BREEDERS (Recruiting for next round and side plots only)

Started by lore, January 30, 2014, 02:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loves

is there a feel for a certain type of female/male?

Meaning, is there a move for a "perfect race" going on behind the scene or just the general repopulating of the human race.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Mtpersson

Quote from: Loves on January 31, 2014, 10:17:33 AM
is there a feel for a certain type of female/male?

Meaning, is there a move for a "perfect race" going on behind the scene or just the general repopulating of the human race.

Maybe some see it as an opportunity to move towards a perfect race. Possible sub-plot?

AribethAmkiir

I'm no statistician, but here's what I've got:

well if it was 1 in 100,000 then you'd only have 10 in a million.  That alone would elevate the men to an elite status.  Far too rare and valuable to do barbaric tests, and too few to service every woman in the population.  That doesn't work for this game.

In the average population, you can assume about 25% are under the age of 15 - though this should be lower since the Chimera virus reduced births for a number of years.  On average, there's about as many men as there are women.

So, in a population of 1,000,000 you'd have about 250,000 people under 15, give or take, leaving an adult population of around 750,000.  Split in half, that 375,000 men. 

1% Fertility = 1 man for every 10 women.
.1% = 1 man for every 100,000 women

In a population of 1 million, with roughly 370,000 males there would be 375 fertile males at .1%.  At .5% you'd be looking at 1,850.

I would think .5% is your number.  1,850 isn't rare and valuable enough to avoid testing on the men, or keeping those who are "working class" as breeding stock - though I would suggest quarters that are slightly better than prison cells, they are, after all, important to the future of humanity and you don't want unnecessary deaths.    At 1,850 that leaves about 202 females per male, which again, I think probably works for the game.

Mtpersson

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 31, 2014, 10:34:11 AM
I'm no statistician, but here's what I've got:

well if it was 1 in 100,000 then you'd only have 10 in a million.  That alone would elevate the men to an elite status.  Far too rare and valuable to do barbaric tests, and too few to service every woman in the population.  That doesn't work for this game.

In the average population, you can assume about 25% are under the age of 15 - though this should be lower since the Chimera virus reduced births for a number of years.  On average, there's about as many men as there are women.

So, in a population of 1,000,000 you'd have about 250,000 people under 15, give or take, leaving an adult population of around 750,000.  Split in half, that 375,000 men. 

1% Fertility = 1 man for every 10 women.
.1% = 1 man for every 100,000 women

In a population of 1 million, with roughly 370,000 males there would be 375 fertile males at .1%.  At .5% you'd be looking at 1,850.

I would think .5% is your number.  1,850 isn't rare and valuable enough to avoid testing on the men, or keeping those who are "working class" as breeding stock - though I would suggest quarters that are slightly better than prison cells, they are, after all, important to the future of humanity and you don't want unnecessary deaths.    At 1,850 that leaves about 202 females per male, which again, I think probably works for the game.

So to break it down in terms of the social structures, for every 1 million people, you would 18/19 fertile shareholder men (1%), 350ish fertile elite men (19%), and almost 1500 fertile chattel men (80%)

Paladin101

I am interested in this roleplay. Not sure which level I'd want, probably Shareholder or male chattel. Leaning towards chattel.

lore

Whoa-hoh. Ask and ye shall receive.   ;D

FOR ALL THOSE NOT INTERESTED IN MATH. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE SCARY NUMBERS, AND FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THEM. NO ONE IN GAME IS AWARE OF THESE NUMBERS SAVE CERTAIN SHAREHOLDERS

Well of we take our 1500 fertile chattel men and divide it by 7, we're left with about 215 per tower. T-7 would yoink a few from the others, leaving it housing 250-300 fertile chattel men.

I would rather keep the cells. The only time spent there is sleeping, and they are still cleaner and of better quality an outside chattel could hope for. They are also easily sanitized and monitored. Fertile chattel men are not thought of as particularly special unless a shareholder takes an interest in them. Those with higher fertilization rates would also likely get certain privileges.

At his point, I think I feel comfortable enough with the level of interest to start working on an app. Please keep coming at me with feedback. As it seems we have a lot of sharp minds hanging around. I'll post a draft of the app here for input before posting a recruitment thread.

Quoteis there a feel for a certain type of female/male?

Not something I had considered. If someone wanted to make this the interest of their character, go for it, but I don't think it's the norm.

Mtpersson

Quote from: lore on January 31, 2014, 11:20:32 AM
Whoa-hoh. Ask and ye shall receive.   ;D

FOR ALL THOSE NOT INTERESTED IN MATH. DO NOT BE AFRAID OF THE SCARY NUMBERS, AND FEEL FREE TO IGNORE THEM. NO ONE IN GAME IS AWARE OF THESE NUMBERS SAVE CERTAIN SHAREHOLDERS

Well of we take our 1500 fertile chattel men and divide it by 7, we're left with about 215 per tower. T-7 would yoink a few from the others, leaving it housing 250-300 fertile chattel men.

