Werewolves of Miller's Hollow - Game Thread [Town wins!]

Started by Trieste, December 06, 2017, 12:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Looking at how the only proven wolf at our door voted, and knowing the power of that public office I have to believe Remiel is her accomplice. My vote is for Remiel.

Trieste

Lynch vote:

Ket - 3
Remiel - 2
Imogen - 1
Caeli - 1

Yet to vote:
Remiel
Caeli

Caeli

Caeli pointed at herself when she was accused, flabbergasted. "As a villager, the first vote for the sheriff is just about blind - would you accuse everyone who voted for Remiel to be a wolf?  Wouldn't it make more sense that the wolves scattered their votes to keep their alliances hidden?"

She didn't think it was likely that the wolves had voted for one of their own as sheriff, either, but there was so little to go on. "Honestly, I have no idea who out of the people left could be the last wolf.  I feel like Yugi and Imogen's arguments make sense, though, so I'll cast my lot behind them and vote for Ket."
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Ket

"After I throw a lovely party for everyone, and point out to you how certain people could be involved in the murder one of our own last night, you're still going to send me to the gallows." Ket spoke softly. "Well, your choice. I do plan on finishing this bottle of wine first. By. My. Self. You're only hurting yourselves by sending me to my death. I have but a few words left for you."

Dishonor!
she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

yugi006

"I would like to point out that I have no evidence for Ket being a wolf so I'm voting blindly right now. The reason for my choice is that Ket and Imogen are the ones trying to convince everyone else that the other is a wolf. There is the possibility that they could both be wolves trying to protect themselves by sacrificing the other tone lynched but highly improbable. The two possibilities that make sense are either one of them is a wolf or both are villagers. Of course if Ket turns out to be a villager then Imogen might be next."

Trieste

And so, with trepidation, the village strings Ket up by her toes and tickles her until she suffocates to death. A search thereafter of her effects reveals naught but indications of a Villager.

Night 2 - Wherein Fewer People Might Die (Maybe)

Scott

*Saddened by the loss of such a pure innocent soul, and sick to his stomach at the horrible way in which she passed. After attending the solemn burial, and draping a white sheet over the grave to signify innocence. Walking slowly back to his house softly talking under his breath about some things being exactly what they seem, as his eyes blade toward Remiel. "When you're choosing which villager to devour tonight make quick work of it, we've had enough torment in this village for one day. " he spouts off before closing the door.

Kazyth

He hadn't wanted to do it.  That wasn't the way it was supposed to happen, but the will of the mob had spoken.  Poor Ket joined the other innocent victims in the graveyard, and they still had werewolves out there to deal with.  With a heavy heart he tore down the banners, swept up the mess, and went back to his cabin.  He couldn't bear to look at the other villagers, couldn't stand to see the knowledge of what they had done reflected in their eyes.

Sleep... sleep didn't seem likely.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Trieste

Having learned to caffeinate before going out their doors this time, the villagers step out to find a slightly less sceney scene than the day before!

Day 2: The Dayening

yugi006 sits in a pool of his own blood, and it's definitely the amount of blood that a Villager would have!

Who pays for the crime?

Remaining players:
Blythe
Caeli
Imogen
Kazyth
Rummy Tum Tum
Remiel*
Scott

Kazyth

A sad but unsurprised sigh escaped him as Kaz opened his door and looked out upon another dead body.  Once more he gathered up the corpse, carted it out to the cemetery and gave the last rites, before laying yet another innocent body to rest.

"I think we can all see what is happening here.  We're dying by inches, and every inch seems to make the role of Sherrif that much more important.  All I know is that one of the werewolves voted for Remiel, and only a lucky throw of an axe revealed that much to us.  I honestly don't have any better leads on this, I have to go with my gut, and my gut points to our current Sherrif."

Scott

Remiel

Remiel squinted right at Scott.  "Are you sure?  You'd better be sure.  Because by my reckoning, we started with eight villagers and four wolves.  We lost two villagers and a wolf the first night, that brings us down to six and three.  Many of you voted to lynch Ket, and unless she was a wolf in sheep's clothing, that makes us five and three.  With Yugi gone, we're now down to four and three.  So if we guess wrong--and if you lynch me, you will guess wrong--that's it.  Game over, man, game over.  Werewolves win.  So I guess you gotta ask yourself..."

He sidled up, his face right in Scott's face, his mouth contorted into a nasty grimace.  " 'Do I feel lucky?'  Well, do ya, punk?"

Imogen

Imogen ponders Kazyth's words and then nods. "That makes sense. The Sheriff's position is about to become crucial and the werewolves chose to kill Yugi instead of vacating the position. My vote goes to Remiel as well."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Trieste

Due to personal stuff, Blythe can't post right now but he PMed me his vote earlier. I'll chunk it in here now.

