For The Crown (A Game of Conquest)[Prince, Nobles and Warriors needed]

Started by LimitlessNikkie, August 01, 2012, 06:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkRose15

Quote from: Dancing flower on August 06, 2012, 02:20:50 AM
Age is not a concern for me since sex is not my character's main motivation. I can not speak for Rose on that issue. My female is not into other women so I highly doubt that she would be attracted to her sister.
I didn't say it was my char's main motivations either....I just wanted to try a different age is all.
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

Flower

I did not mean it was your character's main goal either. I just did not want to speak for you or your character. That comment had nothing to do with your character being older than mine.

DarkRose15

Quote from: Dancing flower on August 06, 2012, 02:28:32 AM
I did not mean it was your character's main goal either. I just did not want to speak for you or your character. That comment had nothing to do with your character being older than mine.
Sorry if I jumped to conclusions then. Twasn't my intent.

kckolbe

It was a response to my question asking if either princess or the queen had a preference for my character's (royal armorer's) age.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Aiden

I am eying this game, thinking it is just my sudden fascination after watching Game of Thrones.

Would an assassin or /King's guard be a good fit? Maybe not the king's guard, I don't think I want to be bowing to a king, maybe a merc coming along for the ride?  I have so many ideas in mind.

I am not looking to be a noble, maybe a prized warrior/turned general?

Gah, I should be asleep its almost 1am!

DarkRose15

Quote from: kckolbe on August 06, 2012, 02:34:13 AM
It was a response to my question asking if either princess or the queen had a preference for my character's (royal armorer's) age.
I'd missed that I went back and saw it just a bit ago.

sesshomaruartist

Wow missed out on so much chatter, hmm I seem to know most of the players of this game and to those that I don't, hello I am sess and I am a roleplayer around here! =Waves around=

DarkRose15

Quote from: sesshomaruartist on August 06, 2012, 02:38:08 AM
Wow missed out on so much chatter, hmm I seem to know most of the players of this game and to those that I don't, hello I am sess and I am a roleplayer around here! =Waves around=
Hi :) *waves back*

Flower

Sorry for the misunderstanding guys. I was not trying to be rude or mean. :(

DarkRose15

Quote from: Dancing flower on August 06, 2012, 02:43:50 AM
Sorry for the misunderstanding guys. I was not trying to be rude or mean. :(
*hugs* I misunderstood no worries.

LimitlessNikkie

Hi Aiden welcome!

Ok lets see Assassins are interesting and make for good drama but they are harder to work in unless they have a previous alliance with one monarch or throne.

A warrior turned general would also work in either kingdom though better in Aserit where bloodlines are not so important in determining rank and skill is valued above parentage.

Then get some sleep silly  :P

sesshomaruartist

Quote from: LimitlessNikkie on August 06, 2012, 02:56:07 AM
Hi Aiden welcome!

Ok lets see Assassins are interesting and make for good drama but they are harder to work in unless they have a previous alliance with one monarch or throne.

A warrior turned general would also work in either kingdom though better in Aserit where bloodlines are not so important in determining rank and skill is valued above parentage.

Then get some sleep silly  :P

Dont work too hard hon!

Quote from: DarkRose15 on August 06, 2012, 02:41:03 AM
Hi :) *waves back*

So how s your day going?

LimitlessNikkie

sesshomaruartist

LimitlessNikkie

PhantomPistoleer

The Basics
Name: Knight Commander Kale Theiri
Sex: Male
Orientation: Heterosexual
Role: Heir of the Theirian Crown
Player: Phantom Pistoleer

The Look
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 240 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Almond
Skin: Olive
Anything else:  The Heir of the Crown possesses an inquisitive brow, a chiseled chin and a face weathered by extreme temperatures.  He possesses an air of peaceful resolution, and harbors a dominant inner strength in his stride.  Aside from numerous scars, he has no tattoos or piercings.

