One on Ones wanted

Started by TonyWoods, November 02, 2006, 04:39:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyWoods

I'm feeling in a quite rare creative mood today, and so thought I'd list a couple of ideas that I have for One on One games in the hope that it might perk the interests of someone, anyone to come play with me *grins*

As always, these are only ideas - if one of them grabs you as interesting, I'd be only too happy to discuss it further and change certain aspects of it if you drop me a PM. All games are written with myself as the male character, and so would require a female character to play with (and sorry in advance, but I've never really enjoyed playing with men playing female characters - so I'll be looking for female writing partners only).

And so, without further ado, on with the ideas!

Wandering the planes (Taken by Nalla)

Genre : Fantasy

Summary : Either by accident or with intent, a woman finds her way through an extradimentional portal - finding herself within a ramshackle city at the centre of the universe known as 'The Nexus' to its many and varied inhabitants. Meeting up with one of the 'locals', he promises that he will help her find her way back home but only after he has shown her all the planes have to offer - if she can see the many beauties, and withstand the many temptations and still want to return home, then so be it. But does he really have any intention of keeping that promise?

Details : I love the idea of the D&D Planescape setting, but I absolutely hate role-playing in established settings for a multitude of reasons (mostly because I feel confined by the 'cannon' material that has already been written, and really don't like getting to the point where I get into arguments with people because 'it's well documented that a magic missile isn't cast in that way', or 'there is no such plane of existence as the one you've just mentioned' and so on...). So this is my spin on it (and by 'spin' I mean equal parts total renamed rip off and equal parts 'new').

Sins of the ancestors (Taken by Ixy)

Genre : Fantasy

Summary : Magical talent has always come easy to the females of a certain young woman's family, helping them rise through the ranks of the cities social elite and forge a considerable position of power for themselves. This magical talent was a purchased resource though - brokered with a demon of quite considerable power in return for the soul of every 13th born female within the family line. The current 13th born has just come of age, and the demon now wants his tribute.

Details : The demon doesn't just want to take the females soul, he wants it given willingly. With that in mind, he will try to seduce and corrupt her - just like he did with her other ancestors, with samples of the power that she could wield over others as well as more base pleasures of the flesh. Despite his willingness to seduce and corrupt her, he is a demon and is prone to a hair trigger temper at time - this can lead to moments of a more forceful nature too (but as with everything, this is open to discussion).

Some things should not be disturbed (Taken by GoblinMoon)

Genre : Contemporary Supernatural

Summary : The people of the township of County Antrim in Ireland, have lobbied for years against the proposed redevelopment of the forests surrounding the town in preparation for the extension of a new cross country road. After numerous court appeals, they have finally failed and the bulldozing has begun. And so have the accidents. It seems that the fairytales of the villagers might not have been so far from the truth at all - perhaps something ancient and powerful does inhabit the woodlands, and perhaps the destructiveness of mankind has awoken that evil with a vengeance.

Details : The forests that surround the township are actually home to a very ancient elemental spirit, and a host of woodland spirits that dwell within the until now untouched lands. The encroachment of mankind has awakened the spirits with a furious vengeance, leaving the fate of all of those within the area hanging in the balance. Will anyone from the village have the strength of will to attempt to placate the angry spirits - to pass the trials they will no doubt place before them, and venture into the very belly of the beast to parlay with the elemental force there?

Note - I like a healthy mixture of role-playing and sex within my games, and so would expect all of the above to contain both in abundance. I'm not a literary genius, but I do expect a good amount to read and work with from my partners posts in order that I can make my own posts as good as possible.

If you are still reading by this point, have a cookie

*offers out metaphysical cookies*
Tony's Turn Ons - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7198.0

We are such stuff
As dreams are made of, and our little life
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

Pecan please........*smiles*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Goblinmoon

All good ideas!  I kind of like the Ireland one but the others sound like a good challenge too.  I've been hesitating on doing a one on one for a while, but this is tempting!

