Favourite Beer (or other alchoholic beverage of choice)

Started by paraplu, January 22, 2011, 01:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anesa

Talking about sucking suds all day in the forums has me wanting a cold one so bad I can't hardly stand it! 

Braioch

Wine: Lambrusco (cheap as shit but god it's a delicious red wine)
Beer: Blue Moon, the Winter Ale
Liquor: Tequila, lime and salt babeh
Cocktail: Raspberry Smirnoff and Tonic
Light Drink: Chocolate Martini (well it's light to me :P) Gotta use cream, good vodka and Godiva Dark Chocolate Liquor
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Nico

Absolut Vodka, Absolut raspberry, Eristoff Gold or Black, Kilkenny, Guinness, Corona, Good ole Bud, Chianti, Barolo (Italian red wine), Sauvignon blanc.

Lilias

I'm a wine person. Usually red, and at least medium sweet. Most of my favourites you've never heard of, because they come from little Greek wineries that don't export - mavrodafni and Cypriot commandaria excepted. I don't go for whites, apart from cava (I've never had real champagne) and cider, which in my book is wine, so there.

I don't like beer of any kind, sacrilegious as it may seem to many. If I go for hard liquor, I'll usually plumb for Bailey's or Drambuie on the rocks, or the very occasional strawberry margarita... or a thimbleful of sherry, if I'm at my mother-in-law's ;D
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

Out of curiosity, do you have an opinion on ouzo?  I found out too late that my grandfather had a taste for it, and from the little I've heard, I've considered trying it myself.  (That and absinthe reportedly have a strong licorice flavor, which is a plus in my books.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Lilias

Ouzo is actually flavoured with aniseed. The difference from liquorice is subtle, but detectable. At its best, ouzo should be served with ice-cold water to dilute to taste (as it is a quintessentially summer drink, adding ice as well is not overkill, it just keeps it cold). If you like liquorice, you'll probably like this, too.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Oniya

*nods*  Most 'licorice' candy in the U.S. is actually anise flavored, but I've also sampled the real thing, since some of the Ren faires and historical reenactment sites stock actual liquorice root.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Lilias

That's why I mentioned the difference. Those whose liquorice experience is limited to the candy would find ouzo virtually identical.

For the full experience, serve with a small platter of bite-sized salty and savoury tidbits. Beer nuts just don't cut it.
~Wendell Berry

TheLovelyMaid

I tried a microbrew for the first time last week. I believe it was called a blonde IPA...I'll add it to my preference list.

:D

undisclosedtoyou

When it comes to Beer, I usually stick with something heavy and full in flavor, but that being said, my favorite is actually a pale ale that goes by the name of Fat Tire.  It has a clean, sweet, and smooth taste to it, without the sourness I've found in a lot of pale ale's.

But I do have to admit that I prefer Red wine over beer any day.  And my favorite so far is any kind of Pinot Noir or a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon; I'm not too picky about labels here.  I do like Kosher Blackberry wine, but I generally prefer my wine to be dry and only slightly sweet.

Now for Cocktails, I enjoy anything Rum based, but I generally go for any cocktail that has O.J mixed into it.  I've learned to be wary of anything too sweet though.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Will

Fat Tire is delicious, I agree one hundred percent!  It was one of the first beers to give me a taste for non-macrobrews.

* Will ^5's undisclosedtoyou.

I've been on a Belgian kick lately, though.  Maredsous Abbey makes a nice Tripel.  At 10% alcohol, though, it's hard for me to NOT like it. >.>
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

undisclosedtoyou

Oh, I love meeting another Fat Tire fan, people usually love it or hate it in my opinion, although I don't understand how anyone can dislike it. 

*Reciprocates Wills ^5!

I should also mention that I love hard cider to, although I can't remember what brand I like the most.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

bandit

Ouzo's not bad, but I do prefer Absinthe to it. I think that Absinthe is a tad more complex and thus a bit more interesting. Also a summer drink really...especially the swiss blanc's.
the smiling bandit strikes again! haHahA

Read the deeper side of bandit here! Or just his o/o's here.

This hardcore ghetto gangster image takes a lot of practice.

Haruki

Favorite brews heh?

I'll leave macrobrews out of this one, even though my social time on Friday eves and Sunday afternoons is spent mostly with a cold High Life (Miller) in hand.

I do like my regional and micros though.   Several of note:
-- Anything Leinenkugels puts out only during certain times of the year.  In example, the summers have Summer Shandy, a delicious brew with a touch of lemonaide-flavored goodness.
-- Point Beer (They're out of Stevens Point WI and only sold regionally, mainly WI for obvious reasons) makes a good hearty regular brew, and their Double Barrel brew is quite fulfilling (as such though, I don't drink too much of it).
-- New Glarus' Breweries has this thing called 'Spotted Cow', one of the best pale-ales I've had out of a microbrewery.  VERY limited distribution..mostly just to my homestate.

I drink a few 'imports' as well.  The obligatory Corona with that hint of line washes away the heat of summer for me.  I'll take down most manner of Labatt or Molson from my Northerly neighbors.  I have a little trouble with the hard likes of stouts and darker brews from Europe though.  Maybe another time, fellow European folk.

