News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

New Year's Resolution

Started by Ariel, December 25, 2012, 12:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariel

Okay, I didn't see if anyone had already made this, so don't bite my head off if they did.

Kinda self explanatory, me'thinks. What is your New Year's Resolution and do you think you'll stay a man/woman of your word or break under pressure? Tell us. Shall I kick it off?

My New Year's Resolution is to become a better person. I have major attitude issues, I have a short temper, I'm bipolar, I have trust issues, and I'm a bitch to people when I'm in a foul mood. I solemnly swear to work on everything, mainly on my attitude issues. I swear to treat people with kindness and to walk away when they make me angry. I've lost some friends due to these issues, and I will never let it happen again.

Okay, who's next?  O8)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Uprising on December 25, 2012, 12:19:42 AMMy New Year's Resolution is to become a better person.

I actually tried this once. It turned out to be too vague for me have any idea if I succeeded or not. So I'm going with something more simple this year.

My New Year's resolution is to not leave my job unless I get offered a better one.

That may seem really easy to some of you, but I'm currently working on my personal best for most time at one job and would really like it if that streak actually extended into something resembling stability in my life. I've let too many things let me make excuses for leaving jobs in the past, I'm not doing it any more, I need to grow up.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Silverfyre

I never put much stock in them but I do have one resolution this year; to make more pancakes. Easily kept.

Ariel

*nods* Good resolution, Phoenix! And Silver.. make me some or die. Aw, fuck, here I am breaking my promise already.

Please make me some pancakes? O8)
Not accepting new RPs

Apologies | Ons/Offs | Finds | Requests + Rumbelle Craving

Caeli

I don't actually hold by the idea of New Year's resolutions for two reasons. First reason is that change should not have to wait for some arbitrary date for me to decide that it should happen - January is really just another month, 2013 a year +1 over the previous. Rather meaningless, all told, except that billions of people explode gunpowder in the sky to celebrate, and it's quite pretty to watch those displays.

Second, I don't recognize the Gregorian calendar as the true calendar, and thus January 1st has little significance as a date. :)

But the goal I set for myself earlier this year was to be entirely debt free (student loans, credit debt, etc.) by my next birthday. I'm on track to succeed by June, if I better what I've allotted for my monthly payments.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Lilias

I stopped making New Year's resolutions when I realised why I kept failing to keep them.

January and February are the worst of winter. It's dark, it's cold, the exhilaration of the holidays has faded and there's nothing to look forward to before spring. Seasonal depression hits its highest points, and the last thing I need is the guilt of promises failed to keep.

I do make resolutions, but pick more auspicious, and personally significant, dates, like my birthday or name day - and for smaller things, there's always the first of the month, the new moon, or the return from term break. ;)
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Izu

What Caeli and Lilias said.*nods* Especially with the cold and dark and seasonal depression stuff *shudders*

I usually do mine at my birthday - 3rd May - it's spring, it's warm, everything seems fresh and yeah~ :3 After all in my life more important is my new year, not the new calendar year.

But yeah... I usually try to promise myself to remember about the bright side of life, to be happy about the small things, to be stronger, smarter, wiser and to not let negativity always get to me - that bit is actually rather hard to accomplish.

ONs and OFFs || M/M Search || Izu's A&A
...Like reflections on the page, the world's what you create...

Sasquatch421

I never remember to make these things... Oh let's see this year? Oh let's go with I'll try not to summon Gozer the Gozerian every time something doesn't go my way. Idiot never answers anyways... Stupid god....