TonyWoods

Why thank you - glad you like them. If you'd like to discuss any of them further, feel free to drop me a PM *grins*

Oh, and Elvi - here is your cookie my dear *hands you a Pecan cookie the size of a plate*

While I'm at it, I had another idea for a one on one, and thought I'd post it up here to see if it creates any interest.

Note to anyone reading - if you see an idea you like, but don't particularly want to play it with myself, then feel free to use it and adapt it for your own use!

Enter (the) Sandman (Taken by Cherri Tart)

Genre: Contemporary Supernatural

Summary : Sandmen, the bringers of dreams and nightmares, weavers of the beautiful and deadly of dreamscapes. But what happens when a Sandman looses control of his own creation – wrested away from him by powerful yet fragmented mind only to find himself trapped within that dreamscape along with the other fragments of mentally unbalanced females mind? This Sandman is about to find out – the hard way.

Details :The Sandman in question visits the mind of a rather powerful female physic and attempts to weave a dreamscape for the personality he finds present there. However, many years of dealing with her physic gift without training have led to the poor girl developing several split personalities as a way of dealing with her ‘gift’ – and not all of them are nice, not by a long shot. While weaving a dreamscape for one personality, he finds that the others begin to combat his attempts – disrupting the process and dragging him into the very dreamscape he created, wresting control of it away from him. The Sandman must now find a way to combat the multiple personalities as he travels through the wildly changing dreamscape, hoping to reunite the fragments of her personality in order to give her the strength to help him leave her mind – and perhaps heal her in the mean time.

With multiple personalities on the females part it might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it will be a challenge – and the very nature of dreams gives free reign to imagination to take this wherever we wish.

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO........cookies..........*munches*

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO............Sandman.......

Nalla

I'll take Wandering the Planes if you don't have one yet.

TonyWoods

Adding a couple more to the list - give me a PM if you are interested!

Alt+F4 = Escape from Digital Hell (Taken by SpirituallyAddicted)

Genre: Modern day sci-fi/fantasy

Summary: Hell has always been something of a place seeped in traditions, following the same tried and tested methods of temptation and corruption when it came to stealing the souls of the innocent. Very little has changed in the way its operatives work despite the onset of technology in the world around them, something that they have occasionally dabbled in but never really got to grips with – until now that is.

Temptation and Damnation is the latest MMO craze to sweep the globe – offering players the chance to play in a fantasy world where their character has the chance to fulfil their every fantasy whilst staying one step ahead of the demons that want their souls. Only this isn’t a game – this is for real.

Now people are going missing left right and centre, with the only common link being that they are all players of the same game. With no evidence trail to follow, no-one would dare to suggest that they have been sucked into the very game they were playing – exactly what those who created it were hoping for…

Details: The premise is open enough for a variety of different was to do this – two people both lost in the game together, banding up in an effort to escape; or perhaps a friend or loved one disappearing, leaving one or two others to put the pieces together as to what happened, before eventually following them into the abyss…

Away with the Goblins

Genre: Modern day fantasy

Summary: Everyone in the Lawson household remembers the nightmares of little Michelle Lawson when she was a child – night terrors that would result in her screaming the house down while gibbering madly about the goblins that lived under her bed. Father would always manage to calm her down of course – the obligatory search underneath the old bed revealing nothing of the sort living there, as if anyone apart from Michelle expected any different. As she got older the nightmares lessened, and in time they become nothing but a little family joke that would cause Michelle to blush and change the subject as quickly as possible.

The years passed, Michelle grew, and the Lawson family became fragmented as the other children matured and left the family home behind – all but Michelle, who as the youngest was only just starting university and living at home as a result. Life continued as normal until one snowy midwinter’s day when the Lawson parents returned home from a shopping trip to find no trace of young Michelle within the house. As a courteous and conscientious girl, her parents were naturally worried to find no note explaining where she had gone, nor at not receiving any phone calls from her to explain herself.

Naturally worry turned to panic – the sight of the long fingernail like tears on the carpet leading in a semi bloody trail underneath the bed doing little to reassure them.

