Gantz (A truly unique take on roleplay) Recruiting!

Started by Elias, May 15, 2015, 08:44:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elias

"Welcome to the Toronto Ontario game of Gantz, I am your host Gantz. Ha Ha Ha. You have died, you are dead Your lives are over, you bastards. What you do with your new lives is for me to decide. So there you have it."

"Here are the rules."

Across the black orb appears a list of rules for the players of Gantz.

1) Try not to die
2) Kill as many targets as you can before the time runs out.
3) Get points

OOC:

Wow so you're still here, wonderful!

This game is what I am going to call extremely unique in the sense that the game does not revolve around our characters, Gantz is what matters, your characters will exist within it and if your character survives long enough it will become something important within the world alongside the entity that is Gantz.

Now for all you people who dont recognize the title, I expect that will be the majority of you Gantz is a game; a giant black ball plucks you out of the world as you die at a random interval of Gantz's choosing as long as you're not about to die of old age Gantz upon the death of your body creates you a new one, every major city has a Gantz, so he only plucks people out of that particular city.

Here is the important part, most characters will consistently die. Humans completely clueless are expected to grab weapons suit up and fight aliens for the amusement of Gantz and whoever controls Gantz. There is an underlying more important role but your charries probably wont live long enough to witness that.

this is a game where I am hoping death for the pcs becomes a fact of life and those who do make it through more than 3 rounds of Gantz can be really proud of it.

This will be a combination of surreal and extreme violence, where all acts of depravity are ignored because only those within the game can see one another until that days mission is over, and they are presumed dead anyway. Only when they escape their first dance with Gantz can they return to their life, where they are forced to some how cope with the horrors of what they witness.

Characters

You can create between 1-3 characters, please expect your charries to die, I want to write out deaths and destruction and general craziness. I will be working out as an ST how it will be done, but it will involve dice so that its completely fair for everyone and your choices have a very direct impact on making it. If anyone has a quick and easy to decide how characters live and die PM me with it so I can take a look.

I dont want a bio, I want the character to involve after the events of Gantz and I dont want players to write up extensive bios when they could lose the character. I want your characters life to (If they last long enough) revolve around gantz, your past will become irrelevant.

Please try and remember these are boring ordinary people thrust into a crazy situation, how they die and how they end up in gantz can range from car accidents to suicides to overdoses, its all very human until they are forced to deal with something completely inhuman!

[u]Character sheet[/u]
[float=right][img width=350][/img][/float]
[b]
username:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]physical description:[/b]
[b][b]Skills:[/b] (List three natural talents)
Flaws:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (Keep to one paragraph)

CURRENTLY RESTRICTED CHARACTER TYPES

Martial Artists
Violent/skilled Criminals
psychics

wander

I'm in! :)

I want to see what other characters come up first though before I decide on mine. I do have one kind of character that could fit here depending, though for now I'm just stating my interest. :)

Vercile

Seal of interest

Post Note: I'm in the mood for a dramatic death scene...

Elias

iridum248

Oooh, I've always loved the spectacle of the manga, too. Count me in!

Vercile

Elias

Its inspired by the anime, but roleplayed in a "real life" style as much as normal people killing aliens and being murdered in horrible ways themselves can be.

Also we are avoiding Canon characters completely if there is anyone who is looking for that, and we are avoiding special powers for now, psychics, master martial artists etc.

Elias

NPC

Character sheet

username: Elias

Character Name: Simon Stork

Sex: Male

physical description: Lean and muscular, Daniel has hard, near crazy eyes and purple black hair. Tattoos cover him from head to toe and if you see past those you see scars, signs he has been in a lot of fights through out his life. On the back of his neck there are several circular scars that look like they once were burns how they got there and who put them there are a total mystery.

Skills: veteran of the game (Has survived 4 matches), beautiful handwriting, tattoo artist

Flaws: violent, bi polar, suffers from ptsd, is hard pressed to survive in the real world anymore, sees fellow human beings as nothing but fodder, suffers from night terrors, gets off on acts of violence,

NOTES: Meet your mentor guys, this is the one with a few of the answers, whether he provides you with any will depends on your actions and what you do within the game of course none of the characters no this but for OOC purposes his actions will guide you through the basics. We want this to really feel like the fear of the unknown its what makes gantz so twisted and awesome.

wander

Is Katastrophe going to be a thing down the line?

Also, how are Points going to work out in this? Each alien in the manga had different amounts, seemed to be based more on how much Gantz wanted them dead, for example whilst the Onion Dad seemed tough, he was only worth 3 points. Tae-chan was worth 30 points if I remember correctly. Gah, I used to own the Gantz Manual and it had all the alien points noted in there up to around the Ring Alien hunt (they were worth 10pts each and didn't seem to put up much of a fight for a group of giant centaur things).

I know in later chapters it was pretty much weak ones were 1pt each, mass fighters were 5pts each (like Tanaka alien level) and then Bosses could be from 10 up to 100 points.

scribus1000

Oh my. I had just reread through the entire series last week, too. I may be interested, but even if I don't bite, I'll be bookmarking this.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Elias

Quote from: wander on May 15, 2015, 01:43:00 PM
Is Katastrophe going to be a thing down the line?

Also, how are Points going to work out in this? Each alien in the manga had different amounts, seemed to be based more on how much Gantz wanted them dead, for example whilst the Onion Dad seemed tough, he was only worth 3 points. Tae-chan was worth 30 points if I remember correctly. Gah, I used to own the Gantz Manual and it had all the alien points noted in there up to around the Ring Alien hunt (they were worth 10pts each and didn't seem to put up much of a fight for a group of giant centaur things).

I know in later chapters it was pretty much weak ones were 1pt each, mass fighters were 5pts each (like Tanaka alien level) and then Bosses could be from 10 up to 100 points.

