Call of Cthuleeewd! (Interest Check)

Started by LewdiKris, April 13, 2023, 07:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LewdiKris

Hello! Glad you clicked on my very clever title xD.

I've been experimenting with a slight modification of the Call of Cthullu roleplaying game in a One x One, and is been a blast! So I think it could be fun to run a group game for 3-5 players.

First, what is definitely going to be included? Well, first, it's going to be horror themed, with a central mystery that your Investigators will be aiming to solve. So far, so CoC. Well, there are some differences. For a start, death and madness will no longer be the inevitable end point for a character. I'm modifying the Sanity system to revolve around lewd corruption (With the madness/phobias being converted to fetishes and lewd compulsions). The investigator will also be an all female (smoke show) cast, but the specifics, of course, will be up to you.

Next, is what I want to check with folks. Mainly, what is the best setting. I'm happy with a kind of typical early 1900s setting. I quite like Gaslight too. I've even recently discovered Invictus, which is Lovecraftian horror in ancient rome! So give me your thoughts on that. I also would like an idea about peoples familiarity (for the actual recruitment, knowledge of the system won't be neccessary). I haven't seen much CoC here, but I think it's well suited to the format. The other thing is a sort of Meta Roleplay. A sleazy GM with an all-female cast of players, to whom he makes offers of game bonuses in return for lewd favours. Not married to that part, but curious who likes the idea. It won't cross the line of IC/OOC, but the extra layer of RP has been a lot of fun so far.

I also want to talk about what I offer. I am a pretty good writer, who happily mixes long and short posts. I'm a big old switch, and a pleaser. You having a good time let's me have a good time. That doesn't mean I can't play domineering, demanding, or even cruel, just that I care about doing it in the way that you enjoy. I am also engaged and active, I think communication and conversation around the game is as important as the game itself. I will want to know the boundaries, what you want to see and what I can surprise you with. Kinks-wise, I lean toward the monstrous and the non-consensual (Though, I feel it important that even the 'victim' is enjoying herself, even if she'd hate to admit it). There will be no gore, no graphic violence (atleast around or in the lewd.), no toilet stuff. I'm not myopic though, variety is what makes the game fun, so i'm happy with cute and fuzzy, or lusty romps in the hay. I like a story, so as much as this is about the sex, it is also going to be an attempt to explore characters, settings and plots in a fun way.

Lastly, Is what i'd expct from prospective players. First, is to be active, not a judgement call, but I will want to be moving along at a daily pace if I can. Some days, more than one post will be what I'm looking for. With that said, i'm not a dick. If you have to go quiet for a while, no dramas, just let me know, I won't be a pest about it. Second, is that I'll be using a discord server for dice rolls, OOC chat, notes and all the other stuff, the actual story will live here, but most everything else will be there.  Third, is quality, I am not a writing snob, nor am I an expert myself. But I will want matching effort. Most posts should be between 2-5 paragraphs, with decent vocabulary and atleast a prefunctory run through a spell check.

Well, that's everything I can spew out now. Share your thoughts and questions in this thread. I think i'm leaning toward the Ancient Rome setting, as it feels more unique. Look forward to hearing from you. Happy roleplaying!

GloomCookie

If I had more than 10 minutes I'd go into incredible detail why I want this so bad.

I will post tonight, so consider this a placeholder.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

queenkam234

LewdiKris

Quote from: queenkam234 on April 13, 2023, 07:51:30 AM
Ooh, I’d be interested!

:)

What do you think about setting? And the meta roleplay thing?

Quote from: GloomCookie on April 13, 2023, 07:50:50 AM
If I had more than 10 minutes I'd go into incredible detail why I want this so bad.

I will post tonight, so consider this a placeholder.

Look forward to it.

GloomCookie

Alright, now that I'm off work.

I adore the Call of Cthulhu system because it's a fairly easy system to get into, yet offers enough complexity to keep me happy. That's definitely a point in its favor. I also adore erotic horror, especially where we're both saving the world (or at least attempting to) while also having kinky sex. So between those two, I think I'm definitely down for giving this a go.

I can't promise daily activity but at least every 2 days or so. I can also promise I tend to react based on my partner, so it's a bit of back and forth. I also do not make 2-dimensional characters, so don't expect an air-head bimbo from me. Expect a young woman in her mid to late 20s who is competent enough to investigate or kick ass, but also knows how to work in a team. If she's the brains, she's thinking 5 steps ahead. If she's the brawn, she's ready to beat someone's ass. If she's the support, she's already got a bottle of water and ibuprofen for the headache from reading forbidden lore.

