News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Hogwarts A Future

Started by Kendra, January 03, 2012, 12:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendra

Quote from: Kokaine on January 08, 2012, 02:15:42 PM
Question regarding brooms and quidditch! First years in the novels weren't allowed to own brooms and typically weren't chosen for house teams (though exceptions could be made), will that be the case here or will that be different due to the ages of the characters? (sorry if this is mentioned in the wiki and I missed it somehow)

Wizarding children are usually given play brooms as kids if there's an interest there, they're simply toy broooms that hover about 2 feet off the ground or so. I'd well imagine that any one with interest would of course learn at home if they so chose to. There will be flying lessons at the school for those who haven't ventured that far yet and of course there will be quidditch training to up flying skills as well.

I have a ton of brooms to get up to the wiki yet so don't worry, you'll have a vast array to choose from that you can purchase with your other school supplies if you don't already own a broom. First years in the books were only eleven but as our first years are all sixteen it is safe to presume you've all got flying experience.

In relation to traveling - those students in University freshman year would also have taken their apparation test so it is up to you if you want your student to have passed or failed it but please remember those who can - cannot apparate in or around the school grounds.

Quote from: Dancing flower on January 08, 2012, 02:59:44 PM
I have a question (sorry if it's in the wiki), but will the school still have house ghosts?

there are three school teachers who are ghost but we also have the 4 House ghosts and many others milling about the school still. There is also Peeves the poltergeist ;)

Quote from: Haibane on January 08, 2012, 02:03:08 PM
This is true, the first couple of weeks at Hogwarts will be pretty crazy with all that going on. New wands+loads of theory on the subject+allowed to do magic in school for the first time=mayhem!
EXACTLY!!
total chaos - fun - anarchy - the professors ultimate nightmare but all brilliant rp opportunities ;)

Aiden

Kendra!

Good to see you!

-Gives her the workload and goes out for a beer!-  XD

Kokaine

Quote from: Kendra on January 08, 2012, 05:34:24 PM
Wizarding children are usually given play brooms as kids if there's an interest there, they're simply toy broooms that hover about 2 feet off the ground or so. I'd well imagine that any one with interest would of course learn at home if they so chose to. There will be flying lessons at the school for those who haven't ventured that far yet and of course there will be quidditch training to up flying skills as well.

I have a ton of brooms to get up to the wiki yet so don't worry, you'll have a vast array to choose from that you can purchase with your other school supplies if you don't already own a broom. First years in the books were only eleven but as our first years are all sixteen it is safe to presume you've all got flying experience.

Awesome! Ollie is a quidditch nut and can't wait to get a broom of his own. He's likely to be a bit of a daredevil and a show off in regards to flying. Its probably one of the few magic related things that comes naturally to him, lol.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Haibane

Quote from: bdgb on January 08, 2012, 05:20:52 PM
*Pokes you...*

So...uh...when written, do I post my character concept here for approval, or PM them?  Or do I sit on it altogether until they get back to me with the results of my House Quiz?

I plan on going second year.
Welcome bdgb!

A GM will correct me if I'm wrong but 2nd years and older can choose their house, its just the incoming new 1st years who will go through the sorting ceremony.

You should still do the wand test (2nd post on page 1) and there's other thread links to the OOC and the Relationships Thread in the 3rd post.

Kendra

Quote from: Aiden on January 08, 2012, 05:38:56 PM
Kendra!

Good to see you!

-Gives her the workload and goes out for a beer!-  XD

oh no you don't!! Don't you dare leave me here with this bunch of nutters  XD
you know I can apparate faster than you :P

@ Kokaine -- ;) exactly and there are plenty of quidditch nuts and those who plan to try out for their House teams so flying would definitely be a must have skill there  :-)
Quote from: Haibane on January 08, 2012, 05:53:27 PM
Welcome bdgb!

A GM will correct me if I'm wrong but 2nd years and older can choose their house, its just the incoming new 1st years who will go through the sorting ceremony.

You should still do the wand test (2nd post on page 1) and there's other thread links to the OOC and the Relationships Thread in the 3rd post.

Actually every one MUST do the sorting quiz and we tell those who are second years and up what they've been sorted in to. No one just gets to decide. So make sure you take the quiz bdgb and thanks for the interest  ;)

Kendra

We also have a brilliant ooc area people - use it for the chatting and keep this for those interested in joining and for all of you to ask relevant questions ;)

Example of a Not So Relevant question ...    ::)
Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on January 07, 2012, 11:34:06 PM
Also, did anyone else notice that the road from the castle to the front gate looks like a penis in the grounds drawing?
EDIT: Apologies if this was already brought up.