If we do catastrophe it will be in the distant future, as for points I will probably be nicer since we really will be losing PC characters so if you make it through I want you to feel like your character grows in a reasonable amount of time. I will not be using Gantz aliens in a lot of cases, I have come up with my own that resemble Western ideologies a little more.

Also once we have 5 characters to join the first game I will produce an OOC section and IC section as well as a journal section so your characters can write down what they have learned and use this to help other players (Or not) choice is yours and I know what information you do and dont have since a big part of the terror of gantz is having no information.

Vercile

Username: Blaze

Sex: Female

Appearance: Your not-so-typical blue eyed, blonde haired, full lipped youth. Slender and somewhat toned, giving her a cross between a rough and girly appearance. Has a pink & purple butterfly tattooed on her right shoulder, appearing in the game wearing; a dark shirt, a black long sleeved waist cut leather jacket, a black skater skirt and snake black stiletto knee high boots.

Skills: Knife-Fighting, Street Fighting, Running/Parkour, Fashion & Make Up.

Flaws: Loner, Stubborn, Distrusting, Cynical, Death-Seeker.

Note: Sophia always took life as a game... and now she has a chance to play for it again in death.

wander

I'll be getting a character up later tonight... Thinking on it, I think the one I'm thinking on expanding and adding in may be perfect for this game. :)

I'm hoping not everyone is gonna be taking combat skills and parkour as standard though, especially as these characters are supposed to be people off the street outside of the mentor NPC.

As a question to our GM, have you thought about how many points he'll (the mentor) have at the start? :)

scribus1000

Quote from: wander on May 17, 2015, 12:55:39 PM
I'll be getting a character up later tonight... Thinking on it, I think the one I'm thinking on expanding and adding in may be perfect for this game. :)

I'm hoping not everyone is gonna be taking combat skills and parkour as standard though, especially as these characters are supposed to be people off the street outside of the mentor NPC.

As a question to our GM, have you thought about how many points he'll (the mentor) have at the start? :)

Oh yeah, good question; considering the three different conditions for reaching 100, whichever one he seeks out would certainly imply what his motivations are.
I have taken the Oath of the Drake for Group RPs.
My Ons & Offs (Updated 6/3/2022) and Ideas are here.

The Peak Elliquiy Experience™:
Quote from: roulette on March 15, 2014, 06:59:18 PM"What? Ewww... Well, maybe... actually." -adds to own O&Os-

Elias

I will put a cap on skills if it becomes a problem. As for how many points he has he will have about 70 points, now whether he makes it to a 100 is a different question entirely.

Sophia is approved. I will have a place for approved sheets up soon. :D

wander

Character sheet

username:
wander

Character Name: Jake Gungdungi

physical description: Half Korean, short at 5'6 and slouches to look smaller. Pigeon chested. Relatively dexterous though not very strong. Has skinny arms. Usually wears otaku t-shirts and jeans. Appears in The Room topless and with defibrillator pads stuck on his chest.

Skills: Stealthy, Keen scifi fan, expert at called shots in video games.

Flaws: Pacifistic, Anxious-Depressive, Slacker, Hard pressed to fit in with others, hidden dark streak.

Personality:
Jake is a senior in University and is a bundle of all kinds of things, he is diagnosed with depression and would like nothing better than to sleep in than interact with the world, his work has been suffering recently. He likes individuals but dislikes people as a whole, though is fairly loyal when he finds someone he can get close to. He doesn't look it, though he is quite the dominant if given a chance.

wander

Quote from: Elias on May 17, 2015, 04:36:37 PM
I will put a cap on skills if it becomes a problem. As for how many points he has he will have about 70 points, now whether he makes it to a 100 is a different question entirely.

Sophia is approved. I will have a place for approved sheets up soon. :D

Yeah, him having a total like that seems legit after 4 rounds given how the manga escalation of the game goes *nods agreement* I'd have placed him at 65-70. :)

I thought the cap was on skills at three different ones, I tried to get my character to have a bit of a variety, given that the mentor himself only has 'Survived 4 rounds' as a skill that can be linked to combat efficiency. :)

Elias

Yup he has no experiance outside the game, hes just been lucky and learned things along the way.

Vercile

I made my character a bit of a bad ass cause I expect to die, and I wanted an awesome death!

Elias

LOL, a good attitude to be sure!

Jakes approved.

Vercile

eah well, with that asian hotness in game, who'd wanna die V_V

wander

I've got a few ideas in my brain for other characters, I'm thankful the bio is so slim and quick to do. I'll see how Jake fairs, what I like and dislike and if and when I need a new character, I can put those discoveries into my other ideas... Kinda adapting my playstyle as I go. :)

Deamonbane

username: Deamonbane
Character Name: Yuda Wais
Physical Description: Hard and lean, standing barely above five feet five inches. Easy to underestimate, with a baby face and an unassuming aura about him. Usually dresses in baggy clothes and a hoodie covering his face. Black hair, dark brown eyes, scores of scars and faded prison tattoos
Skills: Unmatched Melee fighter, Short Ranged Gunfights, Quick Runner
Flaws: Extremely Miopic, Manic-depressive, Daredevil and just downright crazy.
Personality: There's nothing sadder than a beast in a cage. Unless you release that beast. Incredibly unpredictable, violent and hard to stop besides, he lapses between being moody, silent and withdrawn to a violent animal, unleashing pent-up rage with screams of boundless hatred.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Elias

Approved, from this point on though no more "criminal" types we are looking for that air of normalcy and too many trained killers will make this seem less gantz and more mortal combat.

Deamonbane

I had a lawyer-like character that I can put in first, if you would prefer? Only bring in this guy later.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."