So I do hope this garners enough interest to get a game going. If not, then I hope I can at least get some 1v1 going on.
My DeviantArt

Zenkai

Fhtagn.

I'm not a fan of the CoC ruleset. On the other side, I've read a fair bit of HPL's works. The added meta-layer is a big plus in my book. As for the time period, a bunch of girlies saving the world belongs in the early 20th century imnsho - but KTL has been sending dreams ever since the first human dreamed, so... looking forward to what you come up with  :)

LewdiKris

Quote from: GloomCookie on April 13, 2023, 04:52:17 PM
Alright, now that I'm off work.

I adore the Call of Cthulhu system because it's a fairly easy system to get into, yet offers enough complexity to keep me happy. That's definitely a point in its favor. I also adore erotic horror, especially where we're both saving the world (or at least attempting to) while also having kinky sex. So between those two, I think I'm definitely down for giving this a go.

I can't promise daily activity but at least every 2 days or so. I can also promise I tend to react based on my partner, so it's a bit of back and forth. I also do not make 2-dimensional characters, so don't expect an air-head bimbo from me. Expect a young woman in her mid to late 20s who is competent enough to investigate or kick ass, but also knows how to work in a team. If she's the brains, she's thinking 5 steps ahead. If she's the brawn, she's ready to beat someone's ass. If she's the support, she's already got a bottle of water and ibuprofen for the headache from reading forbidden lore.

So I do hope this garners enough interest to get a game going. If not, then I hope I can at least get some 1v1 going on.

Great answer! Thanks. Erotic horror is a lot of fun, and I very much enjoy characters who are competent and capable. Any thoughts about setting? Would the meta RP element interest you?

Quote from: Zenkai on April 13, 2023, 05:21:00 PM
Fhtagn.

I'm not a fan of the CoC ruleset. On the other side, I've read a fair bit of HPL's works. The added meta-layer is a big plus in my book. As for the time period, a bunch of girlies saving the world belongs in the early 20th century imnsho - but KTL has been sending dreams ever since the first human dreamed, so... looking forward to what you come up with  :)

I can't promise to match the man's creativity, prose or style, but my moons will wax gibbous and the untold horrors will abound. I am very much a fiction first GM. I don't let rules get in the way of a good time. But I like that CoC has some easily corru- Modified subsystems that will well suit to the lewd warping of our heroine's minds.

(Little bonus: If you like the HPL's stories, listening to Wayne June read them might be the best way to consume them. He has a voice made for cosmic horror. The Lurking Fear)

queenkam234

Yeah, I enjoy the meta RP aspect, and I would be down for an Ancient Rome setting.

GloomCookie

Eh, I think anything before 1920's would put me off. Sorry, I prefer more modern takes on things since that's sorta what Lovecraft put down as the setting. That and I don't enjoy anything before 1900.
My DeviantArt

LewdiKris

Quote from: GloomCookie on April 14, 2023, 12:18:34 PM
Eh, I think anything before 1920's would put me off. Sorry, I prefer more modern takes on things since that's sorta what Lovecraft put down as the setting. That and I don't enjoy anything before 1900.

No worries. To be honest, the more I think about it, the more I realise the ancient Rome setting would end up being ALOT more work. I think i'm leaning back toward 1920s, tbh. Gives the most source material to work with.

Levi

I would like to learn more about CoC. I've heard of Lovecraft and think around the 20's would be interesting.  I have no experience playing but I have listened to a few posmd casts
A Working Progress.             Posting responses are: Slow.    Updated

LewdiKris

Quote from: Levi on April 14, 2023, 05:10:56 PM
I would like to learn more about CoC. I've heard of Lovecraft and think around the 20's would be interesting.  I have no experience playing but I have listened to a few posmd casts

Awesome! It's a pretty simple system, in all honesty. Well suited to pulpy, investigation-y stories. The sheet looks like an accountant's nightmare, but it's deceptively easy. Have you played many system based games at all?

GloomCookie

If you're willing to make an account, this website literally breaks it down into a series of questions where you distribute points how you want.

https://www.dholeshouse.org/CharacterLibrary/CoC7edInvestigators
My DeviantArt

LewdiKris

Quote from: GloomCookie on April 14, 2023, 06:30:51 PM
If you're willing to make an account, this website literally breaks it down into a series of questions where you distribute points how you want.

https://www.dholeshouse.org/CharacterLibrary/CoC7edInvestigators

You're a star. I was thinking of using exactly this site for the character creation.

