly smart baby and then that baby becomes a Warhammer 40K Imperial Inquisitor who then interrogates all of the other Imperial Inquisitors who eventually die from fright and stress over having been her adversary.  She's a problem.  Pray you and she are on the same team.  Seriously.  Find God...or Goddess...or all knowing A.I. and then pray to be on her team.  Then join this game.  Really...seriously.

Oh...and she's "hatless" because her brain is so big, she can't wear normal hats.  Her original username was "IWearBathtubsForHats" but for whatever reason...no one would write with her.

Every game has to have one! A handsome, sexy, magnificent bastard. ( @Remiel )  If you swapped out web-swinging with telling lies with the truth. Then swap out patriotism with telling the truth with lies, Remiel is basically Spider-Man and Captain America...simultaneous like.  When he's got his hand in your pocket, sometimes he's leaving you a delicious cupcake.  Sometimes he's leaving you a delicious hand grenade and sometimes he's just got his hand in your pocket because he's being friendly.  He's a fucking problem...watch out for him.  Like...he's actually a problem.

We also got ourselves the sweet, smart, bookish sort!  ( @Ket  )  You might think, "Oh man...she's sweet and smart and funny and seemingly bookish!  I'm going to trust her completely!"    Yeah...probably don't do that.  She's never even been on the evil team yet and still we're all afraid of her.  It's not a zero percent chance that she killed someone who is sweet, smart and bookish and is simply wearing their face.  Seriously...it's possible.

And last but not least is our game-breaking enigma. ( @c0i9z  )   c0 might be quiet.  So is the dingo that's about to steal your baby from your tent.  So is the ninja swapping out the lid on your double-shot latte with a poison shuriken...you dumb idiot!   c0 will poke up their head turn the whole fuckin' game upside down...regularly.  They are often an inflection point in every game and it wouldn't surprise anyone at all if it was reported that c0 is actually just a world-annihilating, dream-crushing, soul-devouring artificial intelligence.

AND @Caela !!   I need to write her blurb...which is coming!  I blame her for not telling me two weeks ago that she was playing in Season 6 and I'm NOT blaming myself for being an incompetent, disorganized GM...   (GM = Great Man)

But they are all SO nice!

Seriously.  For really reals.

They are always ready to help out, answer questions you might have outside of the game and give enthusiastic high-fives (mostly Random) in game and out of game.

They are without a doubt some of the finest people I've had the good fortune to meet on E.

This is a fun, nuanced, challenging game that will reward you, the more you put into it.

You don't even know how much you deserve to play this game...but you do.  You deserve it!

WHY DON'T YOU WANT WHAT YOU DESERVE!!???!?!?!
Post here, or shoot any of us a PM if you have questions.

Remiel

Join us!  We don't bite!

Well, mostly.

But yeah, if you've ever played Ultimate Werewolf, or Town of Salem, or any kind of Mafia-type game, you pretty much know what you're in for.

Let the mindfuckery commence!

Random

I'll high-five you with one hand while slitting your throat with the other.

It's not a big deal, really.

But seriously, come play this super-fun game! I've participated for three seasons, and it is the. Best. We're all friendly, and helpful, and there's popcorn! Oh, and a cotton candy machine that none of us know how to use. Come help us make cotton candy! And lie to each other! And kill each other!

Praxis

Quote from: Random on February 21, 2024, 03:06:56 PMCome help us make cotton candy! And lie to each other! And kill each other!

Ugh...you're the worst.

Worst Imtheworst GIF - Worst Imtheworst Community GIFs

That's literally the slogan for this year's Arkansas State Fair.  Change this or they WILL come after us!

FyreFoxx

Praxis

Quote from: FyreFoxx on February 21, 2024, 03:21:35 PM...I kinda wanna know what my write-up would have been. >.>

Come back!

I've so got a write up for you.

Mental health and social well-being is over-rated  (It's actually not.  It's super important and you deserve to take care of yourself and rest.  We think you're great.) (But also, no.  Not writing you a thingy until you come back...too bad!)

Random

Quote from: Praxis on February 21, 2024, 03:18:44 PMThat's literally the slogan for this year's Arkansas State Fair.  Change this or they WILL come after us!

