News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Windows Registry Scan

Started by King_Furby, May 15, 2008, 12:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

I need to do a registry scan, i guess over the years my computer has started to junk up and just recently shit is hitting the fan so to speak. It's a real mess. I do virus scan, and d-frag somtimes but now i need to do a registry scan and repair loads of errors, about 1000 something.

None of the registry scan software is helping, even the demos are crap. The free ones only let you fix a few which isn't good enough. And i can't spend the money on one right now.

Does Windows XP Sp2 have a registry scan built in? If so how do i go about using it/finding it.

If not does anyone know of a totally free scanner without stupid restrictions on number?

HairyHeretic

I don't know any offhand, but have you tried looking on TUCOWS for one?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Hunter

Off the top of my head, I'm going to say that XP doesn't have a built in registry scanner.   About the closest you're going to come to it is to run a checkdisk but that will only look for hard drive errors.

King_Furby

Thanks HairyHeretic i found one. I found one called Glarysoft Registry Repair on the site you recomended. It may not be the best but it's free and allows you to repair and fix all the errors it finds. I had over 2000 errors.

I did that, defraged, virus scanned the whole shot. The problem was the registry but i did it all just for good measure.

Yea XP does not have a registry scanner. I just wonder if Vista does.