Vergil Tanner

Honestly, I am tempted, but I don't know anything about the CoC system so I'd be a complete newb. The other thing is that if you want 2 - 5 paragraphs three times a day, with my full time job and my three hour round trip every day, that's gonna be pushing it. I might be able to do one or two posts every couple of days, but several times a day is asking a lot. It's also a problem that I live in China, currently, so I'm about 12 hours ahead of everybody else. So as tempted as I am, I'm not sure.

And yet...I'm still tempted...curse my Monster Fucker Heart. >.>

So I guess...how big a barrier is that stuff, Kris? >.> xD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Levi

Quote from: LewdiKris on April 14, 2023, 06:05:45 PM
Awesome! It's a pretty simple system, in all honesty. Well suited to pulpy, investigation-y stories. The sheet looks like an accountant's nightmare, but it's deceptively easy. Have you played many system based games at all?

I'm playing d and d and am fairly comfortable with that now.  I'll take a look at the site and see how I get on!

LewdiKris

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 14, 2023, 08:18:02 PM
Honestly, I am tempted, but I don't know anything about the CoC system so I'd be a complete newb. The other thing is that if you want 2 - 5 paragraphs three times a day, with my full time job and my three hour round trip every day, that's gonna be pushing it. I might be able to do one or two posts every couple of days, but several times a day is asking a lot. It's also a problem that I live in China, currently, so I'm about 12 hours ahead of everybody else. So as tempted as I am, I'm not sure.

And yet...I'm still tempted...curse my Monster Fucker Heart. >.>

So I guess...how big a barrier is that stuff, Kris? >.> xD

Apologies, I'm not asking for lots of posts every day. I'm looking for people who are active most days, with days here and there that they can get multiple posts up. I'm blessed with a current job that allows me to stay pretty plugged in. I've discovered with my previous group RPs that the thing that seems to make the biggest differend (expecially early on) is that everyone is roughly moving at the same pace, otherwise people seem to get burnt out as they always feel like they're apologising and catching up/keeping others waiting.

Time zone thing might be similar, not sure. Been fortunate to have most of my players all have decent time cross over, so they've easily been able to catch me in the discord to ask questions and get immediate(ish) answers.

I guess, in short, I think the frequency you describe would be fine, I reckon. The Timezone thing might be more of an issue, just because if you needed a question answered before a post, you might have a longer wait for it. But I don't think any of what you've said is prohibitive, just worth bearing in mind and being willing to say "We tried it, but it's not fitting." 

Vergil Tanner

That's fair. I'm willing to give it a shot, I just figured it would be fair to warn you of my personal limitations before we started.

I think...yeah, I'll throw my hat in the ring! Two big questions:

1) Are we using artistic FCs, or Real Life FCs?

2) I have a concept...an ex-cultist who used to be ALL IN on the cult, including their...*ahem*...more risque acts, but got out of it and put it behind her. She's gotten past the urges and whatnot...she thinks. But when exposed to it again, those old feelings bubble up all over again, and she's not sure she can resist them...
If that doesn't work, I have a couple of other concepts. One being a Scholar who is perhaps a little TOO interested in the Occult, and one being a reporter who is determined to get to the bottom of the strange goings-on. My favoured concept is the ex-cultist, of course, though it'd be up to you how deep she was into the secrets; could be that she was just an entry level "Goon" without any real knowledge or understanding past the basics.

I dunno, would that work do you think?

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Levi

Zenkai

LewdiKris

Quote from: Levi on April 15, 2023, 06:25:34 AM
Will we be using point buy?

Not totally sure yet. I like rolling, but point buy is better, especially if you come in with a strong concept. That'll be discussed once the group is chosen and we start to drill down into characters, and such.

Quote from: Zenkai on April 15, 2023, 06:39:47 AM
Also, what edition CoC? :)

7th, (I think) the most recent one. I've got all the PDFs and some other resources for it.

Vergil Tanner

If the Ex-Cultist idea doesn't work, I have other ideas. Though that's the one I'm interested in most, I can work with other ideas too. *Thinky Face*

LewdiKris

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 15, 2023, 06:20:58 AM
That's fair. I'm willing to give it a shot, I just figured it would be fair to warn you of my personal limitations before we started.

