Corruption of Champions (Pathfinder) - Interest Check - Closed

Started by eBadger, October 04, 2017, 03:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vergil Tanner

I wouldn't worry about that, personally. Sometimes you end up getting more interest from male players, others from females. Making an inclusive game is just about making it available to everybody, which you've done. Looking for equality of outcome is unrealistic, since you're never going to get it, not really. I wouldn't worry about it, personally. It's nothing you've done, it just might be that there aren't many interested females. You've made an inclusive game, but if the female players aren't interested, then they aren't interested. You can't force them to join the game, after all :P
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

MiraMirror

May I ask what kind of posting rate you'd be looking for, EBadger?
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

eBadger

Quote from: MiraMirror on October 07, 2017, 09:41:53 AM
May I ask what kind of posting rate you'd be looking for, EBadger?

My expectation is 2-3 posts per week on a regular basis, with an understanding for periodic life events. 

Vreski

Blinkin

Ok, Wendy's bio is updated and her CS is up. Hope she's ok. Some minor changes may have to be made when my questions about skill points and feats are answered.... There is one feat slot unselected because I wanted to hold it until 1st level and how she may be changed at that point.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ThatFantasticBard

This looks like it could be really fun! I'd definitely be willing to try a game based in CoC.

Vergil Tanner

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

ThatFantasticBard

Likewise! Kinda funny how easy it is to run in to people from other games on here. :^)

Vergil Tanner

Haha, well, if you have similar tastes, you tend to see the same names popping up, no? :P

AdventureGuy

Here is my character for now, adding more later but I'll keep it here.

Physical
A fairly short human and slender guy with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. He has a very fair and slightly feminine face, much to his chagrin. He moves in a very reserved and least imposing manner, moving aside for others and being as quiet as possible.

Personality
He is a very bookish and learned guy not very strong or healthy all the time but can be deceptively quick. He can be quiet friendly once you get to know him but more often he will avoid people or quickly excuse himself.
He is 23 years old, gay, with very little experience. He hope to be a mage one day and do odd jobs to fund his book collection.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1358681

Quezvax

Name:       Lilly
Race:        Human
Physical Description:
Lilly is a thin girl, standing at five foot two inches tall.  She weighs roughly one hundred twenty pounds.  She has long, fiery red hair and green eyes.  Her skin is fair, freckled on her face, chest, and arms.  Her chest is a small A-cup, and her hips widen a little, giving her a slight, but lovely female form.  She is neither strong nor quick, but she makes up for it in wits.
Personality:
Lilly is a kind person, and had been training as a druid before being chosen to be sent as a champion.  Her mind is both keen and open, and as such, she gets along in the world quite well, in spite of being physically limited.  She is soft spoken, but has a way of subtly manipulating conversations to go more her way, which is usually for the greater good.

A basic concept, but what I'd be starting as.  If we get the green light, I'll make a full pathfinder character sheet.
Kinks! Ideas!  A/A
Should you decide to ghost me, I will respect your wishes and leave you be.  However, I promise that never shall I ghost you.

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on October 08, 2017, 02:19:46 AM
Haha, well, if you have similar tastes, you tend to see the same names popping up, no? :P

That's true! Actually, there's quite a few people I recognize in here.

By the way Badger, how is magic gonna be treated in this game? Will it be regular ol' Pathfinder, or will the range of spells be a bit more basic, like CoC?

Naughty Miss Adventure

Tentatively interested.  However, the defeat=rape thing isn't really my scene, especially given the frequency suggested in the opening post.  I've played CoC, loved it, but was always able to skip through the rape parts with a single click, so if that aspect could be down played (or at least, I don't have to write out the rape of my PC) or a 'fade to black' thing can be done, my tentative interest would be a definite interest!

(for the record, I don't find rape an off; I just find it tedious to write out, so its presence as part of the setting doesn't actually bother me altogether)
Ons & Offs (last updated: 15.08.21)
Absences & Apologies (back after a near year-long absence!)
Current Status: Not Accepting New Games; Muse: Erratic

Visit Eridor, where the Black Gate has been opened! (Long-term D&D 5e project)
Visit Carla at The Breeding House of Vinicus

eBadger

Quote from: ThatFantasticBard on October 08, 2017, 10:14:45 PMBy the way Badger, how is magic gonna be treated in this game? Will it be regular ol' Pathfinder, or will the range of spells be a bit more basic, like CoC?

I won't be recreating the magic system.  I dislike trying to homebrew an existing system to any large degree, so while I may tweak some things here and there (somatic components, indeed) I think I'd leave things mostly as is.  Honestly, the fun of smutty pathfinder is figuring out to make things kinky. 

My one tweak might be to re-flavor pure damage spells.  Burning Hands might become a wave of lust, for instance.  Nobody wants acid arrows in their sexy times.  They would work the same mechanically, though. 

