Epic at Elliquiy

Started by indarkestknight, February 25, 2006, 10:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

indarkestknight

I've noticed a rather distinct lack of epic games at elliquiy. I'm not sure if it's because DMs are afriad to try this, or no players really care for epic. I for one, happen to like it, so I'm probing for intrest and overall preferences before setting down a definitive kind of game.

Jefepato

Color me interested.  More information would be good, though.

LordAnubis

I'm intrested in am epic kind of game.  Granted I also would want it epic with a system.  I like building up and in freeform, it just doesn't hold much meaning.  But even and Epic free form game I'd be happy to play.

WarDragon

If I'm not mistaken, Glab's referring to "D&D played at 21st character level and higher."

In which case, do I really have to tell you I'm up for it?

LordAnubis

Well either epic in 21st plus DnD or epic as in Big awesome story like Odysseus's boat trip.

You know on a side note, the title could be rewritten on that story "Worst boat trip imaginable"  Guess that goes to show, don't piss off the god of the seas right before you climb into a boat.

indarkestknight

Well, I'm interested in what you guys would like to play: what level, what alignments, what world. If I have some idea, I can hammer something from there.

Jefepato

LordAnubis

I prefer neutral to evil.  I never get to play evil and I can make a real sadistic bastard.

Either a level 1 starting to make a build from there, or 20 to have some serious powers to begin with and go forth to destroy/corrupt the world.

Has anyone played gestalt games before?  I got the unearthed arcana and always wanted to try one.

indarkestknight

I'd rather not deal with gestalt, for now. Too open to abuse. And poor WD... I know he prefers good alignments...

WarDragon

Indeed.  I could deal with stretching my evil wings, if that's the group concensus, though.  I'd prefer to start at higher level than lower.  In my experience, play-by-posts that start at 1st have little chance of ever reaching 21st.

Also, I'm sick of Faerun.

indarkestknight

Duly noted, WD, duly noted.

Aphrodite

I'd definitely be interested in joining. :) If, by epic, you mean a nice, long  RP? I think I know what you mean. heh.

anyway... the chatter's intruiged me. ^_^ What do you all have in mind?
I had a party last night. You didn't come, but your man did...twice. And you say he wants you? Hah. Looks like my ass is the one he's after. ;)

LordAnubis

so high level evil campaign not in Faerun.  Oh, any books you want to disallow?  I've got a number of them available to me so before I go building a character should make sure to remove any books from the list you wouldn't want in.

You're probably right about the gestalt and it's abuse, just looks rather intresting.

Mindhazingsquid

It's too bad I don't have any books or I might like to play.

LordAnubis

Well, if you have an instant messanger, highspeed connection and the willingness to leave you computer on for awhile I can get you the basic ones. or just give you a link for character creation.

LordAnubis

and on that note, some GM's hate the Mystic Theurge.  Are you okay with that class?  If you are I have my character, just need the level.

Mindhazingsquid

I know d&d wel enough to use a character creatorl, though I may like a list (possibly description) of the allowed Prestige classes and how rules differe for over 20.
For a messenger I will have to get back to you when I get home.

LordAnubis

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/home.html

for those without the books

You gain a bonus to your attacks every odd level I believe, not to your base attack bonus, just you're attacks.  So at level 20 your number of attacks per turn are locked.  You gain +1 to your saves at every even level, so the difference between your high save and low save won't grow any more.  There is a whole new feat list that becomes available.  You still gain hit dice like usual and caster levels continue to go up, but if you continue to a level 21 wizard you gain 1 tenth level spell, another level I believe adds a level 11th spell and so forth, that I'd have to check into.

Some class abilities continue to grow, like paladin cure disease, Ranger favored enemy and rogue sneak attacks.  Some abilities get replaced by bonus feats every couple of levels, like the enhanced unarmed damage of monks and the lore ability of the loremaster.

Any questions not answered?

Mindhazingsquid

Oh yeah, I forgot Neverwinter Nights had epic stuff, I know that they had to change the rules but it's a place to start or something.

Elvi

*sobs*
You're all going all numbers thingy on me aren't you....
*snuffles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

LordAnubis

Elvi I'd be more then willing to help you if you wanted to play.

Elvi

LordAnubis

*hugs elvi*

It's real easy.  You do everything like you normally do, post all descriptive like but when you decide to claw out the eyes of the bastard that said you looked fat in a dress you roll a dice to see if you hit him instead of him getting to decide.

And DnD is real easy to learn, I promise.

Elvi

*Rolls up sleeves......*
OK WHICH bastard said I looked fat in this dress?

kylie

Curious...

*random sarcasm alert* 

So a few hyperpowerful ten page long characters play sudden death with really big beasties from the far bottom of the Abyss, or die of lethal blunders like not having the patience to fire up their thirty year old refurbished Gems of True Seeing...
Or do these characters get armies and ethereal ambassadors to play mega battle chess with everyone else's?

...  Seriously though, is it correct to imagine quite technical discussions of each round of combat, or is there a way of expediting that online?