I think...yeah, I'll throw my hat in the ring! Two big questions:

1) Are we using artistic FCs, or Real Life FCs?

2) I have a concept...an ex-cultist who used to be ALL IN on the cult, including their...*ahem*...more risque acts, but got out of it and put it behind her. She's gotten past the urges and whatnot...she thinks. But when exposed to it again, those old feelings bubble up all over again, and she's not sure she can resist them...
If that doesn't work, I have a couple of other concepts. One being a Scholar who is perhaps a little TOO interested in the Occult, and one being a reporter who is determined to get to the bottom of the strange goings-on. My favoured concept is the ex-cultist, of course, though it'd be up to you how deep she was into the secrets; could be that she was just an entry level "Goon" without any real knowledge or understanding past the basics.

I dunno, would that work do you think?

That... Is a very solid concept. I can see that working very well. I don't have anything to add, it's solid and would be perfect, I think.

In terms of FC, I'm much more a fan of Character Art, than celebrity face claims. Real people claims tend to just kinda fade out of my mind, but some evocative art sticks harder. Don't mind overmuch through, the map is not the territory, after all.

Vergil Tanner

Awesome! :D I'm glad it works ^_^ It would also help explain why she's so quick to go from "No, don't touch me" to "No don't stop." xD

And that's fair! Might be a bit of a challenge to find 1920s-era character art for this sort of game, but I can poke around and see what I can find! Are we going Historically Accurate 1920s, or 1920s Gaslight-Steampunk-Esque, do you think?  ^_^

Vergil Tanner

Apologies for the double post! Would you say we're going for "Realistic Art," "Anime Art," or "Anything Goes?" Finding character art helps me crystalise the character xD

Zenkai

So what kind of scenario hook are we looking at? The ex-cultist fits everywhere, but the rest of pcs (unless ex-cultists too) need a reason to be there. The classical "letter from a distant relative", or being there because of their profession (tribal fisher(wo)men, lol)

GloomCookie

I mean, I intend to play a police officer/detective if that's cool.

My DeviantArt

LewdiKris

I think down to earth is the way to go, for this one. Though if your character art goes a bit steampunky, i'd be fine with that. It can be hard to find the right art for this era. I hesitate to use the words 'accurate' though, It'll very much be our interpretation of the 1920s, and I think it'll be set in a largely fictional part of the U.S (among other places).

I'm pretty convinced there is enough interest, here. I think I'll do a bit of noodling around with a few bits and set up a discord server. Then I'm going to put together a proper recruitment thread, maybe. I may just send you lot a message with a link to the discord and then look at a proper recruitment thread if we're still a player or two short.

xD: Couple of posts went up as I was typing this. So keep an eye out for the message with a discord link. Reckon I can address some of those questions, etc once we're there. Bear with me folks, try not to be consumed by scratching, crawling madness!

Vergil Tanner

I'll keep an eye out for said message!

I think I'm gonna go with Ex-Cultist, she got out and tried to turn to God to help her control her lewd thoughts and impulses. And then when Stuff Starts Happening, she finds she can't ignore it...only to be dragged back down that path again if she's not careful. xD

(Yes, I know she has Elf Ears, I'll try to sort something out in Photoshop. It's hard to find Nun Fantasy Art that isn't outright fetishised xD )

Levi

Quote from: LewdiKris on April 15, 2023, 06:54:26 AM
Not totally sure yet. I like rolling, but point buy is better, especially if you come in with a strong concept. That'll be discussed once the group is chosen and we start to drill down into characters, and such.

7th, (I think) the most recent one. I've got all the PDFs and some other resources for it.

Fair.

GloomCookie

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on April 15, 2023, 07:51:29 AM
I'll keep an eye out for said message!

I think I'm gonna go with Ex-Cultist, she got out and tried to turn to God to help her control her lewd thoughts and impulses. And then when Stuff Starts Happening, she finds she can't ignore it...only to be dragged back down that path again if she's not careful. xD

(Yes, I know she has Elf Ears, I'll try to sort something out in Photoshop. It's hard to find Nun Fantasy Art that isn't outright fetishised xD )

Does this work for you?

My DeviantArt

Vergil Tanner

No, the style and colours are a little off. I like my one, I'll just do a little bit of Photoshop touch-ups.

c0i9z

I would like to post some interest also.