Come help us make cotton candy! And lie to each other! And kill each other!™

...fixed it!

Quote from: FyreFoxx on February 21, 2024, 03:21:35 PM...I kinda wanna know what my write-up would have been. >.>

I can't wait until you come back so we can see it! 

Take care of yourself, but hurry back, but get plenty of rest, but don't go away, okay? <3

Praxis

Quote from: Remiel on February 21, 2024, 03:32:28 PMSeriously.  That tea ain't gonna sip itself! <3

*Checks to see if it does and shouts from the kitchen*

It really doesn't!

FyreFoxx

Well, I guess I just have to some create some more chaos.

GET MY TEA BREWING! I'M GOING IN!

Quote from: Praxis on February 21, 2024, 03:24:28 PMCome back!

I've so got a write up for you.

Mental health and social well-being is over-rated  (It's actually not.  It's super important and you deserve to take care of yourself and rest.  We think you're great.) (But also, no.  Not writing you a thingy until you come back...too bad!)

I better see an amazing write up!

Random

@FyreFoxx 

*excitedly puts on the tea and makes sure the best teacups are all clean*

Ket

*smooths out the wrinkle lines at her temples and sighs*

I am not wearing anyone else's face!

*footstomps*

Now, please turn in your paperwork. In triplicate.

And join and play with us and stuff!

Random

Quote from: Praxis on February 21, 2024, 02:49:53 PMWelcome to Season 6 Recruitment!

We are looking for 3 or 4 players!

I'm not gonna try to explain this too much.  IF you're interested, check out the first five or so posts in this thread.  I'm deliberately making you work for this a little just to prove that you're going to engage with the group when you join.  <3

Now a little bit about our current Season 6 confirmed players.

We have an undefeated player (@Random) with a sordid history of lying, deception, lies, manipulating, lying, tom-foolery, jiggery-pokery, argle-bargle,  gaslighting and being very charming and likeable even when she's killing you or your neighbors.  Possibly especially when she's killing you and/or your neighbors.  Oh yeah...sometimes she's on the good team but mostly...she's just evil.  No one can stop her victorious rampage.  Can you do it?  Please?  Seriously please help stop her.

We have our previously undefeated player (@Hatless) who was knocked off her pedestal by Random.  Hatless has an axe to grind and a grudge to bear.  Not the kind of bear you're thinking of.  A different kind of bear.

...anyway! 

Hatless is what you get when Clarice Starling from The Silence of the Lambs and Hannibal Lecter from The Silence of the Lambs have a terrifyingly smart baby and then that baby becomes a Warhammer 40K Imperial Inquisitor who then interrogates all of the other Imperial Inquisitors who eventually die from fright and stress over having been her adversary.  She's a problem.  Pray you and she are on the same team.  Seriously.  Find God...or Goddess...or all knowing A.I. and then pray to be on her team.  Then join this game.  Really...seriously.

Oh...and she's "hatless" because her brain is so big, she can't wear normal hats.  Her original username was "IWearBathtubsForHats" but for whatever reason...no one would write with her.

Every game has to have one! A handsome, sexy, magnificent bastard. ( @Remiel )  If you swapped out web-swinging with telling lies with the truth. Then swap out patriotism with telling the truth with lies, Remiel is basically Spider-Man and Captain America...simultaneous like.  When he's got his hand in your pocket, sometimes he's leaving you a delicious cupcake.  Sometimes he's leaving you a delicious hand grenade and sometimes he's just got his hand in your pocket because he's being friendly.  He's a fucking problem...watch out for him.  Like...he's actually a problem.

We also got ourselves the sweet, smart, bookish sort!  ( @Ket  )  You might think, "Oh man...she's sweet and smart and funny and seemingly bookish!  I'm going to trust her completely!"    Yeah...probably don't do that.  She's never even been on the evil team yet and still we're all afraid of her.  It's not a zero percent chance that she killed someone who is sweet, smart and bookish and is simply wearing their face.  Seriously...it's possible.