Current standings:
Remiel - 3
Caeli - 1

Yet to vote:
Rummy Tum Tum
Caeli
Remiel

Caeli

Caeli pondered for a moment.  "Actually, I think we only started with three wolves - so if one is dead, doesn't that mean there are only two of the wolves left versus five of us villagers?  I think that still gives us some room to maneuver here, and figure out whether Remiel was in league with the wolves, or against them.  Once we see that I think it will help clarify who the wolves might be."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Remiel

"All right.  Since momentum seems to be shifting against me, and not entirely without reason, it seems that I have no choice but to reveal that I am not only the pirate-sheriff, but also the town's Seer.  Unfortunately, the only thing I know is that Scott is probably (80% likely) on Team Village.  I didn't get to use my ability on the first night, because I spent the night in the drunk tank."

On cue, he pulls a flask of whiskey from the inner coat pocket of his duster and takes a swig.  "Don't judge me."

Remiel

(And by the by, Caeli's right.  I miscounted the number of wolves at the beginning.)

Imogen

Imogen stares at Caeli, and then rubs her eyes.

"I was under the same impression as Remiel..."

"I thought there were four wolves at the beginning which is why I considered the last few votes for the Sheriff position highly important. After all, with four of them versus eight of us, it would take only two days before they'd have a majority - IF - the Sheriff was on their side. You can see why the Sheriff's position would have been a highly coveted asset in their eyes. IF MintPrincess or the vigilante had not killed The Professor, we HAD to get out first guess right, or gain a full consensus on the second day. Most of my suspicion regarding Remiel is/was based on that logic, with his making light of the voting's importance not helping either."

"If there really are only two wolves left, that completely throws that logic out of the window.... I will withdraw my vote for now, until I've had a chance to consider the new situation."
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Imogen

Imogen frowned and ticked the new information off at her fingers.

1. Since there haven't been cries of outrage at Remiel's claim of being the seer, I will go ahead and accept his claim as true.

2. With there being fewer werewolves than we feared, there is less incentive to grab the Sheriff's position, which means that the weight of those votes devaluated, and looking at who voted for who with regard to the Sheriff's position is less likely to help us.

3. The seer (accepted as true until contested) claims Scott is most likely innocent.

And that means that I can't make heads or tails of the entire situation. I still think the reasons for suspecting Ket were pretty solid, even if the conclusion turned out to be wrong. Unfortunately, that vote is pretty much the only thing we have to go on, combined with the current voting, where Remiel voiced his understanding of the suspicions. This makes it even harder to determine who did what for which reasons....

As I have to vote, I will vote for Caeli, and hope for the best. The only reason I have to vote for her is that she has supported the misguided votes, but only after others are already voted for them and as a result is keeping a very low profile. It isn't much, but I'm grasping at straws.
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Kazyth

Imogen presents a compelling case.  I will have to change my vote as well, this time to Rummy Tum Tum, who has been curiously quiet through much of these proceedings.  That seems like biding time, if you ask me.

Trieste

Remiel - 2
Caeli - 2
Rummy Tum Tum - 1

Yet to vote:
Remiel*
Rummy Tum Tum

Y'all have 5 hours (until 10pm mountain time) to finish voting. ;)

Caeli

"Well, I'm not going to vote for myself and now that Remiel has revealed himself as the seer, I'm changing my vote as well to Rummy Tum Tum."

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

Remiel

So I think our werewolves are Caeli and Kazyth.  Here's my logic:

1. Both the Jailer and the Watcher should have known I was innocent, since I told the Jailer who I was and the Watcher would have seen me visit Scott the night before.  Since Blythe and Rummy were the only two who did not vote for me, I deduce that they are those two roles.

2.  That leaves Scott, Imogen, Caeli, and Kazyth.  Imogen voted for me, but she actually had respectable reasons for doing so, and has been trying hard to persuade me why she voted the way she did.  Either she is actually innocent, or she is trying like hell to win, and I have to applaud the effort.  Furthermore, since she was so suspicious of Persephone at the start of the game, I believe she is actually the Vigilante.

3.  When I scryed Scott, he came up as clean.  It is entirely possible that Scott could be the Sheepy Wolf; however, I always bet in favor with the odds and there is an 80% chance he is on team village.  Thus I'll remove him from the suspect pool.  For now.

4. That leaves only Caeli and Kazyth, and as far as we know, there are two werewolves left.  QED.

Kazyth

Don't you throw that evil on me!  Why would I believe anything that you said?  Especially when you mentioned cosmic interference!

You could have been lying to me.

... if I was the jailer, that is.  I'm not saying I am.