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on October 10, 2017, 12:25:18 AM
Tentatively interested.  However, the defeat=rape thing isn't really my scene, especially given the frequency suggested in the opening post.  I've played CoC, loved it, but was always able to skip through the rape parts with a single click, so if that aspect could be down played (or at least, I don't have to write out the rape of my PC) or a 'fade to black' thing can be done, my tentative interest would be a definite interest!

(for the record, I don't find rape an off; I just find it tedious to write out, so its presence as part of the setting doesn't actually bother me altogether)

I'm gathering others share your concern, so thank you for bringing it up!  I've paused with this for a bit while I think of how to navigate that.  I would never force someone to write out a scene they don't like; but I also don't want people to feel they have to skip through sections of the game. 

The simple solution is to reduce the reluctant-con aspect of combat.  Fighting is simply fighting, it's a smutty Pathfinder with a transformative theme...doable but one of the things I personally like about CoC is that erotic victimization.  Starting characters tumble from one misadventure to another, and even once things get secure there's always the odd encounter that catches you with your pants down and leaves you in a mess. 

I'll also stress that I'm looking toward reluctant sex v. rape.  I don't want people pinned down crying as they're violated.  I want characters that are tripping on magical aphrodisiac and will eagerly participate in whatever is done to them. 

Vergil Tanner

I think dub-Con would be better, too; I was actually planning to play my character as more of a "Kinda wants it but doesn't want to want it," y'know? Aphrodisiacs are a good way to balance that :D

ThatFantasticBard

Quote from: eBadger on October 10, 2017, 02:12:08 AM
I won't be recreating the magic system.  I dislike trying to homebrew an existing system to any large degree, so while I may tweak some things here and there (somatic components, indeed) I think I'd leave things mostly as is.  Honestly, the fun of smutty pathfinder is figuring out to make things kinky. 

My one tweak might be to re-flavor pure damage spells.  Burning Hands might become a wave of lust, for instance.  Nobody wants acid arrows in their sexy times.  They would work the same mechanically, though. 

I think I know someone who has a pdf file that could help with that actually. It sorta adds a few additional things, like a lust system and some spells and items that fit with the idea of an erotic campaign. There's a couple other things in it, but you can just pick and choose what rules you wanna use.

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: eBadger on October 10, 2017, 02:12:08 AMI'm gathering others share your concern, so thank you for bringing it up!  I've paused with this for a bit while I think of how to navigate that.  I would never force someone to write out a scene they don't like; but I also don't want people to feel they have to skip through sections of the game. 

The simple solution is to reduce the reluctant-con aspect of combat.  Fighting is simply fighting, it's a smutty Pathfinder with a transformative theme...doable but one of the things I personally like about CoC is that erotic victimization.  Starting characters tumble from one misadventure to another, and even once things get secure there's always the odd encounter that catches you with your pants down and leaves you in a mess. 

I'll also stress that I'm looking toward reluctant sex v. rape.  I don't want people pinned down crying as they're violated.  I want characters that are tripping on magical aphrodisiac and will eagerly participate in whatever is done to them.
Oh, I perfectly understand the sexy nature of 'rape' in a CoC setting and not the more unpleasant realistic type, lol

What I mostly wanted to point out was the loss of the ability to choose when I want to write a sexy scene - usually it takes a little build up for me - simply being told my PC is under the effect aphrodisiacs or some lust-inducing environment doesn't actually get me in the mood to write anything sexual, it's the build up to the moment that does.  More or less, it is this loss of freedom to choose when I enter a sex scene that is the biggest obstacle.  So, to suddenly lose combat and be told 'you find yourself crumpled on the ground with your ass in the air and a big monster cock throbbing nearby', or similar, kind of has me with at an ambivalent 'Uh... okay?' mindset at best, to an apathetic 'Well I lost; do your thing' at worst.  Even more so if its with a creature/person that I don't find stimulating in a sexy way (case in point, tentacle beast).

I can't speak for others, but certainly for myself, I'd really like need the option of non-contribution (not necessarily non-involvement) in a non/dub-con scene that I'm not prepared to do.  My main interest is mainly in adventure, transformation, consensual sex, and the occasional pinch of non-con.

AdventureGuy

Everyone has their own tastes, I tend to like NC, the part that I don't look forward to having giant parts, tf all good, but no one needs a 6ft dick with balls the size of watermelons or breasts you could lose a small pet in. So again people have their own tastes but if ppl could not tf or have sex with me with overly large parts I would appreciate it.

Vreski

Quote from: AdventureGuy on October 10, 2017, 08:54:21 AM
Everyone has their own tastes, I tend to like NC, the part that I don't look forward to having giant parts, tf all good, but no one needs a 6ft dick with balls the size of watermelons or breasts you could lose a small pet in. So again people have their own tastes but if ppl could not tf or have sex with me with overly large parts I would appreciate it.

I'm someone who needs those things. :P Growth to absurd sizes and bigger is a HUGE fetish for me and I can never get enough of that kind of content and it can be hard to find. I'll leave people alone though if they're not into my overly huge parts. I'm wanting to start off as a normal girl though and slowly acquire my oversized parts. Also I'm fine with NC and I'm fine with everyone and anything having sex with my character.