Praxis

Quote from: Kendra on January 08, 2012, 05:55:01 PM
Actually every one MUST do the sorting quiz and we tell those who are second years and up what they've been sorted in to. No one just gets to decide. So make sure you take the quiz bdgb and thanks for the interest  ;)

Did it.  :)

Check yer box, ma'am.

I'll wait on that before deciding what direction I'm taking my fella in.

Man...finding pics of dude-boys on the internet is an unpleasant process.  is there an app on itunes or something I can use to find me a pic?

Kendra

the sorting will take time ;)
literally not a few minutes deal at all  :-)

so you will have to be patient with us and as I have not been on since early yesterday morning (my time) I have tons of pm's that I'm currently trying to get through. Many of which might not get done until the morning >.<

Needless to say, it will get done but we do stress being  patient  ;)

Saerrael

Questions.

1. Could we have all links in the first post of the OOC thread, too? It would make them easier to find back.

2. Also, I think I've seen an official name for the junior academy, but of course can't recall it now. Could it be added to the Wiki?
Unless it's just 'Junior Academy' :P

The Golden Touch

At the time when Sin posted that, neither of us knew there was an OOC.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Kendra

Quote from: Saerra on January 08, 2012, 06:14:23 PM
Questions.

1. Could we have all links in the first post of the OOC thread, too? It would make them easier to find back.

2. Also, I think I've seen an official name for the junior academy, but of course can't recall it now. Could it be added to the Wiki?
Unless it's just 'Junior Academy' :P

Absolutely, will post them up there as soon as I can ;)

the Junior Wizarding Academy - we did have it on the Game Outline wiki page and something different in the Ministry of Magic page but have rectified that ;)

Quote from: The Golden Touch on January 08, 2012, 06:15:31 PM
At the time when Sin posted that, neither of us knew there was an OOC.

no worries hun

the links for the ooc and the relationship thread are on the very first post with the sorting quiz  ;)

Praxis

Quote from: Kendra on January 08, 2012, 06:10:48 PM
the sorting will take time ;)
literally not a few minutes deal at all  :-)

so you will have to be patient with us and as I have not been on since early yesterday morning (my time) I have tons of pm's that I'm currently trying to get through. Many of which might not get done until the morning >.<

Needless to say, it will get done but we do stress being  patient  ;)

Not a problem.  You must be completely overwhelmed.  This is well worth the wait. :)

Saerrael

Quote from: Kendra on January 08, 2012, 06:29:26 PM
Absolutely, will post them up there as soon as I can ;)

the Junior Wizarding Academy - we did have it on the Game Outline wiki page and something different in the Ministry of Magic page but have rectified that ;)

Lovely! I do tend to click around a lot, so that helps tons.

Thank you. I got confused and couldn't find the post back in the forest of posts in here and the OOC thread *coughs*

Kendra

Quote from: bdgb on January 08, 2012, 06:36:34 PM
Not a problem.  You must be completely overwhelmed.  This is well worth the wait. :)

Totally overwhelmed  ;D but we thrived on madness and we've got one helluva GM team  XD
not sure who you were talking to but they lied to you ... totally not worth the wait, all hype  >:)

Quote from: Saerra on January 08, 2012, 06:38:06 PM
Lovely! I do tend to click around a lot, so that helps tons.

Thank you. I got confused and couldn't find the post back in the forest of posts in here and the OOC thread *coughs*

all taken care of now ;)
*bangs Saerra's back* that's a nasty cough you got there  :P
*hugs*

Praxis

Quote from: Kendra on January 08, 2012, 06:44:19 PM
not sure who you were talking to but they lied to you ... totally not worth the wait, all hype  >:)

Well...shit.  I didn't keep my receipt either...  : /

Saerrael

*grins and hugs Kendra*

Quote from: bdgb on January 08, 2012, 06:45:23 PM
Well...shit.  I didn't keep my receipt either...  : /

Give it some time. There are a lot of players to this game and the GMs have overflowing Inboxes.

Praxis

Quote from: Saerra on January 08, 2012, 06:49:51 PM
*grins and hugs Kendra*

Give it some time. There are a lot of players to this game and the GMs have overflowing Inboxes.

No no...I'm cool.  I was just being a smart ass and failing at it.  :)

I need time anyway to come up with a character that can keep up with everyone else's characters...wow.  The detail you guys have put in.

