News:

Main Menu

My intro

Started by Southern81, April 23, 2024, 12:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern81

Good afternoon!! Or morning depending on when you read this!

I'm glad to be here, I'm nervous to be here, I'm both eager and anxious to be here.

I'm not even quite sure why I'm here or what it might bring, but I'm here for it regardless. 

Hopefully I'll, at the very least, meet some great friends along the way.

Chasing Dreams

Welcome to Elliquiy!

Our application process is an interactive one, so please check out the links we've included in this post. Please read the Rules, then pick up the Questionnaire. Come back to this thread to answer it so we can get to know you better! 
Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Southern81

Ok - second introduction (hello, hello), along with the questionnaire:

1.    Tell us how you found us, please?  From the all-powerful Google.  I think my search was something along the lines of "roleplay forum".

2.    Confirmation that you understand and agree to abide by our rules. Absolutely.  I'm a rule follower by nature. 

3.    A confirmation that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age. Definitely past 18... By several years. 

4.    Your native language(s) and what region you are from. English is my first and only language.

5.    What are your reasons for joining Elliquiy, and what aspects of our community are you interested in? I think you guys put it best when you used the phrase "online community".  I initially was searching for somewhere to explore my roleplaying creative thoughts, but I love the idea of being able to just have a place to share thoughts and hear others.

6.    Are you new to roleplaying? Definitely not new to roleplaying, but love the thought of a much more organized website for it.  Like I said before, I'm definitely past 18 years old.  And I probably role played for the first time more than 18 years ago.  Ha!

7.    Elliquiy consists of a wide array of sexualities, personalities and enthusiasts of various kinks. How comfortable are you interacting in such a community?
Doesn't bother me at all.  Everyone has their own thing.

8.    How do you feel about males writing as female characters or females writing as male characters?  I don't do this personally, but have known others that do.  Again, it doesn't bother me at all - just isn't for me.

9.    Let us know about your pet peeves or other things that bother you. I wouldn't say I have any that "bother me".  There are things that aren't my cup of tea of course, but if that's the case then I just politely decline.  Not my place to judge a single soul.

Optional Questions:

A.    Would you like to disclose your gender identity? I am a male.  

B.    What are some hobbies or activities you particularly enjoy? Reading, videogames when I have time, exercise, podcasts, and the financial world.

C.    What would you do if a writing partner suddenly, and without prior discussion, included one of your major offs in your roleplay?  Well... I'm a HUGE advocate of communication.  So if that occurred, it would be a great opportunity to have an outside conversation with my partner about something that I wasn't comfortable with.  And hopefully that conversation would lead to a more positive partnership!

D.    Please describe your writing style and preferences.  Ive done several different styles, but I think I prefer third person for more epic stories, possibly first person for short one-offs.   As for genres... Mostly fantasy?  Sometimes just a real-life kind of rom-com.

E.    Please describe your ideal roleplaying partner and their character.  Again, I'm a fan of communication.  So my only real main requirement from a partner is to communicate with me.  What do they like, look for, where do they see the story going, etc.

F.    As part of the application process, our members like asking fun questions of applicants. We want to get to know you and entertain you during your approval process!
 F1. Please let us know if you would you prefer: fun/silly questions, writing prompts, both, or neither. Fun or silly questions sound like a lot of fun!  Bring 'em on!

F2. If you would like fun questions or a writing prompt, please start by treating the following as either a question, writing prompt, or character building exercise, and remember to keep it PG13: People start waking up with superpowers, but they are mostly useless. For example, the power to be immune to every third bullet, or the power to force people to do the chicken dance whenever the song is played. What would your ‘mostly useless’ power be, and how would you use it?
-----------------
My alarm is ringing.  It sounds far away, but when my hand reaches out from my sheets, I'm able to find it and turn it off.  It takes me a few moments to climb out of bed and stumble my way into the bathroom, as I do every morning.  I shuffle in front of the toilet and stand there for a moment.  Waiting.  Waiting. 

'Thats strange', I think to myself.  'I always have to pee first thing in the morning.'  I shrug it off and move on about my day, getting ready for work.  

All throughout the day the news is erupting with the realization that seemingly everyone has suddenly, and without explanation, developed some kind of strange superpower.  But none of them are anything very useful.  One of my coworkers runs in my office at one point and tells me about a girl that knows who is calling her exactly three and a half minutes before they call.  What are you supposed to do with that.  

The day goes by quickly as everyone is preoccupied with the continuous stories about strange powers, and before I realize it, the day is up and it's time for me to go home.

I spend the vast majority of the remainder of the night with my eyes glued to my TV as I ate dinner, hearing more and more stories.  More than once I try to imagine what it might be like if I had one of these weird "gifts" too.  If you want to call them that.

Within a few hours, I found myself laying back in my bed, staring at the ceiling - my mind racing through what this could mean for the human race as a whole.  I kept thinking back through the entire day and the different stories.  I realized I completely missed lunch, which is why I was so hungry at dinner.  But then I realized something else...

I haven't had to use the bathroom all day!
-----------

You're welcome for that.  Ha!  

I don't have any other questions, and I'm looking forward to making some great friends here. 

Thanks!

Chasing Dreams

Thank you for filling out the questionnaire.