The story
Dislikes:  Boasting, Infection, Sickness, Poverty, Politics
Personality:  The Knight Commander is a competent, fearless man, who exercises discretion in the intrigues of his parents and compassion towards the helpless.  He is a man that understands his own limitations, and ardently strives to better himself through training.  He does not like the politics of the courts, and spends most of his time at the barracks, instructing squires or practicing on the quintain.  He is imposing, but not intimidating; he is hardened, but not ungentle; and he is a warrior, but not unkind.  Indeed, he is friendly and strapping, well liked and respected, for he is humble about his station and his talent.
Habits:  Since he was young, the Knight Commander has had a habit of coming home at the end of the day with mud up to his ears.  As an adult, he dedicates most of his time pursuing excellence in jousting, horsemanship, swordsmanship, pancration and field games, in all climates, at all hours.
Skills:

• Combatant with the sword and shield, spear and lance
  • Horseman and animal handler
  • Tactician and military commander
  • Siege engineer
  • Received a Knight's Education, including reading and writing, heraldry, religion, ethics, laws, customs, traditions, engineering instruction in fortifications and field survival.

History:

Like most first sons, Kale understands very little about his parents, the King and Queen.  He spent most of his childhood attempting to avoid them.  In their presence, he found himself to be something he knew he wasn't:  meek, subservient, afraid.  As such, Kale was well-behaved and well-mannered, albeit a little distant.  At the age of seven, he was trained by the late Sir Halvert Stoutheart as a page, and did well, despite almost being killed twice by drowning.  He served as a Squire to Sir Philmont with distinction, and entered into knighthood at the early age of 17.  He has fought in three campaigns against barbarian tribes, wherein he has suffered numerous injuries.  He is highly regarded by his peers as being brave in the face of adversity and noble in his bearing, but is not seen as being a capable replacement for his father despite his brilliance or his success.

Will edit history as family settles
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Aiden

To the two kings,

Either of you interested in an adviser/right hand man, well educated, trained and willing to do what must be done for the crown?
Also open to the heirs, since he knows if he befriends the heirs to the throne he will cement his position within the respective courts.

I thinking he has this public face he upholds but is trained in the subtle arts (Assassin/spy). Looking to be a double agent/ear and eyes of the crown.

Veluux

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

bubby

LimitlessNikkie

PhantomPistoleer - Thank you for the bio it looks good. I'll add it to the character thread.

Aiden- You might want to try PMing insanityenviesme, I don't think he following this thread.

And with that good morning everyone!

PhantomPistoleer

All right.

And let the plotting begin.

I would like for my character to have been commanded to return from a military campaign to be part of the festivities.  My character's duty to his King and his duty to his men are in conflict.  Also, my character is a little afraid that his parents might marry him off to an Aserit.  He would die for his parents, but the men have told him some (probably true) tales regarding the ruthlessness of Aserit women.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

bubby

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on August 06, 2012, 01:09:55 PM
All right.

And let the plotting begin.

I would like for my character to have been commanded to return from a military campaign to be part of the festivities.  My character's duty to his King and his duty to his men are in conflict.  Also, my character is a little afraid that his parents might marry him off to an Aserit.  He would die for his parents, but the men have told him some (probably true) tales regarding the ruthlessness of Aserit women.

>:)

DarkRose15

Flower

Quote from: bubby on August 06, 2012, 01:12:28 PM
>:)
+1

Also, I was wondering if perhaps our characters might have faced off with each other on the battleground before the ceasefire was decided on.

Quote from: DarkRose15 on August 06, 2012, 02:22:31 PM
Hey all :)

-huggles the Rose-

PhantomPistoleer

If you would like, Dancing Flower.

It's not particularly important for me for Kale to have bested your character in combat.  I'm all right with you having gained a one-on-one victory against him -- he's a great fighter, but he's never going to be one of the best fighters.  I'm only really truly interested in two things for the narrative:  for Kale to have acted bravely, and for him to have gained a moral victory (through his willingness to do good or his unwillingness to do evil).

Does that sound fair?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O