: .

: o

: O

CurvyKitten

No worries, I honestly took like all night on mine. And will probably grew and adjust her as I get a feel for her. I just had a solid idea of where I wanted to start. And Aiden and Kendra are doing a great job of helping people and doing all this stuff to have custom items and fun picking a house. It really helps inspire and see where you want your character to go. Hence the CS are so extensive, and we even have a relationship thread to establish BG ties to help build the story. But take your time like I said my actual right up took all night and I'm still tweaking and working out BG ties.

Welcome to the game though!

Trieste

Quote from: bdgb on January 08, 2012, 06:51:41 PM
No no...I'm cool.  I was just being a smart ass and failing at it.  :)

I need time anyway to come up with a character that can keep up with everyone else's characters...wow.  The detail you guys have put in.

: .

: o

: O

I came late to the game and I've already been working for days on mine. There are some people here that have been working for ... a week? Two weeks? Quite a while. Remember that you can always keep adding detail as your character grows and progresses. :)

bubby

*Flounces through in her non-Hogwarts carefree-ness, snuggling all the lovelies along the way!*

Aiden

Bubby is a Wizard groupie.  :P

CurvyKitten

Question: Due to her brother having gone to the school for a while now is it ok to assume Mina can get some of her stuff as hand me downs? Well not the robes, but maybe some of her books and the cauldron?

Michael Corvus

QUESTION(s): Since I won't be able to start with the rest of the players, I changed from a first year to a second year. Will I still get an owl? What about sorting, which is one of the main reasons I decided to go up a year, so as not to mess up the flow of the sorting process. It would kinda suck to have all the first years, save for Maddy, be sorted... unless there's a way he can be sorted individually when he's able to come to Hogwarts. See, his mom's real sick and had to leave her job while she recovers in the hospital. Maddy's taken it on himself to find a muggle job and stay home to look after his mom and the family home, so the bankers don't come and take for failure to pay dues.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Kendra

Quote from: CurvyKitten on January 09, 2012, 05:42:27 AM
Question: Due to her brother having gone to the school for a while now is it ok to assume Mina can get some of her stuff as hand me downs? Well not the robes, but maybe some of her books and the cauldron?
absolutely - not every wizarding family is loaded after all and many do need to use hand me downs and second hand stuff.
This is why there are also second hand stores to shop in for school uniforms and robes ;)
But by all means have second hand books from her brother - if the cauldron is in good shape then good to go with that too, though by Freshman year it would be adviseable to get a new one ;)

Quote from: Michael Corvus on January 09, 2012, 06:35:18 AM
QUESTION(s): Since I won't be able to start with the rest of the players, I changed from a first year to a second year. Will I still get an owl? What about sorting, which is one of the main reasons I decided to go up a year, so as not to mess up the flow of the sorting process. It would kinda suck to have all the first years, save for Maddy, be sorted... unless there's a way he can be sorted individually when he's able to come to Hogwarts. See, his mom's real sick and had to leave her job while she recovers in the hospital. Maddy's taken it on himself to find a muggle job and stay home to look after his mom and the family home, so the bankers don't come and take for failure to pay dues.

We were waiting until your character sheet was finished and you yourself were ready to start the game.
Your owl will definitely get to you and it's totally up to you how you wish to go regarding sorting. We're honestly fine to accommodate you either way. We can sort you with the others and as Aiden said, when you do start playing you can step up then as if you were simply in the background all along. Players will help out with history and friendships or rivalries for the time you have missed ;)

Michael Corvus

Quote from: Kendra on January 09, 2012, 06:44:25 AM
We were waiting until your character sheet was finished and you yourself were ready to start the game.
Your owl will definitely get to you and it's totally up to you how you wish to go regarding sorting. We're honestly fine to accommodate you either way. We can sort you with the others and as Aiden said, when you do start playing you can step up then as if you were simply in the background all along. Players will help out with history and friendships or rivalries for the time you have missed ;)

Okay, so just so I understand correctly, if I choose to play a first year, my options for sorting are A.) Play the sorting scene with everyone else when it's being played out IC, which I probably won't be able to do cause I won't be around when that takes place, or B.) when I AM able to return and start playing.. wait.. wait... it just clicked in my brain what you mean... I think. So, you and Aiden and sort me along with all of the others (I just won't be here to react to it IC) and when I do return, I can just write it like I was here all along. Is that right?
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*