And last but not least is our game-breaking enigma. ( @c0i9z  )  c0 might be quiet.  So is the dingo that's about to steal your baby from your tent.  So is the ninja swapping out the lid on your double-shot latte with a poison shuriken...you dumb idiot!  c0 will poke up their head turn the whole fuckin' game upside down...regularly.  They are often an inflection point in every game and it wouldn't surprise anyone at all if it was reported that c0 is actually just a world-annihilating, dream-crushing, soul-devouring artificial intelligence.

AND @Caela !!  I need to write her blurb...which is coming!  I blame her for not telling me two weeks ago that she was playing in Season 6 and I'm NOT blaming myself for being an incompetent, disorganized GM...  (GM = Great Man)

But they are all SO nice!

Seriously.  For really reals.

They are always ready to help out, answer questions you might have outside of the game and give enthusiastic high-fives (mostly Random) in game and out of game.

They are without a doubt some of the finest people I've had the good fortune to meet on E.

This is a fun, nuanced, challenging game that will reward you, the more you put into it.

You don't even know how much you deserve to play this game...but you do.  You deserve it!

WHY DON'T YOU WANT WHAT YOU DESERVE!!???!?!?!
Post here, or shoot any of us a PM if you have questions.

...because it's too good to be lost on the previous page.

JOIN US.

Envious

Praxis

FyreFoxx

Praxis

Quote from: FyreFoxx on February 23, 2024, 12:09:12 PMExcuse me?! Don't forget mine!

I'm gonna blurb you too!

I'm going to blurb Caela, Envious and Fyrefoxx all together!

I suspect I'll need some energy drinks...

Envious

I'm positive you can handle us. If not, we can certainly handle each other.

*wink wink wink*

Random

We only need one more person to kick off season six of Blood on the Clocktower.

ONE MORE PERSON.

Could that person be you?

Of course!

Blood on the Clocktower will provide all the opportunity for lying and fuckery your black heart desires! Reach out to any one of us for answers to any questions you may have, or to say, "You son of a bitch, I'm in!"

JOIN US.

Rainwood

I'm down for this. Never played anything exactly like it before (except Ten Candles, if that's remotely in the same ballpark?) but it looks like a ton of fun.

Random

RAINWOOD! Yay! I’m going to @ you in the OOC thread, come over and say hi!

Praxis

Quote from: Rainwood on March 07, 2024, 12:56:15 AMI'm down for this. Never played anything exactly like it before (except Ten Candles, if that's remotely in the same ballpark?) but it looks like a ton of fun.

\o/

Amazing!

Info is enroute.

Kara Danvers

Damn, this is already full isn't it? I messaged Praxis on discord, but I got caught up with RL. 
~ʜᴏᴘᴇ, ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴘᴀꜱꜱɪᴏɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀʟʟ~
 ~ᴋᴀʀᴀ ᴅᴀɴᴠᴇʀꜱ~

Random

Random

Quote from: Remiel on March 07, 2024, 04:55:34 PMMobilize the TAC teams.  We got a live one!

*speaks into an imaginary walkie-talkie*

TAC team mobilize, repeat, TAC team mobilize. Over!

Praxis

Quote from: Kara Danvers on March 07, 2024, 04:14:47 PMDamn, this is already full isn't it? I messaged Praxis on discord, but I got caught up with RL.

You're in @Kara Danvers !

I've got you.

I'll send you a bunch of info as early as tonight...no later than tomorrow morning.  :D

Check out our OOC and jump in and say hello.

Don't show fear or doubt.  They can smell that and it makes them want to bite.

Praxis

Quote from: Random on March 07, 2024, 04:57:53 PM*speaks into an imaginary walkie-talkie*

TAC team mobilize, repeat, TAC team mobilize. Over!

Target acquired and secured.

Morality realignment will commence in variable window of 2 to 12 hours.

Marumor

I'd be interested in giving this a try if y'all have room in the future. It sounds fun! :)

Remiel

Hey Marumor!  We just started a game, but here's the game thread if you'd like to spectate!

Don't fret, though!  Games tend to run only a few weeks, so I'm sure that the next one will start soon enough if you're patient!  And in the meantime, watching a game in progress is a good way to get a feel for how Blood on the Clocktower works.

