Kabuki [M/M]

Started by Sho, October 21, 2009, 04:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sho

I'd like to start a roleplay based in the world of Kabuki theatre. This story could be set in modern day or in the past. Mostly, I was inspired by the picture I have posted above. In kabuki, female roles are played by male actors who have been trained for years in highly specialized schools. Usually they are born into families that are made up entirely of actors and in the past have been patronized by Emperors, who choose a favorite actor and shower them with favors. If this was set in the past, I have a general idea that the plot would involve a nobleman watching the debut of an actor and becoming enamoured with him as he plays the role of a woman onstage. The nobleman could be married, and he could struggle to pursue the young actor while keeping it secret from this family. He could be single as well. It really depends on what my partner wants.

If this was set in the present, I see the general plot being similar, with a well-to-do businessman (or any other profession) falling in love with an actor after his debut onto the kabuki scene and pursuing him.

I'm entirely open-minded to both plots; I'd love to do the one set in the future but I'm equally willing to play the one in the past as well. Also, the young 'woman' in the picture above actually is a man. I was generally seeing my character fitting that description.

Also, I'd like it to be a male/male roleplay, with my character being the sexually submissive partner. This roleplay could go anywhere from sweet and romantic all the way up to extreme, with the professional/nobleman deciding to push the actor to his limits and taking out his feelings (which could range, in that scenario, anywhere from love to obsession to confusion at what he felt because he'd thereto only been attracted to females and the actor, dressed as a woman, has changed that) on the young man.

So. Any takers?

Sho

Chelemar

Sho

PMed back. Anyone else interested?