I would rather keep the cells. The only time spent there is sleeping, and they are still cleaner and of better quality an outside chattel could hope for. They are also easily sanitized and monitored. Fertile chattel men are not thought of as particularly special unless a shareholder takes an interest in them. Those with higher fertilization rates would also likely get certain privileges.

At his point, I think I feel comfortable enough with the level of interest to start working on an app. Please keep coming at me with feedback. As it seems we have a lot of sharp minds hanging around. I'll post a draft of the app here for input before posting a recruitment thread.

The figures are per 1 million people so would increase depending on what the general population was.

lore

which is why I want to run with the "vague, but we have a feeling of how many are out there" feel at least on our end as writers. 

I think crunching these numbers gives us a good feel for what to expect. T-7 was built to house 300 fertile chattel, but given that it is the largest one ever built, these numbers don't accurately reflect fertility rates. Does this appease everyone?

TheVillain

Hell, if you like my scientist character idea we can say "there's more fertile here for purposes of experimentation".
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

AribethAmkiir

yeah, there are ways to get around those numbers such as borrowing from other towers or simply stealing them from other towers.  That could be another possible plot idea, warring towers.

Mtpersson

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 31, 2014, 11:42:28 AM
yeah, there are ways to get around those numbers such as borrowing from other towers or simply stealing them from other towers.  That could be another possible plot idea, warring towers.

That would fit with the female CEO character who's in charge of Tower 7 in OP.

TheVillain

Oooo, missed that it started 50 years previous. So not the scientist who started it but an up-and-coming scientific wunderkind.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Vill

Quote from: TheVillain on January 31, 2014, 12:07:04 PM
Oooo, missed that it started 50 years previous. So not the scientist who started it but an up-and-coming scientific wunderkind.
'

I fall asleep for six hours and I've become a victim of unintentional mind-theft.

;)

I might just try to come up with a new character concept. Unless -- and I'm assuming that there is -- there's more than one scientist. There could probably be some interesting contrast between the two. How evil do you want to be, TheVillain? 

TheVillain

Anti-Villianous. Actually has good intentions of curing the sterility and stopping fertility fraud - if his methods are often downright monsterous.

Vill

A true utilitarian. That's cool. I think there could definitely be room for two scientists, especially if they don't exactly have the same goal.

lore

definitely room for two scientists.

-added class info
-tried to make the information less overwhelming
-added rules with side plot system
-working on an app

I am thinking about NPCing the T7 CEO. I am also going to make an sterile chattel female who has not had her request to stop breeding approved despite years of breeding with no result.

AribethAmkiir

I would feel better as a player if the GM NPC'd the CEO and rebel leader, but that's just me.

Vill

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 31, 2014, 03:04:31 PM
I would feel better as a player if the GM NPC'd the CEO and rebel leader, but that's just me.

I second this. It would help to maintain a level of consistency in the plot's progression. Even if the rebel leader was keen on receiving input from his followers/accomplices. At least this way the two total authority figures are controlled by the actual game's source of authority.

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Vill on January 31, 2014, 03:25:12 PM
I second this. It would help to maintain a level of consistency in the plot's progression. Even if the rebel leader was keen on receiving input from his followers/accomplices. At least this way the two total authority figures are controlled by the actual game's source of authority.

That, and if a player of one of those just disappears, then the game stalls.  Plus, controlling the two "main authoritarian" characters allows the GM more control over the plot and story.

lore

Pffft. Gimme all the work why doncha?  ;)

Meet your CEO:

As for the rebellion, I'm thinking or a more lateral structure. Jasper could be an important player, and there could be others equally important. I'd rather not play him, especially because he has so much plot with Amelie. For plot purposes, I suppose I could use a sagely, shadowy figure who is thought of as the unofficial leader.

lore

DRAFT APP. DO NOT POST YOUR APPS PLEASE

Name: Last, first
Sex: M/F – if someone is interested in a different gender, PM me
Class: Shareholder, elite, chattel
Fertility status: fertile, sterile
Orientation: We accept all, but there is a very hetero-centric political climate
Profession:

Personality: three main traits, followed by a paragraph minimum. Two paragraphs max.

Bio: Please, keep it to the necessary details. 

Affiliation:  Rebellion, State (anti-rebellion), neutral and a couple sentences as to why

Plot hopes: Why does your character hope to accomplish? Are you interested in writing with any particular type of character?

thoughts?

TheVillain

Loves

do you have to pick a side? 
I was thinking of making a girl that I guess would be considered Chattel.  Would it matter what she thought if she was at the bottom of the food chain?

ON HIATUS AGAIN

AribethAmkiir

How do you want to handle NPCs?  Anyone can make an NPC and can control them?  Only the person who makes the NPC can control it?  Have player controlled NPCs and GM controlled NPCs?

Quote from: Loves on January 31, 2014, 04:20:03 PM
do you have to pick a side? 
I was thinking of making a girl that I guess would be considered Chattel.  Would it matter what she thought if she was at the bottom of the food chain?

Why wouldn't it?  Peasants have overthrown monarchs, after all.