On the harder side, I don't do too much there.  The stomach can't take down the hard liquors as well.  I'll always do simple shots...Pucker, Cherry Dr., and (if I'm needing that energy boost) the Jagerbomb.

I was a bit more experimental when my sister used to tend bar (she knew what I may like and what I may not).  I would sometimes go off my beaten-path, but no more.  Captain and Coke is EVIL to me....there goes my taste for rum.

Would love to try Fat Tire and Sam Adams sometime.  Still looking for a hole that serves up those brews.  (My usual hole used to serve Sam Adams, but stopped a few months back.....didn't sell so well for them I guess).
Always Seeking New Players!!
Want to write with me?  Please see the following below:
=====
My Introduction
O/Os & Lists -- Thread | Profile | Character Profiles | Canon Cravings
Request Threads - Haru's Canon Fodder (Anime, RPGs, etc) | Haru's Wholesome Needs
=====
Eep!! Who's Yanking Me Away by the Ponytail?! (A&As)

SinClaire

Beer's really not my thing, but my parents have insisted enough for me to try a few during the past year. So far, the verdict is: I like Michelob, pretty much in any presentation but Amberbock is my favourite, so to speak.

That said, I prefer red wine. Chilled, preferrably. And mint Bailey's XD

N2O

Quote from: Braioch on March 20, 2011, 03:38:40 PM
Wine: Lambrusco (cheap as shit but god it's a delicious red wine)
Beer: Blue Moon, the Winter Ale
Liquor: Tequila, lime and salt babeh
Cocktail: Raspberry Smirnoff and Tonic
Light Drink: Chocolate Martini (well it's light to me :P) Gotta use cream, good vodka and Godiva Dark Chocolate Liquor

Here! Here! Preach it Braioch, I'd certainly drink to that holds up glass

bandit

Just tried this Greek wine(?) last night that had almost a pine kind of flavor to it...almost gin like in it's flavor. It was really impressive in a different kind of way. Not sure that I'd want it all the time but it was a nice change of pace. I can't remember what it was called but when I get that info I'll post it up here. Good stuff that I'd suggest others try.

Erani589

RUM...! ^-^ Nuff said huge fan of the stuff and it doesn't matter to me what type though if I'm buying I tend toward Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum

Can't stand Wine mostly but every now and then I find a good bottle of red wine...(I really should start writing those down.)

Beer...not a big fan, it messes me up way easier than any hard drinks I have, but I have to say Ska Pinstripe beer is probably one of my favorites, that or Monty Python's Holy Grail Ale

I just recently started drinking so I don't know a lot of other mixed drinks but I do recall one night when I had a shot called a....Slippery nipple?(not sure on the name...) that I loved

Also a big fan of hard cider doesn't matter the type.

SinfulAngel

Im not much of a beer drinker. Or I am not yet a beer drinker as i've yet to find one I like.

I'd have to say my favorite drink is an Alabama Slamber AND/OR AMF.  I also love Southern Comfort and cola, maybe a little grinadine/merachino cherries.

Updated Unicorn 1/24/17
      Active stories ~ 5  Post time frame 1-5 days

Malefique

Well, I can't drink anything with a lot of sugar and alcohol is a bit of a problem for me these days (no, not alcoholic, just got dietary disorders), but I used to love Guinness, Theakston's Old Peculiar, Director's Bitter and Waggle Dance.  And mead, I loved mead.  Nowadays when I do drink it tends to be Bushmills, Jameson's, or other Irish whiskeys.  Smooooth.
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

Oniya

Quote from: Malefique on June 23, 2011, 05:09:54 AM
Well, I can't drink anything with a lot of sugar and alcohol is a bit of a problem for me these days (no, not alcoholic, just got dietary disorders), but I used to love Guinness, Theakston's Old Peculiar, Director's Bitter and Waggle Dance.  And mead, I loved mead.  Nowadays when I do drink it tends to be Bushmills, Jameson's, or other Irish whiskeys.  Smooooth.

Waggle Dance?  I'm assuming that's got a fair amount of honey in it somewhere - or is it false advertising like chocolate stout?

Hemingway

In recent months, I seem to have developed a liking for whiskey. Scotch in particular.

Ryven

Beer: Haven't found one I like.

Cider: I love it.  I drink Woodchuck the most, Amber, Granny Smith, or 802.

Vodka: I'll drink it mixed with anything that tastes good.

Tequila: Love shots with lemon/lime and salt.  Try shots with Meyer lemons.  It's awesome.  Also love it mixed.

Rum: I'll drink it mixed, and I love it made into cordials.

Wine: Red.  White I will use for cooking though I seldom drink it.

Cocktail: Espresso Martini

Others: I like Kijafa, barenjager, fruit infused liquors, brandy, and anything with a citrus flavor.

Favorite: Limoncello.  I will drink this chilled ALL.  NIGHT.  LONG!

Malefique

@Oniya - Waggle Dance does contain honey, and very tasty it is too.
Everything is true.  God's an astronaut.  Oz is over the rainbow, and Midian is where the monsters live.

bandit

Ryven you should try sipping Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum. It's the only rum I can drink straight and it's fantastic. I actually have a bottle at the moment and like to drink it when I smoke cigars.