Marumor

Random

Hey @Marumor ! Here's a link to the Blood on the Clocktower Wiki with loads of information. There's also some great videos out there that show you how the game works, like this one!

Looking forward to adding you to the mix!

Marumor

BlueOrange

I got so excited I posted this to the game thread by mistake! (Apologies for any ghost notifications it may have caused during the 30 seconds it was up.)

I’d like to play when that becomes an option, I’ve played before in person and on Discord, and the game thread shows clearly that fun is being had!

On a related note: Are you allowing Traveller characters?

Remiel

Hiya, BlueOrange!  We're currently on Day Two, but we'd definitely love to have you in our next game!  

Random

Welcome to the Ravenswood Bluff section of E, BlueOrange!

*shouts*

@Praxis ! We've got another one!

Praxis

Quote from: BlueOrange on March 19, 2024, 08:43:22 AMI got so excited I posted this to the game thread by mistake! (Apologies for any ghost notifications it may have caused during the 30 seconds it was up.)

I’d like to play when that becomes an option, I’ve played before in person and on Discord, and the game thread shows clearly that fun is being had!

On a related note: Are you allowing Traveller characters?

Ooooh.

A new person AND with experience.  Amazing.

SO!

Come over to this thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=354494.1600

You're in for Season 7!

Hatless is Storytelling and we're using a Bad Moon Rising script!

As for Travelers!  Maybe?

We've used them in the past and I found them (just me) pretty disruptive to the flow.

BUT...if the Good team or the Evil team really starts to get a huge lead, then I might throw a Traveler or two into the game to make it a little more close?

So...stay tuned?  :)

Looking forward to getting you in the mix though.  We have a really strong group presently with you and one more waiting in the wings to jump in.  The next season is going to be a doozy!

BlueOrange

Yeah, the face to face game I played where a traveler showed up, they were plenty disruptive. It was fun in person, but forums are different, so I don’t want to press hard for something you’re not confident you’ll enjoy.

I may just have to mess with Kara in one of our more established venues ;)

Praxis

Quote from: BlueOrange on March 19, 2024, 09:58:11 AMYeah, the face to face game I played where a traveler showed up, they were plenty disruptive. It was fun in person, but forums are different, so I don’t want to press hard for something you’re not confident you’ll enjoy.

So I THINK the Traveler could be good.

But as it stands, I'd be bringing in you and another.

Jumping two into the game could be a pretty big swing.  So it really comes down the right situation and a good deal of finesse.

I'm looking for opportunities.  :)

Random

Praxis

We are just wrapping up Season 6 and it can be considered an incredible success if you gloss over all of the murdering, hand-wringing, back-stabbing and gas-lighting!

We are looking for people for Season 7!

If you're interested, come check us out.

Say hello here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=354494.0

Check out our Rogue's Gallery here...

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=357493.0

Praxis

We've got a record number of players for Season 7 at twelve!

If you're interested in playing, reach out to us!

You can get in on the most murdery, backstabby, stressfully season yet!

You've got like...48 hours-ish.

Praxis

FyreFoxx

Random

Rainwood

Everlasting Starfall

*Raises hand*

Think I would be interested in trying this out after reading the season 6 thread. So once a slot/new game opens up, please let me know!
O/O

Praxis

Quote from: Everlasting Starfall on April 08, 2024, 05:19:56 AM*Raises hand*

Think I would be interested in trying this out after reading the season 6 thread. So once a slot/new game opens up, please let me know!

Amazing!

You JUST missed getting in on Season 7.

When we roll out Season 8, I'll give you a nudge.

Feel free to jump into the OOC and say "Howdy"

Put you on people's radars and keep you in the mix.

Everlasting Starfall

Quote from: Praxis on April 08, 2024, 07:07:24 AMAmazing!

You JUST missed getting in on Season 7.

When we roll out Season 8, I'll give you a nudge.

Feel free to jump into the OOC and say "Howdy"

Put you on people's radars and keep you in the mix.

Haha yeah, I saw that. Oh well, no point feeling negative about that. Will just wait til Season 8!
O/O