Saric

Quote from: eBadger on October 10, 2017, 02:12:08 AM
*snip*

I'm gathering others share your concern, so thank you for bringing it up!  I've paused with this for a bit while I think of how to navigate that.  I would never force someone to write out a scene they don't like; but I also don't want people to feel they have to skip through sections of the game. 

Quote from: Naughty Miss Adventure on October 10, 2017, 04:40:49 AM
Oh, I perfectly understand the sexy nature of 'rape' in a CoC setting and not the more unpleasant realistic type, lol

What I mostly wanted to point out was the loss of the ability to choose when I want to write a sexy scene - usually it takes a little build up for me - simply being told my PC is under the effect aphrodisiacs or some lust-inducing environment doesn't actually get me in the mood to write anything sexual, it's the build up to the moment that does.  More or less, it is this loss of freedom to choose when I enter a sex scene that is the biggest obstacle.  So, to suddenly lose combat and be told 'you find yourself crumpled on the ground with your ass in the air and a big monster cock throbbing nearby', or similar, kind of has me with at an ambivalent 'Uh... okay?' mindset at best, to an apathetic 'Well I lost; do your thing' at worst.  Even more so if its with a creature/person that I don't find stimulating in a sexy way (case in point, tentacle beast).

I can't speak for others, but certainly for myself, I'd really like need the option of non-contribution (not necessarily non-involvement) in a non/dub-con scene that I'm not prepared to do.  My main interest is mainly in adventure, transformation, consensual sex, and the occasional pinch of non-con.

I think what is being said here, is that she would like the option of you, as the GM, simply narrating the rape scene with a spoiler box at the end that tells her what, if any, the long term effects of it were, much like the game. Meanwhile the rest of us are looking forward to being drugged, enchanted, or simply overwhelmed by erotic dancing until we can't help but take part.

Basically she wan't the option to opt out of helping to write the rape scenes but doesn't care if they happen regardless.
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Naughty Miss Adventure

Quote from: Saric on October 10, 2017, 12:52:41 PM

I think what is being said here, is that she would like the option of you, as the GM, simply narrating the rape scene with a spoiler box at the end that tells her what, if any, the long term effects of it were, much like the game. Meanwhile the rest of us are looking forward to being drugged, enchanted, or simply overwhelmed by erotic dancing until we can't help but take part.

Basically she wan't the option to opt out of helping to write the rape scenes but doesn't care if they happen regardless.
Ditto.

Blinkin

This brings up a question. Will the rest of us, who may find the erotic scenes interesting and fun to write have to cut such scenes out so that no one has to read them, or will everyone have to go through them to get to the next scene?

The real downside I see in opting out, and I don't blame or judge anyone who does opt out, is the loss of the opportunity to play a rescue from said horrors.

On a side note, Wendy doesn't mind girls getting dicks, but anything past a certain point isn't going to be getting into her bedroll. ;)
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Saric

Quote from: Blinkin on October 10, 2017, 04:12:33 PM
This brings up a question. Will the rest of us, who may find the erotic scenes interesting and fun to write have to cut such scenes out so that no one has to read them, or will everyone have to go through them to get to the next scene?

The real downside I see in opting out, and I don't blame or judge anyone who does opt out, is the loss of the opportunity to play a rescue from said horrors.

On a side note, Wendy doesn't mind girls getting dicks, but anything past a certain point isn't going to be getting into her bedroll. ;)

My recommendation is to make one post with a spoiler box and an outcome box, then put the pre-made rape scene in the spoiler box if they op out of writing it or start a side thread to write it out with everyone involved and put a link or a transcript in the spoiler box. Update the 'outcome' box as necessary with any transformations, additions, stat changes, etc. that deviate from the pre-made scenes results.

That way people can read the posts or not as they choose, we still get post count toward Big Game Status, and the basic format is the same between those who play out the scenes and those who don't. Thoughts?
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Blinkin

Remember, you asked for thoughts. lol

I think that to sideline the main thread for scenes that a player or two may not wish to participate in is doing a bit of a disservice to the other players. Everyone knows going in that these scenes may take place, so it's a case of objecting to said content, but joining anyway. If the game was mainly non-sexual, going to a sidethread for those scenes would be one thing; it wouldn't interfere with the flow of the game and the majority of the group's desires are being met. Doing it for one or two players sensibilities, who are playing voluntarily with full knowledge... seems like an extra, unnecessary step. It would be easier to simply put the scene into spoilers on the main thread with the warning "Sexual Content Inside."

I want to be sure that everyone knows that I don't have a problem with anyone who doesn't want to participate in some of the potentially non-con scenes. I respect their decision and will do all I can to insure that they aren't drawn by anything that I do.I was just asking a question about how the scenes would be run under the circomstances.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

c0i9z

I would like to note that I would be happy with a wide variety of transformations and/or sex scenes, in whatever form that may end up taking.