Details: Watching the movie Labyrinth whilst rather drunk was always likely to produce rather strange dreams afterwards, and this is the result (although thankfully in my dream there wasn’t any David Bowie – I don’t think I could have handled that. Or called it anything other than a nightmare as a result…). Again the premise is open enough for different characters to be played – perhaps a pair of Michelle’s siblings refusing to discount Michelle’s childhood tales of the Goblins find those memories reawakened at the disappearance and the claw marks leading under the bed. Perhaps a pair of local cops or detectives find there is more to this tale than being another simple run of the mill abduction. Maybe Father decides that nothing will keep him from saving his little girl – even if it does mean confronting the creatures he always pretended never to see… Or perhaps we can come up with something else!

You’ll learn more than just magic here…

Genre: Fantasy

Summary: Netherwryd Academy for Witches and Wizards says the bright bronze plaque, the statue whose plinth it rests upon gesturing grandly in the direction of the Academy grounds some short way behind it – the bizarre mixture of different architecture evident even from this distance as crystalline towers sparkle in the early morning sunlight while ramshackle gothic ramparts rest uneasily beside them. Netherwryd is well known as being home to, and having produced, some of the brightest and brilliant magical minds. As well as some of the most warped, perverted and twisted – those seeming to go hand in hand with both the students and teachers at the fabled Academy. It is well known that the students here are as rowdy, if not more so, than students that can be found anywhere else – the metropolitan collection of different races present within the Academy giving it a rich tapestry of cultures and kinks to draw upon.

Details: Sex and magic – the perfect mixture. Think of it as an adult Harry Potter if you will (except with students of a legal age!) and you wouldn’t be far of the mark – I’ve just never liked playing using someone else’s world, nor playing around with existing characters. There is less of a story in place for this one than the others – like I said, I’ve just always liked the thought of something like this, and don’t have anywhere in mind to take it story wise at the moment. That said, I’m sure I could come up with something in tandem with anyone who likes the idea!

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

Away with the Goblins

What?...... NO DAVID BOWIE?.......BUT..........but........who would be the Goblin King?

(As an asside, I used to have my hair exactly like his in the film.....they stole the style off me and I didn't get a penny for it....*huffs*)

TonyWoods

I still have nightmares about him in those awfully tight trousers - that alone should have made that movie 18 rated...

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

Hmmmmmm...........yes......I have dreams about those tight trousers too......

TheAlchemist

Forget David Bowie, it's Jennifer Connelly I dream about <drools> She is so amazing in my eyes.

TonyWoods

Ah, a man with exquisite taste!

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

Oh bugger off the two of you.......she was such a girly......

Mind you.....what does she look like now I wonder?

*wanders off to google*

Elvi

Oh thats better, just like all of us.....a harrassed mum!

TonyWoods

Ah well I didn't know she'd been seeded - even better.

Milf!

*grins*

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

To be fare I have been trying to find a decent, recent pic of her.......She hasn't been kind to herself.......the skinny years were just......well......

TonyWoods

Yes, she was in desperate need of feeding up - just like poor Keira Knightley is now...

She needs to visit me - I'd soon fatten her up. Semen shake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner... *grins*

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

TonyWoods

Another couple of ideas - again, as with the others, if they pique your interest feel free to give me a shout!

Soul Music (Taken by Brittlby)

Genre: Modern Day fantasy

Summary: What if a famous musician’s musical talent came from an unholy pact of the highest order? And what if the musician attempted to cheat their way out of that pact by binding their soul to something of value to them – perhaps, for arguments sake, their guitar, before their untimely death? What if then another came upon that guitar?

Would the dormant soul attempt to take over the poor unfortunate who claimed the guitar as their own?  And if it did, would someone come looking for that poor unfortunate in order to extract recompense for a pact long since broken?

Little people need little chains…

Genre: Fantasy (with pirates… yeah, I know Pirate isn’t a genre, but it should be!)

Summary: Upon the shattered world of Alarnith the Sky Pirate clans are feared above all else – their huge airships dominating the sky between the floating islands that remain, enforcing their strict ‘laws’ and taking frequent tributes from those who they consider little more than slave stock. Battles between the rival clans are fierce and often, with islands frequently changing ownership several times over the course of the average person’s life time – each owner usually more cruel than the last.