We’re so happy to have you here and can’t wait to get to know you better. During the approval process we have a bunch of things to participate in and occupy, should you choose and you can find those as well as other helpful information here. Just make sure you come back to this thread regularly to see what our lovely staff and approved members leave for you by way of greetings, questions, and so on. Just to let you know, the approval process usually takes a minimum of 24 hours up to a week depending on various factors faced by the approvals team, who are real people with real lives and real issues. It's never 100% guaranteed. Your understanding and patience is appreciated.

Please remember that before approval all posts and interactions must be kept PG-13.

So, with that under our belt, it’s very nice to meet you and I’d like to leave you with a question to get us started!

What do you feel is your best trait as a writer? On the other hand, what do you feel is your worst trait as a writer?

Selectively Available for NEW stories.
Status ⋮ Around here somewhere.
Posts owed ⋮ 4 out of 11 
Posting Order (Click to see.)

Thank you Amaris for the beautiful signature!

Southern81

Great question!  Thank you. 

I suppose my best trait as a writer... actually, I'll choose two things: first, my creativity.  I have read a lot (books), watched a lot (movies and shows), and played a lot (video games and D&D) which gives me so many varying ideas to pull from.  And secondly, my own personal life experiences.  I've been through a lot personally in my life and am able to utilize those experiences through my writing. 

My worst trait, which I think its only fair that I name two since I did two "best traits": first, while I am far from perfect, I CAN be particular about people's grammer (they're, there, their, etc.).  And secondly, I would say that sometimes I struggle with patience.  In my mind a story might evolve or move very quickly and I have to remind myself to slow down and enjoy the journey.  

LostInTheMist

Hello Southern81. Welcome to E! I don't drop into these much, but I'm feeling gregarious today, so here goes.

If you could learn one skill, instantaneously, to an expert level (like it was uploaded into your brain alá Matrix) what would it be and why?
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Southern81

Man.. wouldn't that be nice if we could actually do something like that!

There are a ton of great answers to this question, but I think today I would answer "languages".  I would love to be fluent in multiple languages.  How great would that be? 

Merry Gentry

Hello Southern81 - Welcome to E!  Glad you're here checking things out.  Have fun! 
“And I’d give up forever to touch you, cause I know that you feel me somehow. You’re the closest to heaven that I’ll ever be and I don’t wanna go home right now.”

Southern81

Quote from: Merry Gentry on April 24, 2024, 06:14:29 PMHello Southern81 - Welcome to E!  Glad you're here checking things out.  Have fun!
Thank you, Merry!  Glad to be here!

Unholy

Yoooo Southern81, hi! And welcome to this fun lil' place on the Web! Since you're open to questions I thought I might just drop in and leave you one!

I see you enjoy podcasts! I like to listen to spooky ones occasionally myself. But my question is...what kind of podcasts do you enjoy? Tell me about a favorite one!

LostInTheMist

Quote from: Southern81 on April 24, 2024, 09:28:03 AMMan.. wouldn't that be nice if we could actually do something like that!

There are a ton of great answers to this question, but I think today I would answer "languages".  I would love to be fluent in multiple languages.  How great would that be?
I'm fluent in Spanish, and it's great. Especially when you're shopping in one of the Spanish markets. You play the stupid gringo, and you hear how low they're willing to go on prices of their goods, then negotiate it down to that level. (Another Spanish market tip is that they are absolutely desperate to make their first sale of the day. It's a good luck thing. Like fish tanks/water scenes at the front of every Japanese store or restaurant you've ever visited. So you can get a good item for practically nothing, if you're there when they first open.)

If you could learn any language fluently, what would it be, and why? What's the coolest language?
My Apologies and Absences  Updated April 1, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: House sitting. Will not be replying until I return. See my A/As for details.

Southern81

Quote from: Unholy on April 27, 2024, 12:21:12 AMYoooo Southern81, hi! And welcome to this fun lil' place on the Web! Since you're open to questions I thought I might just drop in and leave you one!

I see you enjoy podcasts! I like to listen to spooky ones occasionally myself. But my question is...what kind of podcasts do you enjoy? Tell me about a favorite one!
Oh man... The ones I listen to would probably be considered boring for most people.  The one I've been into most lately is called Smart Money Happy Hour.  It's a more laid back, comedic, cultural/finance podcast with weekly, super short episodes.

Southern81

Quote from: LostInTheMist on April 27, 2024, 01:01:40 AMI'm fluent in Spanish, and it's great. Especially when you're shopping in one of the Spanish markets. You play the stupid gringo, and you hear how low they're willing to go on prices of their goods, then negotiate it down to that level. (Another Spanish market tip is that they are absolutely desperate to make their first sale of the day. It's a good luck thing. Like fish tanks/water scenes at the front of every Japanese store or restaurant you've ever visited. So you can get a good item for practically nothing, if you're there when they first open.)

If you could learn any language fluently, what would it be, and why? What's the coolest language?
Great question!  Any one language.... Lately I've been loving Italian.  So I'll go with that one.  Lots of history, amazing people, and a beautiful country.  

As for what the "coolest language" is, that's a strange question.  I guess it would be pretty subjective.  I'll pick Latin.  Again, tons of history, and so influential for so many things even today. 

Timeless

Hello there!

When you have the time, can you please check here?

Thank you!