For centuries there has been talk of a hidden island inhabited solely by fae creatures living a peaceful existence free from the iron grip of the various Sky Pirate clans – for most nothing but a fairytale told to children, a fabled place that they might hope to run away to one day to escape the wrath of the Sky Pirate clans.

But not all view the story as a fairytale – Sky Pirates often send scouts out from the heart cluster, out into the swirling outer maelstrom of smaller island and floating debris.

And it’s only a matter of time before the island is found…

Details: This was an idea I shared with a roleplaying partner upon this site quite a while ago, that I have expanded in the mean time on my own (adding the change of environment, but keeping much of the underlying concept the same). While it was originally intended to be a multiplayer game, with various Sky Pirates and their clans invading the fairy island in an attempt to claim it for their own, and the fae doing their best to fight off the invaders, I think I’d rather scale it down to a small one on one game.

In this format, the game could take many shapes – perhaps the voyage of one of the Sky Pirates scouting airships in search of the island, or focusing more upon the island itself and the infighting between the Sky Pirates as they battle for land.

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Brittlby

It's an old post, but did you ever find a partner for that "Enter Sandman" concept? I know we've both got full dockets right now, but wouldn't mind lining that up when we both have an opening. *laugh*
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

TonyWoods

I did indeed - I just forgot to update it as being taken!

Cherri is my partner for the game, you can find it here - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9187.0 - if you want to have a read of it.

Just don't mention it to Elvi, as it seems I messed up and she called it some time ago but we (or more to the point I) didn't act on it... I think I'm still in the dog house with her over that one... *eyes the board, ready to run at a moments notice*

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Brittlby

Oh well. Just getting greedy. n_n *laugh*
Nitpicking naysayers barking like beagles, through the tall grass of poisonous tongues
Slide down your throat like an antidote you can quote...

O/O

Elvi

*loads crossbow and grins evily as she takes aim*

TonyWoods

Damn it, shes found me!

*runs for the hills*

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep

Elvi

MWUHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA.............

TonyWoods

A couple more ideas to throw onto the fire/into the ring (or perhaps into… err… the ring of fire?) seeing as I seem to be at quite a loss for games at the moment and I’m getting the itch to write a little more often once more. A link to my likes and dislikes can be found within my signature, so if any of these (or Away with the Goblins, You’ll learn more than just magic here…, or Little people need little chains… listed in the post(s) above) take your fancy, then drop me a PM!

Thank you for your time!

Salvageable goods

Genre: Sci-fi

Summary: Piracy is rife on the Frontier, and traders are well advised to make certain that their convoys are well protected when attempting runs through the more lawless stretches of space between the various space stations and colonies that rely on their trade. Now and then however there is always one trader greedy or desperate enough to attempt the run without adequate protection – if they are lucky they are only captured, looted and sold into slavery for their troubles.

And so starts this tale – a bounty hunter finding his way across the battered remains of one such trader ship, eager to see if the vultures have left anything for him to salvage, only to find that there is one very faint female life sign still on board. What will happen to the unfortunate from this point on, why she was left alone aboard the ship, where her family have been taken to, and why it seems that the vessel was deliberately targeted for the attack are only some of the questions to be answered!

A lesson in the less ordinary

Genre: Fantasy

Summary: A Baron is determined to increase the fame and fortune of his family by having his eldest daughter schooled in the ways of magic, determined to throw off the taunts and sneers of the other wealthy families of the region who all count a magic user amongst their number. Alas within the City of Arche it seems that the wizards have each met their quota for apprentices, and no amount of promises of wealth, power, or threats are able to move them from their stance. Maddened at this, he sends his daughter to the only wizard left within the lands that might take her as his apprentice – the Archmage Kos, once revered but now feared for his reputation of dealing with quite unsavoury creatures from the realms about and beyond. Whether he will accept her is anybodies guess, but the Baron has made it quite clear that she need not come home until she has mastered enough magic to elevate her family in the ranks of the cities elite…

We are such stuff
Is rounded with a sleep